Author Topic: The Attitude of Survival  (Read 5374 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: The Attitude of Survival
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 12:01:42 AM »
This is just a simple concept but one I would like to share. Do you feel "lucky?" Feeling like you have a good shot at surviving is a big part of it.
The previous posts about food and where people were in their preps were part of it too...
Just making a mental calculation, a comparison, sharing it with others here...This communication is indeed a part of the provess of surviving...
Not sure if it's "lucky" I feel.  It's more like what Pasteur said, "Chance favors the prepared mind.", which IIRC reading, that that was his response to someone who claimed he was "just lucky" for having made his discovery/ies.

So, it's not luck, but more like a feeling I have a better chance than I would have, had I ignored all the warnings in dreams, visions, of my own, plus that of others.

Do you feel lucky?
ilinda I would never presume to tell anyone who had made a discovery that he was just lucky! That would be absurd.  ;)  ;D
I am totally tracking with what you are saying chance favors the prepared mind.
All that said, yes I do feel lucky...
Just a subjective feeling like if someone was going to drive by a laundramat and put a bullet through the window I would get a "feeling it was time to go" and I would be gone with my two kiddos and my laundry (before it happened.) Actual experience.
It's not smug. It doesn't mean I don't have to prepare. I just feel I will dodge that bullet and many others connected with me will, too.
It's a subjective feeling, is all.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »
This is just a simple concept but one I would like to share. Do you feel "lucky?" Feeling like you have a good shot at surviving is a big part of it.
The previous posts about food and where people were in their preps were part of it too...
Just making a mental calculation, a comparison, sharing it with others here...This communication is indeed a part of the provess of surviving...
Not sure if it's "lucky" I feel.  It's more like what Pasteur said, "Chance favors the prepared mind.", which IIRC reading, that that was his response to someone who claimed he was "just lucky" for having made his discovery/ies.

So, it's not luck, but more like a feeling I have a better chance than I would have, had I ignored all the warnings in dreams, visions, of my own, plus that of others.

Do you feel lucky?
ilinda I would never presume to tell anyone who had made a discovery that he was just lucky! That would be absurd.  ;)  ;D
Just a subjective feeling like if someone was going to drive by a laundramat and put a bullet through the window I would get a "feeling it was time to go" and I would be gone with my two kiddos and my laundry (before it happened.) Actual experience.
It's not smug. It doesn't mean I don't have to prepare. I just feel I will dodge that bullet and many others connected with me will, too.

I DO know what  you mean though by "feeling lucky".   It sounds like you were doing laundry one time and did get a "feeling" you'd better get out of there and then you found out later than someone did shoot into the place after you left?  Wow!  THAT was a "feeling"!

There is something else equally important and that is gratitude.  I feel SO incredibly grateful for my dreams, visions, and for--I know this will sound crazy, but--for the internet which allows like minds to hook up and share information.  I am grateful that none of us have to drive hours to find information in libraries that is now online.  Grateful that we don't have to spend hours on the phone, tracking down things we need, but can find it/them online somewhere.  And grateful for all the people who set up websites, such as this one of Marshall's, that allow us to network with each other. 

Maybe I could elaborate on the dreams, in particular.  I began keeping a dream log in March, 1981 and since that time have tried to write down all of the important ones, actually most dreams I can remember, and one thing that really stands out in my mind is this:  the more attention I give to dreams, in trying to interpret them carefully and accurately, the more information I seem to continue to get.  It is as if there is some small person "inside me somewhere" presenting these dreams, and once she found out I pay attention to them and see how they relate in my own life, she gives me even more dreams, as well as dreams of greater importance. 

That "little person inside me somewhere" is what I/we would call the Subconscious of course. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 12:59:02 PM »

Do you feel lucky?

I DO know what  you mean though by "feeling lucky".   It sounds like you were doing laundry one time and did get a "feeling" you'd better get out of there and then you found out later than someone did shoot into the place after you left?  Wow!  THAT was a "feeling"!

There is something else equally important and that is gratitude.  I feel SO incredibly grateful for my dreams, visions, and for--I know this will sound crazy, but--for the internet which allows like minds to hook up and share information.  I am grateful that none of us have to drive hours to find information in libraries that is now online.  Grateful that we don't have to spend hours on the phone, tracking down things we need, but can find it/them online somewhere.  And grateful for all the people who set up websites, such as this one of Marshall's, that allow us to network with each other. 

Maybe I could elaborate on the dreams, in particular.  I began keeping a dream log in March, 1981 and since that time have tried to write down all of the important ones, actually most dreams I can remember, and one thing that really stands out in my mind is this:  the more attention I give to dreams, in trying to interpret them carefully and accurately, the more information I seem to continue to get.  It is as if there is some small person "inside me somewhere" presenting these dreams, and once she found out I pay attention to them and see how they relate in my own life, she gives me even more dreams, as well as dreams of greater importance. 

That "little person inside me somewhere" is what I/we would call the Subconscious of course.

ilinda thanks for your reply and I relate to so much of what you have shared.
I would really appreciate seeing more of the dreams. You have shared some which really got me thinking especially the red clay one and the dangers of objects coming down and of earth movement etc.
Just a word on the "laundramat incident." Briefly, I used to live in a fairly good neighborhood.  I say "fairly," it was sort of a mixed bag near Lake Merrit in Oakland, CA. My kids and I never came to any harm there... 1972 I was on my own with a three year old and a baby. At the time I had no home phone and used a phone on the wall at the local laundramat. (Wow you don't see those anymore.) Anyway I had my two little ones and the clean laundry neatly tucked in to an old fashioned buggy. It was 10:15 PM-ish. About to leave but wanted to call parents. I was leaning toward the wall phone with a wad of coins getting ready to phone my parents in So CA. Just to check in. At that time they stayed up late and appreciated a call. As I was about to put those coins in the slot a voice went through my head (from outside) "NO, it's time to get the heck out of here." So I sort of said "OK" to the thin air, and scrammed out of there. Pretty much ran home and safely into the apartment building. Since I did not call the previous night I bundled up the girls and buggied them down to the laundramat again. There was a bullet hole in the big glass window, to the right of the wall phone. I spoke up to (strangers there) and said wow what happened. One lady said, "Last night about 10:30 someone drove by and shot the window!" I  (always) trust those voices I am convinced they have kept me out of serious trouble for many years now. Had I ignored that I would have been standing there and perhaps hit.
A person could interpret that many ways. I consider that partly my own awareness (we know more than our conscious mind knows) and/or outside spiritual help. I certainly do not take it for granted and I do say a simple prayer to be worthy of special help. I feel it is important for people to recognize their own perceptions and their own abilities to help keep them safe. That doesn't mean we don't prepare or try to learn as much as we can...
Well I didn't mean for this to be so long...
To better acknowledge your post...I also feel an attitude of gratitude to be very, very important .
I like all you have said about this and I agree. I feel the internet is actually a blessing. Like anything else it can be used for good or ill but it has given many people at least a fighting chance to survive. I am also grateful, like you, for Marshall's work and for everyone who contributes to this forum.
Please continue to come here and share your health info, dreams and your spiritual insights...
I feel it is important for people to feel big not small and to believe in their own perceptions.
Not all "spiritual guidance" is true, of course we must strive to be aware, clean our minds out and be on the light side...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 08:39:19 AM »

Do you feel lucky?

ilinda thanks for your reply and I relate to so much of what you have shared.
I would really appreciate seeing more of the dreams. You have shared some which really got me thinking especially the red clay one and the dangers of objects coming down and of earth movement etc.
Just a word on the "laundramat incident." Briefly, I used to live in a fairly good neighborhood.  I say "fairly," it was sort of a mixed bag near Lake Merrit in Oakland, CA. My kids and I never came to any harm there... 1972 I was on my own with a three year old and a baby. At the time I had no home phone and used a phone on the wall at the local laundramat. (Wow you don't see those anymore.) Anyway I had my two little ones and the clean laundry neatly tucked in to an old fashioned buggy. It was 10:15 PM-ish. About to leave but wanted to call parents. I was leaning toward the wall phone with a wad of coins getting ready to phone my parents in So CA. Just to check in. At that time they stayed up late and appreciated a call. As I was about to put those coins in the slot a voice went through my head (from outside) "NO, it's time to get the heck out of here." So I sort of said "OK" to the thin air, and scrammed out of there. Pretty much ran home and safely into the apartment building. Since I did not call the previous night I bundled up the girls and buggied them down to the laundramat again. There was a bullet hole in the big glass window, to the right of the wall phone. I spoke up to (strangers there) and said wow what happened. One lady said, "Last night about 10:30 someone drove by and shot the window!" I  (always) trust those voices I am convinced they have kept me out of serious trouble for many years now. Had I ignored that I would have been standing there and perhaps hit.
A person could interpret that many ways. I consider that partly my own awareness (we know more than our conscious mind knows) and/or outside spiritual help. I certainly do not take it for granted and I do say a simple prayer to be worthy of special help. I feel it is important for people to recognize their own perceptions and their own abilities to help keep them safe. That doesn't mean we don't prepare or try to learn as much as we can...
Well I didn't mean for this to be so long...
To better acknowledge your post...I also feel an attitude of gratitude to be very, very important .
I like all you have said about this and I agree. I feel the internet is actually a blessing. Like anything else it can be used for good or ill but it has given many people at least a fighting chance to survive. I am also grateful, like you, for Marshall's work and for everyone who contributes to this forum.
Please continue to come here and share your health info, dreams and your spiritual insights...
I feel it is important for people to feel big not small and to believe in their own perceptions.
Not all "spiritual guidance" is true, of course we must strive to be aware, clean our minds out and be on the light side...
Extremely interesting about the laundromat experience, and like you, I feel our conscious minds are so busy with fluff, and busy with balancing the checkbook, and mundane, or not-so-mundane things, that it doesn't pay attention to "other" spheres of information.  Maybe it cannot.  I suspect the conscious mind is not on the same vibrational level as the subconscious or superconscious mind and therefore cannot acknowledge those channels of information flowing inward constantly, but the subconscious takes it ALL in!    Anyway, good thing you paid heed to your "higher self" or that little voice that you heard.

Thanks for the invite to continue here(!), as I plan to do so, and feel like this is a good place to share, and also to read what others are sharing. 

Once I finish the goat paddock (goat shed is finished now--yippeee!!!) and paddock fencing, then I can hopefully begin to post a few more dreams and visions (I have notebooks full) that seem relevant to this website.  Incidentally I had one this morning a few hours before awakening that was like my "snippet" dreams.  I was driving my car and I turned left to go onto a highway overpass, and immediately when I turned onto the overpass, my car was on slick ice and I spun totally around once, and began the second turn before gaining a bit of control, and the rear of the car started to go up on top of a snow bank perilously close to the overpass edge, but by then it was slowing down and I did not go over but awoke (after I stopped I think).  The dream (I think) is telling me I got turned around, and basically had spun out of control for a short while, due to all the snow and ice.  See, every waking moment of most days I focus on finishing the goat quarters so I can move them out of harm's way.  It seems like nothing must come in its way, as a lot of other things hinge on getting this project done.  And now with snow after snow, plus ice pellets several times, we have snow and ice covering everything and I cannot work on "the project" while snow and ice cover all. 

Hopefully, though, I can start posting dreams that will relate to issues other people are also working on--things we all need to be pondering.

And BTW, I can thank Tom Kenyon for his articles and website tomkenyon.com which I like and I did subscribe to his e-updates which come only every few months, and if anyone is interested, they won't inundate you.  Rather, you will be wondering, "where is the next one?"  Anyway, it was through Tom Kenyon that I learned a lot about the feeling of gratitude, as opposed to just saying the word.  It is my understanding from his work and that of others, that immersing oneself in the actual feeling of gratitude will raise your vibrational level, as each emotion has its own electromagnetic signature and that of gratitude, love, compassion, etc., all are what we would be wise to embrace.  So much to read on his website!  He's a good teacher.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 01:02:18 AM »
Extremely interesting about the laundromat experience, and like you, I feel our conscious minds are so busy with fluff, and busy with balancing the checkbook, and mundane, or not-so-mundane things, that it doesn't pay attention to "other" spheres of information.  Maybe it cannot.  I suspect the conscious mind is not on the same vibrational level as the subconscious or superconscious mind and therefore cannot acknowledge those channels of information flowing inward constantly, but the subconscious takes it ALL in!    Anyway, good thing you paid heed to your "higher self" or that little voice that you heard.

Thanks for the invite to continue here(!), as I plan to do so, and feel like this is a good place to share, and also to read what others are sharing. 

Once I finish the goat paddock (goat shed is finished now--yippeee!!!) and paddock fencing, then I can hopefully begin to post a few more dreams and visions (I have notebooks full) that seem relevant to this website.  Incidentally I had one this morning a few hours before awakening that was like my "snippet" dreams.  I was driving my car and I turned left to go onto a highway overpass, and immediately when I turned onto the overpass, my car was on slick ice and I spun totally around once, and began the second turn before gaining a bit of control, and the rear of the car started to go up on top of a snow bank perilously close to the overpass edge, but by then it was slowing down and I did not go over but awoke (after I stopped I think).  The dream (I think) is telling me I got turned around, and basically had spun out of control for a short while, due to all the snow and ice.  See, every waking moment of most days I focus on finishing the goat quarters so I can move them out of harm's way.  It seems like nothing must come in its way, as a lot of other things hinge on getting this project done.  And now with snow after snow, plus ice pellets several times, we have snow and ice covering everything and I cannot work on "the project" while snow and ice cover all. 

Hopefully, though, I can start posting dreams that will relate to issues other people are also working on--things we all need to be pondering.

And BTW, I can thank Tom Kenyon for his articles and website tomkenyon.com which I like and I did subscribe to his e-updates which come only every few months, and if anyone is interested, they won't inundate you.  Rather, you will be wondering, "where is the next one?"  Anyway, it was through Tom Kenyon that I learned a lot about the feeling of gratitude, as opposed to just saying the word.  It is my understanding from his work and that of others, that immersing oneself in the actual feeling of gratitude will raise your vibrational level, as each emotion has its own electromagnetic signature and that of gratitude, love, compassion, etc., all are what we would be wise to embrace.  So much to read on his website!  He's a good teacher.
ilinda, what a wonderful post. Missed it today!
Thanks so much for sharing your dream.
I understand how important it is to finish that goat shed... Wow that weather sounds like not so easy to work in. When you are done with that project and things have calmed down a bit... looking forward to your dream journal. You could even post it as a separate Topic... My dreams aren't very clear lately.
I think I saw Tom Kenyon's site  - will check it out. Gratitude. Part of Buddhist, thought, I feel. Probably that is what's missing, so often here in America. I haven't really lived in other cultures much, but, truth is I have run into so many rushed, abrupt, raw, rude people in this life, I'd venture to say gratitude was not part of their vocabularly.  It seems to me in many ways things started mellowing out a bit after the 1960s but we all have a long ways to go. I read once, America is a culture still forming. True enough. I believe in the basic goodness of Mankind but... well, things could be better...
Yes, keep on coming back...
:D

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 07:28:49 AM »
What Greg Braden talks about in this video does relate to survival.  It is out thought processes and our feelings about those thoughts.  He talks of the "field", the same one Rupert Sheldrake writes and talks about.  I think this is important stuff, but unfortunately is often tossed aside.

Greg Braden is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufVjdvRw4LM&feature=youtube_gdata_player