Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Survival Zones - The North American Interior Plains  (Read 13361 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Survival Zones - The North American Interior Plains
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 10:59:46 AM »
Any Members have any ideas to share on:
What parts of the North American Interior Plains would be good?
Farther north? Ideas?

This is prbably eastern North Dakota

Nebraska, below
American Wild Horses, Nebraska Badlands
Photographic Print
Buy at AllPosters.com

=============================================
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:59:18 PM by Yowbarb »

saskrocks

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 07:33:07 AM »
I think though that the area is starting to become unstable now.  The other night I had a sudden vision of the Central US suddenly cracking and splitting.  This came at 3 or 4:00 in the morning Monday.  I've been up with you Barb.   :-\ :o

I think with the quake activity happening in the Central US that these are the beginning pangs of the change.

Lori
Good morning Lori
So you've been waking in the wee hours too?
Thanks for sharing the dream. Well I hope that doesn't happen - one thing I am at least partly counting on is a safe place on that craton area, farther over east from the Divide. North and east of the threats from yellowstone area. Note: When I say "safe,"
I realize it will take some real digging down and reinforcements - or a place like a bomb shelter or an old missile site, to get through some of the earth movement. That's in a worst case scenario, which as Marshall has said we won't know until it's all going down...
(or shortly before.) Reference - his videos on the Flyby Scenarios.

BTW I was really drawn to Canada where there may be even more stable places, but then I started wondering about how
difficicult it might be to get my group over the border when it was time to get there.
I was thinking Montana but not so sure now... even the northern states are flooding so bad now not sure.
Some kind of plateau.
(Please no one assume these will be safe places, just looking at it. I also am looking at this kind of terain in northern US states.
All The Best,
Barb

Sasketchewan  - a plateau in the southwest north of Montana... below:

High point, North Dakota: This is in White Butte, over 3500 feet. More images of White Butte below.

http://www.broeking.com/images/ndhpsign.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8734532.jpg
- Yowbarb

Hi yowbarb and others,
I am new here. And full of awareness. I live in southeast Saskatchewan, a rural communit, to which I am a new transplant from the city of Vancouver, BC. Anyway, I am very interested in meeting like minds and possibly creating a safe zone out here. How to commence is the big question; to that end I seek others with a similar goal  for insights, ideas and with whom to collaborate.
Please connect with me if the Saskatchewan area is of interest.. and even if no, say hello; I'd like to feel not so alone in my quest... :) I am glad to have found this forum and will get into the posts further and look forward to participating and connecting with many of you.

augonit

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »
Yowbarb's Note: There may not be any area in the US that does not have earthquakes or flooding in the time of Planet X. One thing we know, the interior parts of continents are the strongest parts.
These interior parts are called cratons.
http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/county-map/united-states-map.gif  US Map
http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/commons/1/16/North_america_craton_nps.gif
The North American Craton

Defining some terms

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Laurentia

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 01:34:34 PM »
Looking at those gorgeous, iconic scenes in the recently posted pictures, I feel compelled to repeat a word of caution that I've put here before.  I don't know for sure what the pole flip will do to our climate--Edgar Cayce said we would end up with a much more temperate climate. We'll hope that's true, but suppose for some period of time we still have the same climate we now have. Imagine those lovely scenes with six feet of hard-packed snow on the level, and deeper on every hillside and gully.  Imagine a completely featureless horizon, with snow being blown in a ground blizzard six feet high, in thirty mph wind, with temperatures twenty to forty below zero F.  Imagine frostbite and chilblains from just feeding your animals. Imagine waiting weeks for a snowplow to open your roads. This scenario doesn't happen every year; but when it does happen, it's something you'll never forget.

As a note of interest, a 2,000 word short story that I wrote in 2006 about "The Blizzard of 1964" won a national competition.  Another book that might give some insight is "The Children's Blizzard" by David Laskin.  Scenes from two movies come to mind as authentic depictions of a Montana blizzard:  The murdering kidnapper hiding his loot in the snow, in northern Minnesota, in "Fargo," and Dr Zhivago walking back to Lara's house through a blizzard after being kidnapped by the Russian rebel army.

I don't want to discourage anyone for choosing Montana, North and South Dakota, or Minnesota as their safe haven, but I do recommend that you become fully informed about what you might be facing.  As a sixty + year resident of Montana, born and bred, I have seen dozens of such storms. The weather has chased away many, many more people from this four state area than it has welcomed and nurtured.  My mother came to a bleak eastern Montana homestead as a nineteen-year-old with  two small daughters. She told me about how hard it was adjusting to dryland farming:  "When we lived in Miles City, my dad had a little handkerchief-sized garden that he watered with city water, and it just produced and produced! Bushels of vegetables.  When I came to the farm, Ed plowed up two acres for a garden. I had to plant rows six feet apart so they wouldn't steal water from each other. If it rained, I had weeds to deal with. By the time I got through hoeing the weeds on the whole two acres by hand, I had to start all over at the other end.  And if it didn't rain, it all died anyway. Ed was trying to break up fields with a team of horses, so he couldn't help me."

Then the question: Why do we live here?  Because we know how--and because we know how, we wouldn't live anywhere else.  And because of the summers when the countryside does look like those pictures. We love it.

P.S. This would include Alberta and southern Saskatchewan. They graciously share their weather with us every year.  And in the northern provinces, they grow mosquitoes big enough to roast for dinner.  One farmer joked," We don't have any birds smaller than pheasants; the mosquitoes eat them all." :D

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:14:47 PM by Montanabarb »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »
Montanabarb: "Edgar Cayce said we would end up with a much more temperate climate."

According to http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=1425.msg16889;topicseen#msg16889, your new latitude will be between 20 and 30 degrees North after the pole shift.

augonit

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »
It looks like I live on the cratons!  And I was happy just knowing that the ice age didn't come down this far!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
It looks like I live on the cratons!  And I was happy just knowing that the ice age didn't come down this far!

That's a good thing,  ;)
Also Saskatchewan is on the North American Craton.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »
Hi yowbarb and others,
I am new here. And full of awareness. I live in southeast Saskatchewan, a rural communit, to which I am a new transplant from the city of Vancouver, BC. Anyway, I am very interested in meeting like minds and possibly creating a safe zone out here. How to commence is the big question; to that end I seek others with a similar goal  for insights, ideas and with whom to collaborate.
Please connect with me if the Saskatchewan area is of interest.. and even if no, say hello; I'd like to feel not so alone in my quest... :) I am glad to have found this forum and will get into the posts further and look forward to participating and connecting with many of you.
Welcome, saskrocks !
It is so good to see that people are thinking of setting up communities up there.
I cannot be sure but it seems to me if the pole shift happens in a certain way - southeast Saskatchewan will be in a moderate climate. I will need to look at Jim's map more but it looks good. Based on the info that is here on the board already and Marshall's books and so on, BC will not be any place to be so that was a good move to go farther east to Saskatchewan. Well Done!!
I wish you the very best.
 :) Posting a welcome to you also in the Intro Board.  -Yowbarb
======================================================
[Yowbarb had posted image earlier post in this Topic.]
Sasketchewan  - a plateau in the southwest north of Montana... below:

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8734532.jpg

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:31:40 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 08:17:45 PM »
Looking at those gorgeous, iconic scenes in the recently posted pictures, I feel compelled to repeat a word of caution that I've put here before.  I don't know for sure what the pole flip will do to our climate--Edgar Cayce said we would end up with a much more temperate climate. We'll hope that's true, but suppose for some period of time we still have the same climate we now have. Imagine those lovely scenes with six feet of hard-packed snow on the level, and deeper on every hillside and gully.  Imagine a completely featureless horizon, with snow being blown in a ground blizzard six feet high, in thirty mph wind, with temperatures twenty to forty below zero F.  Imagine frostbite and chilblains from just feeding your animals. Imagine waiting weeks for a snowplow to open your roads. This scenario doesn't happen every year; but when it does happen, it's something you'll never forget.

As a note of interest, a 2,000 word short story that I wrote in 2006 about "The Blizzard of 1964" won a national competition.  Another book that might give some insight is "The Children's Blizzard" by David Laskin.  Scenes from two movies come to mind as authentic depictions of a Montana blizzard:  The murdering kidnapper hiding his loot in the snow, in northern Minnesota, in "Fargo," and Dr Zhivago walking back to Lara's house through a blizzard after being kidnapped by the Russian rebel army.

I don't want to discourage anyone for choosing Montana, North and South Dakota, or Minnesota as their safe haven, but I do recommend that you become fully informed about what you might be facing.  As a sixty + year resident of Montana, born and bred, I have seen dozens of such storms. The weather has chased away many, many more people from this four state area than it has welcomed and nurtured.  My mother came to a bleak eastern Montana homestead as a nineteen-year-old with  two small daughters. She told me about how hard it was adjusting to dryland farming:  "When we lived in Miles City, my dad had a little handkerchief-sized garden that he watered with city water, and it just produced and produced! Bushels of vegetables.  When I came to the farm, Ed plowed up two acres for a garden. I had to plant rows six feet apart so they wouldn't steal water from each other. If it rained, I had weeds to deal with. By the time I got through hoeing the weeds on the whole two acres by hand, I had to start all over at the other end.  And if it didn't rain, it all died anyway. Ed was trying to break up fields with a team of horses, so he couldn't help me."

Then the question: Why do we live here?  Because we know how--and because we know how, we wouldn't live anywhere else.  And because of the summers when the countryside does look like those pictures. We love it.

P.S. This would include Alberta and southern Saskatchewan. They graciously share their weather with us every year.  And in the northern provinces, they grow mosquitoes big enough to roast for dinner.  One farmer joked," We don't have any birds smaller than pheasants; the mosquitoes eat them all." :D

Montanabarb,  :) Good data to have.
I mainly started this Topic about the North American Craton as being the most
stable ground in our North American area.
Exactly which latitude to get into - to account for the pole shift will be something
for each Member to consider.
Jim posted some info a couple of posts up - link to map - interesting. Looks like both Montana and also Saskatchewan will be temperate climates. Southeast Saskatchewan being considerably farther east than central north Montana, will possibly be slightly farther north on the new map; slightly cooler than the new Montana which will be a good thing. Both areas should be OK.
We should probably have a Topic just on the latitude changes of the pole shift.
I for one have more to learn about all this. Update: Here is one Topic on possible polar changes during the passage of Planet X.
Listed below. All The Best,  Yowbarb

Pole Flip
Started by alaskanwinter
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=1581.0

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:13:55 PM by Yowbarb »

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 09:12:22 PM »
Montanabarb: "Edgar Cayce said we would end up with a much more temperate climate."

According to http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=1425.msg16889;topicseen#msg16889, your new latitude will be between 20 and 30 degrees North after the pole shift.

Thanks, Jim and Barb. I printed out the maps in color.  It's really a comfort to know Montana's weather will improve. It's about our turn :)  and we have no intention of moving away from our isolated little mile-high mountain town of 900 friendly souls. (We actually don't get the eastern Montana winters here.)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 09:16:14 PM »

Thanks, Jim and Barb. I printed out the maps in color.  It's really a comfort to know Montana's weather will improve. It's about our turn :)  and we have no intention of moving away from our isolated little mile-high mountain town of 900 friendly souls. (We actually don't get the eastern Montana winters here.)

Hi I really do understand you not wanting to leave such a wonderful place!
You might have missed my update we were posting at the same time.  :)
Update: For anyone looking to discuss this, here is one Topic on possible polar changes during the passage of Planet X.
Probably others. One is listed below. All The Best,  Yowbarb

Pole Flip
Started by alaskanwinter
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=1581.0

rodfergie

• Trusted Member
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 02:56:25 PM »
On of the reason's I like Colorado, is that overall it is stable.  We might have the mountains move some, but overall it is solid. I personally believe the mountains will move west not east though.
There are better reasons though.  Good farming, a big plus when SHTF.  You have got to be able to grow food.  Good grazing for cattle, and great hunting.  Water is mainly mountain glacier fed so it is usually very clean.  High altitude, less likely to stay flooded, and if we do get massive floods, we have those mountains.
Biggest drawback is people.  If and when SHTF, this place is going to be overrun with politicians and their sycophants, and the wealthy that have no skills whatsoever.
Oh well, me and villageidiot will be sitting through this shaking our heads here.   ;D
That's my opinion, but I'm probably wrong. :P

VillageIdiot

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 08:20:37 AM »
On of the reason's I like Colorado, is that overall it is stable.  We might have the mountains move some, but overall it is solid. I personally believe the mountains will move west not east though.  There are better reasons though.  Good farming, a big plus when SHTF.  You have got to be able to grow food.  Good grazing for cattle, and great hunting.  Water is mainly mountain glacier fed so it is usually very clean.  High altitude, less likely to stay flooded, and if we do get massive floods, we have those mountains. Biggest drawback is people.  If and when SHTF, this place is going to be overrun with politicians and their sycophants, and the wealthy that have no skills whatsoever. Oh well, me and villageidiot will be sitting through this shaking our heads here.   ;D
Well said!  :)
Live long and prosper!

rodfergie

• Trusted Member
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 12:07:38 PM »
Thought you would appreciate it.  ;D
That's my opinion, but I'm probably wrong. :P

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 05:36:02 AM »
Here are a couple images to compare what is where.
- Yowbarb

1) THE NORTH AMERICAN CRATON

2) MAP OF THE UNITED STATES

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:38:24 AM by Yowbarb »

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!