Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: As a female, what is your main focus?  (Read 12780 times)

Linda

• Prolific Member
As a female, what is your main focus?
« on: April 24, 2010, 06:05:21 AM »
After reading a lot of posts on this board and other areas concerning Planet X, it seems that men's main focus (and not all men) is towards building shelters, arming themselves, and taking on the stance of the warrior.

What is the focus of women? I myself started with food supplies and daily necessities, and of course went through various stages of emotional conflict. Then I started directing myself toward more spiritual pursuits and how to get through this on that level.

Each one of us is different, and we all approach this realization from various directions. The way we have and are handling this can be of strength to others who are struggling.

Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Lori

Re: As a female, what is your main focus?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 09:39:33 AM »
I'm buying seeds for food.  I'm also focused on First Aid Kits.  I would also like to take an updated first aid course through the Red Cross.  You can also learn Fire Fighting Skills as well.  Home Depot and Lowe's both offer classes in Building.  The police departments here in GA offer shooting lessons. 

This is my plan for the summer.  My daughter is interested in Forestry and she is going to take these classes too with her, 

Lori

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 10:02:41 AM »
My focus at this time is to get information.
For now: It is a scattershot of information on what it will take for my group to survive. (I share whatever looks like useable data for anyone reading this forum.)
Meanwhile deciding where to get the land - pretty well decided. Number one preference was Sasketchewan but felt it might be too hard to get a whole group up there. Picked North dakota - areas
away from water. A little higher up and drier. May not be great farmland in the aftertime, but less likely to flood. More likely to make it through the crossover.
Made some initial attempts at finding land will continue this while doing other things.
Have got out the word to a few in family group.  There are people who are all in my mind and in my heart, even if they don't know it yet.
Realizing the majority will wait til way last minute.
Picking small team who I feel will work with me in near future.
Focus (not achieved) in coming few months need to accomplish some definite health related goals and start getting some money together.
Regarding the seeds sprout kits domestic animals and pets and supplies and equipment needed in the future: All that it is on my
mind daily. I don't dwell on it it is just there part of my frame of reference and my basic intention.
Thoughts and decisions on these things or creatures will pop up in my mind.
I feel I will have to be the one to find the land take my closest family there and get a
plan together to grab it. Land = Numero uno.
From that everything will follow.
It will be up to me to pave the way and to provide a way for my list of people to know where
to go and how to participate. There is no person in my immediate family or contacts or list of people who are looking ahead and
see to this event coming. Most of it is up to me to get rolling on.
Once I have achieved a couple of things I feel my only son and one of my brothers will join
then the other two brothers eventually.
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 10:13:14 AM by Yowbarb »

Carluccio_piattino

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »
Girls,

Sorry to intrude myself in this thread of yours, but I found this on my Brazilian group and I wanted to share with you. It is food (its name is TSAMPA), and I have not tried it myself yet. Seems very promising. Sorry for the translation. It is originally in Portuguese. It is Google translation. I am sure my friend (her name is Loreta) who shared this in our group will be delighted to know that this recipe has reached abroad.

Carlos

RECIPE OF tsampa

Food (a ball) to replace a meal.

In the event that the food at some point become scarcer in cases of conflict or severe earth changes that might happen.

It would be important that people know how to prepare this food, because one ball has already prepared a meal of it replaces, along with clear liquid enough.

Important to note that emphasize

YOU MAY NOT SELL IT ...

It is for them to form groups and communities prepare for each home and who have tightly guarded as it can last up to seven years, free of fungi and bacteria.

Preparation of tsampa

The ingredients needed for making the tsampa

9 are:

1. Red beans
   2. Chickpea
   3. Lentil
   4. Dry corn
   5. Natural peanut
   6. Pure honey
   7. Green Banana
   8. Soybeans
   9. Wheat dry

The amount is determined by the number of people who will be part of the preparation and subsequent allocation of tsampa.
In our group, composed of 15 members, was taken as the basic measure five pounds. Were made close to 1,700 (balls) of SAMPA and its distribution was more than a hundred balls each.

It is important to respect the proportion of "one by one" among all the grains. It means that if it is established as a basic measure kilo, it should be a pound of beans, a chickpea and so on for all components. If one takes as a basic measure 3 pounds, will be 3 pounds of beans, three pounds of chick peas, three kilos of lentils and so for all ingredients.

Note on Green Banana:
For a useful kilo banana have to peel 5 pounds of green banana, so if for example it establishes itself as a basic measure 5 pounds, have to strip 5 x 5 = 25 pounds of green banana to get the required amount; once you cut into strips to be able to toast before grinding it.

Note on the Honey
In general honey is used in the proportion of "1 for 3", I mean, if it establishes as a basic measure kilo, the amount of honey necessary to knead the tsampa is three pounds if it establishes a basic measure of 5 pounds the required amount is 15 (5 x 3 = 15) pounds of pure honey.
However, when preparing the tsampa common sense suggest just the right amount of honey to use, since the balls should not be neither too dry, which could then break up, not too wet, since that would take too long to dry or could deform or flatten when they are stored.

PREPARATION

TOSTADO: All the ingredients are roasted separately, since each has its particular degree of toasting. The banana once cut into strips can be dried in the sun, if it is able to do so. If not, you can simply toasting it in an oven for just grinding it.

MILLING: If you grind the ingredients separately since each has its specific hardness (corn is the hardest to grind) using a manual mill type corona.
(DO NOT USE ELECTRIC GRINDER).

It is recommended not to use electric mills of any kind as to use these artifacts would be depriving the ingredients of the body or body electric energy, which also have plants in them and that is definitely the main nutritional element for us, humans.

MIXING: Where have all the grain and milled banana, then add all the flour, depending on the amount in one, two or more containers not of metal but of plastic, taking care to make a mixture as uniform as possible.

MIX WITH HONEY: When the flour are well mixed, place gradually throughout the mel.Vai manually kneading the mixture until desired consistency, trying not to let little balls of flour without honey.

TAPE: When all the dough ready, mixed well, neither too dry nor too wet, do it by hand a small ball about the size of a golf ball or ping pong.

DRYING: When you finish making the balls, let it dry in a suitable location and possibly the shade, taking care to cover them with cloth or a screen that prevents insects, especially flies, their eggs, they can put there, thus ruining a job many efforts.
A good drying was obtained when the balls SAMPA have a consistency not too hard, and exhibit some degree of flexibility without being too sticky.

STORAGE: Once a good drying goes to conservation.
It is recommended to store the balls in glass tsampa possibly large mouth that in addition to ensuring good natural conservation, allow easy access in time to catch them, but can also be used a plastic container ... Both types of containers should be tightly closed so there is no acceleration in the process of deterioration of the pellets when exposed to air.

Tsampa a well prepared, they had a good drying, away from mosquitoes and insects and has been stored well, enough to keep himself perfectly edible for a time of no less than four years and this has been confirmed by several of our friends .

CONSUMPTION: tsampa is a high energy food. The consumption of a pellet tsampa is equivalent to one of three meals that would normally consume in a day, so with the daily intake of three balls tsampa not need to consume any other food, since only they provide the body the necessary energy and sufficient for its functional development during the day.

At times "difficult" tsampa prepared and stored in advance may be the only lifeline facing shortage of food or because of the impossibility to consume what we get around due to its contamination, whether chemical, biological or nuclear.

Remarks

The experience accumulated in previous preparations of barley meal, urges us to make the following suggestions:

If the barley meal will be prepared by a number of people, it is advisable to shorten lead times and facilitate the preparation, sharing between the components of the group to purchase the ingredients and the roasting thereof, that can be done, this last, remaining a in their respective home.

On the day when you have established all the ingredients ready, could meet in a venue where he finished first grinding the ingredients, then mix the flour, then mix with honey and finally the making of balls SAMPA.

When the balls are ready, we recommend drying, counting and division is responsible for a single person who enjoys the full confidence of all components of the group.

It is recommended in the first instance, that all children (sons, nephews, grandchildren or simply little friends of group members) are always welcome at all stages of preparation of barley meal, especially when grinding the beans, an activity that fascinates them.

It is recommended that ultimately all people who participate in the final breakdown of the balls are present and directly participate in each and every stage of their preparation, especially in the phase of the mixture of honey, because during this process, it will be transmitting the energy of each and every component of the group.

Thus the energization tsampa is longer and greater the benefits in time to consume it.

Each garden has its mysteries that only the patient hand of the gardener is able to decipher.
For this reason prefer to concentrate in the sun, rain, stations.
Not the opinions and sayings of others.
Always keep in mind that the most important part of you is your inner being, your soul, your mind, your spirit, and all that is within you. Without these invisible parts, your physical being could not exist.
Just like caring for your body also takes care of your soul ..
As well as nourish your body, also feeds your spirit.

Share.
Culture is Peace

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 12:20:50 PM »
Carlos, thank you very much for sharing this.
Blessings,

Yowbarb

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 01:10:51 PM »
Carlos that's some good info, and something we can do ahead of time. Being able to keep these for 4 years is a big plus.

Thanks again,

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 01:21:50 PM »
Lori, I have been focusing on buying seeds as well, and someone on this board (sorry I can't remember who) told me for long term storage they use PVC piping, I thought that was a great idea.
I also have been trying to set aside first aid items and herbs and such. Taking a first aid course is an excellent idea, my daughter is taking a CPR course this semester at college. I'm the mom of a thousand remedies passed on down through the families ;D.

I did take a karate defense course a few years back, and I do weight training 3x a week, (hoping to keep my muscles strong!  :)

I'm with you Barb on the information stuff, I am constantly looking up things and printing out info. I have a "survival folder", should says plural there is so much stuff.  I also printed out first aid instructions and put them with supplies.
I like you have to take the initiative on doing anything as far as planning or taking charge. At least my husband will cooperate on getting some things done.
I really appreciate the information you have posted on these boards, it is very helpful, thanks.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 01:47:28 PM »
Linda thanks for all that you do
and for the feedback...well I have not done these things yet
I just know it's all up to me... so I have to try.
- Yowbarb

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 06:18:37 AM »
I am looking into purchasing a food sealer, does anyone have one already and can recommend a particular one?  I looked at the seal a meal and the Food Saver Brands, both can get expensive so I would rather hear if someone likes them or not.
Would appreciate any info on it.

Thanks.
Linda

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 10:32:46 AM »
Linda, I haven't tried any of them yet...
just found the Consumer Research link for Vacuum Food Sealers -
http://www.consumersearch.com/vacuum-food-sealers

This one rates high. There are probably much better commercial sealers for a lot more money
but these might work.
I assume the main uses would be frozen food and raw grains etc.  ?
Seal-a-Meal VS107 Food Sealer

*Est. $55

Countertop food sealers are easier to use than handheld sealers, plus they can save you money in the long run on bags because most models, including the Seal-a-Meal VS107 Food Sealer, can work with rolls of plastic bags

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 10:49:57 AM »
Linda and Lori -
Probably repeating myself here. Narrowing it down to the most female side of me (guns bows and arrows aside) I think I am a natural born nest builder. I want to be a leader but at
times in own private thoughts despair at the thought of trying to even get family to follow me when the
time comes, let alone help large numbers of people survive which I feel is my duty. More immediate basis definitely feel I am responsible to help my family get to a safe place... I suppose that is female, eh?
The mother the feeder the provider the nurse...
Well I hope this helps someone...
Yowbarb

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 11:34:58 AM »
Linda and Lori -
Probably repeating myself here. Narrowing it down to the most female side of me (guns bows and arrows aside) I think I am a natural born nest builder. I want to be a leader but at
times in own private thoughts despair at the thought of trying to even get family to follow me when the
time comes, let alone help large numbers of people survive which I feel is my duty. More immediate basis definitely feel I am responsible to help my family get to a safe place... I suppose that is female, eh?
The mother the feeder the provider the nurse...
Well I hope this helps someone...
Yowbarb

That sums it up for me too Barb, I feel getting my family to a safe place and making sure they have some food and water seems to be my focus.

Linda

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 08:28:58 PM »
Linda, thanks for the feedback and the thoughts...
important.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »
I haven't posted here for awhile... I totally feel responsible for my whole family and many people with
whom I come in contact...

Buddhalight

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 12:57:04 AM »
Hi, along with the physical storage of food, I feel a large responsibility to send into the collective consciousness of humans optimistic thoughts.  For some reason, perhaps my constitution or femaleness I feel connected to the earth, in a psychic way.  Our thoughts are powerful, it is energy, our breath is frequency.
I'd like to prepare in this way.
Thanks

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!