Author Topic: No posts on DENTAL HEALTH yet...?!  (Read 553 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
No posts on DENTAL HEALTH yet...?!
« on: December 12, 2016, 11:09:39 PM »
Our teeth; this is where the rubber really hits the road. And for more reasons than one!

So-called dental medicine is really a joke. Millions of people religiously brushing their teeth 3 x a day and still getting cavities. What's wrong with this picture? Well, i'll tell you.

Dental 'medicine' is one of the great modern scams. And this you have to realize as prepper / survivalist or much of your preparations appear moot.
Let's get down to brass tacks here; Weston Price was a real authority in relation to dental health; he was simultaneously the head of the national Dental Association and an accomplished dental health researcher [this was in the days when competence and authority could still sometimes go hand-in-hand...].
Weston Price actually went all over the world in search of peoples with real dental health and researched where the hell it came from. His findings were very telling, though politically incorrect in today's pharmaceutical paradigm...
This great pioneer actually found peoples with no tooth decay whatsoever. After some reflection and research he discovered that it had to do with a few factors specifically relevant to dental health. Now, not all of these people ate the same diets. In fact, their diets could look nothing alike. However, they did have one thing in common: they supplied them with the minerals they needed to keep their teeth growing and putting out new enamel all through their life..

Wait, wait; don't all dental professionals tell you that your body cannot grow new enamel?!
Yeah, Weston Price found out 100 years ago that that's all bs. Though modern professionals will suggest and tell you that your teeth are like rocks that need to be chiseled and repaired like some kind of dental statues residing within our mouth, logic and science show a completely different picture, for there are MILES of blood vessels to be found within each tooth. That's logical since... they are alive and growing parts of your body!
But haven't we all been led to believe that we need dentists to drill and mortar our teeth like some kind of mouth rocks? Yes, and it made them a lot of money...

Let's get back to the peoples Weston Price encountered when he was traveling the world in search of folks with perfect teeth. He learned that people with ZERO [!] cavities also had very broad jaw bones; in effect, they were simply people with so many minerals in their diet that their bodies were able to optimally produce whatever tissue was natural and desirable. It effected their bodies in many subtle ways and it allowed for their teeth to be constantly putting out new enamel or new bone when needed. In fact, you could chisel into their teeth and it would regrow, including an enamel layer.

Margory Wildcraft helped put out a DVD in which Doug Simons explains how one can take care of one's teeth and cause them to heal. But there's no magic or rocket science here; it's all about minerals and proper diet, plus some helpful techniques to support healing from poor diets and dental failures.

After 35+ years of interest in health and diet it is clear to me that health is all about minerals, toxicity control and healthy gut flora. These are things that used to be quite natural and easy to come by, which is why only 3% of folks would die of cancer or heart disease in 1900 in the U.S.A. [as opposed to 80% nowadays].
You get minerals from minerally-dense foods. These are grown in minerally-dense soils...
Hence the importance of permaculture.
Toxicity control is about avoiding dangerous foods and focusing on a diet of safe, minerally-dense clean foods. Often this simply means foods you have grown yourself.
Fermented foods supply the gut with the necessary beneficial bacteria, though there are other good habits, like consuming foods grown in good soil that have not been washed-to-death; in this way beneficial bacteria in the soil make their way into your gut.

These people Weston Price found that enjoyed zero tooth decay are what survivors of the coming apocalypse should be focusing on; how do i create a culture that enjoys similar benefits and therefore requires neither doctors nor dentists?; that is the question. The question is NOT: "How do i save antibiotics or learn to drill holes in teeth?"!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:10:34 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: No posts on DENTAL HEALTH yet...?!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 12:29:43 PM »
Our teeth; this is where the rubber really hits the road. And for more reasons than one!

So-called dental medicine is really a joke. Millions of people religiously brushing their teeth 3 x a day and still getting cavities. What's wrong with this picture? Well, i'll tell you.

Dental 'medicine' is one of the great modern scams. And this you have to realize as prepper / survivalist or much of your preparations appear moot.
Let's get down to brass tacks here; Weston Price was a real authority in relation to dental health; he was simultaneously the head of the national Dental Association and an accomplished dental health researcher [this was in the days when competence and authority could still sometimes go hand-in-hand...].
Weston Price actually went all over the world in search of peoples with real dental health and researched where the hell it came from. His findings were very telling, though politically incorrect in today's pharmaceutical paradigm...
This great pioneer actually found peoples with no tooth decay whatsoever. After some reflection and research he discovered that it had to do with a few factors specifically relevant to dental health. Now, not all of these people ate the same diets. In fact, their diets could look nothing alike. However, they did have one thing in common: they supplied them with the minerals they needed to keep their teeth growing and putting out new enamel all through their life..

Wait, wait; don't all dental professionals tell you that your body cannot grow new enamel?!
Yeah, Weston Price found out 100 years ago that that's all bs. Though modern professionals will suggest and tell you that your teeth are like rocks that need to be chiseled and repaired like some kind of dental statues residing within our mouth, logic and science show a completely different picture, for there are MILES of blood vessels to be found within each tooth. That's logical since... they are alive and growing parts of your body!
But haven't we all been led to believe that we need dentists to drill and mortar our teeth like some kind of mouth rocks? Yes, and it made them a lot of money...

Let's get back to the peoples Weston Price encountered when he was traveling the world in search of folks with perfect teeth. He learned that people with ZERO [!] cavities also had very broad jaw bones; in effect, they were simply people with so many minerals in their diet that their bodies were able to optimally produce whatever tissue was natural and desirable. It effected their bodies in many subtle ways and it allowed for their teeth to be constantly putting out new enamel or new bone when needed. In fact, you could chisel into their teeth and it would regrow, including an enamel layer.

Margory Wildcraft helped put out a DVD in which Doug Simons explains how one can take care of one's teeth and cause them to heal. But there's no magic or rocket science here; it's all about minerals and proper diet, plus some helpful techniques to support healing from poor diets and dental failures.

After 35+ years of interest in health and diet it is clear to me that health is all about minerals, toxicity control and healthy gut flora. These are things that used to be quite natural and easy to come by, which is why only 3% of folks would die of cancer or heart disease in 1900 in the U.S.A. [as opposed to 80% nowadays].
You get minerals from minerally-dense foods. These are grown in minerally-dense soils...
Hence the importance of permaculture.
Toxicity control is about avoiding dangerous foods and focusing on a diet of safe, minerally-dense clean foods. Often this simply means foods you have grown yourself.
Fermented foods supply the gut with the necessary beneficial bacteria, though there are other good habits, like consuming foods grown in good soil that have not been washed-to-death; in this way beneficial bacteria in the soil make their way into your gut.

These people Weston Price found that enjoyed zero tooth decay are what survivors of the coming apocalypse should be focusing on; how do i create a culture that enjoys similar benefits and therefore requires neither doctors nor dentists?; that is the question. The question is NOT: "How do i save antibiotics or learn to drill holes in teeth?"!
Good information.  I ordered the CD of Doug Simons, through Marjory Wildcraft, and he also shows how to make a wooden "stick" for teeth cleaning, which does not do the damage to teeth that steel dental implements do.

For those who live in cities, or anywhere where they cannot grow food, and cannot find organic and/or permaculture-grown food at farmer's markets, there are two fairly good sources of minerals, each slightly different. 

Horsetail, or "Equisetum", is a plant highly valuable for someone wanting to remineralize teeth.  There are two types of equisetum--the one that has thin stems and is highly branched, and the other with tall thick, unbranched stems, appearing somewhat "prehistoric" with its nodes or junctures spaced up and down its vertical stems.  The desired one is the unbranched, thick-stemmed variety.  It grows along creek banks around here and presumably that is where it prefers due to proximity to water.  Doug tells how to dry, then pulverize this plant, then dose with a small amount several times a month.  The most important thing I remember about it is that the equisetum powder must be boiled about 20-30 minutes in water before ingestion, as some enzyme must be deactivated first.  (I'm not sure this part was in the CD, but I read it in the text accompanying the CD, or in a separate article on teeth remineralization.)

A second source of minerals good for teeth and bones is eggshell.  It is important to use organic or biodynamic, as conventional chicken feed is supplemented with arsenic, which no doubt ends up in the shells.

Years ago I took a course called Medicinal Botany, a wonderful course detailing many of the practices across the world that tie our plant world to medicinal and health uses.  One topic was "chewing sticks".  The course was co-taught by Dr. Walter Lewis and his wife Dr. Memory-Elvin Lewis, who had traveled extensively throughout various African countries in search of relevant practices.  They discussed how most of the native peoples never had toothbrushes as we do, but would make their own chewing sticks out of certain types of tree stems/branches.  The sample stick I recall was about the length of our toothbrushes, with one end being the handle, and the other having been flayed out into many projections, so that the end of the stick almost resembled a "brush" but was spherical, and each of the "bristles" was somewhat flexible.  The handle end might have been sharpened in the manner of that of Doug Simons' tooth cleaning stick.  If I can find my notes from the class, I'll post about the types of trees that were used, and one I do recall was our dogwood.

Also, IIRC, it was stated that people would "chew" on their chewing sticks off and on all day, or something similar.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: More on dental
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 11:54:27 PM »
A second source of minerals good for teeth and bones is eggshell.  It is important to use organic or biodynamic, as conventional chicken feed is supplemented with arsenic, which no doubt ends up in the shells.
Tony Pantalleresco suggests leaving eggshells in vinegar until they are dissolved and then take a teaspoon of that a day.

I've been collecting tidbits on dental health and dental care for years. Stories like that a single drop of ratfish liver oil will stop you from ever having tooth decay.

There are other considerations, like the importance of strontium and magnesium for strong bones, especially teeth. In the end you just need minerally-dense foods; then you don't have to worry about details.

If you are still on the fence about mercury fillings, i suggest you read Hal Huggins' book It's All In Your Head. Somebody who's studied chemistry recently said to me: "Oh, mercury fillings should be fine, for the amalgam doesn't react the same as pure mercury would". People like that need to read the research and stop their wishful thinking; it's so adolescent. If you still have mercury fillings, get them taken out, for the neural toxin mercury is severely limiting your mind's ability to work properly. (Take brazil nuts for a natural way to rid the body of mercury.)

I myself don't brush anymore, for i just use toothpicks to brush my teeth (as well as clean between them). I can't go out finding dry sticks, especially in Holland [climate like Seattle] but toothpicks are everywhere and very cheap. I try to carry some with me all the time now.

One guy told me he got rid of a cavity using MMS and why not? The herbs and other things Doug Simons mentions are largely there to do away with harmful bacteria in the mouth but nothing is deadlier to such bacteria than MMS. It tastes terrible so i gave up rinsing with it a long time ago, but i'll make a single drop, perhaps add some DMSO, and dip a Q-tip in it and bring it to whatever place on my teeth i wish directly. I also often put clay (powder) in my mouth when i go to bed to it can soak up bad elements during the night [in the morning i just rinse my mouth and Bob's yer uncle]. If i have a real problem i mix the clay with MMS and put it where i have pain or infection or whatever.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 12:06:15 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: horsetail
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 11:20:41 PM »
The most important thing I remember about it is that the equisetum powder must be boiled about 20-30 minutes in water before ingestion, as some enzyme must be deactivated first.  (I'm not sure this part was in the CD, but I read it in the text accompanying the CD, or in a separate article on teeth remineralization.)
Horsetail is coming up again [here in Holland, i.e. 52 degrees lattitude, April 20 2017] and i'm pleasantly surprised to read about boiling it first... I have been collecting it for years and perhaps because i have not been boiling it i have not received the results i'd hoped for.

Where did you read or hear this?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:17:43 PM by Socrates »
survival database

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 01:45:19 PM »
The most important thing I remember about it is that the equisetum powder must be boiled about 20-30 minutes in water before ingestion, as some enzyme must be deactivated first.  (I'm not sure this part was in the CD, but I read it in the text accompanying the CD, or in a separate article on teeth remineralization.)
Horsetail is coming up again [here in Holland, i.e. 52 degrees lattitude, April 20 2017] and i'm pleasantly surprised to read about boiling it first... I have been collecting it for year and perhaps because i have not been boiling it i have not received the results i'd hoped for.

Where did you read or hear this?
I've been trying to find my source, as my herbalist friend did not hear or read that either.  I do remember now the specifics.  It said that making a decoction out of horsetail (which means boiling about 20-30 minutes first) is important because it is needed to deactivate thiaminase.  Apparently there's an enzyme, thiaminase, which will destroy or inactivate your own thimine, so you first need to denature the thiaminase.  I'll try to find my source.

I've only used the horsetail a few times, using up the batch I originally pulverized, drinking a glass a day until it was gone, after about 5 days or so.  I also remember that it said one should not take horsetail daily, but only about 4-5X/per month.  Maybe I can find the source and clarify everything.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 11:31:19 PM »
one should not take horsetail daily, but only about 4-5X/per month.
In my own 20-min. compilation (i made years ago) @ 6 min. 40 sec it says one should consume the horsetail 5 or 10 days and then take a few days off; 10 day/month for healthy teeth is supposedly sufficient.
survival database

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: No posts on DENTAL HEALTH yet...?!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 12:01:53 AM »
Interesting info...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 05:22:42 PM »
one should not take horsetail daily, but only about 4-5X/per month.
In my own 20-min. compilation (i made years ago) @ 6 min. 40 sec it says one should consume the horsetail 5 or 10 days and then take a few days off; 10 day/month for healthy teeth is supposedly sufficient.
I would think 10 days/mo would be OK, and IIRC, the reason for caution, and not dosing daily is that horsetail is somewhat of a diuretic, and in spite of being full of beneficial minerals, its diuretic effect could undo all that if taken daily. 
To be on the safe side, I'll probably stick with 5 or so days/mo.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Premier Limited Edition
Offer Ends July 31, 2016

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Survival Seed Vault

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!