Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Monthly cycles  (Read 5286 times)

mariposa

Monthly cycles
« on: September 18, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »
I didn't see this topic listed and I've noticed most women instinctly want to stock up on feminine products, but that is not cost effective and it takes up too much space.

I purchased The Moon Cup (a reusable menstrual cup) and several reusable Luna Pads daytime and nighttime pads for my daughter. You can easily find these easily online or at a local health food store. The Keeper is designed to last 10 years.

The Keeper is a latex cup and my girlfriend swears by it. She has used hers for nearly 10 years and has ordered more. The Moon Cup is made of silicone and for women who are allergic to latex. Another cup out there is called The Diva.

I imagine we can sew are own menstrual pads in the future, but ordered some to have something to copy. I ordered an extra Moon Cup as I know someone else will need it or would be a valuable trade item.

Sunnybug

• Celeste of Phoenix
  • Members
  • Prolific Member
    • n/a
Re: Monthly cycles
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »
It's an good topic. I've not tried to make my own pads yet, mostly because I think it could get messy on work days at the office. However, I do know a place to get several links for patterns and ideas. Decided not to try the moon or diva cup for now but think it is a great idea.

Here's the links  - it's also a good site for many other survival ideas.

http://www.tacticalintelligence.net/blog/how-to-make-homemade-sanitary-pads.htm

This is a link to a gal who sells home made ones.

http://www.naturallycozy.com/

The gals that I've read about that have made their own seem to really like them. Same with the moon cups.

Never Give UP! EVER

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 01:28:10 PM »
I'm praying for menopause be TSHTF!! Really.... ;D

Sunnybug

• Celeste of Phoenix
  • Members
  • Prolific Member
    • n/a
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 02:34:21 PM »

Meeee Tooo! LOL Don't think it will be that easy tho.  :P
Never Give UP! EVER

noproblemo2

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 04:12:57 PM »
From personal experience, be it natural or due to surgery, IT'S NOT, but better now than later, lol. Side nte each of us is different as are our personal experiences with this.

Meeee Tooo! LOL Don't think it will be that easy tho.  :P

chaunska

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
This is what I did, and I am glad I did it.   After four children (all sections) and almost rupturing during the forth pregnancy, I got my tubes tied.   My moons were very heavy and lasted about 10 or more days sometimes.   My doctor suggested an ablation.   So I had it done...they have different methods.   I did the balloon ablation first and it cut my moon in half.   Then I had it done again a few months later with the roller ball method.    Now, I don't flow at all, just slight spotting.   I still ovulate.    You are required to have your tubes tied to have this procedure done.   It seems that roller ball is more effective.   Just thought I'd pass it along.   

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 02:44:15 AM »
This is what I did, and I am glad I did it.   After four children (all sections) and almost rupturing during the forth pregnancy, I got my tubes tied.   My moons were very heavy and lasted about 10 or more days sometimes.   My doctor suggested an ablation.   So I had it done...they have different methods.   I did the balloon ablation first and it cut my moon in half.   Then I had it done again a few months later with the roller ball method.    Now, I don't flow at all, just slight spotting.   I still ovulate.    You are required to have your tubes tied to have this procedure done.   It seems that roller ball is more effective.   Just thought I'd pass it along.   

I had basically the same thing done.  It just took one time, and it was towards the end of my time for menses anyway.  Now all done.  Excellent!!!  But I still get a bit moody when it would normally have been that time of the month, and I still those hot flashes!!  Has this happened to you at all?  But, I think I'm quite a bit older....so probably not the hot flashes part and those are not fun!!

augonit

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 07:40:23 AM »
I've wondered about this too.  I figured when I ran out of my stock, I'd have to make my own pads.  I've never heard of these cups.  I'll have to check them out.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 01:04:19 PM »
I didn't see this topic listed and I've noticed most women instinctly want to stock up on feminine products, but that is not cost effective and it takes up too much space.

I purchased The Moon Cup (a reusable menstrual cup) and several reusable Luna Pads daytime and nighttime pads for my daughter. You can easily find these easily online or at a local health food store. The Keeper is designed to last 10 years.

The Keeper is a latex cup and my girlfriend swears by it. She has used hers for nearly 10 years and has ordered more. The Moon Cup is made of silicone and for women who are allergic to latex. Another cup out there is called The Diva.

I imagine we can sew are own menstrual pads in the future, but ordered some to have something to copy. I ordered an extra Moon Cup as I know someone else will need it or would be a valuable trade item.

Mariposa I feel this is an excellent idea. I have not heard of side effects from this.
If there are any someone please post.
I don't see how it could cause many problems.
Thanks,
Barbara Lou Townsend
Topic Administrator

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 01:05:37 PM »

Hopefully not during the worst of the crossover...
 :)

NativeMom72

• Global Moderator
  • ...just Breathe...
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 03:00:23 PM »
Hello All!

I would like to add to this important topic.

For the past 50 years or so, women in "Westernized" societies have used disposable sanitary napkins and/or tampons when we were going through our cycles. Though many of us have started taking care of what we eat and what expose our bodies to, many wont think twice in using these chemically treated products.

The following are a couple of articles that talk about this subject and mention alternative methods:

http://www.undergroundhealth.com/the-dangers-of-tampons-and-pads/

*excerpt below*

Due to the chemical processes used to create sanitary napkins, there’s a risk that women who use menstrual pads can experience irritation and infection. If a woman does experience a vaginal infection from using a pad, she may experience the following symptoms during her menstrual cycle:

Slight fever and headache

Itchy skin

Cervical inflammation

External inflammation of the vagina

White discharge

Searing heat or pain

Endometrial inflammation

These symptoms could be further aggravated by the chemicals used to make your pads white and appealing for mass audiences. Chemicals like bleach and toxins are frequently used in the manufacturing of menstrual pads, and there’s some risk that a chemical residue could linger even through the production process, putting your health at risk.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/01/13/still-using-tampons-or-pads-you-should-read-this/

*excerpt below*

The Tampon and Pad industry is a $718 Million dollar market, and tampons and pads are necessities. This got me questioning the production and ethical value behind these products. They are mass-produced, and heavily marketed and cheaply made, out of bleached rayon and plastics. Why is it that we never see ads for the much safer alternatives such as cotton products, reusable washable pads and menstruation cups? Any of these alternatives are much more economical and are about a gillion times safer for the environment. Up until a few months ago, I didn’t even know that there were alternative products, or even think that there was any potential risk from using generic menstruation products.

Here are some sites where one can purchase reusable pads and cups:

Tree Hugger Cloth Pads - family owned and they plant a tree for every purchase!
http://www.treehuggerclothpads.com/

Sckoon Organics - they have cups and pads
http://www.sckooncup.com/

MotherMoonPads- family run, they have cool designs like "My Little Pony" or "Star Wars" for the teens, they also sell heating pads and nursing pads
https://www.etsy.com/shop/mothermoonpads

The Cloth Canoe- family run, she makes and extra absorbency/postpartum pad and cloth baby diapers too!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/theclothcanoe

Hope this is Helpful!

~pB
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye.”
― Miyamoto Musashi  (1584 –1645)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 12:21:47 AM »

Excellent ideas Chaunska used to post.
Here is one article on these methods...

http://www.obgyn.net/laparoscopy/what-endometrial-ablation

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 10:23:35 PM »
I found this in my email. I have not tried this herb store.
Just sharing this as a possible resource.

https://www.herbal-supplement-resource.com/

herb@herbal-supplement-resource.com 

Herbal Remedies for Menstrual Cramps:
https://www.herbal-supplement-resource.com/menstrual-cramps-remedies.html

Medicinal Herbs Used for Menstrual Cramps
Squaw Vine (Mitchella repens)

This medicinal herb is reported to have been a common cure among Cherokee women for menstrual cramps. It has anti-spasmodic properties.

Flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum)

Lignans contained in flaxseed act in the same manner as estrogen and may act to modulate hormone levels, which helps alleviate symptoms of PMS as well as menopause.

Cramp Bark (Viburnum opulus)

Cramp bark has anti-spasmodic properties and is nervine which makes it an effective natural treatment for muscle cramps, including menstrual cramps.

The herb contains substances called methyl salicylates, known to have analgesic (pain-relieving) and anti-inflammatory effects.

Ginger (Zingiber officinale)

Ginger contains substances that are thought to fight inflammation and reduce painful spasms in the uterus.

This popular kitchen herb has been shown to reduce the production of prostaglandins, hormone-like chemicals that are a contributing factor in causing period pain and inflammation.

In a double-blind study from 2009, 150 women starting their periods were given either 250 mg. of ginger powder, 400 mg. of ibuprofen or 250 mg. of mefenamic acid, both nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), four times per day for three days.

The study results showed that ginger seemed to be just as effective when compared to the conventional pain relief medication (NSAID).

Black Haw (Viburnum prunifolium)

This spreading shrub is closely related to honeysuckle and elderberry.

It contains the compounds aesculetin and scopoletin which are known to relieve muscle spasms, thus relaxing the uterus.

Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria)

Meadowsweet contains salicin that can provide relief of pain from menstrual cramps.

Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis)

The root of this herb is widely used in Chinese medicine and is also known as Chinese angelica. It acts as both an anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory and has also been used to treat fatigue.

Raspberry (Rubus idaeus)

Taken as a tea, raspberry leaf is frequently used to relax the uterus. It is sometimes taken during pregnancy to soothe uterine irritability.

Kava Kava (Piper methysticum)  Yowbarb Note: Take it easy with Kava kava...don't overdo it.

The antispasmodic effects of kava make it a natural treatment for menstrual cramps. It also contains two chemicals considered to be as effective in relieving pain as aspirin.

Some Europeans take kava kava for it anti-anxiety effects, which may also help reduce cramping.

Red Clover (Trifolium pratense)

Clover is rich in phytoestrogens that, like lignans in flaxseed, act much like female estrogen. Red clover may be an effective herbal treatment for menstrual cramps by balancing hormone levels during menstruation.

Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)

Yarrow is another herbal remedy with anti-spasmodic constituents for the treatment of menstrual cramps. It is also said to be a uterine tonic, improving blood flow and toning the uterus.

Chinese Peony (Paeonia lactiflora)

This common ornamental plant has been used for centuries as an anti-spasmodic. It is a traditional Chinese herb for the treatment of spasm, muscle cramps, irregular menstruation and menstrual cramps

Other natural herbs that have been used to treat menstrual cramps.

Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus)
Chaste Tree Berry (Vitex agnus-castus)
Chinese Motherwort (Leonurus Artemisia)
Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum)
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis)
False Unicorn (Chamaelirium luteum)
Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium)
Garlic (Allium sativum)
Hops (Humulus lupulus)
Strawberry (Fragaria, various species)
Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
Night Blooming Cereus (Selenicereus grandiflorus)
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
Calendula (Calendula officinalis)
Vervain (Verbena officinalis)
Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium)
Blessed Thistle (Cnicus benedictus)
Cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
Pasque Flower (Pulsatilla vulgaris)

Yowbarb Note: More at these links  https://www.herbal-supplement-resource.com/

herb@herbal-supplement-resource.com 

Herbal Remedies for Menstrual Cramps:
https://www.herbal-supplement-resource.com/menstrual-cramps-remedies.html

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 10:23:45 PM »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 07:55:54 PM »
A friend around here told me that when she and her sister were teenagers and having menstrual cramps, their mom would brew up some black cohosh tea for them to drink.  They didn't like the taste, but friend said the really worked to relieve the cramps.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!