Author Topic: Multiple Myeloma  (Read 1125 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Multiple Myeloma
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 10:49:39 PM »
Lots of interesting stuff posted on silica, and then on D.E.

Another source of silica is horsetail (Equisetum hymenale), although I don't know if the amount contained therein is as easily assimilable as that in DE.  One thing about horsetail is that it must be boiled about 20-30 minutes (a decoction) before ingesting as the boiling will deactivate a thiaminase enzyme which would otherwise destroy thiamine.

A number of people I've known who had Multiple Myeloma were Viet Nam vets with exposure to Agent Orange.  Thank you, Monsanto.

ilinda - thanks for bringing out that connection... Agent Orange and multiple myeloma...
How old were the Vets when they were diagnosed with multiple myeloma?
I don't know how old when diagnosed, as most of them I did not know when they first return from Nam.  The most recent was about 10 years ago, and he had it for several years.  My recollection says that it seems to be slower than some.

Oh, I remembered something very important.  Our friend, Leon Ebert, the one who died about 10 years ago, told us that when he went to VA hospital for his chemo treatments, it would be in a big "ward" with many beds, and he said every one of them were Multiple Myeloma patients, and they were all Nam vets exposed to Agent Orange, and all getting the same treatments.  Leon was also Nam vet.

Thanks for the info...
sad... I hope there was a huge class action lawsuit for the surviving spouses and family.
I seem to remember hearing that.