Author Topic: Green Home sites  (Read 3631 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Green Home sites
« on: July 22, 2012, 09:06:52 AM »

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Green Home sites
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:09:15 AM »
Thanks for the reference sites Yowbarb.  While I was glancing at them, I was thinking of that show I think it's on the History Channel, called Mountain Men.  I've only seen about 3 episodes, but I really like it as it's like how I'd like to live, except not in Alaska, that's way too cold! 

Also, I saw on that green home site building with stone.  A couple weeks ago it hit me how ancient people built things with stone and I thought I should learn how to do this basic thing.  Some of those buildings or fences are still standing after hundreds of years!  And they did it all without mortar even.  So thanks again for reminding me about areas I need to learn.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »
Thanks for the reference sites Yowbarb.  While I was glancing at them, I was thinking of that show I think it's on the History Channel, called Mountain Men.  I've only seen about 3 episodes, but I really like it as it's like how I'd like to live, except not in Alaska, that's way too cold! 

Also, I saw on that green home site building with stone.  A couple weeks ago it hit me how ancient people built things with stone and I thought I should learn how to do this basic thing.  Some of those buildings or fences are still standing after hundreds of years!  And they did it all without mortar even.  So thanks again for reminding me about areas I need to learn.

Steedy, I'm glad if it helps...
That Mountain Men is one show I want to start recording. Keep running out of room...
I have a whole lot to learn...my bro is into construction I don't do any of that...
I love stonework. In Tujunga CA they have a lot of homes with stones stuck in the
concrete on the outsides of their houses. The nearby creek has massive amounts of stones... The photo doesn't really show how many stones...
I guess it would be wise to stockpile some of the raw building materials...Some could
be from the area of the survival land itself...
- Yowbarb

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:22:43 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 11:35:58 AM »
Yowbarb Note: Posting this here. Whether these would all hold up to extreme earth changes,
I cannot be sure at this point. Video worth a look-see.

GreenHouse System Earth-Sheltered Housing   2:22  711,722 Views

VIDEO Link: http://youtu.be/rE8DZQjBb3k

Uploaded by 2011greenhouse on Feb 3, 2011
http://www.colfibrex.com/en/index.html. A new way of living protected by nature. A revolutionary building system, registered in the Library of Congress of the U.S.A. as a new technology.System Earth-Sheltered Housing.Earth-bermed houses, underground homes,underground house designs,

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:44:03 PM »
Repeating this now. I am not sure how reinforced these homes are or if they would hold up to earth changes. A person would have to check with the people who build these homes.
Wonderful - looking,  :)
Yowbarb
http://www.colfibrex.com/en/index.html    VIDEO on page...

Green-House © System
Earth-Sheltered Housing

GREEN TECH
 A new way of living protected by nature. A revolutionary building system, registered in the Library of Congress of the U.S.A. as a new technology.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:46:00 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 09:50:43 PM »
It would be necessary to have metal doors to pop into place where there is glass, all entrances. Could be something installed on the inside in case of emergency... (Inside and outside.)
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:40:05 PM by Yowbarb »

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 04:44:09 AM »
The ones built into the side of the hill are just too cool!  I would think that would give someone a huge advantage during any drastic event! 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 05:56:28 AM »
The ones built into the side of the hill are just too cool!  I would think that would give someone a huge advantage during any drastic event!

Enlightenme, I also think they look really cool!  :)
I just hope people realize that, in case of extreme events, there will have to be a way to cover all that
exposed glass which could blow in etc. Also other earth changes would make it necessary to cover those windows and doors.
- I wonder if the company sells door and window covering...
People can rig up their own bolt on the inside window and door covering...
Would be necessary in just about any kind of shelter...
- Yowbarb

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 06:08:04 AM »
I'm sure you are right Barb!  I was also thinking, what a great home to keep undesirables away, heck they would hardly even be able to tell it was there!  I bet from the back it doesn't look much different than the natural terrain, or perhaps some type of large sand mound septic system.  I would think you could throw some type of camouflage tarp in front of the windows as well, and then no one would even know you were there! 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 06:24:41 AM »
I'm sure you are right Barb!  I was also thinking, what a great home to keep undesirables away, heck they would hardly even be able to tell it was there!  I bet from the back it doesn't look much different than the natural terrain, or perhaps some type of large sand mound septic system.  I would think you could throw some type of camouflage tarp in front of the windows as well, and then no one would even know you were there!

Enlightenme, you're right.  :)  A home in the hillside has the advantage of being far less visible!
Camo stuff a good idea...
If I had a swimming pool like in the illustration, and there were some extreme events on the way,
1.   I would drain it
2.   store goods in it
3.   cover it with a solid sheet of (something)
4.   fasten that down
5.   then put fake turf over that...

- Yowbarb

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 06:40:24 AM »
Yep, exactly.  Here's some camo netting listed on Amazon which might work perfectly, and shoot what an excellent price too! (On sale for only $15.00)

http://www.amazon.com/Mossy-Oak-MO-12CN-BU-Camo-Netting/dp/B003RXL72M/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1358865380&sr=8-14&keywords=camouflage

Now, that size wouldn't work for the pool of course, but it sure would work for the windows.  ;D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 07:00:13 AM »
Yep, exactly.  Here's some camo netting listed on Amazon which might work perfectly, and shoot what an excellent price too! (On sale for only $15.00)

http://www.amazon.com/Mossy-Oak-MO-12CN-BU-Camo-Netting/dp/B003RXL72M/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1358865380&sr=8-14&keywords=camouflage

Now, that size wouldn't work for the pool of course, but it sure would work for the windows.  ;D

That looks like it would provide a degree of invisibility for sure...
Posting an image...of what U posted.  :)
Good for cars too... I might add some flameproof spray. - Yowbarb

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B003RXL72M/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=3375251&s=sporting-goods

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 07:24:45 AM »
If I had a swimming pool like in the illustration, and there were some extreme events on the way,

1.   I would drain it
2.   store survival goods in it
3.   cover it with a solid sheet of (building material, metal plastic etc.)
4.   flameproof-spray that
5.   fasten that down
6.   then put fake turf over it all...

- Yowbarb

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 09:40:39 AM »
Don't you just love these unusual homes?  Wonderful how imaginative people are.  I like people who think outside the box.