Author Topic: Earth and moon tilt changes  (Read 34443 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Earth and moon tilt changes
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2013, 06:50:17 PM »
Ive been going to the gym around 4:45 am. The moon monday morning was cresent but so bright you could see the dark parts being lite up as though someone was shining a flashlight on it. Looked amazing. It was incredibly large though- surreal. By the time I left the gym around 6:15 I looked up and it was a fraction of the size it had been just an hour and change earlier. So essentially something that was bigger than a silver dollar to smaller than a dime.  It was weird.

That does sound strange...

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »
When the moon is close to the horizon it appears larger, then gets smaller as it moves higher into the sky. Optical illusion, due to light refraction of the atmosphere.      ed

Hammerhead

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • Don't be an ostrich
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2013, 06:14:37 PM »
@ jrobert69 - What you saw is called earthshine (http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2002/12apr_earthshine/) It is a really cool effect of light bouncing off the earth and hitting the lunar disk. I love seeing it!

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2013, 04:37:33 AM »
Thanks Ed, Hammerhead for the explanations!

jrobert69

• Prolific Member
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2013, 01:21:09 PM »
Thank you I had no idea. It was pretty intense. 

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2017, 02:45:32 AM »
Alert! The Moon’s Orbit Is Off – Science Article Proves It!

http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-science/2017/03/alert-the-moons-orbit-is-off-science-article-proves-it-2451216.html

Below I will leave a link to the actual scientific article. The article clearly indicates through laser telemetry data astronomers discovered changes in the moon’s orbit as early as 2011. Scientists who wrote the article used standard gravitational equations to test theoretical and more plausible explainations for the changes observed in the moon’s orbit.

But wait a minute! You asked? If the moon’s orbit is off then why aren’t we seeing phase disturbances and missing eclipses? The answers have already been given to us lay people by unscheduled lunar eclipses, changes in actual orientation of scheduled eclipses, changes in the appearance of both the new moon and the gibbous moons (egg shaped,) and I must remind you that a phase disturbance was reported on and clearly demonstrated July 2, 2015, a year and a half ago. But even lay people sense that the frequent appearances of super moons in itself suggests a change in orbit.

The other feature of the moon that has changed over the last six years has been the actual location of key landmarks having rotated counterclockwise by as much as 30 degrees. For those that wish to argue and deny I must remind you of basic physics; it would be impossible to change one motion of the moon without impacting the moon’s other motions. Indeed, the science article referred to herein indicates a change in ellipticality, which would explain all the super moons.

In the video below these matters are discussed and a more detailed analysis of the article is presented. Even though some subjective conclusions by the authors of this science article seem suspicious one thing we all can agree on is that no matter what caused the moon to drift and shift the fact that there have been actual changes in the moon’s orbit should now be considered public record and factual.

On the anomalous secular increase of the eccentricity of the orbit of the Moon!

https://academic.oup.com/mnras/article/415/2/1266/1036753/On-the-anomalous-secular-increase-of-the

1 INTRODUCTION

Anderson & Nieto (2010), in a review of some astrometric anomalies, recently detected in the Solar system by several independent groups, mentioned also an anomalous secular increase of the eccentricity1e of the orbit of the Moon!

Max.

"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2017, 03:10:01 PM »
It's really hard to believe that true astronomers are actually referring to Planet X, but here it is.  Of course they claim that "not even the hypothesis of Planet X" can account for the changes. 

Problem is, what exactly IS the "hypothesis of Planet X"?  Of all the astronomers who talk of it, none mentions anything about a group or grouping of bodies travelling together, like a small solar system of its own.  So how could they calculate a correct mass for the so-called Planet X, when they don't discuss how many bodies, or the mass of each?