Author Topic: Fukushima radiation hits San Francisco! (Dec 2013)  (Read 3729 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
Fukushima radiation hits San Francisco! (Dec 2013)
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:09:01 PM »
Good video with quality radiation testing gear.  It shows the leading edge of the radiation plume from Japan is now reaching the mid West coast.

Most people will ignore this because most folks cling to the bliss of their ignorance like jealous lovers.  That will change when radiation warning signs are posted on beaches warning people.

http://youtu.be/LcQLxT49ZP0

Endtimesgal_2012

Re: Fukushima radiation hits San Francisco! (Dec 2013)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »
Sounds like Ed Dames, latest Coast to Coast interview  (December 2013) is proving to be true.  Sad for all those people living on the west coast.

bk

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 04:56:25 AM »
The big question is how much radiation has made it into the food chain? (Canned Tuna, Salmon, Etc.)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 04:32:17 PM »
The big question is how much radiation has made it into the food chain? (Canned Tuna, Salmon, Etc.)

bk, that's a good question. I would hate to think I'd have to stop giving my cats their tuna treats...
We give them all a big stash of tuna a couple times per week, more often in winter.
We put out tuna for the strays, too when it's freezing...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 04:33:11 PM »
Good video with quality radiation testing gear.  It shows the leading edge of the radiation plume from Japan is now reaching the mid West coast.

Most people will ignore this because most folks cling to the bliss of their ignorance like jealous lovers.  That will change when radiation warning signs are posted on beaches warning people.

http://youtu.be/LcQLxT49ZP0

Marshall, thanks for posting this info.
It's chilling...

Panamby

• stringers
    • Pa Namby
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »
Marshall

Regarding Fukushima I have read a report over and over. Don't know what to think of it... but couldn't find a single fault on the argumentation and data presented.
Anyway, independent of causes, theidsaster is there and it is probably much worse than documente by the press and govs.
the link is here and decide for yourselves: http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/fukushima1.html

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »
Marshall

Regarding Fukushima I have read a report over and over. Don't know what to think of it... but couldn't find a single fault on the argumentation and data presented.
Anyway, independent of causes, theidsaster is there and it is probably much worse than documente by the press and govs.
the link is here and decide for yourselves: http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/fukushima1.html
Panamby, thanks for your post and sharing that link,
- Yowbarb

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
    • Your Own World USA
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 12:07:50 AM »
Excellent site Panamby. Thanks for the link. And yes, it is a bad coverup that is a crime against humanity.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 07:04:46 AM »
Is the radiation plume a permanent thing or will it dissipate?  How long does it take for radiation levels to get back to normal?  I've read that you shouldn't plant anything that was hit by an atomic bomb for 100 years after because of the radiation, but some think it's longer than that.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 07:58:29 PM »
Is the radiation plume a permanent thing or will it dissipate?  How long does it take for radiation levels to get back to normal?  I've read that you shouldn't plant anything that was hit by an atomic bomb for 100 years after because of the radiation, but some think it's longer than that.
Steedy, I'm no expert, but different radionuclides have different potencies and half-lives.  Some are of concern for only a few weeks, others months, some years, and a few for perhaps millions of years.  And there's the issue of whether it's beta, gamma, or alpha.  Another issue is tlme, distance and shielding.  The length of time you are exposed is important.  So is the distance you are/were from the material.  And the shielding is more important for some than for others.  It gets complicated very quickly, except to say with Fukushima, for example, there were a whole lot of radioactive particles released and from more than one type of radionuclide.  Regardless of whatever lies MSM tells us, it is not good for any living thing on the planet, and the effects of Fukushima will be here after every living thing alive today is gone.
If you check out a Helen Cauldicott video on youtube, you'll get some good information.  I don't have a link in front of me, but she has studied the issue carefully.
Good luck!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
Steedy, I'm no expert, but different radionuclides have different potencies and half-lives.  Some are of concern for only a few weeks, others months, some years, and a few for perhaps millions of years.  And there's the issue of whether it's beta, gamma, or alpha.  Another issue is tlme, distance and shielding.  The length of time you are exposed is important.  So is the distance you are/were from the material.  And the shielding is more important for some than for others.  It gets complicated very quickly, except to say with Fukushima, for example, there were a whole lot of radioactive particles released and from more than one type of radionuclide.  Regardless of whatever lies MSM tells us, it is not good for any living thing on the planet, and the effects of Fukushima will be here after every living thing alive today is gone.
If you check out a Helen Cauldicott video on youtube, you'll get some good information.  I don't have a link in front of me, but she has studied the issue carefully.
Good luck!

ilinda, thanks very much for your post. A few words about Helen Caldicott, first a link to one of her videos, to which you may be referring:

The Horrible Truth About Fukushima -- Helen Caldicott, MD  37:45   57,308 Views

LINK: http://youtu.be/en_CiEnJ4Wo

Feb 09, 2014
Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Caldicott

...Caldicott currently splits her time between the United States and Australia and continues to lecture widely to promote her views on nuclear energy use, including weapons and power. She has been awarded 21 honorary doctoral degrees and was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Nobel Laureate Linus Pauling. She was awarded the Lannan Foundation Prize for Cultural Freedom in 2003, and in 2006, the Peace Organisation of Australia presented her with the inaugural Australian Peace Prize "for her longstanding commitment to raising awareness about the medical and environmental hazards of the nuclear age". The Smithsonian Institution has named Caldicott as one of the most influential women of the 20th century.[7] She is a member of the scientific committee of the Fundacion IDEAS, a progressive think tank in Spain.
http://enenews.com/kpfa-dr-helen-caldicott-threatened-death-japan-speaking-about-nuclear-power-students-charged-disturbing-peace-handing-flyers-audio

KPFA Flashpoints, Mar. 10, 2014 (at 3:00 in):
KPFA: Dr. Helen Caldicott threatened with death while in Japan for speaking about nuclear power — Students being charged with disturbing the peace for handing out flyers (AUDIO)

Steve Zeltzer, reporting from Japan: We went to Osaka […] we were told there’s continuing repression. Activists here are being threatened, including Professor Shimoji who was arrested for handing out leaflets. The government is trying to suppress opposition to nuclear power by passing the secrecy law which just passed the parliament and also by intimidating antinuclear activists and saying they have to keep quiet. [...] We also learned from Dr. Helen Caldicott that she was threatened. She spoke at a meeting in Kyoto on the 8th and it was reported at the meeting that she had been threatened by right-wingers with death for speaking out about the dangers of nuclear power.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 06:11:54 PM »
Thanks, Barb, for the links and further info. on Helen Cauldicott that I lazily neglected to search for and include.  Shame on me.

Here is another important thing about this woman, who IIRC is a pediatritian as well as "student" of radioactivity issues.  She has stated that if the Fukushima Reactor Building #4 does topple over (it is now listing/leaning)  that she will move her family to South America where there will be some safety for a while, as what circulates in each of the northern and southern hemispheres remains separated, and little atmospheric mixing occurs, except a minor amount at the equator.

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
    • Your Own World USA
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 09:02:10 PM »
If two of the rods touch during the refueling, it's game over.  The result will be a fire that cannot be put out and it will spread.  I just pray each day that they get those spent fuel rods safely out of 4 before something happens.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 10:14:42 PM »
Thanks, Barb, for the links and further info. on Helen Cauldicott that I lazily neglected to search for and include.  Shame on me.

Here is another important thing about this woman, who IIRC is a pediatritian as well as "student" of radioactivity issues.  She has stated that if the Fukushima Reactor Building #4 does topple over (it is now listing/leaning)  that she will move her family to South America where there will be some safety for a while, as what circulates in each of the northern and southern hemispheres remains separated, and little atmospheric mixing occurs, except a minor amount at the equator.

ilinda thanks very much for sharing that info...I didn't know that.
Truth be told, this is one area I am not confronting very well...