Author Topic: tactics and techniques  (Read 128 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
tactics and techniques
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:41:30 AM »
Gtumo, the ability and practice of living without heating.
Supposedly, there are these Tibetan monks who can lie in the snow and actually evaporate the water in a wet towel on their naked bodies...

Today there is Wim Hof, 'the iceman'. [Coincidentally also] Dutch, but me being Dutch has no bearing on this post; this man is internationally acclaimed and reknowned for his research and achievements.
He has walked mountains wearing only shorts and had himself covered in ice [among other stunts] just to prove the point that the body is capable of much more than is commonly assumed and accepted to be the case.

There happens to be a business about 200 yards from me where one is able to do a 'Wim Hof Method' workshop; i put down the € 55 and spent a few hours doing breathing exercises and dropped down into a tub with ice cubes for about a minute, 3 times.
If nothing else it'll teach you that if you ever fall into freezing water, the point is to stay calm; your body will adjust if you let it. And that's just after a single experience... With training, anyone can do what 'the iceman' does.
Supposedly, after just one such experience, the body produces 6 x as many white blood cells, thereby dramatically increasing one's ability to combat disease (and that effect lasts for almost a week).
From a survival and prepping point of view, this kind of knowledge, training and experience are priceless. What if you don't have to invest in tons of resources to keep yourself warm?

It's similar to the matter of inedia or autotrophism; what if you don't have to stock up on tons of food? Then, in the end, there is only location.
Location, location, location; it always seems to boil down to that one; maybe go read the thread on location linked in my signature below...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:08:40 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: tactics and techniques
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 06:33:42 AM »
Socrates, I've often heard of residents of the Arctic who go swimming in frigid waters once they've thawed in spring - apparently it's a tradition up there.  Interesting to learn that it has health benefits!  :)