Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Déjà vu  (Read 5611 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Déjà vu
« on: March 07, 2014, 09:37:41 AM »
RE:  Déjà vu
We had a Topic for this but no clue where it is. We lost some Boards Topics and posts a couple years ago in an inadvertent data dump  ??? (I didn't do it.)  :)

I find Déjà vu  (let's just say Deja vu) a very interesting phenomenon.

What has brought my attention to it is, recently I had a couple of strong deja vu flashes.
I tend to take these as a warning to slow down, look around, be mindful of surrounds and be careful of the next step.
Any ideas?
- Yowbarb

This wikipedia source is not necessarily the best it is one reference.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Déjà vu, (/ˌdeɪʒɑː ˈvuː/) from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past, whether it has actually happened or not.

Endtimesgal_2012

Re: Déjà vu
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:50:28 AM »
Yes, I have many instances of De'ja' vu.  Often something is happening, usually not anything to rock my world, and I will realize that I already dreamt about it.  It is like it has already happened and you are simply repeating it all over again.  You know what will happen, and you know the conversation before it is completed.  Used to bother me, doesn't anymore, I just take it for granted.

I remember when I was really young, I went to view an apartment.  The manager unlocked the door, and I stepped inside.  I said:  "I'll take it." 

The manager asked me, "Don't you want to see the rest before you decide?"  I replied, "I don't have to, I know what it looks like already."  And I did, right down to where I would place the baby's crib in the bedroom, as I had already seen myself living in it in a dream.

I also used to be able to tell if someone had died in a home prior.  That was a little bit bothersome.  I have also lived in a few haunted houses, but only one place was bothersome.  The others did not bother me.  At that time of my life I was not spiritually advanced enough to know to try to help them cross over.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:07:30 AM »
Yes, I have many instances of De'ja' vu.  Often something is happening, usually not anything to rock my world, and I will realize that I already dreamt about it.  It is like it has already happened and you are simply repeating it all over again.  You know what will happen, and you know the conversation before it is completed.  Used to bother me, doesn't anymore, I just take it for granted.

I remember when I was really young, I went to view an apartment.  The manager unlocked the door, and I stepped inside.  I said:  "I'll take it." 

The manager asked me, "Don't you want to see the rest before you decide?"  I replied, "I don't have to, I know what it looks like already."  And I did, right down to where I would place the baby's crib in the bedroom, as I had already seen myself living in it in a dream.

I also used to be able to tell if someone had died in a home prior.  That was a little bit bothersome.  I have also lived in a few haunted houses, but only one place was bothersome.  The others did not bother me.  At that time of my life I was not spiritually advanced enough to know to try to help them cross over.

That's really interesting. My deja vue is not so complete a foresight. Rather, it is like a deep warning of the need to be mindful. Not sure if my explanation makes total sense.
Will post more on it soon.
Re haunted houses - yep been there and done that way too many times.  :)
Our first house in California, I clearly remember my Dad saying the house was haunted and explaining why he thought that. I was only about 3 1/2 at the time but my language ability was beyond my years and my memory goes way back so I know he said that. For whatever reason, my Mother never mentioned these things, but my Dad did just a couple of times. Maybe, being a Scorpio he just could not ignore what was actually there and his perception ran pretty deep in some ways.
I have had a lot of experiences and it was not until about 40 years of it I finally realize I should help the person. I "un - stuck" a couple of spiritual beings. It was a bit of a deal to go through but  over all a beautiful experience...
Some spiritual beings are just nasty and I am not an expert yet in getting rid of those.

Mountain Gypsy

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 10:36:22 AM »
I have to wonder if this is something that every human has experienced at one time or another. You should do a poll.   

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 09:08:05 AM »
I experienced deja vu just last night.  When I was younger, when I experienced it, it would be more in detail.  Like I knew what this person was going to do or say, or what I was going to do, etc.  But, at least for the last 10 years, all I get out of it is the feeling like, Yeah, this is deja vu, I've seen this before and the last time I saw it, I knew I had seen it before that even.  So it's like deja vu for me now is like having a deja vu of a deja vu.  Nothing else.  Nothing interesting with them anymore.  It's almost disappointing to have one now, and boring.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 09:32:03 PM »
I experienced deja vu just last night.  When I was younger, when I experienced it, it would be more in detail.  Like I knew what this person was going to do or say, or what I was going to do, etc.  But, at least for the last 10 years, all I get out of it is the feeling like, Yeah, this is deja vu, I've seen this before and the last time I saw it, I knew I had seen it before that even.  So it's like deja vu for me now is like having a deja vu of a deja vu.  Nothing else.  Nothing interesting with them anymore.  It's almost disappointing to have one now, and boring.

I had one the other day but don't recall it now... that happens when a lot is going on or I am tired, I don't always remember or be fully cognizant.
perhaps there is nothing to Déjà vu. That is a very subjective belief, whether a person believes it is important or not.
when I get Déjà vu I go on my guard, like I am being given a forewarning or something, like wake up and go left instead of right. Hard to explain...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 09:32:28 PM »
I have to wonder if this is something that every human has experienced at one time or another. You should do a poll.

Good idea.
I just posted it, I see it went to the top of the Topic.
I voted,
Yes I have had the experience of Déjà vu.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 09:37:16 PM »
PS Only Members can post. Only Members can poll, so sign up.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 10:38:15 AM »
I had a strong feeling of Déjà vu a few days ago,.
No recollection what was happening at the time.
Whenever I get one of those I take it as a warning, take a breath look, around me, and proceed with caution.
Sorta like one of those sci fi shows on time travel where you go back to the same time period and this time be mindful and change the outcome.  8)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 03:02:47 PM »
I had a strong feeling of Déjà vu a few days ago,.
No recollection what was happening at the time.
Whenever I get one of those I take it as a warning, take a breath look, around me, and proceed with caution.
Sorta like one of those sci fi shows on time travel where you go back to the same time period and this time be mindful and change the outcome.  8)
Like you, I've had Deja vu experiences, and some seem important, while others seem ho-hum.  Can't recall the most recent, but sometimes I'll say, "I've seen this before" or something similar.  Maybe I/we should write them down, as some of them seem fleeting as do some dreams, unless I write them down.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 09:45:59 PM »
ilinda, I know what you mean they are such fleeting experiences...

Marzstar

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 08:02:25 AM »
Ilinda

This has been happening to me on such a frequent basis.  Thank you for sharing.

Mariam

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 11:16:57 PM »
Ilinda

Mariam

That is interesting to know...
Thanks for sharing.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 02:46:50 PM »
Ilinda

Mariam
Do you document these in some journal?  If so, have you analyzed any and do you feel certain you understand the purpose, or source, i.e, why are you seeing this stuff again, or why are you re-experiencing these things?

Ekratz

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 03:51:29 AM »
In 2009, my daughter and I went to the ozarks to look for land to prepare for what is coming.  The night before we left I had a dream about some property. It sat on a plateau at the top of a long driveway and had a huge tree in its center.  The very first property that the realetor showed me had just come on the market 2 days before and was 20 acres. I was looking for 10 acres, but agreed to see it. We walked up a driveway that measures about 1300 feet long.  I was so surprised to see at the top exactly what had been in my dream!!  I did buy it as I took this to be what God had wanted me to see and do.  I have never regretted it.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!