Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: As a female, what is your main focus?  (Read 12822 times)

Linda

• Prolific Member
Re: As a female, what is your main focus?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
Hi, along with the physical storage of food, I feel a large responsibility to send into the collective consciousness of humans optimistic thoughts.  For some reason, perhaps my constitution or femaleness I feel connected to the earth, in a psychic way.  Our thoughts are powerful, it is energy, our breath is frequency.
I'd like to prepare in this way.
Thanks

Optimistic thoughts are much needed in the collective consciousness, there is so much negativity going on lately. This is a very spiritual way to prepare, thanks Buddalight.

Linda
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

neoslim

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »
Sorry if I'm breaking the rules here as I am a male but I will say I guess I could fit into both categories. On one hand I find myself taking the stance of the warrior in that I am arming myself with weapons because anarchy is a scary thing (did you see Book of Eli or The Road). But on the other hand I am preparing myself spiritually, although I should really say psychologically, however spiritually and psychologically may in fact be the same thing. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually, all in all psychological preparation is what is really needed. I think faith will play a major role for people in the hard times to come. Without getting political I just want to say that it is very telling of the times in which we live when hundreds of thousands of ordinary everyday people march on washington for a "return to God" movement. I think faith can save a person from spiritual ruin, even if it doesn't save them from physical ruin. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I feel especially bad for those people who have not woken up, who know little to nothing about 2012, or planet x, or these conspiracy theories or even religion in general, or who may know of these things but dont believe in it or believe it will happen at all in their lifetimes, and I feel bad for these people because when it does happen it will be those people who will suffer the most, not necessarily because they werent physically prepared, i.e. food water, etc, but bcos they werent psychologically/spiritually prepared. They wont understand why these things are happening and it will cause them to lose all hope and they at that moment will be as good as dead because inside they will have already died. A person can be built like Hulk Hogan and have a lifetime supply of food and water but this will not ensure their survival, they could be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 09:48:09 AM »
Well, that is definitely Buddhist thinking. Welcome.  Mahayana?  To the others; putting good thoughts into the universal consciousness raises the level of moral thought, in the aether(universal consciousness), according to many Buddhist sects. Zen usually believes this to be true, also. I believe it too, as it is logical.  ed

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 08:10:53 AM »
I am looking into purchasing a food sealer, does anyone have one already and can recommend a particular one?  I looked at the seal a meal and the Food Saver Brands, both can get expensive so I would rather hear if someone likes them or not.
Would appreciate any info on it.

Thanks.
Linda

I know it's been a while since you've asked, after doing careful research I've purchased and used the: http://www.qualitymatters.com/Commercial-Grade-Vacuum-Sealer-White-PRO-2100-p/qmpro-2100.htm

And the Excalibur 3900 dehydrator. I bought it here: http://www.harvestessentials.com
/ed3900.html It arrived on time with everything they say was free! I'm very please with it and customer service is phenomenal! 

Yes, they are a little on the pricey side, but if you can, I suggest that it's bought brand new instead of used ( there's also a warranty that can be extended if you want to), no telling if something wrong with it, or not. Both cost a bit of money, but it is a great investment that goes a long way, especially in these coming times.

:)

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »
Okay.....back to the topic: As a female, what is my main focus? Babies, children, "young-uns" and older folks, in my opinion are the most vulnerable.  Who takes care of them? Who prevents harm from coming to them? Who brings them into the world (newborns) and who guides them (the elderly) gently to the 'other-side'? This will be my main focus. I know as a nurse today (Pediatric and Hospice nurse) I was born for this reason! I've always believed and held to: Great nurses aren't made, they're born!

Well, I'll concentrate my focus here unless God says otherwise. My destiny....it's already laid out for me. It certainly helps to know where one's heading. Godspeed to you on your journey's.......

Dania22

augonit

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
I have always felt that it's truly my responsibility to make sure my household will be able to survive.  Whether that involves stocking up on processed food, dried foods, etc.,  or expanding my gardens and learning how to grow a more variety of things, or preparing my house, having plan B's, plan C's, my focus is committing to making the transition as smooth as possible for me and my family.  Also, I keep in mind that my brother and his family will be having to be with me so they can survive too.  They don't know that right now, but I've always known.

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »
I have always felt that it's truly my responsibility to make sure my household will be able to survive.  Whether that involves stocking up on processed food, dried foods, etc.,  or expanding my gardens and learning how to grow a more variety of things, or preparing my house, having plan B's, plan C's, my focus is committing to making the transition as smooth as possible for me and my family.  Also, I keep in mind that my brother and his family will be having to be with me so they can survive too. They don't know that right now, but I've always known.

I hear you.....I too am preparing for my sisters as if they're coming. Like you, none know this, but we do don't we?

Sunnybug

• Celeste of Phoenix
  • Members
  • Prolific Member
    • n/a
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 02:30:03 PM »
Like many others, for a long time my focus was mostly on food. Then shelter and because I have health issues that is always on my mind.  ::)
Now my focus has turned toward a more spiritual mindset. It seems to me just as important to learn balance, simplicity, and to focus on finding my purpose in being here at this time.
Having said that, I seem to have almost a compulsion to figure out a a cheap, sturdy but lightweight and mobile shelter. It's gotten to be kind of a hobby. Not sure why I think I need to be mobile, but probably I just like the idea of the freedom of a more nomadic lifestyle. lol
Whenever my family gives me the chance I pass on info to try and encourage them to at least store up some extra food.
Never Give UP! EVER

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 06:34:50 PM »
I am looking into purchasing a food sealer, does anyone have one already and can recommend a particular one?  I looked at the seal a meal and the Food Saver Brands, both can get expensive so I would rather hear if someone likes them or not.
Would appreciate any info on it.

Thanks.
Linda

I know it's been a while since you've asked, after doing careful research I've purchased and used the: http://www.qualitymatters.com/Commercial-Grade-Vacuum-Sealer-White-PRO-2100-p/qmpro-2100.htm

And the Excalibur 3900 dehydrator. I bought it here: http://www.harvestessentials.com
/ed3900.html It arrived on time with everything they say was free! I'm very please with it and customer service is phenomenal! 

Yes, they are a little on the pricey side, but if you can, I suggest that it's bought brand new instead of used ( there's also a warranty that can be extended if you want to), no telling if something wrong with it, or not. Both cost a bit of money, but it is a great investment that goes a long way, especially in these coming times.

:)

Actually Dania shortly after that post I purchased a Foodsaver and Excalibur dehydrator and have used them quite a lot. Thanks for the post though. :)

I find them great for long term storage and everyday use.
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

sparkleswhenlit

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »
Good Evening,
I appreciate this thread and everyones very helpful posts. As a single female with no "group" this has been the hardest part of my evolution.

Here's my story: I live alone on a dead end culdesac in a large home (I couldn't get rid of after divorce) on six acres. My family lives 150 miles north of me & my daughter is in college in MT. (hopefully I can get her to come home within the next 6 months). Anyway, here's what I've been focusing on. Because I don't have a man around, I need to think of surviving attack by intruders while also focusing on enough supplies.

First of all, for the last year I've been buying solar products. Flashlights, 2way radio, trickle charge, 1800 volt solar generator, & FLOOD lights. Your first line of defense is LIGHT.
I've armed myself with a handgun & shotgun & lots of ammo. I own a permit to carry, but would have armed myself in anycase. I also recently bought a compound bow and will practice in my back yard all winter.
I'm working on making an unfinished bathroom in my lower level into a radiation protected room.
Bought a vacuum sealer and will begin researching best way/food for long term.
Purchased an axe, buck knife, bow saw, small shop saw, nails, duct tape, electric tape, wheel barrel, compass, rope & a flint starter.
So far, these are items that made sense straight off. Am researching now for more ideas.
I wanted to share this with other singel woman who are in my same type of situation. Food stuff, medical supplies and water are a given. But something I'm also doing is storing vitamins. I plan to vacuum seal them.
Well, hope this info. has helped someone. I appreciate all and any information shared.

All my best

chaunska

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
Sparkleswhenlit,
Sounds like you got it together!   Good survival tactics.   One more suggestion.   Sometimes light can be your enemy too.   Let's people know that your there.    You might want to look into infrared gear so you can see intruders without having to turn the lights on.   Just a thought to diversify your already great preparations.   

sparkleswhenlit

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 09:57:26 PM »
Thanks for a great idea Chaunska. Right up my alley! Lol.... I'm becoming fond of the Townhall & the friendly fireside chats. It's comforting somehow. :-)

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 09:25:50 PM »
Good Evening,
I appreciate this thread and everyone's very helpful posts. As a single female with no "group" this has been the hardest part of my evolution.

Here's my story: I live alone on a dead end culdesac in a large home (I couldn't get rid of after divorce) on six acres. My family lives 150 miles north of me & my daughter is in college in MT. (hopefully I can get her to come home within the next 6 months). Anyway, here's what I've been focusing on. Because I don't have a man around, I need to think of surviving attack by intruders while also focusing on enough supplies.

First of all, for the last year I've been buying solar products. Flashlights, 2way radio, trickle charge, 1800 volt solar generator, & FLOOD lights. Your first line of defense is LIGHT.
I've armed myself with a handgun & shotgun & lots of ammo. I own a permit to carry, but would have armed myself in any case. I also recently bought a compound bow and will practice in my back yard all winter.
I'm working on making an unfinished bathroom in my lower level into a radiation protected room.
Purchased an axe, buck knife, bow saw, small shop saw, nails, duct tape, electric tape, wheel barrel, compass, rope & a flint starter.
So far, these are items that made sense straight off. Am researching now for more ideas.
I wanted to share this with other single woman who are in my same type of situation. Food stuff, medical supplies and water are a given. But something I'm also doing is storing vitamins. I plan to vacuum seal them.
Well, hope this info. has helped someone. I appreciate all and any information shared.

All my best

Love your moniker! You weren't suppose to get rid of the property. It was designed for "such a time" as this..... For me, I would put out "feelers" to other single women in the area! I consider myself to be a very outgoing and friendly person overall.  I would strike up a conversation at the grocery store along the lines of, "prices pretty high huh? Would take an arm and a leg to pay for this pack of steaks!" And go with the flow........

I've met couple nice people this way!  :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:28:14 PM by Dania22 »

The Heretic

• Trusted Member
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 09:38:26 PM »
Sounds to me like you have done well for your self. Take a deep breath, relax and wait for inspiration. If you have done all you can do up to this time, if there is more guidance coming your way it will find you and you will know it!

You have guardian angels watching out for you. Just take it easy and wait for further instruction or inspiration. You will know when it comes.

Right now just go to bed, relax and wait. You will know what to do when the time comes. Don't push it, they will give yout time to do what ever is needed.

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »
great ideas!
one thing you can barter that no one can really take from you, is knowledge... i think stocking up on books (how-to/survival/etc) would be a great help.  think of books such as, "when there is no doctor".  it's available on amazon and has great reviews.
just my two cents  :D

Good Evening,
I appreciate this thread and everyones very helpful posts. As a single female with no "group" this has been the hardest part of my evolution.

I've armed myself with a handgun & shotgun & lots of ammo. I own a permit to carry, but would have armed myself in anycase. I also recently bought a compound bow and will practice in my back yard all winter.
I wanted to share this with other singel woman who are in my same type of situation. Food stuff, medical supplies and water are a given. But something I'm also doing is storing vitamins. I plan to vacuum seal them.

All my best

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!