Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Part #2b: Inherit -- but what about SUCCEED?  (Read 3542 times)

GenericUser

• Global Moderator
Part #2b: Inherit -- but what about SUCCEED?
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:36:11 AM »
     I CAN NOT DO IT ALONE

GenericUser was just watching "WSO Hangs Out ... Marshall Masters" at
 http://yowusa.com/2016/05/wso-13may2016/
and understood I belong in 'Reason #1' and 'Reason #2' regarding preparation.

So what about Succeeding after Inheriting? Looking at the history of humans, while they always strove for peace, equality and the like, it was hardly ever realized and when it was, it never lasted. Why?

For societies, as well as individuals like myself and yourself, something always got in the way, always brought us down. What we had that helped us to achieve our peace, we lost. That was HELP. Yup, whenever humans were successful, they had help; they asked for it; they recognized their Creator, gave praise and thanksgiving, and asked for help. But after they had it, they soon forgot it, forgot the Divine Majesty, took it for granted, figured they could do it themselves, all alone ... and then their HUMILITY turned to pride and arrogance. More land, more power, more control of people, more, more, more, because they 'deserved' it. From individual ambition to social communistic philosophy, the god became the human, the society, the collective.

So to Succeed in the next Era, the Backside, after the tribulation and transition, after you actually claim your Inheritance, if you are not Humble and walk with your God and daily give thanks and daily say "I can not do it alone" and ask for help just as you daily help and love others, humanity's experience of the era will be short-lived indeed and will come the end of all ends. Personally, I believe that among the Inheritors will be the Successful ones who will last after all others pass away and they will, in fact, experience all the peace and joys and benefits of that era as they repopulate the earth, the extremely long life, free from all illnesses and diseases, filled with love and Grace, filled with the purest waters and fertile land, and more as promised over the past millennium. There will be a one world order, but it will be under God, for God will be with humans in a new and extraordinary way, God With Us in spirit. When this era ends will come the one, eternal era without end.

GenericUser

• Global Moderator
Re: Part #2b: Inherit -- but what about SUCCEED?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 02:32:34 PM »
A Reminder From George Washington:

Even though it does not seem to be politically correct in 2017 to speak of life, religion, morality and virtue, President George Washington, in his farewell address in 1796, felt quite differently as he looked forward to the road this nation would need to follow to be faithful to the ideals of its founders:

First Inaugural Address - George Washington - April 30, 1789
“…No people can be bound to acknowledge and adore the Invisible Hand which conducts the affairs of men more than those of the United States. Every step by which they have advanced to the character of an independent nation seems to have been distinguished by some token of providential agency…”

Farewell Address - George Washington - September, 1796
“…Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked: Where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation deserts the oaths which are the instruments of investigations in courts of justice? And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be concealed to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience, both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. It is substantially true that virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government. The rule, indeed, extends with more or less force to every species of free government. Who that is a sincere friend to it can look with indifference upon attempts to shake the foundation of the fabric"
"It would be peculiarly improper to omit in this first official act my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the universe, who presides in the councils of nations, and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that His benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the people of the United States, a Government instituted by themselves for these essential purposes….”

And in his Prayer for Government, Archbishop John Carroll of Baltimore Maryland, just 5 years earlier in 1791, prayed:
"We pray Thee O God of might, wisdom and justice! Through whom authority is rightly administered, laws are enacted, and judgment decreed, assist with Thy Holy Spirit of counsel and fortitude the President of these United States, that his administration may be conducted in righteousness, and be eminently useful to Thy people over whom he presides; by encouraging due respect for virtue and religion; by a faithful execution of the laws in justice and mercy; and by restraining vice and immorality….”

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 06:50:19 AM »
Socrates, You brought up some interesting points for discussion though, especially regarding what actually constitutes religion as Creator intended it, and as a sustainable practice. 

Regarding treatment of infants and others so as to avoid contributing to the pervasive trauma (which dark forces then probably feed upon), if we simply followed the Golden Rule consistently, and applied it in all directions (toward both Creator and creation), perhaps we would not really need a religion more complex than that?  The creeds that many of us memorized as children could exist as spiritual truths without becoming idols limiting our growing understanding of the Divine.

Regarding human tendency to fail this simple religion, this is where the cults begin springing up.  There are more cults in modern life than have been so named.  Perhaps our greatest challenge as moderns is to live the simplest life that we can without being sucked into these institutions, which often begins with well-meaning idealism. 

The very beginning of the Bible seems to suggest a path toward raising healthy families and avoiding sociopathic cults: The Creator taught early humans to live so closely to the earth that they would be able to name all the animals (Genesis 2:20), eat from their own gardens (Genesis 1:29, Psalm 128:2), not depend upon city institutions and amenities (Cain's unsustainable legacy because he was prevented by curse from practicing agriculture), be stewards of their family farmland (big or small) and never be tempted to sell it (Leviticus 25).  The earliest religious observation simply involved taking a day off from work and enjoying the family (Adam + Eve + God), while reflecting with gratitude on what had been accomplished the past week (Genesis 2 etc.).  Later when the one family grew to several, each tribe had its own farmland, and would gather once a week plus holidays with tribes from the surrounding farms for essentially a grange hall prayer meeting that was simultaneously an extended family reunion.  The seeds for a cult were potentially sown at this level of social complexity, however, as a hierarchy had formed (the priesthood, to whom all tribal members were still distant kin), and a well-intentioned labyrinthine jurisprudence began accreting, with a few odious laws and practices that began creeping in, such as children being put to death by stoning for simply sassing Mom (Deut. 21), and in the case of some who had drunk the Koolaid, sacrificing their children by fire to Molech. 

So, I feel that indigenous tribal systems perhaps exemplify what was originally intended, when practiced at the simplest level that conserves family and farm, and excludes hierarchies.  I would not consider a Council of Elders, for example, necessarily to be a hierarchy, but rather an egalitarian body practicing its own part in an inclusive division of labor in which the elderly are cherished and needed in spite of potential frailty.

G.U., Thank you for reminding us of George Washington's words, especially as we remembered the story of our Independence last week.  For me, July 4 further called to mind both his warning and Jefferson's against entangling alliances - reinforcing ancient principles of simplicity and isolation.  Your point that there is no security of person or property without a religious sense of right and wrong is well made.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:16:11 PM by R.R. Book »

GenericUser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 04:58:40 PM »
As the assigned Topic was/is “The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth” I would suspect that the “Assignor” knew it’s origin and I agreed to follow the assignment.

That being said, I can only think about it’s twin:

The first shall be last
And the last first.

GU
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:03:43 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 05:10:37 AM »
To whom it may concern, we do have a general guideline here on the Planet X Town Hall, to avoid politics and religion. Not so easy to do... I realize.
Also, we have had a long - standing tradition here that religious Christian posts are allowed here in these Boards. And only in these Boards.
That's just the way it's been, for a long time.  I have had to be the peacekeeper since we had a couple of Christian Moderators in the past.

I had not noticed the various posts and the back and forth, and the upset here in this Board, lately. I got a msg from Peter.

PLS Note: Socrates you posted some very interesting subject matter and R.R. Book, you posted thoughtful responses.
This is a general statement, and nothing against anyone:
I feel this particular Board not a place to debate the validity of a religion or philosophy, or to post remarks counter to the person who created the Board.
I am asking people to leave these boards alone.
It is a place where our Mod Peter (GenericUser) can witness and communicate his deeply held beliefs.
I am not advocating any particular religion but I would like Peter to feel safe to post here.
Hoping you all will understand, never a good idea to debate religion. Please do not make a fuss over this,
G-d know we have plenty of other Boards and Topics.

To keep the peace I deleted the discussion, going on since July, which Peter brought to my attention.
I also deleted a couple of Peter's recent comments.

Peace Out, brothers and sisters,
Barbara Townsend
Administrator

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 05:33:00 AM »
Barb and Peter, it is wonderful to have someone besides the handful of us speak up in Town Hall and post where they're coming from.  Sometimes it seems that just a few of us are engaged with one another, and the question is how to get more people involved in the discussion.

Peter, you are a valued member of Town Hall, and we will wait and follow your lead as to whether and how much you want us to be involved in a dialogue with you.  If you're more comfortable not having dialogue, we will respect that too.  If you feel that dialogue is getting off-topic, then there are creative ways to correct that, such as a segue back onto where you'd like the topic to focus, or a private message to us expressing how you feel about the direction a discussion is going.  The bottom line is that you have more editorial powers than you realize, including outright deleting posts, and we are your friends who want to support you the best that we can.  Most of the other Mods here apparently come from backgrounds in which debate is considered healthy and challenging, such as the sciences, and Barb is right that the same type of critical peer review that we use for the sciences might not be appropriate to a faith-based topic.

You might want to bear in mind that your readership will be increased if people feel that a discussion is taking place that is participatory.   I suggest that some of us try reaching out to you with questions, rather than comments, for now until you feel more comfortable with us, unless you truly want us not to do so.  I do believe that this is a deeply spiritual time for all of us, secular or otherwise, and your posts may be of much value and service to the community.  :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 03:26:29 PM »
Barb and Peter, it is wonderful to have someone besides the handful of us speak up in Town Hall and post where they're coming from.  Sometimes it seems that just a few of us are engaged with one another, and the question is how to get more people involved in the discussion.

Peter, you are a valued member of Town Hall, and we will wait and follow your lead as to whether and how much you want us to be involved in a dialogue with you.  If you're more comfortable not having dialogue, we will respect that too.  If you feel that dialogue is getting off-topic, then there are creative ways to correct that, such as a segue back onto where you'd like the topic to focus, or a private message to us expressing how you feel about the direction a discussion is going.  The bottom line is that you have more editorial powers than you realize, including outright deleting posts, and we are your friends who want to support you the best that we can.  Most of the other Mods here apparently come from backgrounds in which debate is considered healthy and challenging, such as the sciences, and Barb is right that the same type of critical peer review that we use for the sciences might not be appropriate to a faith-based topic.

You might want to bear in mind that your readership will be increased if people feel that a discussion is taking place that is participatory.   I suggest that some of us try reaching out to you with questions, rather than comments, for now until you feel more comfortable with us, unless you truly want us not to do so.  I do believe that this is a deeply spiritual time for all of us, secular or otherwise, and your posts may be of much value and service to the community.  :)

RR I appreciate your reply... certainly nothing wrong with any of your posts. :)
Per policy we shouldn't even have partisan political or specific religious posts - but this area is an exception, one which I had allowed, over time to try and keep the peace.
We had some deeply religious fundamentalist Christian Moderators and Administrators, most of whom have dropped out. Very hard to please everyone...

I agree this is a deeply spiritual time and we all have our path or a mixture of paths...
In this particular board, bunch of Topics it just immediately becomes problematic when comments or questions enter in... anything questioning Peters perspective. Or questioning the validity of any one religion.
In any other Board in the world it would be fine...
I don't like the one to stop free flow of communication but truth be told, Peter is dealing with serious health issues and we  would like him to continue on... share what he has to share...

Socrates and anyone else: I am hoping we can take a hands off policy with Peter's Boards and avoid any further conflict or I will end up having to delete these boards. I have kept them here for years, as a touchstone for Christian readers... and because they are Peter's Boards.

We have so much else to focus on such as the survival and health Boards...
I hope this helps...as I said darn near impossible to please everyone...
Love to you All,
Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 04:05:51 PM »
PS Socrates you have so much to contribute and have done so. You have been amazing.
Let's focus on survival Topics and leave this religious Board alone.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 05:33:34 PM »

RR I appreciate your reply... certainly nothing wrong with any of your posts. :)
Per policy we shouldn't even have partisan political or specific religious posts - but this area is an exception, one which I had allowed, over time to try and keep the peace.
We had some deeply religious fundamentalist Christian Moderators and Administrators, most of whom have dropped out. Very hard to please everyone...

I agree this is a deeply spiritual time and we all have our path or a mixture of paths...
In this particular board, bunch of Topics it just immediately becomes problematic when comments or questions enter in... anything questioning Peters perspective. Or questioning the validity of any one religion.
I don't like the one to stop free flow of communication but truth be told, Peter is dealing with serious health issues and we  would like him to continue on... share what he has to share...

Socrates and anyone else: I am hoping we can take a hands off policy with Peter's Boards and avoid any further conflict or I will end up having to delete these boards. I have kept them here for years, as a touchstone for Christian readers... and because they are Peter's Boards.

Love to you All,
Barb Townsend
And I'll just add a few words. 

Peter and I have dialogued over the years, on the TH, as well as in PM's, and while I sense our views on religion are approximately 180 degrees apart, we have managed not to argue or engage in name-calling, make accusatory statements, or insist on who is "right" and who is "wrong".   Rather, we have occasionally explained our own views to each other, and it's interesting! 

At any rate, I always welcome Peter's posts, whether I resonate with a particular post or not.  It is great that he has a place he can call "his own".

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 07:12:43 PM »

Love to you All,
Barb Townsend

Peter and I have dialogued over the years, on the TH, as well as in PM's, and while I sense our views on religion are approximately 180 degrees apart, we have managed not to argue or engage in name-calling, make accusatory statements, or insist on who is "right" and who is "wrong".   Rather, we have occasionally explained our own views to each other, and it's interesting! 

At any rate, I always welcome Peter's posts, whether I resonate with a particular post or not.  It is great that he has a place he can call "his own".

ilinda, thank you for your input, yes true the discussions have been civil.
I agree, it is a place Peter can call his own, and that is one reason why I want him to feel comfortable in it.
The other reason, as I posted before, hope it communicates well, I wanted for there to be one place on the forum which is a safe space for Christians to post their beliefs.
That position was evolved after back and forth with some Mods and Admins.
After being rather combative about keeping the forum secular it evolved to my being the (hopefully) peacemaker, so I stated it was the one place for Christian posts. A touchstone for Christian readers, and may it remain so. There is no point in engaging in philosophical discussions about religion here in these Boards...

(My religious views? Well not so easy to categorize and a combination of Judaism and eastern religions, so on - and more that will just get me into trouble if I post.)  So, Amen!   :)   :)

Peter I hope you don't mind my posting about you sometimes in the tail end of this rather awkward discussion.
Never met you, but I love you,
I wish peace and health many blessings to you and to all of us. :)

GenericUser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 07:18:49 AM »

Love to you All,
Barb Townsend

ilinda, thank you for your input, yes true the discussions have been civil.
I agree, it is a place Peter can call his own, and that is one reason why I want him to feel comfortable in it.
The other reason, as I posted before, hope it communicates well, I wanted for there to be one place on the forum which is a safe space for Christians to post their beliefs.
That position was evolved after back and forth with some Mods and Admins.
After being rather combative about keeping the forum secular it evolved to my being the (hopefully) peacemaker, so I stated it was the one place for Christian posts. A touchstone for Christian readers, and may it remain so. There is no point in engaging in philosophical discussions about religion here in these Boards...

(My religious views? Well not so easy to categorize and a combination of Judaism and eastern religions, so on - and more that will just get me into trouble if I post.)  So, Amen!   :)   :)

Peter I hope you don't mind my posting about you sometimes in the tail end of this rather awkward discussion.
Never met you, but I love you,
I wish peace and health many blessings to you and to all of us. :)

Barb,

Thank you. I am just a byte, I mean bit,  ;)  embarrassed by all of this. Dear iLinda, long time no talk! My fault. Were it not for Barb and you I would have been long gone but instead, I’ve made two very wonderful friends. And yes, how great it is to share (I use the picture you sent me years ago as my FB picture).

A series of circumstances over the past two years have really hindered me in my attempt to be helpful in PXTH. It looks like there’s a light at the end of that tunnel this Spring. I’m working toward that end.

My LOVE to both of you and to RRB and the others in this Town Hall and my Best Wishes as well. The town hall where I live should be half as good!

Peace and Joy,
Peter aka GU

PS I’m posting this without preview because I’m on a iPad and will correct any errors later when on a “computer”.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!