Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Birth Control - what to do if we don't have pharmacies  (Read 14298 times)

Endtimesgal_2012

Re: Birth Control - what to do if we don't have pharmacies
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2014, 08:25:03 AM »
pbutter:  Hahaha!  I love it, so funny yet so true!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2014, 01:47:11 PM »
pbutter, keep up the good work! The skeptics will come around after awhile.
Awesome posts,
Thanks!
 :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »
Yowbarb Note: Miscellaneous tip, from this article:

https://draxe.com/coconut-oil-uses/

24. Personal Lubricant – Coconut oil is an effective and safe personal lubricant. Unlike commercial preparations, its anti fungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties help keep the vaginal flora healthy.

(One note: avoid using coconut oil or any oil with any latex contraseptives, as it can corrode the latex.)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2018, 12:24:27 AM »
As we get closer to more earth events, I'd recommend any woman who is done having babies to get a tubal.
If not, what are some really good birth control methods, assuming there may not be acess to pharmacies?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2018, 04:15:09 AM »
Barb, I can't personally vouch for any of these, but will quote from the birth control section of a book on my shelves, Indian Uses of Native Plants (1958) by Edith Van Allen Murphey.  Latin names are italicized, and words in quotation marks are Native language equivalents for the English and Latin plant names, with the specific tribal language designated in parentheses:

...tea from boiled root of desert mallow, wild geranium (Sphaeralcaea ambigua), "Numa Naka" (Shoshone)...

...tea made from fresh root of false helebore (Veratrum californica), "Tobassup," "Wundavassop" (Shoshone), "Baduppa" (Washoe).  Tea from cured root of the same ensures sterility for life.

STONE SEED, PLANTE AUX PERLES (Lithospermum ruderale), "Not misha" at Owyhee (a Shoshone tribe in Nevada).  Handful of dried root, chipped, boiled in water to cover, and tea used daily for six months results in permanent birth control.

JUNIPER BERRIES (Juniperus spp.), "Sammapo" (Shoshone).  Tea from berries taken on three successive days, a capful each time, said to be efficacious.  Note from R.R.: This can also be used as part of a kidney, liver and gall bladder cleanse, and will cause contractions.

Murphey worked on a project to identify species of wild plants that were poisoning cattle, so as to help Native tribes avoid grazing cattle on land with an abundance of those plants.  Her work took her deep into the cultures, languages and knowledge of Native American people in the Western U.S. 

Especially were the Shoshones plant-conscious.  More than any other groups had they studied plant families...

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:58:36 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2018, 06:19:49 PM »
Cotton seed has been said to be effective for male birth control.  I'm not sure how much or how to take it (ground seed?), but my own 2 cents would be make sure it's organic, because there's that GM cotton out there, so that may have dire consequences.

And there is a caveat in my book on black cumin (Nigella sativa) that says not to be taken by pregnent women, or possibly women contemplating pregnancy.  I don't have the book in front of me, but it sounded like it would/could prevent implantation in the uterine wall.

And a woman I worked with years ago told me her mother, many decades ago, before the pill or IUD or any higher-tech methods, used Vaseline.  Apparently it makes "travel" difficult.   

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2018, 08:50:02 PM »
Another fairly effective method is the IUD, intra-uterine device.  There have been many varieties, some more effective than others, but if one studies the reported side effects, and also talks with women who have had that experience, one may be drawn to a particular method.

And in the past when I had more interest in studying the issue, I learned which types seemed more appealing, one of which was the Copper T or Cu-T, which is still made, and because it contains no hormones, does not have the weight gain issue of some other methods.  According to the literature, this Cu-T IUD is said to last at least 12 years.  One serious advantage of the Cu-T compared to "the pill" is that a woman would have 12 years of freedom from externally supplied hormones while the IUD is in place.

Not all relevant information about an IUD is given to the patient, and one piece of information that might be important for those facing a long time period without access to doctors, relates to IUD removal.  When needed or desired, the patient can go to a doctor for IUD removal, which should always be done during the first few days of the cycle, and never at mid-cycle.  What is important to know is that a nurse practitioner or RN who has OB-GYN experience can remove the IUD, without the need for a doctor.  The most important thing to know and do is use sterile technique, or nearly sterile,  for removal.  Any nurse or nurse practitioner will know the details.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!