Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 45529 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #285 on: January 11, 2018, 05:33:42 PM »
In all fairness, I should post the article that mentions Missouri having won the "honor" of being placed on the list of "The Ten Places NOT to Visit in the World".
Unfortunately the article is accurate, so I feel it should be posted since I've earlier posted "land for sale" ads.

http://www.kmov.com/story/37214715/missouri-named-in-top-10-places-not-to-visit-in-the-world

Missouri Named in Top 10 Places in the World Not to Visit

Posted: Jan 08, 2018 8:24 AM CST
Updated: Jan 08, 2018 8:25 AM CST
By Emily Van de Riet

Downtown St. Louis seen from Skyzoom4 (Credit: Zach Dalin, KMOV)
Downtown St. Louis seen from Skyzoom4 (Credit: Zach Dalin, KMOV)
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOV.com) -

The state of Missouri was named one of the top 10 places not to visit in 2018 by the travel website Fodors.

Missouri is the only destination on the list that is within the United States.

The travel site points out that while Missouri is "full of wonders" such as limestone caverns and the Budweiser Clydesdales, the reasons not to visit the state outweigh the benefits.

So, how did Missouri make its way onto the list? Discrimination and crime are the top reasons, including an advisory from the NAACP to not visit Missouri.

"Unfortunately, Missouri is also the place where SB 43 was passed making it more difficult to sue employers for discrimination, a state representative argued that homosexuals weren’t human beings, a tourist who got lost and ran out of gas was later found murdered in his jail cell without ever being put under arrest, and two men were hunted down and shot on suspicion of being Muslim on the outskirts of Kansas City. And that’s just in 2017," the article states.

The article also cites the NAACP, telling visitors there is "looming danger" when visiting the state.

Nimrod Chapel, Jr., the head of the Missouri chapter of the NAACP, told Fodor's Missouri has a standard of laws that are "only applicable to some people," and cites discrimination against people of color, women, the disabled and more.

Among the other "no-go" destinations on the list are The Galapagos, Honduras, Cuba, Myanmar and more.

To see the full Fodor's No List 2018, click here.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #286 on: January 11, 2018, 06:02:06 PM »
the list of "The Ten Places NOT to Visit in the World".

:D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #287 on: January 11, 2018, 06:26:15 PM »
https://ballotpedia.org/Fracking_in_Missouri
Also we know someone who has an interest in some small coal mining operation down in the bootheel (far southeast).

Fortunately Missouri's geology isn't as good for fossil fuels as it is for heavy metal mining.

Well, glad it is not ideal for fossil fuel and all that brings with it.  :)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2018, 05:02:13 PM »
https://ballotpedia.org/Fracking_in_Missouri
Also we know someone who has an interest in some small coal mining operation down in the bootheel (far southeast).

Fortunately Missouri's geology isn't as good for fossil fuels as it is for heavy metal mining.

Well, glad it is not ideal for fossil fuel and all that brings with it.  :)
Yes, it's great for those who already live here, well the fossil fuel part.

Missouri has (or recently had, possibly still) another distinction!  Missouri was listed as the Meth Capitol of the United States, (maybe the world) a couple of years ago because of two things:  1) lots of wooded, hilly,  and isolated terrain that is often not visible from any road, paved or dirt; and 2) Interstates I-44, I-70 and I-55 intersect in MO and bring I-55 north-south comings and goings into contact with I-44 and I-70 movements, basically connecting both coasts, as well as connecting north and south borders.

Meth is a huge cash crop in MO.  There have been several meth labs right on our road, one of which caused the owner to burn down his house.  Accident of course.