Author Topic: Ruth's Topic Cosmic Mayhem  (Read 3580 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Ruth's Topic Cosmic Mayhem
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 07:15:57 AM »
Have you guys ever seen this video by Dr Sal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFSPWC8TKnk
That's a new one!  So, let's keep in mind this time frame he discusses:  June 14 through August 19, 2016. 

One time I read that in a geomagnetic reversal, we lose our memories.  Would it be permanent?  Temporary? 
Another thing to ponder, eh?
Thanks for posting this.

Ruth

• Global Moderator
  • Trusted Member
Re: Ruth's Topic Cosmic Mayhem - Dr. Sal's Video June - Aug 2016
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 10:51:53 AM »
This video is new to me also. Thank you osu4480 for posting. With all the catastrophes looming the near future is truly "Beyond Belief". It makes one ask "Do I even WANT to survive all that?" 

On the other hand, the prospect of what human kind could accomplish, in service to the species, if we all put our differences aside and worked at the common goal of species survival - what a terrific new world we could create.

I want to hold that vision.

Ruth

• Global Moderator
  • Trusted Member
Re: Ruth's Topic Cosmic Mayhem - Ongoing Mass Extinctions
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 10:21:31 PM »
ELE (Extinction Level Event) Ongoing Current Mass Extinctions
In the article cited below, the authors blame human actions as the cause of current mass extinctions. They have not considered cosmic factors influencing Earth changes. In spite of that their main observations are not only very sobering but brought me to tears.
- The average rate of vertebrate species loss over the last century is up to 100 times higher than the background rate.
- The number of species that have gone extinct in the last century would have taken, depending on the vertebrate taxon, between 800 and 10,000 years to disappear.
- These estimates reveal an exceptionally rapid loss of biodiversity over the last few centuries, indicating that a sixth mass extinction is already under way.

- Averting a dramatic decay of biodiversity and the subsequent loss of ecosystem services is still possible through intensified conservation efforts, but that window of opportunity is rapidly closing.
Source:
http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/1/5/e1400253
RESEARCH ARTICLE
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Science Advances  19 Jun 2015:
Vol. 1, no. 5, e1400253
DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.1400253
Accelerated modern human–induced species losses: Entering the sixth mass extinction: Abstract and link to the full text. By Gerardo Ceballos, et al.