Author Topic: Comet ISON is now Comet ISN'T  (Read 2901 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
Comet ISON is now Comet ISN'T
« on: November 28, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »
Hi All:

My wife was reading Russian-language sites this morning and they're saying that ISON crumbled before reaching perihelion.  It's closest point to the sun.  So Comet ISON is now Comet ISN'T.

When the Comet ISON stampede first started, those of us on the research team pushed back from the table.  The only mention I ever made of this was indirectly in my latest video, Planet X 101 in which I referenced Comet Elenin.  That was an interesting comet but it was never PX or an alien mother ship.  So I just warned folks not to be stampeded again, which was the case with ISON. 

What folks need to understand is that much of this ISON hysteria was intentionally planted and while the disinformationalists are usually not successful with content, they've found that their crud really works with comets and they got a HUGE hit on ISON.  The result now, is that a lot of folks are going to be embarrassed and frustration by being swept up in a stampede and they'll just walk away.  So when it comes to ISON.  1 point for the elites.  0 for the truth.  Elites win. 

Moving forward.  What we all need to focused on are the bolides (fireballs) that are showing up in our skies with never before seen levels of frequency and strength.  In this regard, ISON will probably resurface as the source of a future meteor event with loss of life and property.  Ergo, people will be rattled but they'll see this as a one-off event and interest will wane. 

In the meantime, plan and prepare, for whatever may come.

Onward, Marshall

Panamby

• stringers
    • Pa Namby
Re: Comet ISON is now Comet ISN'T
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 03:19:41 PM »
Oh! - Ok... It is now 21:15 local time in Rio de Janeiro ad I was loosing my time searching Youtube to see what happened during ISON perihelium, out of curiosity to check a 'dream' or 'vision' from a person some 15-20 years ago. So, Thanks!
PS - For the curious, I have posted the entire description of the person's dream by itself s couple of days ago on another tag of this forum:
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=4876.msg76194#msg76194

Panamby

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 07:17:31 AM »
Marshall there was some question on it in the media, but a portion of ISON definitely did survive.
You are right, there could be future fireball events from ISON's remnant - which could cause a problem...
I imagine after today we won't have much discussion about this comet. It has been interesting - pretty much over now.
Update: A better capture of the brightness of ISON after perihelion.  Posted here for anyone interested.
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=5295.msg76280#msg76280

- Barb Townsend

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
    • Your Own World USA
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 09:47:29 AM »
A fragment of Comet ISON is still out there.   Well at least we know it never was an alien mother ship, a brown dwarf or PX. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 01:48:33 PM »
A fragment of Comet ISON is still out there.   Well at least we know it never was an alien mother ship, a brown dwarf or PX.

Yes!
There certainly were a lot of those discussions going on.
You name it - it got posted somewhere. 
;)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 08:48:53 AM »
Hi All:

My wife was reading Russian-language sites this morning and they're saying that ISON crumbled before reaching perihelion.  It's closest point to the sun.  So Comet ISON is now Comet ISN'T.

When the Comet ISON stampede first started, those of us on the research team pushed back from the table.  The only mention I ever made of this was indirectly in my latest video, Planet X 101 in which I referenced Comet Elenin.  That was an interesting comet but it was never PX or an alien mother ship.  So I just warned folks not to be stampeded again, which was the case with ISON. 

What folks need to understand is that much of this ISON hysteria was intentionally planted and while the disinformationalists are usually not successful with content, they've found that their crud really works with comets and they got a HUGE hit on ISON.  The result now, is that a lot of folks are going to be embarrassed and frustration by being swept up in a stampede and they'll just walk away.  So when it comes to ISON.  1 point for the elites.  0 for the truth.  Elites win. 

Moving forward.  What we all need to focused on are the bolides (fireballs) that are showing up in our skies with never before seen levels of frequency and strength.  In this regard, ISON will probably resurface as the source of a future meteor event with loss of life and property.  Ergo, people will be rattled but they'll see this as a one-off event and interest will wane. 

In the meantime, plan and prepare, for whatever may come.

Onward, Marshall

Marshall, I know you don't want to take up any more space in a discussion of ISON, but you are right. The sites your wife read and other msm outlets were reporting the more correct version of events, all along. ISON was goners even before perihelion. (I know that now.)
I do not think there was deliberate deception on the part of Spaceweather or other sites, I think it took a while for scientists to reconstruct what had happened.
I was also mistaken in thinking and posting ISON had survived perihelion. 
Posting the whole thing here - [ http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=5295.msg76329#msg76329

but here is the short version.
Sincerely,
Barb Townsend
...............................................................................................
http://spaceweather.com/

"...Among experts, a consensus is building that the comet broke apart shortly before perihelion (closest approach to the sun). In the movie, note how rapidly the comet fades just before it vanishes behind the occulting disk of the SOHO coronagraph."  LINK:

[ http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/2013/12/02/ison_anim.gif ]

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
    • Your Own World USA
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 09:23:01 AM »
Hi Barbara:

ISON was an important event as are all Earth crossing objects and there were just a few places on the web to find sober info about ISON, including our own Planetxtownhall.com. I'm proud of how the Town Hall members followed this topic in a disciplined and cordial manner.  The rest is details. 

What set the pretext for this comet stampede as I call them was the announcement by NASA that this would be the comet of the century.  Yes, there was the usual speculative chatter, but a good deal of it was generated by disinformationalists.  This is easy to spot because it stands out from the chatter. Simple trade craft such as the synthetic, including text to speech machine voices used for YT videos.

This is the third such stampede I've seen since 1999 and these three since 2011.  The two biggies are Elenin and ISON and a Lovejoy is a distant third. I can only wonder how many more of these engineered comet stampedes it will take before folks wise up to the need to study the object itself, instead of chasing after slurpy and swarmy distractions. 

In the meantime, the ISON comet stampede was highly successful in that it derailed newbies with an early interest in this topic.  Whether people cannot see because they haven't noticed or they cannot see because they're embarrassed by their own gullibility makes no difference. The point of the disinformation is to blind them to the need to study space threats more seriously.

Again. To all the members of this board.  I'm so proud of all of you and deeply gratified by your steadfast diligence in the study of this important celestial event.  This is what survivors do and ya'll are doing it.  Oorah as the Marines like to say.

Cheers, Marshall

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 09:52:41 AM »
Thanks Marshall.
I very much appreciate your post. 
Oftentimes I don't think of disinformation and get caught up in something.

ISON to me had some sort of significance or symbolism beyond being a comet. It seemed so bright and beautiful, almost like it was alive. I know that is funny... 
Also got caught up in the cultlike nerdy interest of the object...  ;)

It is good to hear the other side how some of what generated the interest in this subject was disinformation.
Thanks for all you do,  ;D
Barb Townsend