Author Topic: CIVILISATION REBOOT priorties  (Read 2857 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
CIVILISATION REBOOT priorties
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:35:36 PM »
In Isaac Asimov's classic Foundation Trilogy galactic society is headed for an implosion that is predicted / calculated by one scientist who then argues for the establishment of an island of sorts of technological sophistication that might survive outside galactic society and form the seed of a new one. In this way 10,000 years of barbarism might be limited to just 1,000 before a new galactic society comes into being.

I think Asimov's premise seems quite prescient of mankind's own situation; just 12,000 years ago mankind came out of the stone age. Why were we there in the first place?! Well, many scientific disciplines (independently of each other) point to terrible global destruction every 13,000 / 12,000 / 11,500 years.
Okay, so first off, what's with the vague dates?, one might ask. The only halfway-decent answer to that i've ever heard came from this interview with Robert Felix about the ice age we just entered into. At some point he mentions that the numbers depend on your viewpoint; are you considering things from a galactic or planetary perspective? 13,000 years from one perspective might actually be experienced as 11,500 years from another.
In the end, i hear different numbers from various sources, even from different sources i find convincing / i respect. One such source argues convincingly that Nibiru's orbit should be read as 2148 years, which would mean that it comes by the Earth 6 times every 13,000 [12,888] years. In that scenario every 3rd passage leads to a global reset and 2/3 just lead to global 'disturbance', whilst half the time Nibiru passes through the solar system on the other side of the Sun and doesn't effect the Earth that much at all.
If one takes the view that Nibiru actually comes by every 3500 years [i.e. lunar years and not solar years, putting another take on Sitchin's "3600" number], that means that every 3rd time it comes by in 13,000 years it creates existential havoc.

I guess the point is that not every time Nibiru comes by we are thrown into a stone age; sometimes Nibiru's passing just leads to 'dark times' and the destruction of complacent empires... But about one-in-three times Nibiru passes by the Earth so closely that things get truly iffy and few people survive it (even when they are off-grid, leading very basic lives).

Where am i going with all this?
If we are headed for a 'civilisation reboot' [listen; modern culture could hardly (truly) be deemed 'civilized', so i use the term with some trepidation; i say we should yearn for true civilisation and therefore be about establishing it, not rebooting it], what are we talking about?
If we are to head for the stars [as Mr. Masters puts it], this will take a while (which brings to mind the 1,000 years of barbarism mentioned in Asimov's Foundation). On the other hand, after the previous global cataclysm it took mankind 12,000 years to even start heading out into space. What if that number could be reduced to one millennia? On the one hand that seems like a long time, on the other it's a hell of a lot shorter than 12,000!

So. What will it take?
I believe there are a few KEY factors that set mankind back during the past 12,000 years and that if the survivors of what is to come just keep those in mind [religiously...], mankind will (relatively) shortly crawl it's way out of the barbarism / stone age that results from Nibiru's next passage.
Based on my life's work of research into everything... I offer you the following building blocks:
- treat babies like 'God', treat toddlers (and pregnant women) like royalty
- practice 'The Billings Method' to not only postpone pregnancy but also to determine gender
- electricity, (knowledge of) the periodic table of the elements and global travel are what have lead to our current sophisticated culture

The human mind is easily perverted during the first (2) years of development. If you actually manage to safeguard the minds of infants, you've just about saved the world! Babies that grow up safe will grow to be adults who are intelligent, sane and courageous. That is the opposite of modern culture that is stupid, insane and fear-based!
The foundation is lain during infancy. THIS IS WHAT THE SCIENCE POINTS TO.

If you take ONE THING into the next world, let is be this: love your children unconditionally, BUT ESPECIALLY, treat infants with the care, love and reverence they need and deserve. The mind is a great but fragile thing and when you allow infants to develop in an environment that is cruel and unsafe, you are laying the groundwork for a society with individuals who base their lives on cruelty and paranoia.

If you take nothing but this into the brave new world we are about to embark on, you and yours [including future generations] will be fine.
Furthermore the matter of diet is crucial, for the brain (organ) has specific needs and minerally deficient folk cannot think as clearly as healthy folk can.
The bonobo are a kind of chimpansee that are loving and peaceful; their chimpansee cousins are belligerent and authoritarian [live in a hierarchal society]. The main difference between the 2 seems to stem from the fact that chimps have to compete with gorillas for food whereas bonobos are the dominant species where they live and they have enough. So let that be a lesson to you: if mankind is lacking resources, it will devolve into strife. Therefore the basic principles of how to grow food are also essential to establishing a human civilisation. So don't cut down trees (unless while you're establishing a food forest) and practice mature animal husbandry.

After a few thousand years these seem to be the lessons we have learned. Of course they are not the lessons taught by the authoritarian forces that rule over society today! They are what individuals who survive what's coming should keep in mind.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:30:27 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Determining gender of a child before conception
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 12:23:06 AM »
I didn't get into it above (since the post was already uncomfortably long...) but here is how one determines the sex of one's child-to-be:

from The Billings Method of Natural Family Planning, page 70:
Can the Ovulation Method be used to influence the sex of a baby?
The scientific evidence on this is controversial.
Some users say that intercourse early in the development of fertile-type mucus with no other coitus during that cycle - tends to result in a girl; while intercourse confined to the day of Peak fertility tends to result in a boy.
A recent study in Nigeria appears to confirm this tendency. This study was based on the theory that a single act of intercouse at the Peak would result in a boy; whilst intercourse around the time of the mucus change before the Peak, with no further intercourse until after the fertile phase was over, would result in a girl.
According to the study co-ordinator, Dr. (Sr) Leonie McSweeney:
Success in pre-selection of a boy was achieved by 310 couples; failure in pre-selection of a boy occurred in 4 couples. Success in pre-selection of a girl was achieved in 90 couples; failure in pre-selection of a girl occurred in 2 couples.

According to Atom Bergstrom: Iron and magnesium are necessary for the sperm and ovum to unite. Eat calcium to produce a male child, and potassium to produce a female child
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: CIVILISATION REBOOT priorties
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 12:23:27 AM »
Really interesting Topic, Socrates!

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Babies vs toddlers
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 11:09:05 AM »
Please, all survivors, be clear on this one point: the science points to the importance of how BABIES (/infants) are treated, i.e. this is NOT about how CHILDREN are treated. I mean, or course you should also treat toddlers and children of other ages well, but the biggest difference is made during infancy!

People who seem to be enthousiastic about Alice Miller's life's work you see constantly talking about how we should all be treating CHILDREN better, i.e. they're talking about toddlers and older children. HOWEVER, that is not what Alice Miller's books point to!
I mean, if you're going to ignore infants, why the hell bother with her decades of work at all?!

During the first 2 years of life the brain doubles in size and ALSO the foundation for neural connections is lain down UPON WHICH ALL NEURAL CONNECTIONS OF THE BRAIN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE will be established.
Modern culture, however, treats babies like so much livestock; Well, they can't think or remember anything so who cares?, seems to be about the way society views infants. Common sense and research, however, suggest something totally different; that what infants/babies experience NEVER DISAPPEARS and will remain in a person's subconscious for the rest of their life particularly BECAUSE it cannot be accessed by either the emotional or cerebral mind!

So, just so you know exactly what i'm talking about:
BABY: first 6 months
TODDLER: 6 months to first 2 years

Gandhi said it: A culture will be judged by how it treats the innocent; he was talking about animals, yes, but just as well he was talking about human infants.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:24:54 AM by Socrates »
survival database

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
'Brave new world' priorities
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »
So, you are the sole survivor of the apocalypse... [there will be a handful of survivors on other continents but not many folks where you happen to make it]. What do you do?
What are your priorities?

I say your main focus should be about CONQUERING THE EARTH. Why do i say that? Well, assuming you have learned a few things about what went wrong these past 12,000 years, the last thing mankind wants is that the cannibals and zombies who made it through the apocalypse by accident get to decide what mankind's future will be like...

YOU HAVE REAL ENEMIES.
I know, i know... You're really a peace-loving soul who has no qualms with anyone. But, hey, didn't Jesus have enemies...? Whose fault was that? His?
Obviously not; Jesus had enemies because there are always those tormented souls around who live to die, whose lives are ruled by paranoia, trauma and jealousy.

You do well not to make little of this. One lesson i learned in rural La Gomera had to do with a neighboring property that was bought up and 'disturbed' for the first time in generations. Suddenly there was this ghost waking us up in the middle of the night digging in the dirt; we distinctly heard someone or something [...] shoveling somewhere below the house where we were staying. Like 2 in the morning. Every night...

I looked it up, how to deal with ghosts, but let it be for a while. Then, i started having dreams in which some entity was accosting me and i would wake up. Until, one night, i was attacked by said entity in my dream and when i woke up i actually still felt the pain in my chest that had happened to me in my dream!
This is when i decided enough is enough; i practiced what i had learned about dealing with ghosts and sent this entity off to the light.

You should understand: you have to deal with such entities. They are not neutral. They are always a problem.
In a similar fashion people who are dominated by fear, paranoia and obsession are always a problem. You can be all live-and-let-live but THEY won't! They can't let others live and let live; it's part of their trauma. They will hunt you down and kill you; not because that makes sense or because you form some form of realistic threat, but because they have lost all sense of reality and humanity and live by incentives that sane folk usually have no idea about.

Your priority, therefore, in part lies with ridding mankind of this inhuman threat. Not because you hold a grudge or because you are intolerant, but because you understand that if said inhuman threat is allowed to fester and grow, we end up with a global society much like our own, one that is inherently suicidal, destructive and cut-throat.

How does one achieve as much? I have already revealed this: you make sure BABIES are treated well. In that way you ensure that your own offspring grow up to be sane, intelligent and empathetic [in other words: human], but your interests should also come to involve the offspring of other societies in the world. You don't have to defeat anybody on any battlefield if you can save the babies in other societies from the trauma that leads them to be capable of insanity, paranoia and stupidity. And that's all about the conditioning that takes place during infancy.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:13:47 AM by Socrates »
survival database

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Civilisation reboot PRACTICAL priorties
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 10:12:39 AM »
CONCRETE; don't make little of this. After the Romans where defeated and their knowledge of how to make cement was lost, it took Europe 1500 years [!] to reinvent the stuff.
Now, concrete is simple enough but even simpler is hempcrete. So here are both recipes:
CEMENT: shale and limestone are found just about everywhere. Cement is powdered shale and limestone at a ratio of 20 to 80%; roast at very high temperatures and then powder again.
HEMPCRETE: harvest hemp and take the fibers OUT of it, leaving the 'hurd', the inner part. When this is combined with quicklime [roasted limestone] the combination petrifies to make a concrete-like substance that is as strong as concrete but much lighter. As well, since limestone is a relatively soft rock, hempcrete requires much less effort to make than cement [create quicklime by burning limestone with coal, then add water].

GUNPOWDER. Okay, i can already hear the pacifists moaning...: Nooo...!
How are you going to blow up rocks to make tunnels and roads? Yeah...: gunpowder.
Listen, we could go into making nitroglycerine or ANFO but gunpowder is way easier.
Also, you may be thinking: Roads? Where we're going we don't NEED roads..., but COMMUNICATION is one of the pillars of civilisation [together with organisation and information]; you have to connect with others and roads, tunnels and level pathways are a main part of this. So; gunpowder. Slightly more complicated than making concrete.
15 parts saltpetre, 3 parts carbon and 2 parts sulphur.
SALTPETRE: Google it. Most farms used to produce it by governmental decree
CARBON is wood that's been burned without enough oxygen; use hardwoods.
SULPHUR is found near volcanoes; it's that yellow stuff. Yeah, harder to come by but worth it.

GLASS. Hey, what's life without glass? Ironically, it took like millennia to make though the ingredients can be found on any seashore:
- 63% sand [silica]
- 26% lime [roasted limestone or seashells]
- 11% sodium [roasted, quenched, then evaporated from seaweed]
Of course there are many other recipes for glass, involving such things as lead. Did you know people in the Old West would take their windows with them and build a house around them?

SOAP. Arabs first made hard soap but in Europe they were fooling around with liquid soap or no soap at all until they embraced the Arab protocol.
There a number of ways to make (hard) soap; usually it's about some kind of oil [like lard you get from your slaughtered pig] in which some alkaline medium is introduced [like the potash you get from a wholly consumed hardwood fire]. Add some salt.
Look it up; you wanna live without soap?
survival database

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: Cement & Concrete
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 12:35:00 AM »
Btw, most folks when they think of cement just think about buying a bag of Portland cement.
A few things you should realize, though:
- it's made in 60-meter long rotating roasting ovens at high temperatures; in other words: we're not talking processes that are easily duplicated by basic tech or by individuals.
- cement is relatively cheap; i bought a big bag for 3 euros on La Gomera [i.e. heavy stuff that has to be hauled to the island from the continent and travel for 3 days before it gets there].
- concrete can harden in a matter of days; yes, it will take longer to cure properly but you'll be in business quickly

There are many recipes for concrete but here's the one i go by, mainly because it's easy to remember:
- 1 part cement
- 2 parts sand
- 4 parts gravel/rock

It should also be understood that though there are these superstrong concretes around, one can get the same result by simply using more of regular strength concretes. The superstrong types are about saving space, time and money during construction. You don't need them per se.

You don't need too much cement to do loads of work since you're mixing it with sand and rocks anyway. A little bit can go quite a long way. But since it will become practically impossible to acquire after TSHTF, it would be a good idea to stash a bunch of cement somewhere dry. Yeah, cause if you let it get wet it will just cure and you'll be left with a bag-shaped rock. Since this stuff is only a few bucks per bag but can be used to create life-giving things like dams and waterways*, if i had the resources, i would consider piling up some pallets of the stuff somewhere. It's cheap, if dry it will keep indefinitely and it's value in a bad future will be through the roof.
* Cement can be used for many valuable things, depending on knowledge and imagination. Basically, whenever it is usefull to be able to POUR rock into some particular shape, you'll be happy you have some.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:01:18 AM by Socrates »
survival database

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 04:20:16 PM »

. I offer you the following building blocks:
- treat babies like 'God', treat toddlers (and pregnant women) like royalty
- practice 'The Billings Method' to not only postpone pregnancy but also to determine gender
- electricity, (knowledge of) the periodic table of the elements and global travel are what have lead to our current sophisticated culture

The human mind is easily perverted during the first (2) years of development. If you actually manage to safeguard the minds of infants, you've just about saved the world! Babies that grow up safe will grow to be adults who are intelligent, sane and courageous. That is the opposite of modern culture that is stupid, insane and fear-based!
The foundation is lain during infancy. THIS IS WHAT THE SCIENCE POINTS TO.

If you take ONE THING into the next world, let is be this: love your children unconditionally, BUT ESPECIALLY, treat infants with the care, love and reverence they need and deserve. The mind is a great but fragile thing and when you allow infants to develop in an environment that is cruel and unsafe, you are laying the groundwork for a society with individuals who base their lives on cruelty and paranoia.

After a few thousand years these seem to be the lessons we have learned. Of course they are not the lessons taught by the authoritarian forces that rule over society today! They are what individuals who survive what's coming should keep in mind.
Many good points, and I'm just concentrating here on the infants and children part.  I could not agree more.  We in our supposedly civilized world have degraded the environment in which infants and children are immersed from day one, even moment one of their lives, all the way to adulthood.  But as you mentioned, the earliest part of their lives is the most crucial, in order to give them a proper beginning.

Scientific research has shown that their brain's neural connections are seemingly somewhat random at birth, and depend on environmental stimuli for guidance in how to develop.  It has been shown that true damage can be done/is done when infants and children up to two or even older can occur when they are allowed to watch TV.  Those patterns, flashing and loud, noxious and fake, and I might add two-dimensional, are of no help in guiding the development of a child's brain and mind to its true potential.   I see children and grandchildren of friends and constantly cringe to learn of their avid TV habits.  Well, I'll get off the soapbox and maybe at least one new parent or prospective parent reads this, then does a bit of research on their own.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 10:49:38 PM »
Scientific research has shown that their brain's neural connections are seemingly somewhat random at birth, and depend on environmental stimuli for guidance in how to develop.  It has been shown that true damage can be done/is done when infants and children up to two or even older can occur when they are allowed to watch TV.
Just to be clear, the kind of trauma Alice Miller covers in her books (/life's work) has to do with how traumatized parents pass on the conditioning they themselves received as infants through practices, habits and choices that make babies cry. People commonly just wait for their baby to start crying instead of PREVENTING that from happening.
If an adult is crying many times a day, you send him to the funny farm; if a baby is forced to so suffer that it's crying many times a day, this is commonly referred to as infancy...

I see all around me how people treat babies and in my eyes they treat them like sh!t. That has nothing to do with TV; it's about even much more basic things like
- temperature; is the baby too hot or too cold? [Wet diapers!]
- food; is the baby hungry or thirsty [keeping in mind that they feed 10 - 12 x /day]
- touch; is the baby experiencing physical contact and the reassuring presense of others?
- sleep; is it allowed it's own sleep rhythms or is it time for a nap?

At my son's bedtime i would lie down with him in the dark until he fell asleep. Then i would get back up and he would be fine sleeping alone (though he would not wake up alone the next morning); but many people torture both themselves and their baby by putting them down alone to cry themselves to sleep. Not falling into sleep peacefully but from the exhaustion of crying...
There are 2 very different worlds/realities when it comes to caring for babies and most people are negligent in taking care of a baby's needs. Often they rationalize such choices from some misconceived assumption that a baby can or should be conditioned. But whatever the reasons for abusing babies by not catering to their specific requirements, the end result is the authoritarian trauma of a baby who shuts off it's feelings in order to survive the hell that is it's reality. And those conditionings are what bring about adults later in life who live from fear, paranoia and an obsession with savior-figures who will supposedly save them from their victim attitudes.
survival database

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 04:30:12 PM »
I see all around me how people treat babies and in my eyes they treat them like sh!t. That has nothing to do with TV; it's about even much more basic things like
- temperature; is the baby too hot or too cold? [Wet diapers!]
- food; is the baby hungry or thirsty [keeping in mind that they feed 10 - 12 x /day]
- touch; is the baby experiencing physical contact and the reassuring presense of others?
- sleep; is it allowed it's own sleep rhythms or is it time for a nap?

There are 2 very different worlds/realities when it comes to caring for babies and most people are negligent in taking care of a baby's needs.
It is true many people do not treat their babies in a manner that guides and nurtures them well.   It is also true that watching TV by the child from infancy through about two years of age can be harmful to their brain and mind development. 

The following article IMHO downplayed the effect a bit, but did at least acknowledge the potential for damage, while not mentioning the actual derangement of neural circuits that should be forming naturally, as they might without the influence of TV watching.  Research by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
https://www.wired.com/2011/10/infant-tv-guidelines/
IT'S OFFICIAL:  TO PROTECT BABY'S BRAIN, TURN OFF TV

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: TV and babies
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 08:02:04 PM »
Also important during pregnancy you shouldn't even have a TV on. When my (now ex-)wife was pregnant with our daughter we took the TV from the living room. She said she imagined blue arrows attacking her and the baby while it was on.
(Unfortunately this didn't save my daughter from losing her father because of the traumas of her mother, which she likely passed on to my daughter.)

Hitler, however, never saw TV. I don't know what kind of damage happens to babies from being in the same room as a TV [sic], but i do know what happens for lack of iodine or for lack of proper care.
The TV thing is a moot point regarding this thread, anyway, since having a working TV set is not going to be among your luxury problems after TSHTF.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:50:13 PM by Socrates »
survival database

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: TV and babies
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 05:32:22 PM »
Also important during pregnancy you shouldn't even have a TV on. When my (now ex-)wife was pregnant with our daughter we took the TV from the living room. She said she imagined blue arrows attacking her and the baby while it was on.
(Unfortunately this didn't save my daughter from losing her father because of the traumas of her mother, which she likely passed on to my daughter.)

Hitler, however, never saw TV. I don't know what kind of damage happens to babies from being in the same room as a TV [sic], but i do know what happens for lack of iodine or for lack of proper care.
The TV thing is a moot point regarding this thread, anyway, since having a working TV set is not going to be among your luxury problems after TSHTF.
It sounds like your ex-wife is empathic or psychic or whatever terminology we want to use.   It seems the information about those high-frequency waves bombarding her and infant were received symbolically as blue arrows.  Very interesting and good that she heeded her warnings.

Losing the ability to watch TV might be one of the best things to happen to humanity!

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Pregnancy
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 01:01:08 AM »
Wonderful short video on the female reproductive cycle (and how to use it to avoid pregnancy) here.

In James Michener's classic novel Hawaii he tells the tale of refugees from Tahiti reaching the (still virgin) Hawaiian islands but feeling terribly lost for having no children among them. They even go all the way back to Tahiti mainly for this reason.

It is good for a community to have babies and children, for we are social animals by nature and require such interactions for our mental health and stability. Having said that, that last thing you want in situations of need is a baby boom.

Too many modern folk have relied on pharmaceutical assistance [if you can call it that] to avoid pregnancy, but to be very blunt and clear: sex is a natural and healthy part of human interactions and requiring people to do without to avoid pregnancy causes more problems than it solves.
This introduction to the Billings Method states that people who practice it have a divorce rate of a mere 5% [as opposed to 50 to 66% on average]. Sex is important in relationships, no matter how culturally incorrect such facts are. Hell, just look at the Bonobo (chimpanzee), our closest genetic relatives in the wild; they have sex all day long [compare that to people who are lucky to have sex a couple of times a week...].

The last thing you want in a survival situation is stress that can easily be avoided. That includes both babies the community is not able to support as well as forced abstinence.
Even if you do not practice the Billings Method today, you should at least know how it works. (Hey, it isn't complicated.) It may save your (community's) sanity one day.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:49:04 AM by Socrates »
survival database

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 05:25:20 AM »
The Foundation Trilogy is probably the best sci-fi series of all time, I just reread it myself again a few months ago..

In Isaac Asimov's classic Foundation Trilogy galactic society is headed for an implosion that is predicted / calculated by one scientist who then argues for the establishment of an island of sorts of technological sophistication that might survive outside galactic society and form the seed of a new one. In this way 10,000 years of barbarism might be limited to just 1,000 before a new galactic society comes into being.

In the series the benevolent “Second Foundation” was there looking out for and guiding humanities future events as they unfolded..

Unfortunately today there is a _real_ Second Foundation that does not have human kinds best interests  at all in the future:

Reptilian Aliens Helped Germans Establish Space Program in Antarctica:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA_c4xxtAHM

William Tompkins and the secret space program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_kcrjhfkIA

Max.

"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: Foundation trilogy
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 10:14:49 AM »
Of course the Foundation Trilogy is fiction... There are multiple intelligent species on and in the Earth and it's not just us humans like in the Foundation reality. Mankind's enemies seem interested in keeping us at an adolescent stage of culture that is inherently vulnerable to self-destruction as well as cosmic destruction.
Indeed, it is good to be clear that there are conscious intentions opposing us, not just random challenges.
survival database