Author Topic: why the UK?  (Read 5176 times)

Kimmy26

why the UK?
« on: June 23, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »
Hello there everyone, havent posted anything on here for quite sometime, have been still keeping up with the posts though. Was reading the article on crop circles on the website, and was wondering what was so unique about the UK that the bulk of crop circles are done there?  I know there have been cases in other countries, whether they are of unknown origin or man-made, I do not know. Anywho, look forward to hearing from all of you :) 

Kim

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
Re: why the UK?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 06:07:10 PM »
They apparently originated in England. But, here you go;

There are many who are under the impression that crop circles are only indigenous to the U.K. Sure, they are more prevalent here than elsewhere in the world, but there are countless examples of them appearing all over the world - in the USA from 1920, in Europe from the mid 20th century and in Africa, Canada, Australia, Central & Southern America, Russia in 1970, and Japan in the late 70

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 07:01:20 PM »
I have my own opinion about why the Circles are so abundant in England.  The makers are apparently sensitive to the responses (emotional, psychological and physical) of the people who interact with them through the circles. In England, a great number of followers, photographers, and people who spend countless hours trying to decipher the messages create the kind of audience the makers need. They continue to create ever more elaborate and detailed formations, according to the "receivers" who study their work and produce feedback.  In most other countries, the formations are either ignored, feared, or misunderstood, and very little press or feedback is generated.  Freddy Silva and a number of other students of the formations have written books and produced information about the 10,000+ formations that have been catalogued since the 1970s.  In summary, I believe it's the voluminous feedback generated in England that make it a fertile arena for the makers to continue striving to communicate with us.

augonit

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »
I think they started in England too, because I've seen something about a "mowing devil" from a type of newspaper from the 1700's I believe.  It could have been a wood cut now that I think about it, but still, England's been dealing with this for a long time.

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 10:29:52 AM »
It seems to me that there was a significant change in the crop circles during the 2010 season.  My sense is that there were fewer, and much less elaborate formations presented.  The season was almost boring, after the enormous, sometimes two and three part (done over several nights), and exquisite presentations of 2009, sometimes two or three formations every night.  The message presented in 2005 (?) picturing the ET and the disc of binary code, stated that "the conduit is closing."   (I'll check that date.)  Could it be that the message for 2010 was something like, "We've done all we can, and still you don't listen."  So the season was scaled down and almost redundant. Maybe I'm just too critical, but in 2010, I never felt compelled to call my husband and say, "Ohmigod, come here. You've gotta see this!)

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 02:29:51 PM »
Hello there everyone, havent posted anything on here for quite sometime, have been still keeping up with the posts though. Was reading the article on crop circles on the website, and was wondering what was so unique about the UK that the bulk of crop circles are done there?  I know there have been cases in other countries, whether they are of unknown origin or man-made, I do not know. Anywho, look forward to hearing from all of you :) 

Kim

I forgot to mentions that the ley lines (google it) in England apparently have a lot to do with the location of the formations. In addition, the magnetic effects of veins of chalk and underground aquifers (water) are also suspected of having an influence on the choice of locations by the creators of the formations.

inselemel

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 02:31:06 PM »
I believe the majority of the Crop circles in England are usually found in Wiltshire due to what Montanabarb said re the chalk soil and the ley lines or energy lines. Wiltshire is where Stonehenge  (anybody familiar with Spinal Tap the movie) and Avebury  are located to name but a few sacred sites which are believed to be linked by these energy pathways or ley lines, which the ancient people of the area knew about.

and as per Wikipedia
 - "Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument located in the English county of Wiltshire, about 3.2 kilometres (2.0 mi) west of Amesbury and 13 kilometres (8.1 mi) north of Salisbury. One of the most famous sites in the world, Stonehenge is composed of earthworks surrounding a circular setting of large standing stones. It is at the centre of the most dense complex of Neolithic and Bronze Age monuments in England, including several hundred burial mounds." http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3c/Stonehenge2007_07_30.jpg

"Avebury -  is a Neolithic henge monument containing three stone circles which is located around the village of Avebury in Wiltshire, south west England. Unique amongst megalithic monuments, Avebury contains the largest stone circle in Europe, and is one of the best known prehistoric sites in Britain. It is currently used as both a tourist attraction and a place of religious importance to contemporary Pagans." http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/Avebury_Stone_Circles.jpg

inselemel

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 03:51:30 AM »
I don't know how serious it was meant to be taken but you can never underestimate the gullibility/stupidity of people. I read somewhere that someone had on the subject of what causes 'crop circles' suggested it was "rutting hedgehogs" - I mean really.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 06:09:06 AM »
I don't know how serious it was meant to be taken but you can never underestimate the gullibility/stupidity of people. I read somewhere that someone had on the subject of what causes 'crop circles' suggested it was "rutting hedgehogs" - I mean really.

;D  I posted to you in another topic the funny story about stoned Wallabys making "crop circle" in Australia. Wallabys and other animals high on poppy seeds etc. Taht was in the UK Sky News,
Also BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8118257.stm 

YB   

inselemel

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 06:15:53 AM »
You see what we have to put up with, crop circles are always ridiculed by main stream news over here thank goodness for the www and books.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 09:17:06 AM »
You see what we have to put up with, crop circles are always ridiculed by main stream news over here thank goodness for the www and books.

BTW I'm glad you told me that. I am surprised the mainstream would ridicule them there; I maybe  been too many documented man - made ones and that has mucked up the whole thing. I feel people that are more aware, see the possibility these are partly made by extraterrestrials.

errrv

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 07:37:22 AM »
Hi  Kimmy, for what it's worth, the zeta page says that where there are crop circles: are warnings to those places of impending danger... As in "those areas won't be around after the shift". In case I have misread the paragraph on that (I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed), please go and look it up:

http://zetatalk.com/index/zetanew.htm

Good luck with that! Erv

:)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 09:23:14 PM »
Hi  Kimmy, for what it's worth, the zeta page says that where there are crop circles: are warnings to those places of impending danger... As in "those areas won't be around after the shift". In case I have misread the paragraph on that (I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed), please go and look it up:

http://zetatalk.com/index/zetanew.htm

Good luck with that! Erv

:)

Erv  :) can you help us find the specific article on crop circles,
Thanks
YB

errrv

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 10:10:39 PM »
I'm sorry, my eyes are crossing. The crop circle/UFO bit is in the zeta . Ning section.... Problem I'm having, I read through it all in one night & now can't find it. I'll try again tomorrow & if I can't find it then I'll delete these last two posts. Please keep in mind- this is the zeta talk site I'm talking about. Although there is some sound physics on there, they did predict PX flyby in 2003! Take it with a grain of salt.
Erv