Author Topic: breatharianism [or better: "inedia"]  (Read 320 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
breatharianism [or better: "inedia"]
« on: November 22, 2017, 06:29:06 PM »
'Survival math' really just doesn't add up; How on Earth am i ever going to establish an off-grid and self-sustaining setup if i have to manage maintaining a caloric intake of at least 2000 per day?
The answer: You don't have to...

Listened to this podcast on breatharianism yesterday and it all suddenly clicked for me. This Israeli dude Ray Maor was explaining about it and about retreats he offers around the world.
I'd heard of breatharianism before and i even have a "fasting & breatharianism" thread at my own online database. I even heard about this breatharian couple who actually got pregnant and had a baby [!] without eating anything. So maybe this background knowledge and experience had me prepared to hear about it and have it resonate with me now.

Ray Maor says he's not really living as a breatharian today anymore, but that he has a meal once or twice a week. But, hell, i'll take it; it would mean actually being able to survive [and perhaps even thrive] on things like fruit one should be able to grow oneself. I mean, i could never manage 2000 calories a day, but 200 to 400? I believe that should be feasible.
This guy is by no means the first or only such person i've come across through the years; i heard David Jubb talk about living without food for 11 years and he, too, went back to eating small amounts after that.
So perhaps that's part of it for me today, since this Ray Maor is saying in the above podcast that coming to believe it's even possible is an important first step in attaining breatharianism.

Surviving a worst case scenario TEOTWAWKI event, freedom, self-reliance, health, being able to make it on top of a mountain... All these things are extremely benefitted by the vast reduction of need for resources that breatharianism offers.
Frankly, perhaps, it's not particularly a young man's game, for just like the podcast mentions and i myself experienced when i went vegan for 2 years in the '90s, changing to this way of eating and living also has a lot to do with one's social life. But since i've already more or less come to expect i'll wind up living like a hermit some day and since my current social life is minimal anyway, i'm not looking to others around me for feedback or support anymore. So maybe it's just time.

First step, apparently, is detox. So it's back to regular juices, vegan foods, clay, MMS, fermented foods, etc. for me...  :P
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:23:18 PM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
fasting
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 05:42:11 PM »
So i started downloading and listening to podcasts @ oneradionetwork again [been doing so on-and-off just about when Patrick Timpone started back in '08] and it does not disappoint.
Master Lui-Gino also says that people who have cleansed [detoxed] their system can live off of as little as 1 meal a week. And he, too, offers a fairly simple process to achieve as much.

We as preppers / survivalists have much to contemplate in this regard, i believe, for if one can drastically reduce one's caloric intake, survival options similarly change dramatically.
Master Fast System, Facebook, website
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:22:21 PM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:14:30 PM by Socrates »
survival database

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
inedia
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 02:16:23 PM »
I found a terribly interesting online book from a Polack called Joachim Werdin:

inedia
An inediate is a man who does not need food or drink for their body to function properly. Inediate's mind and body function perfectly. This word originates from the old Christian scripts describing saints who lived for years without eating and drinking. Presently the word inedia relates not only to Christian saints but describes any man living without eating and drinking regardless of their religion or beliefs.
breatharian
Every man who needs to breath to live is a breatharian. Air is food for humans. Humans are breatharians. Whether they eat or not, has nothing to do with being a breatharian. Even if you eat tons of food every day, you are still a breatharian. Presently the term breatharian is often misused and misunderstood because people wrongly say 'breatharian' when they really mean 'inediate' or possibly 'non-eater'.

Despite what some people and the mass media are promoting, inedia is mainly one of the by-products on the way to expanding the sphere of the Consciousness in which man lives, in other words, on the way to perfection, on the path of conscious self-development. Making non-eating the main goal and attempting to adapt the body to living without food, without the necessary spiritual considerations, can cause suffering to you. One of the reasons why I have written this book is to deliver proper and practical information about: what the matter is about, which way of doing it is more beneficial, what should not be omitted, what should be considered etc.
It is worth remembering that inedia is related to conscious self-development, although a completely unaware man who is not interested in this matter, also can acquire the ability to live without inserting anything into their mouth.
survival database