Author Topic: Do You Know Your Purpose?  (Read 10751 times)

Endtimesgal_2012

Do You Know Your Purpose?
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:05:40 AM »
Everyone needs to know their purpose in order to have a fulfilling life.  But I will go a step further and state that I believe everyone born into this world comes with a purpose. A specific, or several specific things they want to complete in this lifetime.  Not all of us can be brain surgeons, or great politicians, but we are all part of the body of humankind and each one of us has an important contribution to make for the well being of humankind as a whole. You might say,” what can I do, I am only an ordinary person, no one important?”  Unfortunately, this attitude is commonplace in today’s society.  We have been brainwashed to believe that if we are not someone “important” we cannot contribute anything of importance. 

In today's society, we are conditioned to be consumed by “self fulfillment” and “self gratification.”  All the television, magazine, and internet ads tell us that we need material things like new cars or trucks, granite countertops, trophy houses, and the proper labels in our clothing in order to be happy. And they say, "Because you're worth it!" This creates a mindset which will keep us from understanding what will actually make us feel fulfilled and give us a lasting feeling of self worth. We have lost what is truly important in life.  Material things have never made anyone truly happy.

Perhaps someone you know purchases a new car,or your best friend acquires a new purse.  You see the object, decide you must have one like it, and so you purchase something similar.   In the beginning when you look at it or someone admires it, you have a feeling of happiness and fulfillment, but this soon fades.  Eventually, you find something similar to what you already own, but it is somehow, “better,” and suddenly you want it, feel you must have it to be "happy," and so you purchase it, and discard the former one.  This is the reason car lots are always full of used cars, so many homes listed for sale, and why there are huge department stores everywhere. And anyone who visits the local thrift store will see items for sale that someone, (perhaps even yourself,) no longer wanted, but which are still good, usable items, and you quickly realize that we as a society, are never satisfied and are truly wasteful. While other countries have multitudes of people who are barely subsisting, we have such an excess of wealth we can change our mind continually for no good reason other than the illusive seeking of happiness and contentment.   

Material things will never make a person happy. Happiness comes from within, and I believe it is BECAUSE WE HAVE A PURPOSE.  Fulfilling this purpose daily brings contentment and true happiness.  We recognize our self worth, and giving of ourselves is tremendously satisfying, much more so than simply spending money on unimportant material objects.

I recognized my purpose many years ago.  I believe I volunteered to come at this time to assist others in knowing about the coming earth changes and preparing for them.  It is tremendously fulfilling, and gives me much happiness.  It does not matter whether or not I survive these events, my faith in a Creator, and the knowledge that my soul will survive outside this “container” makes that irrelevant. Of course it is human nature to want to survive, but I try to live each day fully and not worry about what I cannot change.  Am I prepared?  You bet I am, but now I am focused on helping others prepare however I am able.

Another purpose for me was to be the best wife and mother I could and to raise healthy responsible children.  I have watched my three girls grow up to be STO individuals, each in their own special way.  Therefore I believe we can have more than one purpose. but if you look at the whole picture, they actually dovetail together into an overall purpose, which is is to contribute in a positive manner to the entire body of humanity.  All the parts fit together, just as all the parts of the human body work together to keep us functioning.  Every part helps all the rest of the parts.

I believe once you recognize your purpose, you then have a reason to live, and find true happiness and fulfillment.  Only then can you experience contentment.

Please think about this, and I would love to hear from you about what your purpose is, and how your purpose helps the totality of mankind. Also, any suggestion from you for others on how to recognize your purpose, would be much appreciated.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:17:41 AM by Endtimesgal_2012 »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Do You Know Your Purpose?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:43:32 AM »
Endtimesgal_2012 thanks for starting this interesting Topic!  :)
You have said all this eloquently and well - and I can relate to all of it.
My general purpose is to sort some things out and then help humankind, in some way. Perhaps being here is part of it, and other purposes as well.I have raised five and it's a work in progress they are all good, creative people still reaching for their potential in their creativity and in other areas. I was supposed to be an artist but have strayed quite a bit just trying to be a wife, mother and so on... As a child I spent hours drawing pictures. I wrote a book of poetry at age eleven...
Many years have flown by, but I never quite gave up on any of my original purposes as a spiritual being...even at my age I am restarting it all. One of my immediate purposes is to locate survival land and create a safe haven for family..
I would do far, far more if the wherewithal presented itself to me. That's where the importance of the material world comes in...
It is very good to read something like you have presented.
All The Best to you,
Barb Townsend

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
One generic answer:  everyone's purpose is to raise their level of consciousness at least a bit.  See book Power Versus Force by
David Hawkins MD PhD.

Another generic answer: everyone's soul, before birth, in consultation with other souls and spirits, decided a lesson plan to be pursued during the next lifetime; and so, each person's purpose, during the current lifetime, is to complete that lesson plan as thoroughly as possible.

Now, for some (or many) people, that lesson plan includes 1) suffering some specific type(s) of painful experience(s), and/or 2) playing a role that provides the painful experiences that one or more other persons' souls included in their lesson plan.

Hence, if someone causes you to have a painful experience, it could be that you and him/her are simply playing out the roles that your soul requested of him/her before you were born.  And so, if that is -- or could be, perhaps -- the case, you should thank him/her for his/her contribution to furthering your life's lesson plan.  In any case, it provides you with an opportunity to practice forgiveness, which always increases your level of consciousness.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:56:08 AM »
Jimfarmer:  You expressed yourself so well, and I concur with your comments.  Of course that is everyone's general purpose, but I want people to think about how they can themselves contribute to the overall well being of mankind.  Even little things they do consistently can bring great spiritual growth, personal satisfaction, and contentment.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »
Welcome new Global Moderator Endtimesgal_2012!     ;D ;D   ;D  :D  ;) ;)  8)
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:51 PM »
Do you ever wish you could share the knowledge you have received regarding the future events with others?  Many of us have incarnated this time to assist others in various ways to prepare for what is coming. Maybe this is the main purpose for which you have come this time.  Perhaps you feel that you do not know how to broach the subject with others without sounding crazy.

The next time you are having to wait for something with strangers, like at Jiffy Lube, or the Doctor's office, strike up a conversation with someone sitting next to you.  Start out with a comment like, "Can you believe the crazy weather we have been having this year? Why do you think this is happening?"  And then let them tell you what they think about it.  Then you can express concern with how the weather has changed so much that any person who really thinks about it should be prepared for the possibility of  losing the power for an extended time by stocking food and water.  Or you can approach the subject by saying "Have you seen that FEMA is telling everyone to prepare a 72 hour kit for disaster events? That is really scary, I researched it on the web and found a list of things everyone should have and prepared my kit just in case."  Or talk about the possible collapse of the economy.  There are so many ways to open the dialogue up and you could be the one who is the catalyst to open them to the awareness that things are not normal, and to begin thinking of what they would do personally if it happened.

Do any of you have stories of how this has worked for you personally?  And maybe you have some suggestions for us that will help us awaken others?  Time is getting short and when I think of all the people who have no clue what is going to happen, I feel terrible, they will be so frightened.  I believe simply having a plan and taking some action to prepare helps eliminate the stress involved in the events. 

So lets hear your comments please.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
Few people who are accomplishing great things in life,  started out from day one knowing what their purpose in this lifetime is all about.  Possibly some always knew, but the rest of us simply plod along, just trying to get through life as easily as possible.  We become so engrossed in the problems of daily life, we simply don't even think about a "purpose." 

So how do we figure out our purpose, and do we even care?  Hopefully, if you are truly a "service to other" person, you do.  How many people even understand what the terms "service to others" and "service to self" mean?

I think a person can to start  to find their purpose, by determining what these terms actually mean, and that will help you to realize where you stand, and that is a good beginning. 

There are many good descriptions to be found by a search on the internet, but basically, a service to other person is one who takes pleasure in in assisting others in some way, even if small and seemingly inconsequential, and thinks of the welfare of us all as a whole. 

A service to self is a person who truly feels that their wants, needs and desires are all that matters, and constantly focuses on satisfying that, irregardless of whether doing so will adversely affect others.

I believe this is the first step in finding your purpose. I seriously doubt that most people's purpose is to get their way, as much as possible, and to heck with what happens to others.  I want to believe most people are basically good at heart, but some are a little misguided.  Unfortunately, this kind of thinking is not taught in school, and actually not taught well in most churches.  I have unfortunately seen many service to self individuals in positions of importance in churches, so simply being "religious" does not mean a person is a service to others individual.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:02:04 AM by Endtimesgal_2012 »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 09:43:59 PM »
Endtimesgal, good thoughts...

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
I am one of those people who have always wanted to know my purpose, and have been on a spiritual quest to figure that out.  I do feel that part of my purpose has been to help others learn about the coming events and to become prepared, not only physically, but mentally.  Thankfully I have been able to educate many these past years in that regard.

But I realized that once I had done a satisfactory job in my own personal preparations, I wanted to do more.  I wanted to find out more about my purpose in this lifetime.  I have recently discovered books written by Delores Cannon, which have greatly increased my knowledge about our purpose.  She has a series titled:  The Convoluted Universe.  There are 4 books in the series.  Through reading them I have decided, our primary purpose is to experience all kinds of situations in order to increase our knowledge and contribute to the Source's knowledge, of which we are all a part of.

Another great book is "The Divine Matrix" by Greg Braden, which will explain things much better than I could ever do.  This book started me in the right direction, along with "The Source Code Investigations" by David Wilcock.  This book is one that should be required reading for anyone who wants to grow in spiritual knowledge.  These two books have done more than any other books I have ever read, to increase my understanding of the magnificence of God and what it means to be "God" or the "Source."  We all know that God is not a human like being, but in our limited understanding we tend to think of "Him" as one.  I cannot recommend these books enough.

But getting back to Delores Cannon's books, my understanding of all mankind's purpose has become so much clearer.  She said that in her many, many readings and regressions which she has done, almost all of us want to know our purpose.  Along with increasing the Source's knowledge, (an in turn our own knowledge, since we are part of the source,) we are being told that there is nothing more important than Love.  We are being told that we must learn to love ourselves, which means not beating ourselves up for our mistakes, or flaws, and that in order to love others, we must first love ourselves.

If we can get ourselves in the proper place, mentally and spiritually, we will love everything.  This is such a huge thing, it boggles the mind.  Not only will we find love in our hearts for all of mankind, both good and bad, but love for everything, from the dirt on the ground to the very air we breathe.  This is because in a nutshell, everything that exists comes from the God source.  Therefore we are all connected.  We are all part of the God source.  Since we are all connected, how can we not love everything? 

I will not try to go into detail here about how this all works.  But I can guarantee that if you read these books, you will grow by leaps and bounds in understanding of how it all works, and you will be amazed and in wonder.

I no longer fear the coming shift, and who knows, maybe I did not plan to survive this event.  I know now that I planned this lifetime prior to coming in, I wanted to be here during this timeline, and there is a divine plan in place, so now I can actually be excited about what is coming.  It is a necessary event, and we can use it to grow spiritually instead of being fearful.  What will be will be.

It is good to have an awareness of the coming pole shift, and to be mentally, physically and spiritually prepared as we can possibly be.  Now that I have done what I can in that direction, God has shown me through these books, that although I would like to survive the shift, and to avoid pain and suffering, it does not matter whether I do or not, as only this body will not survive, my real existence is separate from this body, and I will go back to the source and plan my next experience.

I will never cease to exist, and there is much more to learn and experience, which is very exciting to me.  Much better than when I simply thought of when I die, I will go to Heaven and be with God.  Now that concept sounds so kindergarten to me, I am really excited about what my existence is all about.

So if you want to know your purpose, start with growing as much in knowledge and understanding of what life is truly all about.  By reading these books, you will see how everything is connected, why things happen the way they do, and it will make it much easier for you to truly feel love for all of mankind, and for everything that exists.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 07:56:08 AM »
I have now read more of Delores Cannon's books, one which is called "Keepers of the Garden" and I am now reading "Between  Death and Life."  I have just started reading this one but already find it very interesting.  I have to say that her books have done so much to further my understanding of what our existence is all about, and to help me realize there is so much more to it all than I could have ever imagined.  It is interesting for me to look back at my journey so far in this lifetime and how my belief system has changed and grown over the years.

I actually went through a period of time where I was very depressed and had just about lost all faith in a Divine Creator.   I had grown up with a mainstream background in religion, and had always thought of God as my Heavenly Father, even called him "Dad" for many years as my earthly father had passed over.  I had been reading some books (don't remember the titles at this time,) which cast a lot of doubt on the scriptures and their accuracy, some even going so far as to insinuate that the scriptures were false.  These books really upset my faith in God and for a while I did not know what to believe.

Then along came David Wilcock's book "The Source Code Investigations," and Greg Braden's "Divine Matrix," and these books so greatly increased my understanding of what "God" really is, that my faith grew by leaps and bounds.  I came to realize that God was so much more magnificent than what I had pictured in my limited understanding, and I could scarcely contain my excitement.  I was hungry for more knowledge and was beginning to see the larger picture and how I figured into this new equation.

Then along came Delores Cannon's books.  My daughter was the one who introduced her to me, and she wanted me to read "The Custodians." which I was really not interested in.  It details our relationship to Aliens, and what Abduction is all about.  This is a subject which hits close to home as many of my family members including myself have had visitations.  I felt I had already read a lot on the subject and thus was reluctant to read another book on the subject.  Fortunately, at her urging, I did read the book, and that started me on the path.  In retrospect, if I had known, I would most likely have started with "Keepers of the Garden," and then read "Between Life and Death," and then "The Custodians," and then started the series of four books, "Convoluted Universe."

Needless to say, my understand and faith has grown so much.  The path has been like pre-school, grade school, high school, etc.  I would say I am now at High School level, and I am looking forward to College.  I do not know where my path will take me next, but I am excited to find out. 

I have come to understand that all of us have a grand purpose, which is to experience lifetimes in many different ways, some which do not include living in a human body here on Earth.  There are many planes of existence which we are not aware of.  I believe most of us (If not all of us) have chosen to incarnate here on Earth during this time because of the coming Pole Shift.  And for various reasons.  Some are here to assist others, some are here for the experience, and I am sure there are others who are here for reasons I do not know or understand.  This understanding has taken the last of the fear out of what is coming.  If I do not survive, it does not matter, for only the body or "vehicle" as it is sometimes called, will cease to function, I of course will continue to exist.  I will then go back to the God Source, rest and reflect on how this lifetime turned out, what I accomplished, what I did not accomplish,  and then later, after resting a bit, go on to a new learning experience.  This knowledge makes life so much more exciting.   

So do I still believe each one of us has a distinct purpose?  Oh, yes, absolutely!  But while you are figuring that out, you can wake up each morning and make the most of that new day, to learn, grow, and experience life.  Every day is a learning experience, so learn to savor the moments.  Live in the now, and don't fret about the future.  Life is a school house, and we are all students of life here on Earth.

When you have the opportunity to do something for someone else, do it!  Even if it is simply saying "Hello," or giving a compliment to someone.  Make the most out of this lifetime, get busy, get involved, volunteer your time in what ever area appeals to you.  The homeless shelter, the Animal shelter, visiting the elderly in nursing homes who have no one who comes to see them, picking up trash, there are numerous ways to be involved.  You will not only be helping others, but you will grow in leaps and bounds yourself.  And keep in mind that it is of utmost importance to resolve any differences we may have with others.  It is important for us to forgive and not harbor any resentment towards others.  Keep in mind you arranged these things to happen prior to incarnating.

So I now say, "Stop worrying about what your purpose is."  From what I have learned so far, we meet with a council prior to our incarnation here on Earth, and we decide which lessons we want to learn, and what set of experiences will best help us to learn them.  We choose our circumstances, our parents, and those people who will affect us in one way or another, whether positively or negatively.  But as the bible tells us, once we come into this lifetime, a "veil of forgetfulness" comes over us and we do not remember our purpose.  Some of us do discover what that is somewhere during our lifetime, but many do not.  So even though it may be hard to understand, even bad things that happen to us are for a reason and a purpose.  So all we can do is forge ahead, and do our best.   Therefore, do not be discouraged, do not wallow in self pity if life has dealt you lemons, make lemonade.  It all is for a purpose, your purpose, so get up and get going.

I am sure many of you who read this will have some great insights to share on this subject.  Many of you will not agree with me and that is ok too.  We all have to walk our own path.  My path is not yours, my understanding will not be yours.  My way is not the only way, or even the "right" way for some of you.  That is what is so wonderful about our Creator, "He" has a multitude of ways for us to grow and learn, and no two are alike.  Our Creator loves all of us, regardless of creed, or color, and despite our shortcomings.  We are all here to grow in faith and understanding, and eventually all of us will return to the God Source.   

Survival101

• Lloyd Perry & Company
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 08:10:03 AM »

Endtimesgal_2012 - Thanks for the great post, very cool 'words'...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 04:10:18 PM »
Endtimesgal I very much appreciate your words here.
I have gone through my 180 degree changes  as far as religious beliefs. I got a few glimpses into what I consider the Divine. A Divine, high vibration above us. Well maybe I am getting too subjective here...For me I lost the doubt some years back. Reaching up to the divine always helps. Prayer always helps..
 :)

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 08:27:21 PM »
I have written three responses to this post now, and hit the "escape" button all three times now.  Do I know my purpose?  No.  I don't.  I thought I did, on more than one occasion in my life, but I don't.

My ship is sailing in the right direction, by all accounts, and I am still confused.

I know I am here for a reason.  I know I am capable of fullfilling that purpose.  I don't have the first clue what that purpose is. 

I am trained to save lives and to protect lives and my favorite verse of scripture is, "No greater love hath he than a man lay down his life for his friends."  Got it.  Been there, done that...  Still ready to do it.

I was all on my own, four plus years ago, when I was newly married with a bride who had never been outside of Southern California and I got orders to a snowy mid-west state...  Not only did I excel, but she did as well, and we made it together.  During that time in hell, I woke up and found this place in the process.

Now, I'm wondering...  I still feel like SOMETHING is coming.  I know it is.  I can feel it.  I can't not feel it.  What is it?  I'm not so sure anymore...  I don't know.

What is my purpose?  Guess what?  I don't know. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:43:51 PM by JKB »
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 10:25:23 AM »
JKB:   Join the club.  Many of us who KNOW we have a "purpose", do not know what that purpose is.  I am being impressed that we are not to worry, the time will come soon when we will "awaken" and know exactly what that specific purpose, or "mission," is.  You are not alone in your feeling that SOMETHING is going to happen, and I feel it is going to be very soon.  How soon?  Not sure, since our idea of time frames are so different from time on the spiritual planes, where time does not exist.  But I am definitely experiencing a strong sense of "soon."

In the meantime, I believe we all share a common purpose which is to learn, and grow spiritually.  Growing spiritually includes a lot more that simply having a personal belief in a Higher Consciousness, it includes our entire attitude, and our actions towards life, people, our personal interests, our mental and physical state, the world we live in, everything that is, seen or unseen.   Everything is connected, and all has lessons for us to learn and grow from by experiencing

To grow spiritually does not mean you must attend church, read the bible every day and quote scripture.   But for those who are being led to do those things, they are following their individual path, which includes those things. There is wisdom to be found in the Bible, as well as the writings of other great Prophets.  No one should ever be judgmental about another person's approach to walking their path. We are all in different parts of the path, and each person's path is tailored to what is most relevant to them during their present incarnation. There are many roads to enlightenment, as many are their are different kinds of personalities and peoples. Our ultimate goal is to attain enlightenment and make our way back to the "Source," our "Home," back to the God Source.  At least this is my personal "Truth." Yours may be different than mine and that is OK too.

The real key is to do our best to "live in the Moment."  As we learn to become more aware, (easier said than done,) we will find ourselves definitely being "directed" in particular ways, some of which we will not even realize are meaningful to the allover growth of our person.  We need to practice "listening" to that quiet voice that is inside, to listen to our instincts, as that instinct will not steer us wrong. But our Ego does it's best to focus us on the unimportant aspects of life.  We text, facebook, twitter, watch lots of television and movies, and all around over indulge ourselves.  We are so preoccupied with "stuff" we have totally lost touch with that small, still voice which is patiently waiting to point us in the right direction so we can actually accomplish the goals we came here to complete.

I believe we each select our parents, and other important people in our life, to be present in this lifetime for specific learning experiences, which assist us in our spiritual development.  We select a goal of something we want to learn about, a skill we want to develop, a lesson we want to learn, or to assist someone else in their path, which will also benefit us and further our spiritual growth.  This is all crystal clear prior to being born, but after we arrive, we go through "the veil of forgetfulness."  That is why it is so important to learn to listen to that small still voice, and follow our instincts.  Our higher consciousness still knows all, and is trying hard to keep us on track.

So my personal advise to you and to others who may feel the same, (and we all do, including myself,) is to take a break, unplug, meditate, take a walk in the woods, sit on a mountaintop, and become reacquainted with the REAL you who is patiently waiting to be heard.  I have found that if I can still the chaos, and ask that internal "me" questions, I can actually often get answers.  Many of which I do not want to accept.  That internal voice, is so impartial, so frank, sometimes I do not like what it has to say, but I listen anyway.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »
I have written three responses to this post now, and hit the "escape" button all three times now.  Do I know my purpose?  No.  I don't.  I thought I did, on more than one occasion in my life, but I don't.

My ship is sailing in the right direction, by all accounts, and I am still confused.

I know I am here for a reason.  I know I am capable of fullfilling that purpose.  I don't have the first clue what that purpose is. 

I am trained to save lives and to protect lives and my favorite verse of scripture is, "No greater love hath he than a man lay down his life for his friends."  Got it.  Been there, done that...  Still ready to do it.

I was all on my own, four plus years ago, when I was newly married with a bride who had never been outside of Southern California and I got orders to a snowy mid-west state...  Not only did I excel, but she did as well, and we made it together.  During that time in hell, I woke up and found this place in the process.

Now, I'm wondering...  I still feel like SOMETHING is coming.  I know it is.  I can feel it.  I can't not feel it.  What is it?  I'm not so sure anymore...  I don't know.

What is my purpose?  Guess what?  I don't know.

Mr. JKB I just want to say I appreciate your being here and I appreciate your sharing your thoughts.
it takes an honest person to say, occasionally, at this point I do NOT know.
I feel every thinking person at times does not know.
For what it's worth I feel it could be just before some major change...
Probably a pro-survival one.
All The Best,
Yowbarb