Author Topic: COPD - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease  (Read 1085 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
COPD - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
« on: September 10, 2016, 10:04:33 AM »
Starting with this video trailer about Leonard Nimoy's battle with COPD- documentary due to be released in November - :

Leonard Nimoy's Deadly Disease Focus of New Documentary Trailer
By Elizabeth Howell, Space.com Contributor | September 6, 2016 04:57pm ET

http://www.space.com/33979-leonard-nimoy-disease-highly-illogical-documentary-trailer.html

Excerpts: The trailer shows family members repeating Nimoy's reassurance after the paparazzi released photos of him in the wheelchair. At the time, Nimoy urged his loved ones not to be scared. Then he spoke with journalist Piers Morgan publicly about the disease for the first time, in a live television interview.

"I quit [smoking] a long time ago," Nimoy said to Morgan in a clip shown in the trailer. "Why is this happening to me?"

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: COPD - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 10:29:19 AM »
Yowbarb Note: There are paperbacks on Amazon for as little as 10 bucks. I for one am going to buy it and see what  can be done.
I will be posting screen shots of this blog...meanwhile the link and a few excerpts:

http://reverseemphysemacopd.blogspot.com/  How I Reversed My Mom's Emphysema

SUNDAY, MAY 3, 2015  W.G. Miller
An actual account of my mother's struggles and ongoing recovery from emphysema/COPD. After realizing the medical industry had absolutely no viable answers or cures for this disease, I began a 4 year, 6500 hour research sabbatical to try and save her life even though her doctors said it was futile and actually, almost miraculously, reversed her emphysema. You won't believe what I found!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:45:01 PM »
Yowbarb Note: Some simple tips, including a video on breathing exercises, from Dr. Axe.

https://draxe.com/copd-symptoms/   Top 10 Ways to Treat COPD Symptoms Naturally

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 05:31:35 PM »
Extremely fascinating, as that's basically what killed my dad.  (Besides smoking for decades!)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 05:52:00 AM »
Extremely fascinating, as that's basically what killed my dad.  (Besides smoking for decades!)

I'm really sorry to hear that...
It happens so often.
I remember my old Grandma Vina. She smoked on off throughout the day, finally perished from a stroke, not lung cancer or lung disease, and she was 94 years old.
She had her "marbles" until that last couple years of her life... She was still taking Greyhound busses cross country to visit us until age 80. She went up to "Wild Acres" about 9,000 feet and camped by herself, sometime in her 80s. (She homesteaded the land.)
I wonder if the cigs were better in those days...
Cigs are really bad for me, I know... last time I lit up was 1987 and had quit before that... when i lit up in 1987 was just smoking with a buddy, bumming a couple of her Sherman cigs.
Note: I quit for years at a time. Every time I was pregnant, then nursing I quit. Five kids, and I nursed them a long time. I would quit then suddenly smoke again, but not chain smoking all day.

Many years ago, my oldest bro loaned me a book called, "Sugar Blues," and in that book they discussed American Cigarettes versus foreign ones. Cancer rates in US versus in other countries.
In many third world countries people smoke a lot (they work a lot but on breaks they smoke.) But the cancer rate is not as high.
The book resented the theory that American cigs have lots of toxins in the papers and also sugar is added.
Well, that just popped into my mind.
I also know COPD is not always caused by smoking... Some people have a genetic predisposition to inflammation, immune problems... That said, smoking does not help...
Second-hand smoke very bad especially for people with asthma and COPD...

Another tidbit, African American little kids are more at risk for lung disease. African Americans are more sensitive to environmental pollution, I feel. City pollution, airport pollution, cockroaches in house, common in cities...
I think I do carry the African genes... I notice I am far more sensitive to things than my kids...I think my paternal Grandfather had the genes...
It is possible African Americans, Native Americans just more at risk for modern, urban pollutants. Oh yeah, GMO too.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:04:23 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 06:00:47 AM »
Well that last post of mine was sort of a hodgepodge - I hope it helps someone.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 06:05:12 AM »
I have some close family members who seem hopelessly addicted to smoking... Very disheartening...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 03:59:02 PM »

Many years ago, my oldest bro loaned me a book called, "Sugar Blues," and in that book they discussed American Cigarettes versus foreign ones. Cancer rates in US versus in other countries.
In many third world countries people smoke a lot (they work a lot but on breaks they smoke.) But the cancer rate is not as high.
The book resented the theory that American cigs have lots of toxins in the papers and also sugar is added.
Well, that just popped into my mind.
I also know COPD is not always caused by smoking... Some people have a genetic predisposition to inflammation, immune problems... That said, smoking does not help...
Second-hand smoke very bad especially for people with asthma and COPD...

Another tidbit, African American little kids are more at risk for lung disease. African Americans are more sensitive to environmental pollution, I feel. City pollution, airport pollution, cockroaches in house, common in cities...
I think I do carry the African genes... I notice I am far more sensitive to things than my kids...I think my paternal Grandfather had the genes...
It is possible African Americans, Native Americans just more at risk for modern, urban pollutants. Oh yeah, GMO too.
Cigarettes' ingredients have changed over the years, in the manner that food ingredients have.  I researched this topic a few years ago and IIRC there are up to 500 ingredients added to cigarettes, primarily to the tobacco, but possibly to the paper or filter as well.  Some of the ingredients are aspartame (Nutrisweet), formaldehyde, etc.  Once I read the list, it dawned on me that these toxins are being placed there to poison people even more, as if tobacco grown with pesticide isn't enough.  As a teenager, I remember smoking Kent "with the Micronite filter".  I found out decades later that the "Micronite filter" was asbestos!  Serves me right.

As as for "African genes", we all carry them to one extent or another.  We're all Black when you think about it.  Humans came out of Africa.  Since "race" is a human mental construct, and is not based on any sum total of genes that can identify an individual as "Black" or "White", etc., and since there are more differences among people of a given "race", than there are differences between the so-called races, it is easy see how any of us might carry "African genes", as easy as it is to see how a Black person can carry so-called "white genes". 

I, too, seem to have propensity for lung ailments, but of course my own smoking didn't help!

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 08:31:31 PM »
Humans came out of Africa.
  That is an old assumption that is currently being questioned.

Over the eons, Earth was visited and colonized by several ET races, and traces of their DNA remain in humans now.  According to some Internet sources, the differentiating genes of the different races of humans came from different star systems.

See "Ufologist ‘confirms with scientific evidence’ that extraterrestrials lived with humans on Earth" at http://www.ascensionwithearth.com/2017/07/ufologist-confirms-with-scientific.html  dated July 19, 2017.

Ah, here we are.  See "What they’re not telling us About Human Evolution? Humans Didn't Evolve ALONGSIDE Other Lifeforms" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1vmDyrRi2U  Dated  July 20, 2017   Duration 7:51
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:07:52 PM by Jimfarmer »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 05:55:42 PM »
Humans came out of Africa.
  That is an old assumption that is currently being questioned.

Over the eons, Earth was visited and colonized by several ET races, and traces of their DNA remain in humans now.  According to some Internet sources, the differentiating genes of the different races of humans came from different star systems.

See "Ufologist ‘confirms with scientific evidence’ that extraterrestrials lived with humans on Earth" at http://www.ascensionwithearth.com/2017/07/ufologist-confirms-with-scientific.html  dated July 19, 2017.

Ah, here we are.  See "What they’re not telling us About Human Evolution? Humans Didn't Evolve ALONGSIDE Other Lifeforms" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1vmDyrRi2U  Dated  July 20, 2017   Duration 7:51
Actually I agree with the influence on/in our genetic heritage by "alien" beings, having read seveal of Zechariah Sitchin's books, as well as Michael Tellinger's equally revolutionary books.  But if we want to dismiss all of that, we can say that we "came out of Africa".

I have a book called "The Science of the Dogon" which is about a group of people, obviously called the Dogon, who live somewhere in Africa, and who have always claimed that they came from a "double star system", pointing up to a particular place in the night sky.  (I cannot recall exactly where they pointed, i.e., which constellation)  Anyway, they have always claimed that, and the so-called sophisticated white folks with degrees behind their names, brushed them off as silly natives, or whatever.  But in 1929, with a more modern technology available, scientists did finally learn that the twin-sun star system did exist, whereas previously it had always been "known" to be one solitary sun/star.  It was only then that a bit of attention was paid to the claims of the Dogon, who had a lot more to say besides that claim.

So it is probably more correct to say one of our earlier steps was in passing through Africa for many years, but prior to that, there are beings who are reported to have played a role in the genetic engineering/hybridizing of what they found here, with what they brought (themselves).

And I think the main point I was wanting to throw out there is that it is unlikely that any "white" people can claim they share no genes with "black" people.