Author Topic: Evidence of Earth Axis Shift  (Read 40438 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Evidence of Earth Axis Shift
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 05:20:46 PM »
Here http://axischange.wordpress.com/ is a blog site with a link at mid-page to abundant evidence that the earth has shifted on its axis.  This particular investigator started posting data several years ago and believes the shift has occurred because global warming and melting polar have altered the rotational balance of the planet.  Regardless of that conclusion, the site provides a lot of supporting information to help prove that an axial shift has indeed occurred.

Very good reference, Cosmic Quest.  I will make use of it.
Thanks for posting this, Cosmic Quest, and thank you, Jim, for zeroing in on the details.

Cosmic Quest, I'm with you on this, as I have been gathering data since 2011, and it supports your hypothesis.  One main difference is the changes or alterations in the earth's axis of rotation is something I discovered by ACCIDENT. 

I was only looking to mark out a north-south line on the ground for a tiny experimental solar panel system, after pondering this for a couple of years.  When December, 2011 arrived, I knew it was time, but when winter solstice came, it was cloudy, so I marked the north-south line on the next day--day after solstice.  I am kind of a purist, so I figured if necessary, I can just nudge the poles/sticks #2 and #3 a few millimeters next year, when the winter solstice of 2012 rolls around, and we'll have our true north-south line, marked on exactly 12-21-12, winter solstice.   (To aim the panels at true south (in northern hemisphere) you have to know the north-south line, and a compass is OK, but the issue of magnetic declination, which can vary, and even heavy iron deposits nearby, will make you want to find true north.)

To find the north-south line, it is best done on winter solstice, and one primitive, but fairly accurate way is to line up three poles or straight sticks in the ground so that at exactly high noon, the sun's shadow of the first stick falls on the second stick, and the shadow of stick/pole #2 falls on pole or stick #3 and pole/stick #3's shadow continues in a straight line.  In the northern hemisphere, the sun will be "south" and the shadow going through the three poles/sticks is pointing "north".  The best thing is have pole or stick #1 in place before noon because the 60 second window rolls around faster than you think it will, and you are trying to drive poles or sticks in the ground and have them straight, level, and exactly in one shadow, all during your allotted 60 seconds.  Plus your ground should be level, as shadows can play tricks on uneven or rocky ground.

I should mention one other item about December, 2011.  A couple of days before solstice, I noticed it was "broad daylight" outside at 5 PM.  It was so light, I ran outside to see what was going on!  I've known all my adult life that at our latitude, by 5 PM, or actually 4:45 PM it is totally dark on winter solstice, and for some days before and after that day.  But this day was so light I could not believe my eyes.  I continued to watch, day after day, and the earliest it got dark in the vicinity of 2011 solstice was approximately 5:30 PM.  So something was "off" by 45 minutes.

Fast forward.  As December 2012 solstice approached I synchronized my watch online with time.is, went to the site of my 2011 north-south line, and made sure all was ready for the minor adjustment that might be needed.  I figured it is only going to be a few millimeters, so should be a piece of cake to nudge pole/stick #2 and pole/stick #3, to get the north-south line on exactly winter solstice, 2012.

On December 21, 2012, I arrived at the future site of solar panels, and I cannot emphasize enough my shock at what I saw.  It was only a few minutes before 12 noon, and the sun was in an entirely different direction!   I sort of stared in disbelief, and had to run find some new sticks because I would be unable to pull the old ones out and re-seat them in such a short time.  I found new sticks and drove them into the ground for this new north-south line of winter solstice, 12-21-2012.

Few people have believed me, and to be honest, if someone told me this story, and I had not noticed the 5 PM daylight of 2011, I might be a bit disinclined to believe such a "far-fetched" story as well.  After the truth set in, I got a carpenter's square and placed it gingerly between the 2011 and 2012 solstice north-south lines.  The difference was approximately 45 degrees.  I know, I know, it sounds preposterous.  But remember this is not an exact north-south deviation, nor is it an exact east-west deviation.  It must be some combination thereof. 

Now, it is obvious I have not used a computer-interfaced laser pointer, so the degree of accuracy I have would be subject to discussion.  Also, worth mention is that I finally replaced the "sticks in the ground" with a concrete-reinforced steel pole (for solar mount) and this steel pole is embedded deeply in a massive concrete and stone base.  Now, there can be no hint of "frost heave" which could skew results.  This steel pole is truly level in all directions, and it is from this new pole that I continue to plot out the ever-changing north-south lines.

Now that I have given a preface, I will gather up the other data I've collected from December 2011, through January, 2015, and post it here on this thread, "Evidence of Earth Axis Shift".  Because of all the deviations I have seen in the north-south line, I can say with certainty that the earth's axis of rotation is changing.  Stay tuned.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 03:34:32 PM »
Another thing I meant to mention relevant to my 1-21-15 post relates to my method of determining the north-south line.

Years ago we had read in some book about how to use the three sticks in the ground at exactly noon on winter solstice, in order to mark the north-south line.  Someone had asked if there is a link to that information.  I did not find an exact link, nor have I found the book we read, but after searching and thinking a bit I realized something:  the stick(s) or pole(s) are basically a SUNDIAL. 

So I searched "sundial" and got a few links that are of interest.  And the reason the vertical, level, stick(s)/pole(s) in the ground will only work at exactly noon is seen in one of the videos on youtube where the narrator shows that the stick or pole must be oriented parallel to the earth's axis for the sundial to accurately depict the time at all the hours, and not just noon.  But if the pole is totally vertical, one can still use the sundial at noon.

Links of interest:
"How To Read a Sundial" from e-How.com:
http://www.ehow.com/how_8076532_read-sundial.html

"How To Read a Sundial: from The Planetary Sociiety:
http://www.planetary.org/explore/projects/earth-dial/how-to-read-a-sundial.html

"Sundials and Latitude"  on youtube:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0LEVjC0GMFUrlAA0zAnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?p=how+to+read+a+sundial&tnr=21&vid=AA10D5DDB7FF10DF55A2AA10D5DDB7FF10DF55A2&l=330&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DUN.607990747612121535%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWXiakqRWcHc&sigr=11b82bh6n&tt=b&tit=Sundials+and+Latitude&sigt=10l2qmlsr&back=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dhow%2Bto%2Bread%2Ba%2Bsundial%26ei%3DUTF-8%26hsimp%3Dyhs-001%26hspart%3Dmozilla&sigb=131s51595&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Stay tuned....

Cosmic Quest

• Global Moderator
  • Trusted Member
    • n/a
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 04:48:38 PM »
Hi ilinda!  Thanks for the detailed description of your low-tech method for marking solar angle.  So simple, a caveman could do it!  :) 

It took over a year for someone to answer my request in this thread by posting any kind of corroboration to my findings.  Too few people are aware or care about what is going on around, above or below them!  That's why the evil power elite have never faced a serious challenge to their nefarious crimes against humanity, such as censoring and murdering scientists who "commit the truth!" 

I look forward to more of your findings, ilinda.  BTW to Admin, is there any way to correct the sizing of this page?  I don't know what caused it to get so wide, but I had to scroll back and forth horizontally to read the latest posts.
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy is when adults are afraid of the light."

Plato

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 09:14:24 AM »
ilinda -thanks for your posts here!
 :)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 04:19:44 PM »
This is an update of the saga which began in December, 2011, in which I was attempting to mark our north-south line here in Missouri's Ozarks, in preparation for installing a small, experimental solar electric system of two small panels on a pole.

To get the entire story it helps to read my chronology posted previously, so I can fast-forward to the next paragraph.

Because I have so many north-south lines now, I decided to put them on paper for ease of comparing one to another.    It should be noted that I posted photos of most/all of them in their natural setting as of last year, however because of the outdoor lighting, glare on rocks, uneven shadows, mixed vegetation and the like, it is not easy to discern what you are looking at in the photos, but links to those photos will follow.

As I mentioned before, I began to have so many "sticks in the ground" that my site was starting to look like a military cemetery, and once the steel pole was in place and I had gotten June, 2014 summer solstice north-south line on both the new steel pole and the old "sticks in the ground", I then was able to remove the sticks, which had to be removed anyway in order to complete the solar mount pole's concrete pad.

Back when I marked the first north-south line in December, 2011, I followed that line by stretching a string to the building nearby, ending at a point about 27" from the far corner of building.    Thus nearly three years later, once the steel pole was concreted in place, I was able to mark off the December, 2011 line from the new steel pole by doing this:  measured the distance from the center of the steel pole to the center of the southernmost stick for December, 2011, a length of 31 1/4 inches.  Next, I stretched a string from the center of steel pole toward the first unmovable object, a large cedar tree, and making certain the string would attach to that tree at a distance of 31 1/4 inches from the other string--the one that marked the Dec., 2011 north-south line from the "sticks in the ground" to that point on the building at about 27 inches from the far corner of building.  Whew.  In other words, I needed two parallel strings.

Today I had begun to draw in all the north-south lines, beginning in December, 2011, through this week in 2015.  But I realized there would be so many lines that it would probably confuse everyone, including myself, so I did some erasing and am posting only the north-south lines I marked during the December, 2011 through June, 2014.  These pics will be posted as is, then I can begin drawing in the newer lines, and still have these older pics for comparison.

One possible source of minor error, aside from fact that I don't have a high-tech computer-interfaced laser pointer for accuracy, is fact that while my NOON readings are taken when the clock reads 12 o'clock, there are 60 seconds that comprise this minute and when you begin watching the sun's shadow at high noon, you can see it does move a small, but noticeable distance in 60 seconds.  Having said that, I promise to try to get future readings at EXACTLY 12 noon and 1 or 2 or 3 seconds, but no later.  If possible. 

The next installation will show our north-south lines as they emanate from the stable, concrete-reinforced steel pole, showing lines from June, 2014 through sometime in February, 2015, but that will not be "complete" and will only constitute an update.  The reason is that as long as the north-south line keeps moving, that means, IMO, that the tilt of the earth's axis of rotation is changing.

The installation after that one will be photos of the actual marks on the building or tree where these lines connect.   Also I plan to attach a number of different strings to the pole, stretching them out to their specific positions, each one representing a different dated north-south line. 

The pics are of my drawings on a piece of 18" X 24" cardstock, but fitting that into one shot isn't easy, thus the overall shot, and the close-up of the original first three sticks in the ground for December, 2011. 

The very long dashed lines mark December, 2011 line, and if you look closely you can read that at a point very close to the building.  (If I labeled the line near the bottom of the drawing, it would interfere with the lines denoting other north-south lines--lines that are yet to be drawn in place.)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 04:50:59 PM »
Addendum to the above post:  the link below (posts # 24, 25, and 31) show some of the above-referenced strings in their natural habitat.
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=5284.15

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 08:52:09 PM »
Hi ilinda!  Thanks for the detailed description of your low-tech method for marking solar angle.  So simple, a caveman could do it!  :) 

It took over a year for someone to answer my request in this thread by posting any kind of corroboration to my findings.  Too few people are aware or care about what is going on around, above or below them!  That's why the evil power elite have never faced a serious challenge to their nefarious crimes against humanity, such as censoring and murdering scientists who "commit the truth!" 

I look forward to more of your findings, ilinda.  BTW to Admin, is there any way to correct the sizing of this page?  I don't know what caused it to get so wide, but I had to scroll back and forth horizontally to read the latest posts.
Sorry to be so lax in responding and glad to know someone else is out there already doing some of this stuff.

You are right on that most people aren't aware.  Of all the people I've tried to interest in this stuff, most say nothing, or claim "you made a mistake", or "you're ignorant", or fill in the blank.  At one site, the person scoured the internet to find something that corroborated his preconceived notions of "how things are" and then proceded to expound on something on the internet that proves "nothing has changed".  So be it.

And don't get me started on the elite, or TPTW as I prefer to call them.  It removes some of their power to call them TPTW, rather than TPTB.  :-D)

GenericUser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 07:15:16 PM »

Sorry to be so lax in responding and glad to know someone else is out there already doing some of this stuff.

You are right on that most people aren't aware.  Of all the people I've tried to interest in this stuff, most say nothing, or claim "you made a mistake", or "you're ignorant", or fill in the blank.  At one site, the person scoured the internet to find something that corroborated his preconceived notions of "how things are" and then proceded to expound on something on the internet that proves "nothing has changed".  So be it.

And don't get me started on the elite, or TPTW as I prefer to call them.  It removes some of their power to call them TPTW, rather than TPTB.  :-D)

iLinda et al,

Please help me and others like me to grasp the essence of this thread. I'm getting, I think, that the 'normal' wobble of the planet and/or it's 'normal'  tilt off of a north-south line through the ecliptic plane is no longer normal; I think I'm getting that it/they may have become rather extreme but extreme is not defined by me. I'm just getting vague notions due to my own limitations so if you could help, it would be much appreciated.

Marshall's videos spoke of two things, one being the Nibiru system and the other being a galactic superwave with accompanying gravitational wave. I read/downloaded a paper on the latter impling something close if not here but it is a very wide 'cloud' which lasts a while; regarding the former, there's not been much lately so I'm at a loss when trying to develop the 'why' to the abnormal planet aspect(s).

Thanks,
GU

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 07:22:22 AM »

iLinda et al,

Please help me and others like me to grasp the essence of this thread. I'm getting, I think, that the 'normal' wobble of the planet and/or it's 'normal'  tilt off of a north-south line through the ecliptic plane is no longer normal; I think I'm getting that it/they may have become rather extreme but extreme is not defined by me. I'm just getting vague notions due to my own limitations so if you could help, it would be much appreciated.

Marshall's videos spoke of two things, one being the Nibiru system and the other being a galactic superwave with accompanying gravitational wave. I read/downloaded a paper on the latter impling something close if not here but it is a very wide 'cloud' which lasts a while; regarding the former, there's not been much lately so I'm at a loss when trying to develop the 'why' to the abnormal planet aspect(s).

Thanks,
GU
I'll be glad to help.  Most importantly, I discovered this "wobble" totally by accident, as is documented in the above posts, particularly my January 21, 2015 post.

OK, here goes.  Because my earlier data was based on "sticks in the ground", which were carefully placed and monitored, but were subject to frost-heave, many people would reject that data.  I don't.  Now, though, I have the concrete-reinforced steel post embedded in a massive base of stone and concrete, and that post is leveled perfectly, so it should remain as is, barring massive quaking.

If we only look at the data gathered since the steel post was installed, we still have a LOT of data showing the north-south line is changing.  What that means is that the earth's axis of rotation is changing.  Here's where it can get more detailed.  Changing how?  Is the Earth leaning in one direction, then another such as east or west?  Is the earth (also) tilting more north, or south, than before?  This is what my data will help determine.

And BTW, I have much more data I have not posted yet, as I'm watching the sun on a daily basis (when there's noonday sun) and marking where that north south line intersects on immovable objects.  The reason I haven't posted some new stuff yet is that the north-south line is coming very close to where it was last summer.  In other words, picture the north-south line last June, 2014, as being drawn on a clock face at high noon on that clock.  Now, picture the long hand of the clock represents that north-south line, and watch that hand move on toward 1 or 2 or even 3 o'clock position, and then watch that hand move back toward noon.  THAT is exactly what I've seen between June, 2014 and now, with the north-south line, if we plotted it on a clock face on paper.

One new piece of data I began gathering last June, with the new steel post, was also measuring the length of the sun's shadow.  That should tell us if the earth is tilting more, or less, north or south.  For example, from memory, I can say that the sun's shadow from the base of the steel pole was 125 1/2" long, around winter solstice, 2014.  And also, from memory, the sun's shadow for summer solstice, June 21, 2014 was only 16" or 16 3/4" long.  BUT, I'm only quoting from memory here because my data is all far away from the computer and is stored near the steel post, and this data is what I will be posting later, but not from memory.  Rather I will be posting exactly what data I have gathered.

So, for example, if the length of the sun's shadow from base of steel post to the tip of steel post, on June 21, 2015 is 14", then it means in my view that the earth's axis of rotation has tilted more northward.  Think of it like this:  the earth has a tilt of it's axis of rotation and if that tilt disappeared, then the axis of rotation would be exactly vertical, truly up and down.  And taking it a step further, if I find on June 21, 2015 that there is no shadow or perhaps a 2" shadow, we would know that the axis of rotation IS nearly vertical.  So my getting the lengths of the shadow of the steel post at noon will tell us about how "steep" or "not steep" the axis of rotation is.

And just the fact that the north-south line keeps moving around, pointing here, pointing there, (even if the length of the sun's shadow at noon on the steel post remains the same) that there is an east-west wobble.  Problem is, I only started this in 2011 and have no "normal" baseline. 

If I have not explained something, anything, everything clearly, please yell.  I get so mired into this stuff that I sometimes forget to mention something really important. 

Last but not least, I learned a lot from reading in my EXPLORATION OF THE UNIVERSE, whose author, George Ogden Abell, is listed in my Oxford Astronomy Encyclopedia.  In his EXPLORATION... book, he clearly states that the sun and moon both are tugging at the earth, in a tug-of-war of sorts.  I can quote him directly when I dig out the book.  Anyway, he shows how the earth's axis of rotation and movements are the result of the interactions, pushes, pulls, between and among the other bodies nearby, primarily the sun and moon.  I cannot PROVE WHY the earth's axis of rotation is now changing-- here and there, but from reading that book, I see it has to be from one or both: mass and/or magnetics. 

For example the mass of the sun and mass of the moon are constant, as is the mass of the earth.  But what if some rather massive body or massive bodies came careening into the solar system, as they approach the earth, they would definitely affect it, even if they never hit it.   There would be an attraction between those bodies that is described by a very short equation commonly known to astronomers and physicists (the same equation that applies to earth/sun/moon).   But complicating the picture is the magnetics.  What if that body or bodies newly entering the solar system have strong magnetic field(s)?  Then it could be attraction or deflection, depending on the orientation of those new bodies passing through.  And then if those new bodies entering our solar system have large mass, plus strong magnetic fields, we would know that all of the forces whether gravitational or magnetic, will both be at work, possibly wreaking havoc on our earth.

This is where gathering as much data as possible now will be helpful in seeing trends.  One thing in the short term I'm looking for is this:  will the north-south line ever move counter-clockwise PAST the December 2011 line?  This will be much more clear to readers as soon as I can get the next several posts made, as they will make it more clear.  (A picture tells a thousand words).

Stay tuned for more data, plus, again, if I have left out something or not been clear about anything, please let me know.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 04:24:57 PM by ilinda »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 05:09:27 PM »
This is an addendum to my above post, as I corrected a couple of things such as book title, etc., so the following can stand alone.

George Abell's  book EXPLORATION OF THE UNIVERSE has educated me a bit since being accidentally drawn into this science project of observing the sun's shadow at exactly high noon, first at solstice, and now, as often as possible, in order to determine the degree and orientation of the Earth's axis of rotation, which appears to be changing.

For the record, George Ogden Abell (1927-1983) wasn't just some guy who liked to watch the night sky, so he wrote a book on astronomy.  His listing in the OXFORD ENCYCLOPEDIA OF ASTRONOMY mentions, among other things, that he studied galaxies and clusters of galaxies, and is best known for the Catalog of 2,712 "Rich" Clusters of Galaxies (1958), drawn largely from his work on the "Palomar Observatory Sky Survey".   Abell, of University of California, Los Angelos (UCLA) also had other work to his credit.

Relevant to our discussion of forces on the earth is what George Abell said on page 78 of his EXPLORATION OF THE UNIVERSE:
"The gravitational attractions of the sun and moon upon the earth act in such a way as to attempt to change the earth's axis of rotation (Abell's emphasis) so that it would stand perpendicular to the orbital plane of the earth.    To understand what actually takes place, we must digress for a moment to consider what happens when a similar force acts upon a top or gyroscope...."

Also relevant is that little equation that describes the force of gravitational attraction between two bodies, for example, sun and earth, or moon and earth, etc.  That equation, stated, says that the force of attraction between the two bodies is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.  So for example, two bodies that are relatively near each other (short distance apart) will have a strong attractive force for each other, while two bodies of same size, but much farther apart (long distance apart) will have a smaller attraction for each other.

My reason for including some about Abell and his work is to show I'm relying on those who know more about this than I, to help us understand what is going on, and maybe even note the "progress" of changes we are seeing.

GenericUser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 07:21:41 PM »

iLinda et al,

Thanks,
GU
I'll be glad to help.  Most importantly, I discovered this "wobble" totally by accident, as is documented in the above posts, particularly my January 21, 2015 post.

OK, here goes.  Because my earlier data was based on "sticks in the ground", which were carefully placed and monitored, but were subject to frost-heave, many people would reject that data.  I don't.  Now, though, I have the concrete-reinforced steel post embedded in a massive base of stone and concrete, and that post is leveled perfectly, so it should remain as is, barring massive quaking.

If we only look at the data gathered since the steel post was installed, we still have a LOT of data showing the north-south line is changing.  What that means is that the earth's axis of rotation is changing.  Here's where it can get more detailed.  Changing how?  Is the Earth leaning in one direction, then another such as east or west?  Is the earth (also) tilting more north, or south, than before?  This is what my data will help determine.

And BTW, I have much more data I have not posted yet, as I'm watching the sun on a daily basis (when there's noonday sun) and marking where that north south line intersects on immovable objects.  The reason I haven't posted some new stuff yet is that the north-south line is coming very close to where it was last summer.  In other words, picture the north-south line last June, 2014, as being drawn on a clock face at high noon on that clock.  Now, picture the long hand of the clock represents that north-south line, and watch that hand move on toward 1 or 2 or even 3 o'clock position, and then watch that hand move back toward noon.  THAT is exactly what I've seen between June, 2014 and now, with the north-south line, if we plotted it on a clock face on paper.

One new piece of data I began gathering last June, with the new steel post, was also measuring the length of the sun's shadow.  That should tell us if the earth is tilting more, or less, north or south.  For example, from memory, I can say that the sun's shadow from the base of the steel pole was 125 1/2" long, around winter solstice, 2014.  And also, from memory, the sun's shadow for summer solstice, June 21, 2014 was only 16" or 16 3/4" long.  BUT, I'm only quoting from memory here because my data is all far away from the computer and is stored near the steel post, and this data is what I will be posting later, but not from memory.  Rather I will be posting exactly what data I have gathered.

So, for example, if the length of the sun's shadow from base of steel post to the tip of steel post, on June 21, 2015 is 14", then it means in my view that the earth's axis of rotation has tilted more northward.  Think of it like this:  the earth has a tilt of it's axis of rotation and if that tilt disappeared, then the axis of rotation would be exactly vertical, truly up and down.  And taking it a step further, if I find on June 21, 2015 that there is no shadow or perhaps a 2" shadow, we would know that the axis of rotation IS nearly vertical.  So my getting the lengths of the shadow of the steel post at noon will tell us about how "steep" or "not steep" the axis of rotation is.

And just the fact that the north-south line keeps moving around, pointing here, pointing there, (even if the length of the sun's shadow at noon on the steel post remains the same) that there is an east-west wobble.  Problem is, I only started this in 2011 and have no "normal" baseline. 

If I have not explained something, anything, everything clearly, please yell.  I get so mired into this stuff that I sometimes forget to mention something really important. 

Last but not least, I learned a lot from reading in my EXPLORATION OF THE UNIVERSE, whose author, George Ogden Abell, is listed in my Oxford Astronomy Encyclopedia.  In his EXPLORATION... book, he clearly states that the sun and moon both are tugging at the earth, in a tug-of-war of sorts.  I can quote him directly when I dig out the book.  Anyway, he shows how the earth's axis of rotation and movements are the result of the interactions, pushes, pulls, between and among the other bodies nearby, primarily the sun and moon.  I cannot PROVE WHY the earth's axis of rotation is now changing-- here and there, but from reading that book, I see it has to be from one or both: mass and/or magnetics. 

For example the mass of the sun and mass of the moon are constant, as is the mass of the earth.  But what if some rather massive body or massive bodies came careening into the solar system, as they approach the earth, they would definitely affect it, even if they never hit it.   There would be an attraction between those bodies that is described by a very short equation commonly known to astronomers and physicists (the same equation that applies to earth/sun/moon).   But complicating the picture is the magnetics.  What if that body or bodies newly entering the solar system have strong magnetic field(s)?  Then it could be attraction or deflection, depending on the orientation of those new bodies passing through.  And then if those new bodies entering our solar system have large mass, plus strong magnetic fields, we would know that all of the forces whether gravitational or magnetic, will both be at work, possibly wreaking havoc on our earth.

This is where gathering as much data as possible now will be helpful in seeing trends.  One thing in the short term I'm looking for is this:  will the north-south line ever move counter-clockwise PAST the December 2011 line?  This will be much more clear to readers as soon as I can get the next several posts made, as they will make it more clear.  (A picture tells a thousand words).

Stay tuned for more data, plus, again, if I have left out something or not been clear about anything, please let me know.

Thank you; I've now understood more and have pasted it into an rtf file to print and re-read.
Great work!

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »
This is another in the series of updates on the changing north-south line of Sol's shadow at high noon, as I have been recording since December, 2011. 

This article will include two pictures of my large card-stock drawing showing  the increasing number of different north-south lines, as the Earth's angle of axis of rotation continues to change.   Very soon I plan to post pictures of the actual on-site markings on the immovable objects so as to give the reader a better feeling of the "scale" of it all.

In a nutshell, for the dates of this article, June 21, 2014 through March 16, 2015, the north-south line (Sol's shadow on pole) pivots clockwise from June 21, 2014 through September 23, 2014, then begins to pivot counterclockwise from September 23, 2014 through February 19, 2015, then "waffles" between Feb. 19 and March 6, then again begins to pivot clockwise through the last day of this article, March 16, 2015.  The details are below:

For starters, I have only added eight "north-south" lines to the card-stock drawing (again, a picture is worth a thousand words), and these eight new lines encompass dates from June 21,2014 through March 11, 2015.  The marker for March 15 and 16 is there (27) but no room to write the dates or draw the line.  It should be noted that I have many more dates of observation during that time period,  but until I can create a larger close-up version, there is just not enough space for all the drawn lines that would be necessary to show all of the additional north-south lines.  Included in this article somewhere is a neat list of each date of observation, and at which "immovable monument marker" the north-south line intersects.

The card-stock drawing and that list  provide essentially the same information, but the visual effect of seeing the lines on paper gives the reader an immediate "feel" for how our Earth's axis of rotation is moving back and forth.

Note that I  began numbering the observations with the new steel post in place (picture to follow eventually) , with "1", "2", etc. and had reached "28", at which point the  north-south lines nearly converged with the first two:  "1" and "2".  The north-south lines for Feb. 19 through March 5 came thisclose to overlying the line for August 12.

To start, I marked  the June 21, 2014  position  on the concrete corner base as "1", and  August 12, 2014, on the same base, but slightly closer to the actual corner itself, as "2",  then got the readings for September 23, 2014, December 17, 2014, December 25, 2014,  and January 5, 2015, labeled  "3", "4", "8", and "15", respectively.    It is important to note that it was so cloudy in December it was impossible to get much data at all, including on winter solstice.  So, we can conclude that the winter solstice north-south line is somewhere in between lines "4" (December 17) and "8" (December 25).  Also marked on our card-stock display are lines for January 30, 2015, and finally  the time period from February 12 through March 11, 2015, (mostly Marker # "28"), during which time the line was not appearing to move much at all, presumably because it was in the process of changing directions, i.e., the Earth's axis of rotation was in the process of changing directions. 

It was during that 28-day period that I began to get "impatient", wanting the line to move one way or another!  Stepping back, I see the hilarity of the situation and need to remember I'm only here to COLLECT data, not cheer for one direction or another! But from these observations, I can see that nothing is predictable in regard to this changing north-south line.  Which brings us to this the next step.

After a few days of constant rain that was finally melting all the snow and ice, sun on March 15 and 16 allowed more observations.  The north-south line is no longer "waffling between position 2 and position 28, but has finally begun moving again.  Now, our north-south line has reversed its counterclockwise direction, and is now moving clockwise again, with March 15 and 16, 2015,  at position 27.    It is worth repeating  that I did not mark ALL of my observations on the card-stock display,  as there would have been too many lines which would have created a confusing and cluttered display.

It is also important to note, I am not 100% certain what happened between August 12, 2014 and September 23, 2014, nor between September 23, 2014 and December 17, 2014, but can conclude there was net clockwise movement between August and September; also assumed is net counterclockwise movement  from September 23, 2014 through February 12, 2015.

These are the dates shown on card-stock display:
 DATE         Marker #   Comments
June 21, 20014   1         --
August12, 2014   2         --
Sept.. 23, 2014   3         on concrete block, 10" to right of right door frame of storm cellar door
Dec. 17, 2014   4         on door, 2 3/4" to left of right storm cellar door jamb
Dec. 25, 2014   8         --
Jan. 5, 2015   15             --
Jan. 30, 2015   24         --
Feb. 12, 2015   28                    --
Feb. 13, 2015   28         --
Feb. 14, 2015   28         --
Feb. 18, 2015   28         --
Feb. 19, 2015   btw. 2 & 28   between #2 and corner #28
Feb. 24, 2015   28         --
Feb. 27, 2015   btw. 2 & 28   0.5" to left of #28
March 2, 2015   btw. 2 & 28   0.25 to 0.5" to left of #28
March 5, 2015   btw. 2 & 28   1/2 way btw. #28 and #2
March 6, 2015   sl. left of 28   bordering on left edge of corner #28
March 7, 2015   28         on corner #28
March 11, 2015   28         on corner #28
March 15, 2015   27         moving clockwise again
March 16, 2015   27

There is more to follow, including outdoor pics of all the landmarks associated with these data.    There is also a smaller database of measurements (but still growing)  of the length of shadow that is cast by the solar mount pole as Sol hits the pole at high noon.  This shadow length is used in a small amount of algebra and trigonometry, all of which is used to calculate the sun's angle.  Details and data to follow. 

It is worth remembering that "noon" always means Standard time.  I use central standard time, CST, and have dedicated a certain watch to this project, so it goes nowhere else, and is never reset every spring for "Daylight" time, and always remains set for CST.

There is one minor error I see and that is in the cardstock display which labels the one line at the exact concrete corner, #28, as being for all the dates between and including February 12, through March 11, which would be true, except for the dates from Feb. 19 through Mar. 6, during the "waffling".

If anyone spots any errors, please inform me ASAP, so that I can correct them and not misinform anyone.  Further, I urge anyone to set up their own post or pole, level it, level the ground around it, and get busy documenting "stuff".  Make certain your watch or clock is checked regularly for accuracy to the second.  Good luck, and stay tuned for updates….
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:26:40 PM by ilinda »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2015, 08:43:10 AM »
It is worth remembering that "noon" always means Standard time.  I use central standard time, CST,

Ilinda:  Would "true solar noon" be better?  That is when the Sun is directly overhead.  Varies with location and date.   See http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/grad/solcalc/

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2015, 08:52:10 AM »
It is worth remembering that "noon" always means Standard time.  I use central standard time, CST,

Ilinda:  Would "true solar noon" be better?  That is when the Sun is directly overhead.  Varies with location and date.   See http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/grad/solcalc/

Jim, that's a good idea.  Fortunately, we are smack dab in the center of our time zone, Central Time, so true solar noon is probably what I'm using, but only by accident!

I do recall someone mentioning he used Polaris, our North Star, when lining up his solar panel system, because it would be more accurate for those not in the center of their time zone.

Anyway, you raised a good point because those at one side of a given time zone will have slightly different readings from someone at the other side of the same time zone.  In fact, people living just a few feet from each other can be in different time zones.  Think of how someone in the far west of Central Zone can be a few feet from someone living in the far eastern part of Mountain Time Zone.

Thanks again, and I'll go back and study the site a bit more, and maybe learn a bit more as well.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2015, 09:03:14 AM »

Here's a stray thought that is relevant to those without access to internet, or those without access to much of anything technical, including someone out in the wild.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one very low-tech way to determine when Sol, our Sun, is directly overhead is to measure repeatedly the sun's shadow on a completely level and straight pole or post in level ground.  Once the person has ascertained the approximate time period of "true solar noon", when the Sun is approximately overhead, then s/he can begin measuring the shadow minute by minute, and then narrowing it down further, second by second, to eventually determine when Sol is directly overhead.  This would take several days, unless one already knows within about 5 or 10 minutes when "true solar noon" is.

In that way, a series of shadow measurements will tell the person that the shortest measurement means "true solar noon" or as I called it "high noon".  It works everywhere, except where the sun is directly overhead and casts no shadow.

That series of shadow measurements, if plotted on a graph, should display something similar to an inverse Bell Curve.  Someone please correct this if wrong.