Author Topic: MIDDLE EAST WAR  (Read 46226 times)

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Middle East war
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 08:51:26 AM »
Here are the next installments:

"Lindsey Williams Exclusive: Nwo to Target Iran & Saudi Arabi Next, Oil to Hit $200 a Barrel 1/5 "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-kmI1hzbI0&feature=player_embedded

Yes, truly staggering.

augonit

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 05:07:37 PM »
I've been very concerned about the unrest in the Middle East and Libyia.  However, I have often wondered if it is also being used as a way to distract us from North Korea.  I'm still not convinced that they are not a threat even today.  The uneasiness I feel about what is going on is the same uneasiness I feel about the upcoming predicted food shortage. 

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 11:03:32 AM »
Many Countries sending warships to Libya.
OK Whats really going on?

Could be just precautionary.
1. Ready to extract their citizens, diplomatic staff, black-ops assets, etc that are stuck.
2. Give food, medics, etc after Gadhafi runs.
3. Assist temporary government functions, since Gadhafi did not establish or allow any possibility of alternatives to, or back-ups of, himself -- according to an article in today's local newspaper here.

neoslim

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »
So far it looks as if Gadhafi is winning. But regardless of the outcome I believe it will all lead to the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy when all the Islamic nations come against Israel as the opening scene of World War 3. There are truly big things going on in the world. But what's surprising is that these things are happening seemingly all at once and with such little timing in between, and also with such magnitude. Japan just had its largest earthquake and a huge tsunami and is worried now about a nuclear meltdown. All the while there is an Islamic uprising across the Middle East which either way will not turn out as friendly towards Israel as its predeccesors. All the while this stuff is happening near the 2012 date. It is quite scary. I really don't think I'm ready for this.

augonit

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 01:28:26 PM »
I don't think I'm ready for it either Neoslim.  I pray often to be counted worthy enough to go up in the Rapture.  I don't think I could survive Armageddon, which is where I think we're going.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 10:16:43 AM »
It would be my belief that the delayed response to the "no fly zone" wanted in Libya, and the lackadaisical attitude our leaders are showing toward the situation, tells me that we just might want Ghaddafi to remain in power. The lack of action by the USA is a telling sign.   ed

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 10:19:28 AM »
just read somewhere that some of the pilots have flown their aircraft to a neutral airbase looking for asylum. not sure where i
saw the report so can't post a link. more than one pilot though. Also, some protesters have taken over some military bases and
have hand weapons plus tanks. civil war may happen as was predicted by the powers that be there..........

That makes sense...
just as in Egypt the security forces of Mubarek turned against him after awhile and tore their uniforms off and joined the protestors... so will part of the Libyan military turnagainst the madman who leads them.

rodfergie

• Trusted Member
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »
It would be my belief that the delayed response to the "no fly zone" wanted in Libya, and the lackadaisical attitude our leaders are showing toward the situation, tells me that we just might want Ghaddafi to remain in power. The lack of action by the USA is a telling sign.   ed

I can't say that I want our government involved at all.  We have "Democracy" supporters, that are backed by the Muslim Brotherhood, who are major supporters of terrorism and destroying the U.S.A.   They are fighting Ghaddafi and supporters who are also major supporters of terrorism and destroying the U.S.A. 

I'm sorry for the innocent people that are getting hurt, in war it's inevitable.  I see this as mostly terrorists killing terrorist, and I am finding it hard to get to worked up about it.

Mubarak was a p.o.s in Eqypt, but he did help keep a lid on the fanatics, and helped our government out in finding the terrorist.

Just my opinion, but I could be wrong.
That's my opinion, but I'm probably wrong. :P

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 06:45:18 PM »
All I know for sure is that this is not good.  Not good at all.  I told my Mother when the demonstations in Egypt started that the middle east would burn before this is all over with and now I hope I am wrong.  So, it seems we are now supporting Al Queda in Libya.  Emmmmm...  This is not going to have a happy ending folks.
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 05:14:10 AM »

Ed I can understand how you felt.  :) A lot of people seem to think Obama won't do anything. Not really
a political debate here, I just feel he does take action he just doesn't blab every move he makes. "U.S. officials have indicated they hope the dictator will be removed quickly by forces currently loyal to him.."
CNN story link farther below. Pres Obama made it clear it is unacceptable and against UN Resolutions to be atttacking innocent civilians just for protesting or other political action. I feel he wants the madman out. He may not be spelling it out...
Not too long after your post the US Govt and other allies went into action. This story below says the 24th is the 6th day of airstrikes so that means it started the 18th. - Yowbarb
Excerpts:
Specifically, the U.N. mandate calls for protecting Libyan rebels and other civilians from attacks by forces loyal to the strongman.

U.S. officials have indicated they hope the dictator will be removed quickly by forces currently loyal to him, though they haven't publicly called for a coup

{Coalition airstrikes enter 6th day   By the CNN Wire Staff
March 24, 2011 7:11 a.m. EDT}

Barb note continued:  "Specifically, the U.N. mandate calls for protecting Libyan rebels and other civilians from attacks by forces loyal to the strongman.

U.S. officials have indicated they hope the dictator will be removed quickly by forces currently loyal to him, though they haven't publicly called for a coup."

IMAGE: Photograph by GORAN TOMASEVIC / REUTERS
Vehicles belonging to forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi explode after an air strike by coalition forces, along a road between Benghazi and Ajdabiyah March 20. (Goran Tomasevic/Reuters)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:19:08 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 05:29:41 AM »
All I know for sure is that this is not good.  Not good at all.  I told my Mother when the demonstations in Egypt started that the middle east would burn before this is all over with and now I hope I am wrong.  So, it seems we are now supporting Al Queda in Libya.  Emmmmm...  This is not going to have a happy ending folks.

We are NOT backing Al Queda.  He doesn't spell out what the exact plan is. Let's hope the madman
gets ousted. Just because a dictator -formerly installed by a former President... gets the boot does not mean we will necessarily have a radical muslim group taking over.  - YB
=============================================================
CNN

Added On March 22, 2011

President Obama talks about Libya objectives during a press conference in Chile. CNN's Shasta Darlington reports.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/03/22/darlington.libya.us.role.cnn

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 05:39:12 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/03/21/libya.civil.war/index.html?hpt=T1
VIDEO ON PAGE

Excerpts:

U.S. official: Gadhafi's momentum stopped   
By the CNN Wire Staff   March 21, 2011 6:00 p.m. EDT

"I assess that our actions to date are generally achieving the intended objectives," said Gen. Carter Ham, commander of U.S. Africa Command. "We think we have been very effective in degrading his ability to control his regime forces."

No Libyan aircraft has been observed operating since the military operations began over the weekend, he said. In addition, air attacks have stopped Libyan ground forces from approaching the eastern rebel stronghold of Benghazi, and some are even turning back from the city, he said.

During the prior 24 hours, he said, U.S. and British forces launched 12 Tomahawk land attack missiles aimed at command-and-control facilities, a Scud surface-to-surface military facility and, in a repeat attack, an air defense site.

Approximately 80 sorties were flown Monday, more than half of them by air forces representing countries other than the United States, he said.

Air forces from France, Spain, Italy, Denmark and Britain flew missions to maintain a no-fly zone over Benghazi, Ham said.

Actions on Monday were focused on extending the no-fly zone to al-Brega, Misrata and then to Tripoli, a distance of about 1,000 kilometers (more than 600 miles).

Canadian and Belgian forces joined coalition forces Monday, he said, and aircraft carriers from Italy and France have added "significant capability" in the region.

The coalition is also deciding who should be in charge of its military operations, Ham said.

Gadhafi's compound attacked
NATO could command the mission, but some Arab nations are hesitant to fly under a NATO banner and that has held up the move, said one official who asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of negotiations.

If Arab nations don't sign on to a NATO mission, the other option would be to create an ad hoc command-and-control structure piece by piece, the defense official said -- but that would take time.

Gadhafi's compound in Tripoli lay in shambles Monday after an attack by the United States and its allies.

Ham said the compound contains a command-and-control facility, which he said coalition forces attacked.

Gadhafi himself has not been targeted and there are no plans to do so, Ham added. In fact, he said, "I could see accomplishing the military mission, which has been assigned to me, and the current leader would remain the current leader."

Ham continued, "I don't think anyone would say that that is ideal. But I could envision that as a possible situation, at least for the current mission that I have."

U.S. President Barack Obama repeated Monday that Gadhafi "needs to go," but he acknowledged the strongman may remain in power for some time because the allied military mission in North Africa has a narrow mandate of protecting innocent civilians.

Obama said he's hopeful that other "tools" the administration has used, such as freezing billions in Libyan assets, will eventually help the Libyan people push Gadhafi out.

A press and information coordinator for rebels in Benghazi said rebel leaders do not want coalition forces to target Gadhafi. That, said Mohammed Fannoush, is the job of the opposition.

He added the opposition has compiled a list of names of Gadhafi loyalists and imprisoned 150 of them in Benghazi for them eventually to stand trial. Some of them, he said, had carried out attacks against their fellow Benghazi residents or were planning to.

Libya's request for an emergency Security Council meeting about the matter was not approved Monday.
[CONINUES] http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/03/21/libya.civil.war/index.html?hpt=T1

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 05:44:28 AM »
This foreign language video gives a look back almost one month when Obama was speaking out against the atrocities of Qaddafi, on the world stage. - YB
===============================================================

International Condemnation of Gadhafi's Atrocities Accelerates CCP's Demise   5:59  Feb 25 2011

ChinaForbiddenNews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPvbuKTy-BE

VillageIdiot

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 01:29:52 PM »
Not sure if this story belongs here...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110324/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

Gaza militants fire rockets deep into Israel
"...JERUSALEM – Palestinian militants in Gaza fired a new wave of rockets that landed deep inside Israel Thursday, defying Israeli retaliatory attacks and threats.

As the violence threatened to escalate the day after a deadly Jerusalem bombing, Israel got a boost from the visiting U.S. defense chief, who said no country could tolerate the "repugnant" attacks on its soil.

Police said Gaza militants fired 10 rockets and mortars toward Israel Thursday, including two rockets that landed north of the city of Ashdod — a first since Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers reached an unofficial truce following a three-week war that ended in January 2009. Israeli airstrikes hit a number of Gaza targets in retaliation throughout the day.

Neither side reported injuries or said they wanted a new fight. But the new hostilities could easily spin out of control, especially if civilian deaths mount.

Wednesday's bombing killed a British tourist, and five members of a Jewish family were slain while they slept in a West Bank settlement earlier this month. Israel has blamed Palestinians for both attacks.

Also this week, Israeli shelling killed three children and their uncle in Gaza. The army said it was targeting militants.

The fighting in Gaza has been the fiercest since Israel went to war there to try to curb years of rocket attacks. The fierce three-week offensive killed some 1,400 Palestinians, including hundreds of civilians. Thirteen Israelis also died. The volatile border has remained largely calm since.

But Israel says Hamas has used the lull to rearm with longer distance rockets that can reach as far as Tel Aviv.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak blamed Hamas for the rocket fire and vowed to strike back.

"Israel will not tolerate these terror attacks and we will not allow terror to rise once again in the region," he said..."
Live long and prosper!