Author Topic: Terrorism Reports  (Read 8695 times)

jrobert69

• Prolific Member
Re: Terrorism Reports
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »
One persons terrorist is another persons liberator.

Im sure the british would have defined the american colonists as terrorists.

This is a  horrible and tragic event. Very sad for all the victims involved. As far as the political and underlying reasons for this happening, they certainly have a stink to them.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »

This is a  horrible and tragic event. Very sad for all the victims involved. As far as the political and underlying reasons for this happening, they certainly have a stink to them.

jrobert69 I get what you are saying but, I don't think we can compare our American Revolutionaries to someone who would blow up women and children at an event like that...This is evil, dark stuff.
Stink? Yes definitely! Exactly what happened and why not going to speculate on much...Insane acts rarely do make sense. It does not appear the fact they are of Chechnyan descent would bring them to do this. President of Chechnya has issued a statement...that the two brothers left that homeland a dozen years ago...
All that said, I was over in the UK when the horrible school terrorism event took place in Russia. Was hearing it on the radio, so we I know Chechnyan terrorists are capable of violence.
I am going to try and refrain from editorializing further. Was just saying the family and associates of the suspect were surprised. However: There is plenty of video footage which does prove he was there with a certain big heavy backpack. I saw the footage of the backpack sitting untended right on the side of the runners path near some people. This was shortly before the bomb went off. FBI determined that was the bomb in THAT backpack. CCT and video footage shows young suspect carrying that backpack. Surely looks like he did it. The faces, body language and demeanor of the two is certainly like THEY are about to do something major.
All I can say is it surely looks like those two did the bombing.
Let's hope Mankind can get to a point where this sort of thing no longer happens.
Blessings All,
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:39:32 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »
Yowbarb Note:
One police officer of MIT was killed by the fleeing brothers last night. Another is in seriously wounded. Boston is locked down.
To relatives and associates of the fleeing suspect Dzhokar Tsarnaev, none of it makes sense...
His father in Russia describes his 19 year old son as [an angel, who was in med school, and for
whom he had such high hopes.]
His uncle said he brought shame upon the Chechnan community in the US and he should turn himself in. Associates said nothing in his behavior gave a hint of such malicious intent.
- Yowbarb   Just one portion of the report is below... see full story on page

Bombing manhunt locks down Boston

By Michael Pearson and Ben Brumfield, CNN
updated 2:16 PM EDT, Fri April 19, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-violence/index.html    Video on page

Details about the suspects

Police believe the brothers are the same men pictured in images released Thursday by the FBI as suspects in the marathon bombing that killed three people Monday.

The men are shown in the images walking together near the marathon finish line.

The first suspect -- apparently Tamerlan Tsarnaev, according to authorities -- appears in the images wearing a dark hat, sunglasses and a backpack. The second suspect, wearing a white cap, is the one who remains at large, police said.

According to a source briefed on the investigation, the brothers came from the Russian Caucasus and had moved to Kazakhstan at a young age before coming to the United States several years ago.

A statement from the office of Chechnya's president echoed that: "According to preliminary information, coming from the relevant agencies, the Tsarnaev family moved many years ago out of Chechnya to another Russian region," press secretary Alvi Kamirov told Russia's semi-official Interfax news agency. "After that they lived for some time in Kazakhstan, and from there went to the U.S. where the family members received a residence permit. Therefore the individuals concerned did not live as adults in Chechnya."

Two sources told CNN Dzhokar Tsarnaev came to the U.S. as a tourist with his family in the early 2000s and later asked for asylum. He became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2012. Tamerlan Tsarnaev was not a naturalized citizen, a source said. He came "a few years later" and was lawfully in the United States as a green-card holder.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev had studied at Bunker Hill Community College and wanted to become an engineer, the source said. He then took a year off to train as a boxer.

The source said that a posting on a social media site in the elder brother's name included the comments: "I don't have a single American friend. I don't understand them."

Dzhokar Tsarnaev attended Cambridge Rindge & Latin, a public high school, said Eric Mercado, who graduated a year behind the suspect. Mercado said Tsarnaev had worked at Harvard University as a lifeguard.

"We hung out; we partied; we were good high school friends," Mercado told CNN.

"We're all, like, in shock. We don't really understand. There were no telltale signs of any kind of malicious behavior from Dzhokar. It's all coming as a shock, really."

Mercado said he lived a block away from the suspect and did not know his older brother.

Dzhokar Tsarnaev is currently registered as a student at University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, which ordered its campus evacuated on Friday. The school is located 65 miles south of Cambridge, just west of New Bedford.

Larry Aaronson, Dzhokar Tsarnaev's neighbor and a former teacher at the high school Tsarnaev attended, called him a "wonderful kid."

"He was so grateful to be here, he was compassionate, he was caring, he was jovial," Aaronson told CNN.

CNN's Terence Burke, Dave Alsup, Carma Hassan, Jake Tapper, Drew Griffin, Steve Almasy and Chandler Friedman contributed to this report.

jrobert69

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »

jrobert69 I get what you are saying but, I don't think we can compare our American Revolutionaries to someone who would blow up women and children at an event like that...This is evil, dark stuff.
Stink? Yes definitely! Exactly what happened and why not going to speculate on much...Insane acts rarely do make sense. It does not appear the fact they are of Chechnyan descent would bring them to do this. President of Chechnya has issued a statement...that the two brothers left that homeland a dozen years ago...
All that said, I was over in the UK when the horrible school terrorism event took place in Russia. Was hearing it on the radio, so we I know Chechnyan terrorists are capable of violence.
I am going to try and refrain from editorializing further. Was just saying the family and associates of the suspect were surprised. However: There is plenty of video footage which does prove he was there with a certain big heavy backpack. I saw the footage of the backpack sitting untended right on the side of the runners path near some people. This was shortly before the bomb went off. FBI determined that was the bomb in THAT backpack. CCT and video footage shows young suspect carrying that backpack. Surely looks like he did it. The faces, body language and demeanor of the two is certainly like THEY are about to do something major.
All I can say is it surely looks like those two did the bombing.
Let's hope Mankind can get to a point where this sort of thing no longer happens.
Blessings All,
Yowbarb

I hear ya. Its a sad world and its here in our neighborhoods now. These events happen everyday all over the world, for religion, political and of course money. It looks like these two did it for a demented ideology. They saw the sickness and became part of it rather than rising above it. I certainly dont defend it , it sickens me to my stomach. Its an evil sick place we live in there is no escaping it. You can only limit how much you need to be a part of it. Their country is a war torn country, they are a product of that. Now we suffer because of it.

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »
the manhunt for the 'perps' is now focused on a neighborhood of boston.
i am listening to live tv reports now from a boston news center.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 08:59:28 PM »
Younger brother suspect now in custody.

Suspected perpetrators Tamerlan Tsarnaev (deceased)
                                   Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (in custody)

- Yowbarb
..................................................................................................
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Boston_Marathon_bombings

Deaths

Three spectators were killed in the bombings: Krystle Campbell, 29, a female restaurant manager from Medford, Massachusetts;[21] Lü Lingzi (simplified Chinese: 吕令子; traditional Chinese: 呂令子; pinyin: Lǚ Lìngzǐ[22][23]), 23, a female Chinese national and Boston University graduate student from Shenyang, Liaoning;[24][25] and Martin Richard, an eight-year-old boy from the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston, who was reportedly killed by the second bomb.[26][27][28]

An MIT police officer, Sean Collier, 26, was killed three days later when he was ambushed by the suspects.[29

Boston Marathon bombings
Bombing: Boylston Street, west of Copley Square, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
Shooting: MIT Campus, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
Manhunt: Watertown, Massachusetts, U.S.

Date
Bombing: April 15, 2013, 2:49 p.m. (EDT)
Shooting and manhunt: April 18–19, 2013, 10:48 p.m. – 8:42 p.m. (EDT)

Attack type

Bombing, terrorism[1]
shootings

Weapon(s)

Pressure cooker bombs
Other improvised explosive device
Guns

Deaths

5 total
3 civilians from bombing on April 15
1 police officer from shooting on April 18
1 suspect from firefight on April 19

Injured (non-fatal)

185 total
183 civilians from bombing on April 15
1 police officer from firefight on April 18
1 suspect from firefight on April 18

Suspected perpetrators

Tamerlan Tsarnaev (deceased)
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (in custody)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Boston_Marathon_bombings#Deaths

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 09:06:21 PM »
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/sean-collier-mit-cop-boston-bombing/64387/

Sean Collier, an MIT Cop with a Calling, Was Shooting Victim in Bombers' Path

Esther Zuckerman  10:41 AM ET

Sean Collier, 26, an MIT police officer, became another victim of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects in the overnight mayhem in Cambridge before it turned to Watertown — he was shot in this cruiser. Collier, according to the MIT News, was described by the MIT police chief as someone who looked at police work as a "calling" and was "engaged" with students.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »
the manhunt for the 'perps' is now focused on a neighborhood of boston.
i am listening to live tv reports now from a boston news center.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

Maybe you heard it when he was apprehended...
I missed it had to leave for awhile...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 08:42:27 AM »
As most of you already know, the younger brother suspect was apprehended on a boat seriously wounded. He was in surgery last night, I think...
In the photo he is receiving initial medical treatment from EMTs near the boat he had been hiding out in...
Video on page,
Yowbarb
..................................................................................

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t1#/video/us/2013/04/20/pkg-todd-standoff-final-moments.cnn

Final moments of standoff, aftermath
CNN| Added on April 20, 2013

CNN's Brian Todd takes a look at the final moments of the standoff in search for the second Boston bombing suspect.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 03:32:58 PM by Yowbarb »

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 09:21:10 AM »
It would be a good thing if everyone that views this youtube video put it on their Facebook page or any other
social website. This is the way the 2013 Boston Marathon should have ended. The woman that made this video is
so sweet and happy and she managed to bring that happiness to others. Smiling faces and good-natured conversation
is what the real America is supposed to be all about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yJvqnpQIvc

Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 08:40:24 PM »
It would be a good thing if everyone that views this youtube video put it on their Facebook page or any other
social website. This is the way the 2013 Boston Marathon should have ended. The woman that made this video is
so sweet and happy and she managed to bring that happiness to others. Smiling faces and good-natured conversation
is what the real America is supposed to be all about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yJvqnpQIvc

ASEEKERTOO thanks very much for this positive, uplifting post and the thoughts you shared.
There has been so much suffering connected with this event...and understandably conjecture and theories... Maybe it's time to put this topic behind us anyway...
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 10:52:37 AM »
Something went on in Canada today... another country too...will look it up. - Yowbarb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22258191

23 April 2013 Last updated at 04:24 ET

Canada foils 'al-Qaeda linked' terror attack on train
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:34:24 AM by Yowbarb »

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 01:00:05 PM »
Something went on in Canada today... another country too...will look it up. - Yowbarb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22258191

23 April 2013 Last updated at 04:24 ET

Canada foils 'al-Qaeda linked' terror attack on train

Was this the other report you were referring to?

Car bomb explodes outside French embassy in Tripoli; 2 guards, girl injured

From Jomana Karadsheh, CNN

updated 7:33 AM EDT, Tue April 23, 2013

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- A car bomb exploded just outside the French embassy in Tripoli early Tuesday morning, injuring two French security guards and a local girl, officials said.

The blast was so powerful it blew the front wall off the embassy. Windows of nearby buildings in this upscale, largely residential neighborhood were also blown out.

Deputy Prime Minister Awad Barasi said a 13-year-old girl in a nearby house was injured in the attack and will be taken to Tunisia for treatment.

Barasi said he spoke with the French ambassador to Libya, who assured him he will not leave Tripoli.

A criminal investigation is under way to try to determine who was behind the attack, and why.

The French Foreign Ministry issued a statement condemning the attack.

"In conjunction with the Libyan authorities, our government departments will make every effort to ensure that all light be shed on the circumstances of this heinous act and its perpetrators quickly identified," the foreign ministry said.

The bombing stirred memories of another attack on a foreign office in Libya.

Last September, U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 01:03:56 PM »
And this related article was also in the news today. (from CNN)

Spain arrests 2 men suspected of al Qaeda group links
By Al Goodman, CNN

updated 10:21 AM EDT, Tue April 23, 2013

Madrid (CNN) -- Spanish police arrested two suspected terrorists with apparent links to an al Qaeda-affiliated group Tuesday but said they had no indication of an imminent attack.

The Interior Ministry identified the suspects as Nou Mediouni, 23, from Algeria, who was arrested in the north-central city of Zaragoza, and Hassan El Jaaouani, 52, from Morocco, who was detained in the southeastern city of Murcia.

Spanish police worked with their counterparts in France and Morocco to carry out the latest arrests, an Interior Ministry statement said.

The two suspects have a "profile" that is similar to the two suspects in the Boston Marathon attacks, the statement said. Interior Minister Jorge Fernandez Diaz told reporters that police consider them "lone wolves," like the Boston suspects.

Al Qaeda in Mali behind Algeria attack  (See these three videos and photos at link below)

Al Qaeda threatens more attacks

Why Mali matters: al Qaeda on the rise
However, the similarity is based only on how the two suspects in Spain were "radicalized," by going to online forums and chat rooms, and also in the suspects' alleged interest in pulling from the Internet information on bomb-making, said an Interior Ministry spokesman, who by custom is not identified.

The pair, who are from different countries, are not brothers and, unlike the two suspects in the Boston Marathon attacks, have no roots in the Caucasus region, he said.

But Fernandez said one of the suspects recently praised the Boston attacks. A second Interior Ministry spokesman said that was the younger suspect, Mediouni.

Both of the suspects in Spain are unemployed, the second Interior Ministry spokesman said. Mediouni, arrested in Zaragoza, studied computer sciences but had not worked professionally in that field, the ministry statement said.

The two are suspected members of a radical cell close to the terrorist organization al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, the Interior Ministry said.

The two men have been under surveillance as part of an operation lasting more than a year run in cooperation with France and Morocco, the Spanish Interior Ministry said.

The Madrid train bombings in March 2004, which killed 191 people and wounded more than 1,800, led to a sharp increase in Spain's fight against Islamic terrorism. The courts convicted 14 Islamic militants for their role in the bombings, along with four Spaniards convicted for trafficking in explosives used in the attacks.

Since then, authorities have told CNN that Spain has assigned hundreds of additional police officers to investigate Islamic terrorism and added dozens of Arabic translators, so authorities will be able to understand communications and threats. Around 400 suspected Islamic militants have been arrested in Spain since March 2004, although many have been released by judges for lack of evidence.

Mali extremist contacts alleged

Mediouni was identified and recruited by Mali-based members of al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb through his interest in radical Islamist Internet sites, the Interior Ministry statement alleges.

He was given specific instructions for a trip to a jihadist camp in northern Mali led by the group, the Interior Ministry claims, but was unable to meet with AQIM leaders because of the heightened security presence in the area.

Since January, France and nearby African nations have been supporting Malian forces in their efforts to push back Islamist extremists who carved out a large haven in northern Mali last year.

El Jaaouani is also alleged to have established contact with AQIM leaders in Mali and to be responsible for recruiting radicals in Spain. One of the people he contacted was directly involved with the kidnapping and murder of two French citizens in Niger in January 2011, the Spanish Interior Ministry said.

The two suspects' homes were being searched by police, the statement added. They are due to be arraigned Thursday at the National Court in Madrid, which handles terrorism cases, a court spokeswoman said.

The arrests in Spain come days before the Madrid Marathon on Sunday.

About 26,000 runners are expected to take part in a marathon, half-marathon and 10-kilometer race, to be run at the same time. Security has been increased in light of the attacks in Boston, authorities said.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/23/world/europe/spain-terror-arrests/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
Enlightenme, thanks for posting these latest incidents. I have had such a slowdown and being booted off the net so much lately couldn't finish what I was trying to do...

Source: CNN

Yowbarb Note: Well did U all hear about the fake tweet hack which is being attributed to pro Assad forces? A tech expert at Twitter (correction: Wired.com) says yes he believes that is definitely possible. I watched his interview carefully.
I believe that is who was behind it. They have done stuff before and hacked into twitter.
Weird world we are living in. It crashed the stock market claiming President Obama was hurt in bomb explosion...(Two bombs in the White House.) A lot of people got that tweet and market totally crashed in a few seconds... Immediately exposed as a fake but some damage was done...  Creeps me out too...
I would post a reference but need to post it keep losing my net.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:24:32 AM by Yowbarb »