Author Topic: Native American Survivor Stories - update?  (Read 589 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Native American Survivor Stories - update?
« on: September 04, 2016, 10:55:14 PM »
I care, i'm interested, but i'm not reading through 35 forum pages to get to the gist of it... Life is too short.

Can someone who can (read through it all) collect all) work through this stuff and post it here?

First page: monolithic domes; i can do you one better; strawbale housing has taught me that one can build a dome with 'bricks' of tied-together dried organic material. Than you build 'like an igloo' to create a dome.
If you don't know about the benefits of straw bale building you don't have the pegs;
If you don't know about the benefits of dome building you don't have the pegs;
There is dead organic material in desert climes; it may not be much compared to more moderate climes, but if you can fashion rope out of grass, you can tie it together to make some kind of 'organic bricks'. Hey, the oldest straw bale building is over a century old!
At a straw bale workshop we put up a straw bale dome in 20 minutes to keep us safe from sun and heat. Add strawbale to 'dome' and a world of comfort opens up.

What other valuables does this (over-sized) thread hold...?
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Native American Survivor Stories - update?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 10:32:30 PM »
What other valuables does this (over-sized) thread hold...?

Socrates: What over sized thread are you referring to? Native American Survival Stories -
or the Board, Ways of Our Past?

We do not consider Topics here "oversized."  They are an accumulation of ideas, info,
which don't really expire. People browse through them, print them out.
Sure, your Topic can be here in Ways of the past, since it relates to that, or next to the many posts already existing about strawbale structures...in other Boards. Feel free to give specifics about the strawbale building, since you personally have done that.  Also, we have the video Topic about survival structures. I have yet to see very good videos on it so if you know of some, please post we welcome your experience on that type of building.