Author Topic: Survivalist home medicines and natural home cures to help get rid of parasites  (Read 16746 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
YowBarb this is what I just ordered.

Perma-Guard pure food grade Diatomaceous Earth. This is a 4-Pak of the 1 gal.-2.5 pound plastic jugs packed into a box for shipping. Total Net Weight is 10 pounds. These jugs do not have the EPA label on them---they are just 100% food grade diatomaceous earth.

from  http://www.earthworkshealth.com/products.php

I will let let everyone know though it may take awhile before I post any results.

Oh! Thanks for the info.
Wishing you the best results with it.  :)
- Yowbarb

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Perma-Guard pure food grade Diatomaceous Earth. This is a 4-Pak of the 1 gal.-2.5 pound plastic jugs packed into a box for shipping. Total Net Weight is 10 pounds. These jugs do not have the EPA label on them---they are just 100% food grade diatomaceous earth.

Sounds good.  How much $$?

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
The shipping was almost as much as the product the total was $38.62 I think it was about $22-$23 for 10LBS

Endtimesgal_2012

I am loving all this information on DE, thanks to everyone who contributed.  I knew it was great stuff, but did not know all the uses listed.  Thanks loads!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
I am loving all this information on DE, thanks to everyone who contributed.  I knew it was great stuff, but did not know all the uses listed.  Thanks loads!

:)

Survival101

• Lloyd Perry & Company
The shipping was almost as much as the product the total was $38.62 I think it was about $22-$23 for 10LBS

I'm glad you chose Perma-Guard, I think, it's the better quality.

And, Yes, you folks can get DE from various sources online, but if you have to pay shipping, this is what you'll run into, not that much value to you, by my thinking... What I pay for DE, locally here in Houston is only $36. and that's for a 50# bag. If you don't have someone already carrying the Perma-Guard line, ask them if they would mind and that you know they will probably have to order a pallet (2000# minimum) as a risk, but that you know a lot of people that are interested and have been looking for a local source of quality DE. Then, so that you are not telling a lie, share all this good info we've discussed here with everyone you know and create that demand that you mentioned to rhe retailer. It works...!!! It's a 'win/win' for everyone.

50# may seem like a lot to you, that you'd never in a lifetime use that much, but what most people find is that as they become familiar with the product, they think of and find more and more uses and applications. It's money in the bank, as it doesn't spoil or go bad...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

DE comes as Food Grade and Pool Grade, you only want Food Grade for yourself, pets/animals and plants. I'd recommend, that you buy in bulk, locally from your feed/hardware or garden supply, I buy by the 50# bag. Don't get any with bentonite clay mixed in, just pure DE. Keep in a dry place, do not breathe in or get into your eyes when you work with it. It will keep forever, and you will need it for the future, if you or anyone else would like more info, just let me know...

OK, does it say "Human food Grade?" Is that how it is labeled for humans...still figuring it out I will order some soon...

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
It just says (food grade) for humans or animals I would assume.

Endtimesgal_2012

On another note, Borax is relatively inexpensive and can kill fleas in carpeting.  Just sprinkle on, brush into the pile with a broom, let set for a few hours or overnight, and then vacuum it up.  But be aware that cats and some dogs are super sensitive to the powder and could ingest it as it floats around while you are scattering it on the rug and sweeping it in.  It has not harmed my little poodle, but I read on the internet that it could be a problem for some animals.  Borax is actually a wonderful product and is useful for many things.  Research it on the web for more ideas.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
On another note, Borax is relatively inexpensive and can kill fleas in carpeting.  Just sprinkle on, brush into the pile with a broom, let set for a few hours or overnight, and then vacuum it up.  But be aware that cats and some dogs are super sensitive to the powder and could ingest it as it floats around while you are scattering it on the rug and sweeping it in.  It has not harmed my little poodle, but I read on the internet that it could be a problem for some animals.  Borax is actually a wonderful product and is useful for many things.  Research it on the web for more ideas.

Endtimesgal, thanks for that idea, I will check it out. I have used salt in the carpet to kill the egg stages of fleas... I first heard about this use of salt up in Washington state at a feed and supply store.
Well, as you probably already know, it's necessary to get rid of fleas because they can be a vector for, the cat and dog tapeworm.
One doc once "made light of" the possibility of us getting dog tapeworm. He told me people cannot get the tapes from fleas unless they are injested. Well if there are enough fleas jumping around, that is a possibilty; probably other ways they can be transmitted and once again a medical professional chose to ignore this aspect of staying healthy.  - Yowbarb

One reference on fleas and other critters as vectors for parasites. etc.:   

http://www.petsandparasites.org/resources/pets-parasites-and-people

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:57:32 AM by Yowbarb »

Survival101

• Lloyd Perry & Company

DE comes as Food Grade and Pool Grade, you only want Food Grade for yourself, pets/animals and plants. I'd recommend, that you buy in bulk, locally from your feed/hardware or garden supply, I buy by the 50# bag. Don't get any with bentonite clay mixed in, just pure DE. Keep in a dry place, do not breathe in or get into your eyes when you work with it. It will keep forever, and you will need it for the future, if you or anyone else would like more info, just let me know...

OK, does it say "Human food Grade?" Is that how it is labeled for humans...still figuring it out I will order some soon...

The packaging will just say, 'Diatomaceous Earth - Food Grade', find that and you can know and trust that it is safe to use...staying with the Perma-Guard or Soil Menders brands which will also insure you of the product quality that you are looking for.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Suevival101, thanks for the info!
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
This is just a little suggestion which came to mind.
Repeating here some of the substances...It occurred to me it would be a good idea for a survival group to really stock up on these things. They are cheap, should store well, make the food taste better and not only that these are known to really kill off/discourage parasites. This list of stuff will probably not get rid of the worst parasites such as the tapeworm etc. but at the end of the list -cinnamon -that discourages/kills off the egg stages of all known parasites, according to Hulda Clark, RN PHd.

My short list of stuff to stock up on:

Louisiana hot sauce (cayenne pepper)
Cayenne powder, bulk.
Mustard, regular
mustard hot
Wasabe (powdered)
garlic powder
vegetarian capsules you can open up and fill
whole cloves, bulk
cinnamon bark, bulk

The bulk items need to be stored well, of course.
It would be a good idea to have regular jars of cinnamon, cloves etc. in case the bulk stuff doesn't keep for some reason...
Next post a link to an article which lists more items...
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:46:56 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
I should probably start a master list of substances to stock up on...to help rid the group of parasites...
Here is an article I just found. The link:
http://wellnessmama.com/1969/are-there-bugs-in-your-belly/

For now, just going to post some excerpts,
Yowbarb
:

Vitamin C- Besides being an excellent antioxidant and immune support, Vitamin C is helpful in yeast/parasite removal. If you have symptoms of yeast and parasites, take 5,000 mg (5 grams) per day spread out in 2-3 doses. Do not take vitamin C at the same time as calcium/magnesium as they will neutralize each other. High consumption of Vitamin C may cause loose bowel movements, especially when yeast and parasites are being removed. This is not necessarily worrisome, but if it bothers you, adjust the dose down until symptoms go away.

Apple Cider Vinegar- Another easy and effective remedy for Candida and parasites. Apple Cider Vinegar is high in B-vitamins and very nourishing to the body. It help the body’s pH neutralize and improves digestion. It is well known for killing yeast and improving skin condition. Some people are leery of vinegar, as a fermented product, when they have a yeast infection. While some fermented products like beer and wine can feed yeast, Apple Cider Vinegar undergoes a much different fermentation process and produces a completely different reaction in the body. It tastes awful, but after taking it for a while, you will become more tolerant of the taste, and your body will start to crave it. Start with 1 tsp up to 3 times a day about 30 minutes before each meal (some people can’t handle it before breakfast!). If you handle this well, this dosage can be increased to a tablespoon.

Garlic- To help remove yeast and parasites, finely mince 1-2 cloves and drink in a cup of water before meals.

Olive Oil- Also an antifungal that supports removal of parasite and yeast waste. Add 1-2 TBSP or more to salads or veggies, or take supplementally.

Other Herbs known to help with yeast and parasites: Oregano Oil, Thyme, Peppermint, Rosemary, Olive Leaf Extract and Grapefruit Seed Extract.  If you have a severe case of yeast or parasites, consider using on of these potent herbs, but do your research first!

Herxheimer’s Reaction
I mentioned above that removal of yeast and parasites can be uncomfortable at times. This reaction, named after the German dermatologist who discovered it, is basically the discomfort caused by the die off of yeast and parasites and the body’s attempt to remove them. The faster you attempt to treat symptoms and the more potent remedies you take, the higher your chance of experiencing this reaction.

It is best to be on an anti yeast/parasite diet for several weeks before starting supplements to help minimize this reaction.  Starting with small doses of Apple Cider Vinegar and Diatomaceous Earth and then working up will also help keep die off symptoms at bay.

You may even find that you “catch a cold” a week or so after starting to treat your yeast and parasite symptoms. This is actually a mild Herxheimer reaction, and backing down supplements and drinking more water should help it pass quickly.

[ Yowbarb Note: There's a lot more useful info out there. We need to put up a general list so people can start stocking these things.. ]

Endtimesgal_2012

Thanks yowbarb, this is very good information to have on hand.  I do think it will be an issue if we are trying to survive without power and the ability to just go to the doctor or pharmacy.  It would probably be wise to invest in a book which details natural cures.  Or one on herbal remedies.