Author Topic: Choosing the RIGHT Survival Location  (Read 6121 times)

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Choosing the RIGHT Survival Location
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 12:09:33 PM »
Here are a couple good articles on the subject there are may more ..

Nuclear Power Plants Will Become America’s Extinction Level Event

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/04/18/nuclear-power-plants-will-become-americas-extinction-level-event/

Critical Analyses

According to Judy Haar, a recognized expert in nuclear plant failure analyses, when a nuclear power plant loses access to off-grid electricity, the event is referred to as a “station blackout”. Haar states that all 104 US nuclear power plants are built to withstand electrical outages without experiencing any core damage, through the activation of an automatic start up of emergency generators powered by diesel. Further, when emergency power kicks in, an automatic shutdown of the nuclear power plant commences. The dangerous control rods are dropped into the core, while water is pumped by the diesel power generators into the reactor to reduce the heat and thus, prevent a meltdown. Here is the catch in this process, the spent fuel rods are encased in both a primary and secondary containment structure which is designed to withstand a core meltdown. However, should the pumps stop because either the generators fail or diesel fuel is not available, the fuel rods are subsequently uncovered and a Fukushima type of core meltdown commences immediately. At this point, I took Judy Haar’s comments to a source of mine at the Palo Verde Nuclear power plant. My source informed me that as per NERC policy, nuclear power plants are required to have enough diesel fuel to run for a period of seven days.

The Unresolved Power Blackout Problem

A long-term loss of outside electrical power will most certainly interrupt the circulation of cooling water to the pools. Another one of my Palo Verde nuclear power plant sources informed me that there is no long term solution to a power blackout and that all bets are off if the blackout is due to an EMP attack. A more detailed analysis reveals that the spent fuel pools carry depleted fuel for the reactor. Normally, this spent fuel has had time to considerably decay and therefore, reducing radioactivity and heat. However, the newer discharged fuel still produces heat and needs cooling. Housed in high density storage racks, contained in buildings that vent directly into the atmosphere, radiation containment is not accounted for with regard to the spent fuel racks. In other words, there is no capture mechanism. In this scenario, accompanied by a lengthy electrical outage, and with the emergency power waning due to either generator failure or a lack of diesel needed to power the generators, the plant could lose the ability to provide cooling. The water will subsequently heat up, boil away and uncover the spent fuel rods which required being covered in at least 25 feet of water to remain benign from any deleterious effects. Ultimately, this would lead to fires as well and the release of radioactivity into the atmosphere. This would be the beginning of another Fukushima event right here on American soil. Both my source and Haar shared exactly the same scenario about how a meltdown would occur. Subsequently, I spoke with Roger Landry who worked for Raytheon in various Department of Defense projects for 28 years, many of them in this arena and Roger also confirmed this information and that the above information is well known in the industry. When I examine Congressman Franks letter to NERC and I read between the lines, it is clear that Franks knows of this risk as well, he just stops short of specifically mentioning it in his letter.

None of the NERC, or the Nuclear Regulatory tests of handling a prolonged blackout at a nuclear power plant has answered two critical questions, “What happens when these nuclear power plants run out of diesel fuel needed to run the generators”, and “What happens when some of these generators fail”? In the event of an EMP attack, can tanker trucks with diesel fuel get to all of the nuclear power plants in the US in time to re-fuel them before they stop running? Will tanker trucks even be running themselves in the aftermath of an EMP attack? And in the event of an EMP attack, it is not likely that any plant which runs low on fuel, or has a generator malfunctions, will ever get any help to mitigate the crisis prior to a plethora of meltdowns occurring. Thus, every nuclear power plant in the country has the potential to cause a Chernobyl or Fukushima type accident if our country is hit by an EMP attack.

Conclusion

I would echo her concerns and apply the “not if, but when” admonition to the possibility of a mass meltdown in this country. It is only a matter of time until this scenario for disaster comes to fruition. At the end of the day, can anyone tell me why would any country be so negligent as to not provide its nuclear plants a fool proof method to cool the secondary processes of its nuclear materials at all of its plants?

400 CHERNOBYLS: SOLAR FLARES, EMP, AND NUCLEAR ARMAGEDDON

http://www.whentechfails.com/400-chernobyls-solar-flares-emp-and-nuclear-armageddon/

There are nearly 450 nuclear reactors in the world, with hundreds more either under construction or in the planning stages. There are 104 of these reactors in the USA and 195 in Europe. Imagine what havoc it would wreak on our civilization and the planet’s ecosystems if we were to suddenly witness not just one or two nuclear melt-downs but 400 or more! How likely is it that our world might experience an event that could ultimately cause hundreds of reactors to fail and melt down at approximately the same time? I venture to say that, unless we take significant protective measures, this apocalyptic scenario is not only possible but probable.

It was a short-term cooling system failure that caused the partial reactor core melt-down in March 1979 at Three Mile Island, Pennsylvania. Similarly, according to Japanese authorities it was not direct damage from Japan’s 9.0 magnitude Tohoku Earthquake on March 11, 2011 that caused the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactor disaster, but the loss of electric power to the reactor’s cooling system pumps when the reactor’s backup batteries and diesel generators were wiped out by the ensuing tidal waves. In the hours and days after the tidal waves shuttered the cooling systems, the cores of reactors number 1, 2, and 3 were in full meltdown and released hydrogen gas, fueling explosions which breached several reactor containment vessels and blew the roof off the building housing the spent fuel storage pond of reactor number 4.

Of even greater danger and concern than the reactor cores themselves are the spent fuel rods stored in on-site cooling ponds. Lacking a permanent spent nuclear fuel storage facility, so-called “temporary” nuclear fuel containment ponds are features common to nearly all nuclear reactor facilities. They typically contain the accumulated spent fuel from 10 or more decommissioned reactor cores. Due to lack of a permanent repository, most of these fuel containment ponds are greatly overloaded and tightly packed beyond original design. They are generally surrounded by common light industrial buildings, with concrete walls and corrugated steel roofs. Unlike the active reactor cores, which are encased inside massive “containment vessels” with thick walls of concrete and steel, the buildings surrounding spent fuel rod storage ponds would do practically nothing to contain radioactive contaminants in the event of prolonged cooling system failures.

Since spent fuel ponds typically hold far greater quantities of highly radioactive material then the active nuclear reactors locked inside reinforced containment vessels, they clearly present far greater potential  for the catastrophic spread of highly radioactive contaminants over huge swaths of land, polluting the environment for multiple generations spanning hundreds of years. A study by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) determined that the “boil down time” for  spent fuel rod containment ponds runs from between 4 and 22 days after loss of cooling system power before degenerating into a Fukushima-like situation, depending upon the type of nuclear reactor and how recently its latest batch of fuel rods had been decommissioned[16].

Had it not been for heroic efforts on the part of Japan’s nuclear workers to replenish waters in the spent fuel pool at Fukushima, those spent fuel rods would have melted down and ignited their zirconium cladding, which most likely would have released far more radioactive contamination than what came from the three reactor core melt-downs. Japanese officials have estimate that the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster has already released into the local environment just over half the total radioactive contamination as was released by Chernobyl, but other sources estimate it could be significantly more than was released by the accident at Chernobyl. In the event that an extreme GMD induced long-term grid collapse covering much of the globe, if just half of the world’s spent fuel ponds were to boil off their water and become radioactive zirconium fed infernos, the ensuing contamination could far exceed the cumulative effect of 400 Chernobyls.

Max.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: power plant meltdowns
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2017, 04:11:18 PM »
Indeed, if radiation were really as terrible as most folks fear, Earth would probably already be some lifeless barren rock in space...
The present time may represent the only time in humanity's history that the planet was dotted with nuclear power plants of the type we now use.  Ionizing radiation comes with a price, whether it be for diagnostic purposes (think mammograms), therapeutic doses (think cancer treatments) or accidental exposure from something such as Fukushima, Chernobyl, Three Mile Island, or any of the future disasters that are just waiting to happen.

Madam Curie died of some blood cancer, leukemia, IIRC, which is nowadays known to be caused by exposure to ionizing radiation.  IIRC, she was not the only Curie family member to die of cancer in an age where cancer was much less prevalent.

Fear of radiation can be different from an awareness that there really isn't a "safe" dose of ionizing radiation, as it has the potential to cause chromosome breaks and other problems.  Ionizing radiation is not the clean energy solution the nuclear industry would have us believe.

Ever owned, or been required to install a smoke detector?  The radioactive americium in most of them is actually a by-product of the nuclear industry and they dreamed up a way to dispose of their so-called "low-level" radwaste--recycle it into peoples' homes as a fire alarm.

Ever seen any of that beautiful "Cloissonne" (sp) jewelry from France?  The ones I owned were earrings, usually in lovely colors, even appearing hand painted and very decorative.  After owning some of this jewelry for several years, I read in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that they are radioactive!  So I threw them away without knowing for sure.  Then years later, in approximately 2014, I had my radiation monitor at a friend's house, checking their ambient levels, which were fine, and for some reason the earring issue arose in conversation, so I asked the friend if she owned any of those Cloissone (sp) earrings, which she did.  She went to retrieve them, and as she walked into the kitchen, my meter began clicking faster and faster and before she even got to the table it was "off the charts".  So we all verified those Cloissone earrings from France were radioactive.  Think about the fact that France derives more of its electric power from nuclear plants than any other country on the planet (to my knowledge).  What do they do with their radwaste in such a small country?  I'm not sure what they do with ALL of it, but am betting some of it was being recycled into toxic jewelry.

Then there's the issue of radwaste and storage.  The planet has more radwaste than they know what to do with.  It sits in radwaste storage facilities, ALWAYS ending up leaking and always ending up in the groundwater below.  One good example is the Weldon Spring area in MO not too far from St. Louis.  That place is so toxic that it will never be cleaned up in the time humans still walk the planet.

I'm betting there is not one radwaste storage facility that does not leak.  If people fear radiation, they are probably wise.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2017, 11:22:58 PM »
The present time may represent the only time in humanity's history that the planet was dotted with nuclear power plants of the type we now use.
You know what they say happens when "u" assume... I have heard of a radioactive site in India, probably caused by some nuclear explosion but maybe by a meltdown. But we just don't know what happened 20 or 50 millennia ago, though common (genetic) sense tells us there must have been humans walking around back then with brains exactly like ours [since genetic mutations happen extremely slowly and 50,000 years is nothing when it comes to evolution].

We should respect radioactivity and the threat of nuclear fallout, you will get no argument from me there. Having said that, i feel there appears to be a general assessment of... "We're all doomed, doomed i say! NO ONE can survive anything that destroys all the nuclear power plants!" And my point is that this fatalistic approach is not warranted. It is not supported by the research. There would be dead zones, for sure, but the same can be said for geologic upsets, like the kind that made 4,000 meter mountains out of 400 meter hills where the Alps now are, some 12,000 years ago...
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 09:55:41 AM »

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/04/18/nuclear-power-plants-will-become-americas-extinction-level-event/

Critical Analyses

OK, finally a real technical analysis, thanks MadMax.  I do have one criticism of it, however.  Fukushima experienced severe damage to the core as well as to the cooling ponds, followed by meltdown of the damaged core.  That would not be the situation in the case of EMP damage to electronics.  Claims that the possible radiation escape from nonfunctional cooling ponds would be equivalent to the Fukushima event are exaggerated.

Do we have any information about which - if any - of the nuclear power plants could put water into the cooling ponds by gravity feed from surface water?  Many of the plants are on the beaches of lakes, rivers, or oceans, and the spent rods in the cooling ponds are below surface level.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 04:00:00 PM »
Hi all,

Regarding concerns about genetic and other damage from ionizing radiation:

PQQ (a derivitive of B-6?) is capable of repairing damaged mitochondrial DNA in the cell, if I understand correctly.  According to these two studies published on the National Institutes of Health website, a new definition of aging is linked to mitochondrial death (mitochondria being the energy producing factories of the cells).  So death=no energy.

http://benthamscience.com/journal/abstracts.php?journalID=cas&articleID=95200)

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00424-009-0724-5/fulltext.html

According to Wikipedia, the mitochondria contain between 50 and 500 times as much DNA as the cell nucleus, and contain the most easily damaged DNA as well:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_DNA

These next two studies establish that PQQ is safe and needs to be supplemented, and establish suggested amounts:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1136652/pdf/biochemj00065-0028.pdf)

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/130/4/719.full)

This study describes the mechanism by which it works in the body:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1460-9568.2002.02169.x/abstract)

This study postulates that only a very small amount can reverse damage, and specifically addresses mitochondrial protection:
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/2/390.full?sid=e43a4ab7-42b9-4702-9b25-fc7cf8d2ef33)

There are also studies posted by NIH on use of another B vitamin, pantothenic acid, to prevent and reverse radiation damage. 

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 04:47:45 PM »
The present time may represent the only time in humanity's history that the planet was dotted with nuclear power plants of the type we now use.
You know what they say happens when "u" assume... I have heard of a radioactive site in India, probably caused by some nuclear explosion but maybe by a meltdown. But we just don't know what happened 20 or 50 millennia ago, though common (genetic) sense tells us there must have been humans walking around back then with brains exactly like ours [since genetic mutations happen extremely slowly and 50,000 years is nothing when it comes to evolution].

We should respect radioactivity and the threat of nuclear fallout, you will get no argument from me there. Having said that, i feel there appears to be a general assessment of... "We're all doomed, doomed i say! NO ONE can survive anything that destroys all the nuclear power plants!" And my point is that this fatalistic approach is not warranted. It is not supported by the research. There would be dead zones, for sure, but the same can be said for geologic upsets, like the kind that made 4,000 meter mountains out of 400 meter hills where the Alps now are, some 12,000 years ago...
I don't think ALL would be automatically doomed, but perhaps we're about to find out.  OTOH, I keep thinkiing of the Hopi Prophecies about the Earth's destruction and subsequent purification.  Who knows what cosmic or other forces could "purify" the Earth.  We do have a lot to learn.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 04:51:34 PM »

Critical Analyses

OK, finally a real technical analysis, thanks MadMax.  I do have one criticism of it, however.  Fukushima experienced severe damage to the core as well as to the cooling ponds, followed by meltdown of the damaged core.  That would not be the situation in the case of EMP damage to electronics.  Claims that the possible radiation escape from nonfunctional cooling ponds would be equivalent to the Fukushima event are exaggerated.

Do we have any information about which - if any - of the nuclear power plants could put water into the cooling ponds by gravity feed from surface water?  Many of the plants are on the beaches of lakes, rivers, or oceans, and the spent rods in the cooling ponds are below surface level.
The Calloway plant in MO uses the Missouri River for cooling waters--you know, cooler water in, then warmer water out, so it always depends on the flow of the MO River being uninterrupted.  I don't know of any body of water in that vicinity (Fulton County) that is large enough to flow via gravity down into the cooling pools.  Since they always seem to do things "on the cheap", they've probabaly not got the option of gravity flow cool water.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 04:59:13 PM »
Hi all,

PQQ (a derivitive of B-6?) is capable of repairing damaged mitochondrial DNA in the cell, if I understand correctly.  According to these two studies published on the National Institutes of Health website, a new definition of aging is linked to mitochondrial death (mitochondria being the energy producing factories of the cells).  So death=no energy.

According to Wikipedia, the mitochondria contain between 50 and 500 times as much DNA as the cell nucleus, and contain the most easily damaged DNA as well:

These next two studies establish that PQQ is safe and needs to be supplemented, and establish suggested amounts:

This study postulates that only a very small amount can reverse damage, and specifically addresses mitochondrial protection:
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/2/390.full?sid=e43a4ab7-42b9-4702-9b25-fc7cf8d2ef33)

There are also studies posted by NIH on use of another B vitamin, pantothenic acid, to prevent and reverse radiation damage.
Your links are very appreciated, as we will all probably be exposed to SOME degree of radioactive aerosols, foods, water, or objects unknowingly, and will most likely start to experience various strange symptoms.

About a month or so ago there was a "blip" of elevated readings on my rad-monitors, and then a few weeks later my thyroid began to swell.  It is still swollen and after adding Iosol and Brazil nuts (for selenium) to my diet, the swelling is still there, so now am self-dosing with an herbal prep. that I'll report on in one of the Self-Healing areas on the TH.

So, these links might be something we all need to study, and even photocopy some of what's out there, as we may not always have internet.  In fact, we might be without internet for years.  Who knows?  Knowledge is power, so thanks for the links.

One link I love for health issues is run by Sayer Ji and it is www.greenmedinfo.com and he has done a fantastic job.  There are probably a thousand articles on turmeric.  So much more.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2017, 07:49:12 AM »
Thank you so much for the link, Ilinda.  Lots of good reading there - I especially agree with the comment on the website that all cholesterol is good, esp. as a brain, hormone and bile component. 

Good that you're supplementing Iosol and selenium.  Here are some studies on the website of the National Institutes of Health suggesting that we Westerners may be drastically under-dosing ourselves with iodine, even for those who supplement, as Japanese women not assimilated into Western culture are virtually free of iodine deficiency diseases (with emphasis on breast health) and consume the element in large mg amounts, rather than in the mcg amounts available supplementally in the West:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18590348

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC314438/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8230262

So maybe it might be possible to infer that more of the Iosol could be taken experimentally, perhaps in the morning so as not to cause p.m. insomnia?

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: iodine deficiency
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2017, 09:28:20 AM »
Japanese women not assimilated into Western culture are virtually free of iodine deficiency diseases (with emphasis on breast health) and consume the element in large mg amounts, rather than in the mcg amounts available supplementally in the West
If you are not already regularly taking in considerable amounts of iodine/iodide [the body needs both iodine and it's salt form], you would do well to listen to the expert, Jorge Flechas; it might save your life...

Some practical pointers...
- Lugol's is a combination of iodine and it's salt, iodide
- drop on skin; it is easily absorbed this way
- the skin will color but the color disappears as the Lugol's is absorbed [use sole of foot]
- if the skin is still colored after 24 hours, you are no longer iodine deficient
- this will take a while... [some months]
- taking iodine pushes out another halogen your body has absorbed in it's place: flourine
- taking a lot of iodine pushes out potentially painful amounts of the toxic flourine
- too much flourine in the blood will lead to headache
- Robert Von advises the following protocol to prevent the above:
day 1: 1 drop; day 2: 2 drops; [...] day 6: 6 drops; then 3 days no drops and resume protocol (potentially by increasing the amount of drops, i.e. 2, 4, 6, etc.)

META: as Ron Cusson has argued, all great human cultures developed around locations where sea minerals were abundant, including iodine... Usually we're talking about river deltas [Rome, Egypt, Tianjian] but also Tibet [i.e. Himalayan salt, i.e. dried ocean beds]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:58:16 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: iodine deficiency
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2017, 05:17:31 PM »
Japanese women not assimilated into Western culture are virtually free of iodine deficiency diseases (with emphasis on breast health) and consume the element in large mg amounts, rather than in the mcg amounts available supplementally in the West
If you are not already regularly taking in considerable amounts of iodine/iodide [the body needs both iodine and it's salt form], you would do well to listen to the expert, Jorge Flechas; it might save your life...

Some practical pointers...
- Lugol's is a combination of iodine and it's salt, iodide
- drop on skin; it is easily absorbed this way
- the skin will color but the color disappears as the Lugol's is absorbed [use sole of foot]
- if the skin is still colored after 24 hours, you are no longer iodine deficient
- this will take a while... [some months]
- taking iodine pushes out another halogen your body has absorbed in it's place: flourine
- taking a lot of iodine pushes out potentially painful amounts of the toxic flourine
- too much flourine in the blood will lead to headache
- Robert Von advises the following protocol to prevent the above:
day 1: 1 drop; day 2: 2 drops; [...] day 6: 6 drops; then 3 days no drops and resume protocol (potentially by increasing the amount of drops, i.e. 2, 4, 6, etc.)

META: as Ron Cusson has argued, all great human cultures developed around locations where sea minerals were abundant, including iodine... Usually we're talking about river deltas [Rome, Egypt, Tianjian] but also Tibet [i.e. Himalayan salt, i.e. dried ocean beds]

Really excellent video of Dr. Flechas' presentation.  All my life I've been off and on hypothyroid, coming from family with mom, and three daughters all having thyroid problems, and we did live in "The Goiter Belt".  Long story short, I've been able to avoid surgery, ablation, etc., but both sisters have thyroid nodules, and mom had thyroidectomy for goiter.

So, in spite of studying the thyroid for years, I did learn some things, plus will pressure hubby to watch the video, as he has dry eyes and dry mouth sometimes, and am pondering his own possibly low iodine levels. 

Also, I had read hints and rumors about our iodine needs being greater than we've been told, but Dr. Flechas is convincing about the amounts.  I have been taking 153 ug/day, and will see how things look in a few weeks before considering whether to raise the level of Iosol.  Hubby had looked at the organic kelp we ordered for the goats and talked about how appetizing it looks.  Maybe we might try it in soups.

Thanks for posting the Jorge Flechas M.D. tutorial-of-sorts on iodine and things related.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: nascent iodine
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 11:44:17 PM »
I get my nascent iodine through OneRadioNetwork [but my computer won't let me link theirs :-( ].

It's a process and takes some time [just, as posted above, don't overdo or do before 'sleepy time'].
survival database

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2017, 04:46:39 AM »
Hi all,

RR, awesome data to read, thank you so much.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: nascent iodine
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2017, 04:46:58 AM »
I get my nascent iodine through OneRadioNetwork [but my computer won't let me link theirs :-( ].

It's a process and takes some time [just, as posted above, don't overdo or do before 'sleepy time'].

Thanks!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2017, 04:53:30 AM »
Hi all,

Your links are very appreciated, as we will all probably be exposed to SOME degree of radioactive aerosols, foods, water, or objects unknowingly, and will most likely start to experience various strange symptoms.

About a month or so ago there was a "blip" of elevated readings on my rad-monitors, and then a few weeks later my thyroid began to swell.  It is still swollen and after adding Iosol and Brazil nuts (for selenium) to my diet, the swelling is still there, so now am self-dosing with an herbal prep. that I'll report on in one of the Self-Healing areas on the TH.

So, these links might be something we all need to study, and even photocopy some of what's out there, as we may not always have internet.  In fact, we might be without internet for years.  Who knows?  Knowledge is power, so thanks for the links.

One link I love for health issues is run by Sayer Ji and it is www.greenmedinfo.com and he has done a fantastic job.  There are probably a thousand articles on turmeric.  So much more.

Wow ilinda, I had missed your post here, too. Let us know how that is coming along with monitoring your situation? You had suggested green media info... will remember...
You inspired me to look up some things..quickly posting a few things which I want to make sure my family knows about:

https://www.drweil.com/health-wellness/balanced-living/technology/protection-against-radiation/ DR. WEIL

Protection Against Radiation?
The terrible tragedies in Japan – earthquake, tsunami, danger from the release of radiation – are heartbreaking.  I’m wondering what precautions can safeguard health if the radiation travels beyond Japan.

– MARCH 17, 2011  EXCERPT from article:

I discussed other preventive strategies with Tieraona Low Dog, M.D., an internationally recognized expert in the fields of integrative medicine, dietary supplements and women’s health. She said that there is reason to believe that taking two to four grams of curcumin, the active compound in turmeric, can help protect a number of body tissues. In addition, reishi and cordyceps mushrooms can protect bone marrow from toxic assaults, and antioxidants can help the body defend itself from radiation damage. Since radioactive particles may be carried by dust, having a HEPA filter in your home would also be a good idea in the event of a nuclear accident that is close enough to be of concern.

[continues]

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/turmeric-extract-strikes-root-cause-cancer-malignancy
http://www.oncologynurseadvisor.com/advisor-forum/role-of-curcumin-in-radiation-therapy/article/301141/

Role of curcumin in radiation therapy. Turmeric is a spice used to flavor everything from curry dishes to chutney, pickles, and American mustard. Its first recorded use dates back to 600 B.C. ... According to some researchers, these same anti-inflammatory effects assist curcumin in killing tumor cells.Jul 1, 2013