Author Topic: Turrialba cam link on this page: Cámaras en los Volcanes  (Read 10452 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Turrialba cam link on this page: Cámaras en los Volcanes
« on: March 05, 2015, 10:59:36 AM »
Feb 17, 2017 UPDATE: The previously-posted link does not work now. This link does work:
http://www.ovsicori.una.ac.cr/index.php/vulcanologia/camaras-volcanes/camara-v-turrialba

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong at all with these volcano cams, when accessed from this page.  ???  ;D I will be taking a look later on too.
There are three cams here, Turrialba, facing west. Irazu also facing west which includes a view of Turrialba and that same peak which we used to use as a marker for looking for PX or other related objects. Angle is not nearly as good as it used to be, but may be useful.
Last volcano cam is not useful since it is pointed down into the Poas volcano. (Cámara Volcán Póas) 
Image at bottom of this post is a screen capture of the Irazu volcano cam. Cámara ubicada en la cima del Irazú con vista hacia el Este, se observa el cráter del Irazú y también se puede observar el Volcán Turrialba. In other words, the Irazu cam is pointed west and includes observation of the Turrialba volcano. - Yowbarb
http://www.ovsicori.una.ac.cr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=109&Itemid=104   Cámaras en los Volcanes
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:49:56 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Turrialba cam link on this page: Cámaras en los Volcanes
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »
Good Grief, it looks like I spoke too soon. Not sure if this is due to more of an eruption, lightning or human intervention but right after a completely clear view then started seeing a screen forming. Then the black and white stripes, colored stripes.
At the moment there is a screen effect over the right half of the cam view. Again I thought I caught a glimpse of something for a sec on the right third of the page.
Oh well...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »
Periodicallly it looks like the cam is unobstructed, not interfered with, then bam a screen moves over  part of the cam view. Notably, the right side. SEE (1401.) By 1407 it is back again for something which looks unobstructed.
Well I didn't intend to post so many photos. This is just to show how the cam goes back and forth. I had thought I had found a better site for cam view.
Also (I) think I see objects in and out of view...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 02:24:08 AM »
3-4 AM viewing...posting a couple of them here...
Bright light appearing over head and stably there, I can only assume is the moon. A few bright objects...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 10:44:31 PM »
Actually the view from this cam is not "OK." I happened to see a few clear views in the beginning when I started this Topic. Here's a shot from 23:39 PM CT.
Marshall says forget about this cam...I can't help but take a look at it...
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 10:03:48 AM »
Yowbarb Note: Off in the middle of the night I felt like looking at the Turrialba cam...wow it was just one mass of light smoky color and a puff ball of white...then found out a big eruption yesterday. Was trying to posti some images and a video but my computer got all stuck...
Will try again. It's 12:40 PM EDT now. So I am able to get back online and retrieve the images now...
1)   is 02:10 AM Central time on the Turrialba volcano cam
2)   Hard to see but this screen shot of a video displays the date of the article on the eruption.
3)   the eruption screen shot from RT video.

4)   A screen shot of Irazu volcano cam showing Turrialba off in the distance. At the present time the Irazu cam link doesn’t open up so the image is stuck from a few hours ago. 10:41 AM CT.

Video: RAW: Smoke, gas & ash rising from erupting Costa Rica Turrialba volcano  0:42  5,190 views
Link:
https://youtu.be/vxeARUfrfDw
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:54:18 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 10:28:07 AM »
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Volcanic-Eruption-Disrupts-Air-Travel-from-DFW-Airport-296162591.html

Volcanic Eruption Disrupts Air Travel from DFW Airport
NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth‎ - 14 hours ago

An American Airlines flight had to return to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport on Thursday after a volcano began erupting in Costa Rica. (Published Thursday, Mar 12, 2015)

Updated 5 hours ago

An American Airlines flight had to turn back and return to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport on Thursday after a volcano began erupting near its destination of Costa Rica.

The noxious cloud from the eruption of volcano Turrialba is making it impossible for planes to land or take off in the capital city of San Jose.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 06:44:00 AM »
Much of the time last night, March 14, 2015, the Turiabla webcam's screen would display the gibberish of "interference", i.e., blocks, rows and lines of colors, but occasionally an intact view would be seen, one of which is here.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 01:36:39 PM »
ilinda - that's lovely!
I will tune up my eyes and see if I can spot something...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 06:07:00 AM »
A few more, but I really wanted to monitor longer, but other demands often call.

Marzstar

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 01:57:41 PM »
Are these pictures taken in the morning?  I would like to start monitoring this camera too. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 02:31:50 PM »
Are these pictures taken in the morning?  I would like to start monitoring this camera too.

Hi Marzstar... :)
I'm sure ilinda will answer your post also... If you look closely (may have to blow up the image by increasing the zoom on your computer) you will see the time stamp on the volcano cam. Upper left.
In this case it says about 1812. 1812 Hours CT, or also known as, 6:12 PM CT.
Most often we see something interesting in the evening.
In this case I don't know if that is Venus. Could be, maybe not.
Sometimes way late at night I see a bunch of bright objects... Makes me wonder if I am seeing the Planet X System.
Marshall told us to not bother with Turrialba, because of the tampering which we think goes on with the cam. It is the only one I know at that angle that far south on the planet, that high an elevation! Also facing west with the setting sun.
Sometimes I do get a glimpse of something but they have put a screen over it most of the time and then there are the blankouts and the colored stripes, etc. This is not to say, "Don't observe." If some of us occasionally observe, we may catch something on there. There is also the Irazu Cam for which I started a Topic. Irazu points toward Turrialba and seems to be a better cam. It is not at the same good angle but it does point west.
Keep looking up... We do need another good untampered cam...
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 02:34:39 PM »
ilinda -  :) thanks for your obs and your posted images.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 08:39:21 AM »
These three pics were taken in the evening, and I checked my "get info" on the file saved to my computer, and the times listed do match those at the bottom of each pic, as well as the tiny time/date stamp on the actual photo.

My listings show 7:12 PM, 7:13 P.M., and 7:17 P.M. for these.  Those times are Central Daylight Time.

I'm really glad you are also interested in monitoring this webcam, as Barb sort of got me hooked and I try to check it out in evenings.  We certainly have noticed that sometimes there appears to be a screen or some sort of fabric that is in front of the lens so as to mute or "muddify" what we're seeing, but we trudge on.

Here's a little trick I do.  Often in the evenings just when we might see something of interest, those color bars and other colorful interference covers much of the screen.  So, instead of waiting for it to clear in the next image (10 sec later), I just leave my cursor on the URL and when the new pic full of interference appears, I click on the cursor to get a refresh.  Sometimes it's full of gibberish, but occasionally it's a new clear pic.  Also noticed if I refresh too many times, too quickly, I get a totally blank screen.  It's a game now!

Good luck and we're anxious to have another monitor.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 11:27:02 PM »
These three pics were taken in the evening, and I checked my "get info" on the file saved to my computer, and the times listed do match those at the bottom of each pic, as well as the tiny time/date stamp on the actual photo.

My listings show 7:12 PM, 7:13 P.M., and 7:17 P.M. for these.  Those times are Central Daylight Time.

I'm really glad you are also interested in monitoring this webcam, as Barb sort of got me hooked and I try to check it out in evenings.  We certainly have noticed that sometimes there appears to be a screen or some sort of fabric that is in front of the lens so as to mute or "muddify" what we're seeing, but we trudge on.

Here's a little trick I do.  Often in the evenings just when we might see something of interest, those color bars and other colorful interference covers much of the screen.  So, instead of waiting for it to clear in the next image (10 sec later), I just leave my cursor on the URL and when the new pic full of interference appears, I click on the cursor to get a refresh.  Sometimes it's full of gibberish, but occasionally it's a new clear pic.  Also noticed if I refresh too many times, too quickly, I get a totally blank screen.  It's a game now!

Good luck and we're anxious to have another monitor.

I agree it is a game... and I am clicking away... sometimes I catch a few bright objects...
Just when I could see them more clearly the screen-ish crapola seems heavier and then theres the stripes... I didn't check with starry night or whatever. These could be moon jupiter, Venus... don't know yet was just trying to get a glimpse...Marshall and the Researcher can't really analize them...picture quality so poor, due to what we believe is tampering. Not to mention the volcano is always smoking lately.
Anyway here is one from 2330 (March 21st) they are only two hours behind. CT. No CDT.  http://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/costa-rica/san-jose

- Yowbarb