Author Topic: When you need to be the doctor since there is no one else!  (Read 18491 times)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: When you need to be the doctor since there is no one else!
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2017, 06:11:51 PM »
Thanks so much for posting this.  Would it be worthwhile systematically massaging all of the zones on the hand daily?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2017, 12:36:09 PM »
The first few times I ate our own home-grown honey a decade ago, I had violent sneezing attacks, but that no longer happens so I guess I've become desensitized.

R.R. - that is really interesting to hear about! Surely gives insight into how it works...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
Wow, you guys, I'm catching up on some of your very interesting posts--must have been in a time warp in July!

Well, just this morning I found this in a folder of stuff I stash for PXTH, so if there's no doctor, no nurse, and you can't find your books or any other information, here is a little accupressure chart that might help someone in a pinch.  Accupressure has helped me many times; plus there is one pressure point I use every day for liver normalizing, and I have faith in this. 

But if one point does not seem to work, you can try another, as many issues/ailments usually have more than one different pressure point that will alleviate the same problem, and remember, be patient, and sometimes you may need daily work.

Awesome info, ilinda!
I have also used acupressure but not nearly as much as I could.

Read something decades ago in an encyclopedia of alternative med. Learned a few points.
I use the point on the upper lip, twisting the whole lip, firmly, clockwise when I get leg cramps.

For a really killer headache, firmly press the thumbs above the eyebrow. Move both thumbs until you find the place where it feels like a sheet of metal going directly into the skull. The, firmly rotate both thumbs, clockwise until there is relief.

ilinda, I normally do not get bad headaches, or leg cramps anymore, but every time I do, those accupressure points work for me.
Years ago a naturopath gave a lecture and several quick tips, in passing. One was: In the AM feel your palm of your hand. If you feel pain in any area, firmly massage that point until it feels normal. :)
another good one.
I plan to keep your diagram and use that too.
Thanks!
:)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2017, 03:17:43 PM »
Thanks so much for posting this.  Would it be worthwhile systematically massaging all of the zones on the hand daily?
No, I would not recommend massaging all the zones on the hand daily and here's a perfect example, which is hilarious in retrospect!

Some years ago I was working on/looking for non-conventional help with thyroid acting up, usually going "hypo-" on me.  Well, in rifling through my alternatives library, I found the chart I just posted, and quickly read it and decided to work on my thyroid.

After a few minutes I started feeling warm, then warmer, then sort of hot.  So I looked at the chart again, and in my haste, I had mis-read typhoid!  I was applying pressure to the spot for helping alleviate typhoid fever, and apparently it was warming my body, presumably to help kill the typhoid microorganism.  After all, fever is "Nature's Antibiotic".

Anyway, I've been more cautious about reading the fine print since them! 

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2017, 04:27:22 PM »
Wow, the accupressure must work quickly then.  What a hilarious story! :)