Author Topic: Kids clothing in the aftertime  (Read 13592 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Kids clothing in the aftertime
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2013, 05:41:02 AM »
Hi Barb!

Yes, these clothing swaps are great for those who otherwise do not have and cannot afford to purchase clothing for their children. Many clothing swaps don't just limit what they offer to just clothing, many offer toys, books, blankets, diaper bags, even breast pumps! These swaps helped me in saving money, money that was much need in food and shelter. I feel that we were blessed in that aspect.
To tell you the truth, this is the first year I may have to venture out and buy my youngest boy's clothing because there was a shortage on 3T boys' clothes.

I sure hope that folks would be able to find or even start a clothing swap because they are super helpful!

Blessings,

~pB

pb - looks like things have evolved.
I wish I had seen a clothing swap back in the day, 1970s when I had two little ones. Well, actually I had five before the seventies were over.   ;D
I always thought these were awful cartoon images but I feel like posting it anyway.
My husband used to call the younger three the "rug rats" or he would call the whole bunch of them the banditos.  ;)
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 12:18:58 PM »
This concept has probably been mentioned on here already, the thought occurred to me even if a person not a seamstress - someone will be.
Pack up materials, various sizes of patterns, marking materials; pinking shears, sharp cutting scissors, an assortment of threads and buttons. Knitting patterns yarn and needles and books. Quilting materials. Scraps of materials.

I'm thinking for bulk materials for clothing  - a waterproof shrink wrap type of packaging would be good. One of those deals which takes the air out of a sturdy bag and shrinks it down. It does wrinkle stuff a bit but takes up less room.

Now these are interesting cool, old style sewing boxes...big enough for lots of sewing supplies. Could fit in a big box. Small version would have to go in a bugout bag of course.
Yowbarb Note continued: I'm not selling this stuff. It just caught my eye...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:35:36 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2014, 12:29:34 PM »
Don't forget lots of new  and used kids demins, jeans, overalls all sizes...

NativeMom72

• Global Moderator
  • ...just Breathe...
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2015, 07:46:54 PM »
This concept has probably been mentioned on here already, the thought occurred to me even if a person not a seamstress - someone will be.
Pack up materials, various sizes of patterns, marking materials; pinking shears, sharp cutting scissors, an assortment of threads and buttons. Knitting patterns yarn and needles and books. Quilting materials. Scraps of materials.

I'm thinking for bulk materials for clothing  - a waterproof shrink wrap type of packaging would be good. One of those deals which takes the air out of a sturdy bag and shrinks it down. It does wrinkle stuff a bit but takes up less room.

Now these are interesting cool, old style sewing boxes...big enough for lots of sewing supplies. Could fit in a big box. Small version would have to go in a bugout bag of course.
Yowbarb Note continued: I'm not selling this stuff. It just caught my eye...

Thank you for this post!
When packing a bug out bag, sewing supplies may be an overlooked item
This is definitely needed!

~pB
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye.”
― Miyamoto Musashi  (1584 –1645)