Author Topic: How many of us recognize our True Abilities?  (Read 7388 times)

Endtimesgal_2012

How many of us recognize our True Abilities?
« on: October 08, 2012, 08:59:28 AM »
My thoughts have been rambling for a bit, and so I thought I would share some of them with you and see if anyone else out there is on the same wavelength.

I have been watching a granddaughter in her new marriage of three years now, and I find it really interesting.  I wish I lived closer to her so I could help influence her a bit more.  She is a full time wife and mother, and she keeps a wonderful home and is a really good mommie.  She is trying hard to teach my great granddaughter the way to conduct herself, like sharing, "please and thank you" and other things.

But it is really interesting to me how much the way we live today has changed from when I was a child.  Back then, I was the oldest of 9 children.  My mother did not work outside the home, she had plenty enough work simply trying to keep things perking along at home.

We did eventually get a television, but we spent a lot of time playing outside, as my mother did not allow the television to be used as a "babysitter."  We came home from school, changed our clothes into "play clothes," and then did our chores.  Even the children who were too young to attend school had chores, small things like emptying wastebaskets, picking up their rooms, or dusting.  Once we finished our chores, we could play for a while if we did not have homework.

I have wonderful memories of the great fun we had playing outside.  We put on "plays" for our parents and even enlisted the help of the neighbor kids and their parents would come.  We built forts, and had foot races, or would see who could stand on their head the longest without falling over.  If we ever complained we were "bored" or "there's nothing to do," my mother would fill up pans and buckets with spic and span and water and hand us a rag and we scrubbed hand prints off the walls and woodwork, so we seldom complained and found ways to use our imaginations to entertain ourselves.

My mother baked her own bread, cooked all meals from scratch, did not have a microwave or dishwasher, she did not even have a clothes dryer.  With that many children sometimes there was more than one child in diapers, (we were raised catholic, and obviously the "rhythm method was not working well.)  So she had lots of laundry daily, to wash and hang on the line to dry.  My mother had a very hard life.  She did without a lot of things to make sure we were well fed, and had shoes on our feet.  She also sewed a lot of our clothing and I used to look forward to new school clothes, and she would allow me to help select the fabric and patterns. 

I remember being put in front of the sewing machine when I was about 10, and was given an article of clothing my aunt had given us which was way too big for me, and told to practice cutting it down in size and altering it to fit me.  That was my first project.  I didn't do too badly, I had watched my mother for so long I pretty much knew how the machine worked.

As a result of this early training, all of us kids, (9) keep clean houses, are neat and tidy, and know how to cook and how to repair things instead of throwing it out and buying something new.  I do not keep a "rag bag" like my mother did, but I do recycle old towels and washcloths for cleaning rags, etc.

My concerns are that young people today have been so accustomed to simply going out and buying what ever catches their eye, and most have no idea how to recycle things other than maybe glass and paper and cardboard.  They do not have any conception how to reuse or re purpose items in order to save money.  Young women usually do not have any idea how to make their own pie crust, bread without a bread maker, cook beans from scratch, or make their own cleaning supplies.  And I'll bet maybe 5% of young wives have ever used a clothesline.

I believe we are doing a great disservice to ourselves and our children by not keeping these kinds of skills alive.  The day may come soon where we will not be able to simply go to the store and purchase what we want.  And even if we could, we may not have the money to do so.

So I am challenging all of you to find ways to learn new skills and teach them to your children.  Even if you start with just one thing, it would be a good thing and I believe you will find a great deal of satisfaction and enjoyment in doing so.

Endtimesgal_2012

Re: How many of us recognize our True Abilities?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 03:40:06 PM »
I know a woman who has make an art out of stretching the food dollar.  She makes delicious meals, and can extend a roast to last for several meals and no one ever feels like they are being deprived in any way.  This is definitely a good ability to have. 

Abilities are not necessarily being able to leap buildings with a single bound, or that you need to be superwoman.  We underestimate how gifted many of us are in various areas, and tend to think we have nothing to contribute.

Don't underestimate your abilities.  Every single person has abilities, they just do not recognize them.  I have a daughter who has an incredible ability to comfort others, and many people have sought her out for that.  She is in the military and she recently returned from  Afghanistan, and even though she is only in her 40's, she became known as "Mom" to many other soldiers who would come to her for solace after witnessing the horrible things that go on over there.

What one thing do you do incredibly well?  Sew, knit, make candles?  Even these things which seem so minor, will be important skills which not only will be needed after the shift, but a person who knows how to do this will be invaluable in teaching these skills to others.  Come on folks, put on your thinking caps and quit undervaluing yourselves.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:46:17 PM by Endtimesgal_2012 »

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:36:06 AM »
I know many people who go through life feeling dissatisfied.  With life in general, with their jobs, with their spouses, and mostly with themselves.  The newsstand magazines are full of articles which detail how to look prettier, sexier, be in better physical shape, etc, etc. Now there is nothing wrong with wanting to improve oneself.  I have no argument with that,  but how many people do you know personally who may be very attractive on the outside, but very unattractive on the inside?  I believe part of this problem is that the person has not found their purpose.  I know to some this sounds like mumbo jumbo, but stop and think about it.  Is life really all about what we can get for ourselves, our personal satisfaction, having our way?  It has always appeared to me that people who have managed to arrange their life and the people in it to accommodate their every desire, are still very unhappy, and always finding something else they must have to "be happy."

True satisfaction and happiness comes from being a giver and not a taker.  This takes many forms.  You do not need to be a "Mother Teresa" to give to others.  Nor do you need to deny yourself any pleasures or luxuries in life.

Look around, take a stranger's view of what you and your life is all about.  Maybe you are a single person starting out in life, struggling to make ends meet in a minimum wage job.  You may say, "my purpose is to survive."  And of course that is a primary purpose of living.  But while going through all the steps you have to in order to survive daily, there are many opportunities to achieve the purpose you came into this lifetime to accomplish.

It is time for some introspection on your part.  Shut off the television, turn off the phone and the internet.  Spend some time with yourself.  Sort of like a form of meditation.  Start examining who you are, really are.  Not the image you have created to show to others.  Use a notepad, and list your secret qualities, the thoughts and beliefs you have in your heart of hearts.

On this list will be good things, and maybe some not so good things.  Don't worry about the negative things, that is a positive step in itself, just being able to face those things about yourself.  Then ask yourself what is it that really makes your heart sing.  I am sure it is not that new purse you just purchased.  Think about the last time you did something for another that gave you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.  Think about that time you weeded the garden and how the time flew by, and how relaxed and content you felt.  Think about that nasty task you had to accomplish at work, and how even though you hated having to do it, once you started in on it, and worked through it, remember the great feeling of accomplishment you felt afterwards?  Put these things on your list. 

List all the things which happen or which you MAKE happen, that gave you a big feeling of actual pleasure, self gratification, satisfaction, or a feeling of true contentment. I am not talking about the head rush you got when you found the perfect shoes for that new dress, or the new truck you finally talked yourself into buying.  These kinds of momentary pleasure will fade over time and the possession of the object will be eventually taken for granted.

This kind of introspection can help you determine what is your purpose.  Stop thinking of your purpose as being some kind of grand, sacrificial type of thing.  Your purpose is most likely so simple, so commonplace, that you overlook it usually.  It is the kind of thing that makes you the happiest of all things.

For some individuals, their purpose might be to move to the country, rid themselves of all the material possessions most of us take for granted, and to live away from the trappings of modern society, and make a life where they are more in touch with their inner being and communicate with nature, much like the American Indians used to do.  Learning how to be happy with very little, truly happy.

For others, it may be moving to the big city, and working for a volunteer organization and assisting others who are less fortunate.

For you, it could be to stop focusing on your own desires, and being a more loving and giving person to others.  Being the very best wife or mother you could possibly be.  One of the highest compliments that could be given to a woman is for a husband or child to say she was the best mother or most supportive and loving wife ever. 

And perhaps it is as simple as being the kind of person who daily works at brightening someone else's life with little random acts of kindness.  You have no idea how simply helping your neighbor carry groceries into the house can brighten their entire day.  Or complimenting that total stranger on their hairdo, beautiful complexion, pretty blouse, or that man who just opened the door for you.

How can these kinds of simple things possibly be my purpose you may ask.  I say, because just starting to recognize and work at performing these small acts, will open your consciousness to even greater acts, which will lead to you recognizing your purpose.  We do not all arrive in this life with a concrete knowing of what our purpose is, and most of us take a path to get there.  One thing leads to another.  All the people who have been recognized for accomplishing great things for mankind, did not just suddenly wake up one morning and say:  "I know my purpose."

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »
Endtimesgal, your post is truly food for thought. This is the sort of thing I have thought about on and off my whole life... I have found a lot of answers already. I also know that at times I can get off track. For some reason of circumstance, move, change or physical setback I can get off the purpose I had created previously... Yet it is still there.
I have been involved in a fair amount of volunteerism and I will find ways to do this again, that are not so arduous physically...
I can still help... We all can...
It is good to be reminded we all need to dig deeper, try harder...

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 09:03:00 AM »
Another way to help you recognize your purpose is to figure out what you are really drawn to in life.  What activities make you feel the happiest?  Do you feel personally gratified when you see the results of something you have done which positively affects another person?  Are you particularly good at a certain task or activity? For example, all my life I have loved to organize things.  In my personal life I have had many opportunities to help others, whether when they were moving, or just simply overwhelmed with the prospect of dealing with a lot of clutter.  And during my career, I became well known for being able to go into an office that had been terribly neglected in organization, incomplete files, etc, and turn the office around to become a well run business.  This has been very satisfying to me and it was always a pleasure, not a task to me.

What does this have to do with the Pole Shift you might ask.  Well, I believe that there will be a need for someone who is able to establish priorities, and assess situations, and set things in order, no matter how few things we may have.  Someone will need to help others who are overwhelmed and have no idea how to proceed to even begin to re-establish some kind of order to their life, to even try to survive.

Perhaps you are one of those crafty people, and you can look at an object and see it being re-used in a whole different way.  I have a daughter who can take something most of us would throw away, and she makes something awesome out of it.  This kind of thinking will be a valuable skill in the after time when we will no longer be able to run to a store and purchase new what we need.  A person who can think outside the box like this will be able to re-invent many items into something useful.

Think about it:  What are you really good at doing.  I would like to hear some of your thoughts.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 07:45:27 AM »
Since my last post I have been learning a lot.  I have done some more thinking about how we can recognize our true abilities.  Have you ever felt drawn to certain things, but then told yourself, "I could never do that"?  Maybe you have abilities you are not acknowledging.  Maybe you are meant to do much more than you are presently doing.

I know a woman who has completely changed her life, and so much for the better.  She is a person I became acquainted with while looking to meet new friends when I first moved to Oregon.  She was a married woman, in her late 40's, one child still at home, her husband was working in another country.  She was lonely and bored.  I taught her about Planet X and she immediately embraced it.  In the space of just a couple of years, after becoming divorced, and having to start over from scratch, she completely re-invented herself.  She relocated to a different city, and has become involved not only politically, but she volunteers at the animal shelter, the homeless shelter, and assists several agencies who are addressing various concerns of today.

She has made a ton of wonderful friends, she has a great time, and there are not enough hours in the day for her to accomplish all she feels led to do.  Her new friends joke about nominating her for sainthood.  Now this is a prime example of a person who did not just sit around on her thumbs wondering "What is my purpose, or what are my true abilities?"

She also has not said, "Oh, I am not smart enough, talented enough, too shy", yada, yada, yada.  She simply stepped up to the plate and one thing led to another and she has a wonderful fulfilling life.  Does she have tons of money?  No, she actually does housecleaning on the side to supplement her income.  Her needs are simple as she has not bought into the necessity of impressing others and wearing the latest fashions.  Her inner light is shining through.

Although the coming shift is always in her mind, and she is properly prepared for it, she is not simply sitting around waiting for it to happen as though it were the end of the world.  She has in may ways put me to shame.  She has become a wonderful role model for me and for others. 

So, stop sabotaging yourself, and start practicing and learning those things which you have always been drawn to but told yourself you were not smart enough or knowing enough.  Those are simply excuses.  Love yourself and realize you have many strengths and abilities, and simply start doing the things you feel drawn to or admire.  You can learn along the way and you will be amazed at what you will be able to accomplish.

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »
Excellent advice and words of wisdom for sure endtimesgal!
Thanks for sharing that with us.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 08:42:45 AM »
Sometimes we think of abilities as something Grand and Glorious.  Like being a concert pianist, or writing a best seller.  We are missing the whole point of what abilities are and why we either acquire them or already have them.

Life is a school house and we are here in this lifetime to grow and learn.  Not necessarily big things like those listed above, sometimes it it small things.  Small things which we do not even realize are important.  Here is an example, maybe a small insignificant one, but our abilities sometimes come from insignificant things.

Recently, I was visiting my daughter and son in law who live in another state.  I used to reside in this state prior to relocating back to the Pacific Northwest almost 5 years ago.  I thought I was settled in, it felt like home, my bug out location was two hours away, and several years had been invested in with planning and setting up our survival location.  A lot of money was spent by myself and other family members to set us up the best we could afford for the coming Pole Shift.

While visiting my daughter and son in law, they asked me to move back and offered to move me and pay the cost of doing so.  I suddenly, without any prior inclination found myself feeling an inner urging to uproot my entire life and do so.  I spent a couple of days looking at places to live, found something perfect for me, in the area I wanted to be in, and put a deposit on it and returned home.

After arriving back home, doubts set in.  "What was I thinking! How could I possibly make this change, so many reasons to not do this unimaginable thing!"  I had opposition from other family members, they all thought I was crazy to consider such a thing.  I packed.  I panicked and unpacked, and then repacked.  Finally I actually made the move.  I am here, it all went smoothly, easily, and here I am.

What does this have to do with "True Abilities" you may ask?  Well, that is a good question.  I am a senior woman.  I had a lovely home in the PNW, lots of family members close by, my survival spot all set up, my supplies all in place, everything planned out.  It is not easy to relocate under the best of circumstances from one state to another.  Let alone when one is facing a Pole Shift.  I was fearful, and even after much prayer and consideration, I still did not know what was moving me to make such a huge change.  I was plain scared.

But somehow, there was this inner urging to forge ahead and make the change.  And despite the family opposition, despite the numerous obstacles which had to be over come which I will not detail here, I made the change.  I am actually proud of myself, I found that I am braver than I thought I was, and I also feel I was doing something I was supposed to do.  For what reasons, I am not sure of.  Am I here because this daughter and son in law do not believe in a Pole Shift?  Am I here because Divine Consciousness thinks I will survive better here than in the PNW?  Who knows.  All I know is that I felt this strong urging to make the change, despite all the indications I was crazy to do so.  I found out I am stronger than I thought I was, and that I could be obedient to the call for change that I felt God was asking me to do.

So the moral of this story is to let you all know that abilities we may have are sometimes things we feel are insignificant, or unimportant.  Everyday things.  Maybe it is standing firm for what you believe is right, maybe it is for being a peacemaker in the family or your circle of friends.  Maybe it is for being a loving, giving person.  I think we all have a tendency to get so caught up in the daily grind of life, our habitual ways of going through our weekly schedules, we do not take the time to consider what each situation we encounter really means in the grand scheme of things.  Start examining your life on a daily basis.  At the end of the day make some quiet time and reflect on what happened that day.  What did you learn from what transpired that day?  What new ability did you learn you have that you did not realize you possessed before?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 10:05:40 AM »
Endtimesgal thanks for sharing your story. It's really inspirational!  :)
I am so happy for you that you made that move. I like what you have shared about abilities and life,
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 05:48:49 PM »
I think that when the shift comes, these ordinary. everyday abilities we have and aren't even aware of will stand us in good stead.  Being able to listen to your "instincts", "higher self or consciousness", our "guardian angel, or guide" and following our instinct for what to do, where to go, etc, could be the difference between life and death, not only for ourselves, but for others who will be looking to us for direction.   We are the ones who are informed, and know the process which is unfolding.  We can see the signs, know what to expect next, etc.  Many of our family members or neighbors, or friends, and even strangers who are led to us by design but unknown to them theirselves, will follow our lead because we will be the ones who are not as panicked, and who know what needs to be done.  Better start developing those abilities, (ie, instincts) now while there is still time.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »
So many completely life changing events have happened to me over the last six months.  For a while I didn't think or care too much about prepping, or my previous goals in life, etc.  It's only been in the last couple of months that I've started to feel that urge again to prep. 

I have thought a lot about my purpose in life, my talents and abilities.  I may not have it 100% recognized, but something I think has got to be in the top 3 abilities I have and what makes me happy would be gardening/farming.  I don't have a farm, but plan on getting a place with land in a couple years.  But, I'm always thinking about raising food and how much do I need for my family and to grow extra for us and others too.  I'm constantly thinking of gardening, planning gardens, what to plant and when, etc.  This may not be a fancy talent or ability, but it will certainly be useful.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 07:28:28 PM »
Steedy, thanks for the comment.  Gardening is great, and not all are motivated or want to do it.  I think you must have an inherent knowledge with this subject and it is going to be a great asset after the shift.  This past summer we had a community garden where I lived and it was so fun to work it and watch the produce grow.  I had not gardened for a very long time.  Some people could not grow anything if they tried, let alone have a strong desire to learn all they can on the subject and get their hands into the dirt.  There is something very satisfying about working the soil. It is so good that you are focusing on this now and I encourage you to learn all you can.  BTW, have you ever heard of Ruth Stout?  She is now passed, but she wrote many books on gardening, and she teaches a method where you will eventually not have to weed, or rototiller every year.  You can find her books on amazon, and also at the public library.  My mom used her methods for years, with great success.

Survival101

• Lloyd Perry & Company
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 05:52:54 AM »

Best part of all this so far, is that we have 'new' abilities coming to us. As you are seeing some of, I too, have 'noticed' [and, it's very important to start learning to 'notice' what you 'notice', doing so (Not just some Quantum Physics babble, either) you will 'notice' even more.] This is a new ability... Knowledge is King, knowledge can never be taken away from you, invest into it an it will return to you a hundred-fold. Learn about everything, you'd be surprised how many unassuming topics will and can related to each other. Learn anything and everything, not only will it better your life most quickly, you can barter your knowledge and abilities. The idea is to live and live well, don't just settle for mediocrity.

Ruth Sout had learned some amazing garden methods, worked amazingly well back then, also works today. Learn from her and others...Fukuoka, Bonfils, Holzer, Mollison, Lawton, etc., etc. Learn to work smart, not hard. Learn way 'outside the box' and make your actions double-duty. Think about now, but also 10 steps ahead and plan...don't fight nature, learn and model it's ways and become with it.

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 07:20:04 AM »

Best part of all this so far, is that we have 'new' abilities coming to us. As you are seeing some of, I too, have 'noticed' [and, it's very important to start learning to 'notice' what you 'notice', doing so (Not just some Quantum Physics babble, either) you will 'notice' even more.] This is a new ability... Knowledge is King, knowledge can never be taken away from you, invest into it an it will return to you a hundred-fold. Learn about everything, you'd be surprised how many unassuming topics will and can related to each other. Learn anything and everything, not only will it better your life most quickly, you can barter your knowledge and abilities. The idea is to live and live well, don't just settle for mediocrity.

Ruth Sout had learned some amazing garden methods, worked amazingly well back then, also works today. Learn from her and others...Fukuoka, Bonfils, Holzer, Mollison, Lawton, etc., etc. Learn to work smart, not hard. Learn way 'outside the box' and make your actions double-duty. Think about now, but also 10 steps ahead and plan...don't fight nature, learn and model it's ways and become with it.

So true Survival101!  Excellent advice for everyone!

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 08:58:15 AM »
Survival101:
 I agree with your comments.  I believe that synchronicity plays a big part in our lives.  As you stated, "you'd be surprised how many unassuming topics will and can related to each other."  I myself have been experiencing this lately.  I am beginning to understand that everything is connected, we just don't see it since we are so wrapped up in our daily existence we do not pay attention to these things.

This is sort of "off topic" here, but I watched a PBS show last night about the secret life of plants.  It showed studies that are being done which shows that plants actually "think", assist their young, and communicate with other plants.  It showed that plants actually broadcast distress and call for help or assistance and receive it from insects and possibly even other plants.

This indicates to me just how "asleep" we are, we don't even pay attention to what is going on right underneath our noses. Who really pays attention to what is happening in something as ordinary as a wild flower, or a fir tree?  We look at it, and maybe we appreciate the majesty on occasion, but most of the time we don't even really "see" them.

I believe it is because we are conditioned that the entire world revolves around us personally, and we cannot see the forest for the trees so to speak.  Everything we can learn, regardless of the subject matter, will not only increase our knowledge, but will assist us in our spiritual growth.

I find myself wanting, yearning, to become more aware, more alive, and to live a life that has real meaning and one in which I will find fulfillment and joy.  I think becoming more aware of how everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is connected and realizing how I am connected to it in the grand scheme of things is the start of awareness.  We are much more a part of it all than we can begin to realize.