Author Topic: Bless The Beasts - Two By Two  (Read 17812 times)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Bless The Beasts - Two By Two
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2017, 01:02:33 PM »
He was indeed.  A couple of years after we got him, we received a call from the vet asking us to rescue a kitten whose mother was hit by a car.  The little fellow was too young to be weaned, and had to be bottle fed.  He would curl up against Caesar and nurse on his imaginary teets, and Caesar rather enjoyed playing the role of Mama Kitty! :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2017, 01:07:26 PM »
He was indeed.  A couple of years after we got him, we received a call from the vet asking us to rescue a kitten whose mother was hit by a car.  The little fellow was too young to be weaned, and had to be bottle fed.  He would curl up against Caesar and nurse on his imaginary teets, and Caesar rather enjoyed playing the role of Mama Kitty! :)

That is such an awesome story. Truly manly cats don't mind mothering a kitten, haha.
How long was Caesar with you?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2017, 01:44:05 PM »
Because he had the male Maine Coon predisposition to kidney failure, we lost him just shy of his 11th birthday, though the vet thought we'd lose him by age 5.  We gave him distilled water to drink, as well as water in which both celery leaves and parsley had been brewed, and his creatinine and BUN levels actually normalized for several years, amazing our vet who said that was textbook-impossible. :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2017, 03:25:25 PM »
Because he had the male Maine Coon predisposition to kidney failure, we lost him just shy of his 11th birthday, though the vet thought we'd lose him by age 5.  We gave him distilled water to drink, as well as water in which both celery leaves and parsley had been brewed, and his creatinine and BUN levels actually normalized for several years, amazing our vet who said that was textbook-impossible. :)

R.R. so sorry Caesar didn't make it longer but you surely helped him have a fairly good, long life. 
Thanks for sharing that info...I didn't know about Maine males and kidney problems...
I will let my granddaughter know. She is holistically-inclined so I will tell her about the celery leaves and parsley... :)
I think her big Maine boy is about 4 years old.
Blessings...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:30:30 PM by Yowbarb »