Author Topic: Safety and security - some miscellaneous tips  (Read 12494 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Safety and security - some miscellaneous tips
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2016, 12:30:16 AM »
DIY Perimeter Trip Wire Alarm

Published on May 11, 2015  7:00    157,633 views

Sensible Prepper Presents: DIY Perimeter Trip Wire Alarm. Taking a surplus Smoke Grenade top and making a simple Perimeter alarm is simple and effective.

Thanks For Watching~ Sootch00

Music is from Jingle Punks Royalty Free Music through the Fullscreen Network. Used with permission.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2016, 08:39:32 AM »
With my up-coming move, I've been packing.  While doing this, I've become very aware of just how much stuff I have.  And with friends helping with the move, that information will get out.  My friends know I like to can, but I'm getting very uncomfortable with the idea that they are going to know exactly how much stuff I have stockpiled away.  I know having at least 10 medium sized boxes of mason jars isn't the norm for a casual canner.  I know all the boxes of food I've packed is well beyond what the average person has.  My gardening supplies are also something that could be a red flag for someone.

I have been prepping and preparing secretly for years now.  But this move is going to expose me.  So far, the only thing I can figure what to do is to move most of my preps myself.  I just hope that in the chaos of the moving day, nobody will pay that much attention to all my stuff.  I don't want it to become common knowledge about what I have.

If anyone has any other ideas how I can move while hiding my preps from view, let me know.  Thanks.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2016, 06:45:30 AM »
With my up-coming move, I've been packing.  While doing this, I've become very aware of just how much stuff I have.  And with friends helping with the move, that information will get out.  My friends know I like to can, but I'm getting very uncomfortable with the idea that they are going to know exactly how much stuff I have stockpiled away.  I know having at least 10 medium sized boxes of mason jars isn't the norm for a casual canner.  I know all the boxes of food I've packed is well beyond what the average person has.  My gardening supplies are also something that could be a red flag for someone.

I have been prepping and preparing secretly for years now.  But this move is going to expose me.  So far, the only thing I can figure what to do is to move most of my preps myself.  I just hope that in the chaos of the moving day, nobody will pay that much attention to all my stuff.  I don't want it to become common knowledge about what I have.

If anyone has any other ideas how I can move while hiding my preps from view, let me know.  Thanks.
Since you asked, I would definitely move your preps separately.  Or if the canning jars are not new, and aren't in their original boxes, they could be taped tightly and labeled, "summer shirts", etc., or if they rattle, they'd have to be labeled in some other way.  Still,  it's probably best to move preps totally alone.

The gardening supplies could mean you've finally got more room for gardening, but you're a better judge of what will pass the "curiosity test" of your friends.  Good luck!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2016, 02:58:12 PM »
Re where to put supplies and keep things confidential:
Here's a Topic which can coexist with this one... A person might get a few ideas there and add to it, too. :)
- Yowbarb

Board: Surviving in Place Topic: Hiding your supplies in plain sight 
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=5997.0

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2017, 01:25:54 AM »
Yowbarb Note: Above-ground, bulletproof safe room from Risings Company, Dallas.
Also Mobile Observation towers

http://www.risingsbunkers.com/layouts-pricing-bunkers/photo-gallery/ 

MOBILE OBSERVATION TOWERS
Another addition to our military series is the mobile observation tower.   The mobile tower design brings much needed flexibility to the ever changing military strategy.  These mobile towers are built from steel and insulated with kevlar for ultimate protection.  When extended; the tower has a 32′ platform height.  The tower is upgraded with all terrain tires making it ready for any environment.  Motors are available in electric or diesel and speeds will vary depending on upgrades and the contract specifications.  When its time to move long distances, the tower lowers quickly, lights detach and can be locked beneath the retractable canopy. The mobile tower can be easily loaded on a trailer and relocated to the next location.