Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: mysterious marks just discovered, pyramid of Giza  (Read 7533 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
mysterious marks just discovered, pyramid of Giza
« on: May 28, 2011, 10:32:44 PM »
London, England (CNN) -- A robot explorer has revealed ancient markings inside a secret chamber at Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza.

The markings, which have lain unseen for 4,500 years, were filmed using a bendy camera small enough to fit through a hole in a stone door at the end of a narrow tunnel.

It is hoped they could shed light on why the tiny chamber and the tunnel -- one of several mysterious passages leading from the larger King's and Queen's chambers -- were originally built.

The markings take the form of hieroglyphic symbols in red paint as well as lines in the stone that may have been made by masons when the chamber was being built.

According to Peter Der Manuelian, Philip J. King Professor of Egyptology at Harvard University, similar lines have been found elsewhere in Giza. "Sometimes they identify the work gang (who built the room), sometimes they give a date and sometimes they give guidelines to mark cuttings or directional symbols about the beginning or end of a block," he said.

"The big question is the purpose of these tunnels," he added. "There are architectural explanations, symbolic explanations, religious explanations -- even ones relating to the alignment of the stars -- but the final word on them is yet to be written. The challenge is that no human can fit inside these channels so the only way to do this exploration is with robots."

Pictures of the markings have been published in the Annales du Service Des Antiquities de l'Egypte, the official publication of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, following an international mission led by the Minister for Antiquities.

The robot explorer that took the images is named Djedi, after the magician whom Pharaoh Khufu consulted when planning the layout of the Great Pyramid. It was designed and built by engineers at the University of Leeds, in collaboration with Scoutek UK and Dassault Systemes, France.

Although robots have previously sent back pictures from within the pyramid's tunnels, Djedi's creators say it is the first to be able to explore the walls and floors in detail, rather than just take pictures looking straight ahead, thanks to a "micro snake" camera.

The camera also scrutinized two copper pins embedded in the door to the chamber at the end of the tunnel. In a statement, Shaun Whitehead, of Scoutek UK, said: "People have been wondering about the purpose of these pins for over 20 years. It had been suggested that they were handles, keys or even parts of an electrical power plant, but our new pictures from behind the pins cast doubt on these theories.

"We now know that these pins end in small, beautifully made loops, indicating that they were more likely ornamental rather than electrical connections or structural features. Also, the back of the door is polished so it must have been important. It doesn't look like it was a rough piece of stone used to stop debris getting into the shaft."

The team's next task is to look at the chamber's far wall to check whether it is a solid block of stone or another door.

"We are keeping an open mind and will carry out whatever investigations are needed to work out what these shafts and doors are for," said Whitehead. "It is like a detective story, we are using the Djedi robot and its tools to piece the evidence together."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:40:00 PM by Yowbarb »

Lori

Re: mysterious marks just discovered, pyramid of Giza
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 05:42:52 AM »
Looks like pictures of our favorite comet. :-\

inselemel

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 06:04:45 AM »
Very interesting, i think there is still a lot of info to come out of Egypt, a link here http://www.world-mysteries.com/gw_pgeryl2.htm was quite interesting basically suggesting that the info in the 'Circle of Gold' helped the pre flood people calculate the exact date of the previous polar reversal, 15,000 years ago, which he believes is in Giza. Waiting for these events to happen tho' is very annoying.

Inselemel

inselemel

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:18:35 AM »
Found this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13522957 just now.

Basically "Seventeen lost pyramids are among the buildings identified in a new satellite survey of Egypt.

More than 1,000 tombs and 3,000 ancient settlements were also revealed by looking at infra-red images which show up underground buildings.

Initial excavations have already confirmed some of the findings, including two suspected pyramids.

The work has been pioneered at the University of Alabama at Birmingham by US Egyptologist Dr Sarah Parcak."

There is a TV programme on BBC tomorrow night on 'Egypt's Lost Cities' and it is going to be on the Discovery Channel in the US (didn't say when tho')

Hopefully i will be able to watch it tomorrow -

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 11:20:26 AM »
Found this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13522957 just now.

Basically "Seventeen lost pyramids are among the buildings identified in a new satellite survey of Egypt.

More than 1,000 tombs and 3,000 ancient settlements were also revealed by looking at infra-red images which show up underground buildings.

Initial excavations have already confirmed some of the findings, including two suspected pyramids.

The work has been pioneered at the University of Alabama at Birmingham by US Egyptologist Dr Sarah Parcak."

There is a TV programme on BBC tomorrow night on 'Egypt's Lost Cities' and it is going to be on the Discovery Channel in the US (didn't say when tho')

Hopefully i will be able to watch it tomorrow -

Wow! Thanks for posting this all here it does belong. Also regards the show, can you post this bit in the Discovery Channel Topic, What Do "They" Say?
Going to sign off soon... or I could do it...

augonit

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
They look more like Hebrew letters to me, except for the round part.  No one needs to read anything into that, it's just what I first thought of.

steviecarrick6

• Trusted Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »
since the alien craftsmen giving instruction to the indiginous/ hybrid labourers of the once luscious green fields of what is now egypt - in its now post polar shift change climate - of circa 1 600 bc - why is it not obvious that these perfectly aligned / built / using tools and technology beyond our comprehension - were only second - used as `tombs`by kings of egypt - once the alien inhabitants left? . it is no wonder the future `rulers` of the semi indiginous payed such homage as sacaifice and detail to the heavans. and our daft modern view that these wonders were built using hammers and copper as burial chambers? 
there are none so deaf as those who do not want to hear.. . . nor none so blind that do not wish to see ..

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 07:55:18 AM »
Except that no burials were ever done in the Great Pyramid. It is not outside the realm of possibility
that ancient humans were smart enough to follow instructions. The Ancient writings from early man are
considered Myth; yet those writing would put to shame some of the best SciFi writers in the business.
Something is amiss in our history of man as there are archeological finds that defy description if it came
from early man.  :)
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

augonit

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 08:10:49 AM »
Just because the pharoah who ordered the pyramids to be built ended up not buried there doesn't change the fact that they were built as burial chambers.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:10 AM »
Burial Chambers-yes. But, the chambers were to ensure a safe journey thru the heavens to their final destination. Most interesting, is the fact that obviously only the rich, and the Pharaohs were gonna go to 'heaven'? What about normal working class folks? hmmmm   ed

augonit

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 06:19:28 AM »
I think they all prepared for the afterlife.  The pharoahs got to take lots of stuff with them because of their status in this life.  It's the same in all ancient cultures.  To bury people with things they'll need in the afterlife--pottery, beads, tools, gold, etc., is very common.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 07:42:02 AM »
Very interesting, i think there is still a lot of info to come out of Egypt, a link here http://www.world-mysteries.com/gw_pgeryl2.htm was quite interesting basically suggesting that the info in the 'Circle of Gold' helped the pre flood people calculate the exact date of the previous polar reversal, 15,000 years ago, which he believes is in Giza. Waiting for these events to happen tho' is very annoying.

Inselemel

Sometimes I think they were better prepared 15,000 years ago than we are today...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 08:20:13 AM »
Except that no burials were ever done in the Great Pyramid. It is not outside the realm of possibility
that ancient humans were smart enough to follow instructions. The Ancient writings from early man are
considered Myth; yet those writing would put to shame some of the best SciFi writers in the business.
Something is amiss in our history of man as there are archeological finds that defy description if it came
from early man.  :)

My opinion is the great Library of  Alexandria was an ancient stronghold of the most ancient knowledge of this planet. When that was destroyed (four different incidents) only a portion was safeguarded..
info on the Great Library
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauhaus#Dessau  Bauhaus

Yowbarb Note continued: I can't find a reference on it just now, but I have long believed the Bauhaus held a store of ancient knowledge. Will try to post more on it later. I do know the Nazis were profoundly opposed to the Bauhaus artists and that they did burn books...
One of my college art design professors was part of the group of  artists writers, young people rounded up by Hitler. Professor Fritz Faiss - inventor of the VW original design and of the stackable molded plastic chairs - was tortured for perhaps a dozen years and then released. He may have been released when Germany fell... His torture may not have been as bad as a lot that was suffered at the hands of Nazis, but the guards semi regularly put their cigarette butts out on his skin. That went on for years.
This attack against the intellectuals and artists was going on a decade before the Roma gypsies, Slavs and Jews were officially targeted. (Hitler was covertly killing hundreds of Jews before it became his state policy. This was happening as the intellectuals were being rounded up, Jews and non Jews.)  The Bauhaus movement was stomped on, as was modernism in style and thinking. Those are facts based upon my readings and the account of my teacher. Note: I am not sure where my idea came from that
what was left of the most ancient knowledge of the planet was at the Bauhaus - and it was either destroyed or taken by Nazis.   - YB

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 08:24:19 AM »
PS I should say that the Kolbrin Bible did survive, released in recent years so not all the ancient knowledge was destroyed... fortunately we do still have some clues to go on,
YB

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 08:58:29 AM »
Not to go too far off the subject of the mysterious marks -
this movie AGORA includes one attack on Great Library of Alexandria. I highly recommend it. The attack on knowledge, wisdom and powerful, knowlegeable women is starkly real, a depressing subject - but one people should be aware of.
This is sort of related to the topic about the ancient knowledge of the Egyptians...possibly still to be found in the Great Pyramid.

Posted the top comment for another Agora trailer video, farther below. It talks about the main character philosopher Hypatia. Old portrait, below.
- Yowbarb

Official Agora Trailer English HD 2:12
Uploaded by WoWgen123 on Aug 27, 2009

VIDEO LINK:   http://youtu.be/RbuEhwselE0

Agora Movie Trailer http://teaser-trailer.com

doctorparnassus
Top comment
"A thought provoking film about the life of philosopher Hypatia set in Alexandria in the 4th century. Shows the conflict between Christianity, Paganism and Judaism and how men of ambition use religion as a tool to gain power. And this power play involves stripping people of their right to think, to question, to hold individual beliefs. And most of all targeting women who are´╗┐ educated and who ask questions. Something that hasn't changed in 1500 years... Must watch film."

rushgiri1 year ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypatia   Hypatia
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:03:49 AM by Yowbarb »

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!