Author Topic: Emissions is to Blame  (Read 3407 times)

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
Emissions is to Blame
« on: September 08, 2010, 09:30:31 AM »
The non-believer still want to save the world by cutting emissions. While people are dying of hunger which take a month time. We going to reduce emisson which will take years to clean up, maybe even decade.

Artical: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews_excl/ynews_excl_sc3564

What can be done to ease the problems?
When it comes to short-term problems -- shortages and high prices -- the key is to ensure that global food stocks get to the countries that most need them, agricultural experts say.
The long-term problem is far more complicated. The only real solution, many scientists believe, is to tackle global warming at its root, by reducing emissions from fossil fuels or by stepping up efforts to take carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases out of the atmosphere.

There a joke that said.  "Sometime communicating to the dead is easier then communicating with an engineer."

8hertz

Icon

Re: Emissions is to Blame
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:26:41 AM »
Hunger could be cut way down in a few months. The problem is, farmers and government don't want to raise to many crops so that the price drops down to far and hurts the industry.
Open federal land to new farming, give people with no job a chance to work. Lease out to them the land and equipment at a decent price, no big profit to the government, just enough for pay for the equipment and land use.
And use equipment that is needed and nothing else,, a lot of the farmers went under because they had to have the newest, the biggest and best equipment on the market. If you have a bad year, it's hard to pay for something if your a couple million in debt,,

noproblemo2

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 10:32:51 AM »
Could also use the closed down military bases too.....

Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 11:07:37 AM »
Bases could be used for a lot of things to help people... but as in farming, it boils down to profit and control,,, helping people comes 2nd,,, or maybe 3rd...

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 10:18:32 PM »
CO2 is not the cause of the warming. When are they gonna admit it. It would appear we are being bombarded by gamma rays, amongst others at this time.

noproblemo2

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
Ed would these by chance cause very itchy skin when outdoors? Something several of us here have been noticing of late????

Alfred Williams

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 05:45:42 AM »
The planet has been increasingly puking methane everywhere. Just as the planet is having increased earthquake activity. We have already tipped the climate switch but it is not by man but in spite of man's inrceased carbon footprint. Just as all the Bibles of the planets religions points to the end, many feel oh if we stop the events described in prophesy the world will not not end. All that we see geologically would have occurred anyway. It is meant to be signs of what is to come but most people see those things as the cause of the trigger. No they are describing the events of the time as bench marks in time not a cause or effect. This is hard for me to explain to a lot of people. I always here if we can just stop the anti-christ. Well I am sorry all the human bechmarks in our historical records is meant to benchmark the time that the change starts NOT the cause. Man always finds a way to capitalize on fear to create wealth from it. This is all the more reason to prepare spiritually because this is truly out of our hands except we have the capacity to destroy our enemies with many a ginned up reason. In the end it will not matter. The controllers thru time have slowed down mans ability to self-destruct, that is up till now. They are letting the worlds leaders play havoc with the populace at this point in time because it will all be reset soon no matter what we do. Man by nature wants to believe all is fixable if you just do this or that or not this or that, all to suit their own greed. Also unfortunately I have friends that believe nothing is happenning or will happen it is just hogwash. I am sorry for those that can not see or feel the reality{{:>)
It is not what you know.
It is what you do with what you know!!

Carlg

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 11:07:35 AM »
Rent out the government land for farming.  Sorry but most of the government land is not suitable for the sort of farming you are thinking about.  Most of the government land is to steep, rocky, or dry to support the sort of farming that would solve the problem.  In fact trying to make the govenment land produce would probably create more problems.  Irrigation of the land in many areas is the may problem.   If you cut the trees to plant a crop you may have errosion and the loss of water infiltration needed to keep flooding from occuring.
If the world can not feed the people here now, maybe there are to many people.   Is over population a problem?
I learned a good lesson years ago when I worked for the BLM setting grazing alotments.  Very simple , to many cows will destroy the range and it takes a long time to recover.  Every place has a carring capacity and I have a feeling the earth is reaching that point, in fact it may have exceeded it.
The problem is that when the cows destroyed the range they just stood around and starved, this I have seen, but if people run out of food they are intelligent enough to go and try to take it from someone else, and so you have war.  The next wars will be for food and water.

augonit

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »
I have long felt that there will be a war over water in the SW US sometime.

VillageIdiot

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 07:29:37 AM »
I have long felt that there will be a war over water in the SW US sometime.
Augonit, you may be on to something: http://www.lvrj.com/news/flood-a-boon-for-lake-mead-112995899.html
. . .
Every foot of elevation counts right now at Lake Mead because it helps keep the surface of the drought-stricken reservoir above a federal shortage line that would force Nevada and Arizona to curtail their Colorado River use.

The trigger point for that shortage declaration is 1,075 feet above sea level. When the rain began to fall in Southern Nevada on Dec. 17, the lake sat at elevation 1,083.8. By Dec. 26, it had risen to 1,086.
. . .
Lake Mead gets nearly all of its water from snow that falls in the Rockies and melts into the Colorado River and its tributaries. Precipitation here -- even heavy rain and flooding -- generally has no measurable effect on the reservoir.
. . .
The water level in Lake Mead has dropped about 130 feet since record drought took hold on the Colorado 11 years ago.

Now water users are scrambling to find ways to keep Lake Mead from slipping below the 1,075 mark.. . .
Live long and prosper!