Author Topic: re: Permaculture and Sepp Holzer's Notes  (Read 1491 times)

Survival101

• Lloyd Perry & Company
re: Permaculture and Sepp Holzer's Notes
« on: June 04, 2012, 07:16:30 AM »

I had a thought the other day that maybe all are not aware of the great information that
Paul Wheaton puts out on his Permaculture website ~ http://www.permies.com

If you want to know anything about intensive gardening, tree, land or fish farming, hugel-
culture, swales & raised beds, land rehabilitation, site planning by sun, wind and weather
patterns, detering wildlife from your trees, gardens, etc. and etc. you would do yourself a
great service by, at least, reading his forums.

Sepp Holzer also gives his recommendations and notes from his vast experience in Zero-tillage,
no-irrigation, no-pruning. He sets up 'systems' to do this for him. His methods compliment the
environment(s), improve the soil structure, moisture retention and soil life and save time and
effort. How to seal a lake/pond, how to use 'The Monk' in a lake/pond so it doesn't stop up, how
to take better care of your livestock by planting poisonous plants and he can go on and on, too.

My most 'awakening' tip from him was that "rain did not come from the sky, but from the ground"...
hmmm, lightening does this too, I wonder, if there is a connection... Anyway, to simplify, if there
isn't anything to hold, stir up, exchange moisture on the ground, there can't be any rain, so soon
your soil blows away and you have a desert. But, it doesn't have to be or stay that way, with
some work and the right methods you can create and have an oasis.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: re: Permaculture and Sepp Holzer's Notes
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:09:12 AM »
Thanks for sharing this.  I for one will be checking it out.  It's always good to know more than one way of raising your gardens.