Author Topic: Respiratory conditions - colds, flu, bronchitis, pleurisy, asthma, COPD, etc.  (Read 891 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Yes, PLS be careful when testing the gas mask... 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Can you let me know if you feel this is a good reference:

Great stuff Barb! 

One thought on any published book on herbs: With the help of the Internet, we now have nearly instantaneous access to international clinical trial results, especially through the NIH website.  So we might want to check the publication date on any printed volume on herbal medicine, and then see what clinical trials have been completed and published for peer review in the meantime on whatever it is that we're looking up.  The allopathic medical community takes more interest in some herbs than others, and significant changes in the knowledge base about a particular herb's medicinal properties can occur in a short time.  For example, there can be newer clinical findings that reverse old findings, or shed new light on them, such as newer dosage recommendations, contraindications, and so forth.

That being said, when the power grid goes down and we no longer have an Internet, the printed volumes will be priceless.  Those who may be called upon to "practice medicine without a license," which could potentially be anyone who survives into the Aftertime, may at least want to stay abreast, while it's still possible, of newer findings on certain key herbs that they might expect to work with.  :)
Good points.  Those interested in herbal and other traditional heal(th) methods are probably subconsciously working toward that goal.  I have dried some foxglove leaves this year and have a good batch of milk thistle beginning to flower, hopefully for seeds.  A little bit at a time each week or so is all it takes to amass a nice stash of helpful items.

It's good to get feedback on that reference.
[ https://theherbalacademy.com/herbal-decoction/   ]

So glad it seems useful...

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
A highly-rated reference:
Medical Herbalism: The Science Principles and Practices Of Herbal Medicine Hardcover – October 24, 2003
by David Hoffmann

Barb, I took an even closer look at this on Amazon, and it looks like a "must have" book!  I like learning the nitty-gritty about the chemical structure of herbs and why they work the way they do.