Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: FLOODING (US)  (Read 22894 times)

Marzstar

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
Re: FLOODING (US)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 12:55:25 PM »
Yowbarb

Thank you for sharing.  I will post more later as more information comes.  I am in a safe dry area.  I am fortunate. 

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 03:06:20 PM »
Wild and crazy week for us. My daughter lives in Longmont and works in Lyons and Boulder. It took her four hours to get home on Thursday, and she had to work from home on Friday. She works in Boulder five days a week. Her other employer,  the Black Bear five-star restaurant in Lyons, (three days a week--yep, on Fridays she works both jobs), has a couple feet of water. The owners and their daughter were evacuated, but the daughter is staying with friends and volunteering--distributing all the food from the restaurant freezers and supply closets. My daughter is hoping to go to work tomorrow (in Boulder), but it's been pouring rain all day, so the rivers and creeks are even higher.

THEN, if all that wasn't bad enough, she was driving to the grocery store, and a nervous, distraught teenage driver T-boned her car! Totalled it. She had two of her grandkids in the car with her. Of course all were buckled up (she's fanatical about seatbelts.) Nobody was hurt.

And they tell us things will get worse.

Sometimes I marvel at how strong and resilient she is. She says she got it from me, but she must have taken it all, 'cause I don't think I have any left! I guess she won't be worrying about her second job for a long time. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 06:34:30 PM »
Wild and crazy week for us. My daughter lives in Longmont and works in Lyons and Boulder. It took her four hours to get home on Thursday, and she had to work from home on Friday. She works in Boulder five days a week. Her other employer,  the Black Bear five-star restaurant in Lyons, (three days a week--yep, on Fridays she works both jobs), has a couple feet of water. The owners and their daughter were evacuated, but the daughter is staying with friends and volunteering--distributing all the food from the restaurant freezers and supply closets. My daughter is hoping to go to work tomorrow (in Boulder), but it's been pouring rain all day, so the rivers and creeks are even higher.

THEN, if all that wasn't bad enough, she was driving to the grocery store, and a nervous, distraught teenage driver T-boned her car! Totalled it. She had two of her grandkids in the car with her. Of course all were buckled up (she's fanatical about seatbelts.) Nobody was hurt.

Sometimes I marvel at how strong and resilient she is. She says she got it from me, but she must have taken it all, 'cause I don't think I have any left! I guess she won't be worrying about her second job for a long time.

Montanabarb, wow that does sound hard to deal with... did you mean the teenaged girl driver wrecked your daughter's car? I'm glad if no one was hurt...
Give us another update soon. I hope this flooding stops soon...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 06:54:26 PM »
Yowbarb

Thank you for sharing.  I will post more later as more information comes.  I am in a safe dry area.  I am fortunate.

Belated reply to you, Marzstar - I am glad you are in a safe area!  :)
That's good news!
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 10:38:28 PM »
A few images from Colorado in the past few days of flooding...These are from CNN.
TWC is now reporting rains are slowing or have stopped; dry air moving into flooded areas. - Yowbarb
Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 11:36:48 PM MDT
......................................................................................

Rain slows rescue efforts amid deadly Colorado floods

By David Simpson. Nick Valencia and Emma Lacey-Bordeaux, CNN
updated 8:12 PM EDT, Sun September 15, 2013

PHOTOS

Dave Jackson closes a mailbox with his foot after delivering the mail to a home surrounded by water from the flooded Cheyenne Creek in
Colorado Springs, Colorado, on Friday, September 13.

Water rushes where a bridge collapsed in a flash flood in Lyons, on September 13.

During a break in the rain, a woman walks over a footbridge past the raging Boulder Creek in Boulder on September 13. Boulder County is one of the hardest-hit areas.

Topaz Street resident Jake Koplen stands at the edge of his driveway after the street in front of his home was washed away in Boulder on September 13.

Samantha Kinzig of Longmont, Colorado, and her 5-year-old daughter Isabel take a closer look at the damaged bridge on Weld County Road 1 on September 13

Highway 7 is completely blown out from the South St. Vrain River as a torrent of raging water rips through it about 12 miles west of Lyons on September 12.

Parked vehicles sit partially submerged near Greeley, Colorado, on Saturday, September 14. Flooding in Colorado has washed away roads and bridges and flooded homes. Authorities warned more rain was on the way, threatening more flooding. At least four people have been killed and hundreds are unaccounted for, officials say

Three vehicles crashed into a creek after the road washed out from beneath them in Broomfield, Colorado, on September 12. Three people were rescued
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:45:23 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 10:47:46 PM »
Hearing on  WC
Devastating flooding near Albuquerque, New Mexico.
A dam in Crown Point has a crack in it.
The Dam is not expected to fail tonight.
Large area under a flash flood watch.
Dry air expected to move in sometime in the next 2 days.

- Yowbarb

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 07:34:24 AM »

Montanabarb, wow that does sound hard to deal with... did you mean the teenaged girl driver wrecked your daughter's car? I'm glad if no one was hurt...
Give us another update soon. I hope this flooding stops soon...

Sorry about that--I'm around kids too much.  They call it T-boning when a car is hit broadside. Yes, my daughters car was totaled. I don't have any updates this morning, as to whether she got to work, or whether her business is even operating.  Sooo many roads are closed it will take her awhile, if she can get there at all.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »
Montanabarb - that's fine I figured "t boning" was definitely not a good thing...
I pick up on a lot of lingo but just wasn't familiar with that one...
So sorry to hear that all happened.. Thankfully your daughter and grandkids are fine...
Sounds like a really difficult situation for her to get to work though...
Weather is drying out in Colorado, last I checked...

Marzstar

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »
Yes, finally sunshine!!! 

To all that are experiencing such difficulties, my heart and prayers go out to each and everyone of you. 

Mar

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »
Marzstar that is great news...Sunshine in Colorado. BTW I used to love those Colorado summers! Also early Fall...
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 09:18:22 PM »
Flooding in south Florida, the worst for a hundred years. At least two people drowned and over 17 inches of rain in one place...
Also there was a record broken...Palm Beach County...

http://www.local10.com/weather/nws-palm-beach-county-sees-record-flooding/-/1717142/23863030/-/9k57ygz/-/index.html

NWS: Palm Beach County sees record flooding

County public schools closed; Flooding closes parts of I-95

Author: Liane Morejon, Reporter, lmorejon@wplg.com
Ben Candea, Senior Web Producer, bcandea@local10.com

JUPITER, Fla. - 
Flood waters in Delray Beach are receding after this week's historic rainfall. Police are still monitoring some side roads that have residual flooding.

A late afternoon rainstorm left widespread flooding from Delray Beach to Fort Pierce Thursday.

The National Weather Service says the Boynton Beach area received 17.72 inches of rain.
"My car went in the water and then stuck," said Bernadette Pierre. "I'm soaked, wet, and my car stuck over there for the last three hours."

A woman drowned in Delray Beach when she drove off a roadway into a canal. A second person drowned at Kings Point. That victim was identified as 90-year-old Harry Krulewitz.

Other areas up and down the coast also experienced flooding.

Flooded streets were impossible to navigate and, in some cases, drivers simply abandoned their cars. Creative people paddled boats in roads that had turned to rivers and most major ramps off I-95 had to be completely closed due to standing water. More than 100 stranded vehicles had to be towed.

"The water is so deep at the entrance and at the circle even if you get through the parking lot you can't get out to the main roads," said Andrew Loy

At The Meadows apartment complex there was so much standing water in the parking lot, residents were forced to stay home.

"I have water in my car right under the steering wheel where you put your feet," said Yuliisha Ganister. "It is a real mess."

The flooding was so bad in a neighborhood near Gateway Boulevard, water came pouring into homes. Residents did the best they could getting their belongings up and off the ground and then dealt with the clean-up.

The Boynton Police Department received hundreds of service calls and extra officers were brought in overnight.

Police rescued a blind homeless woman in a wheelchair, but the water came up so fast when they found her, it was up to her chest.

"They called out to her. She said she had been out there for hours," said Stephanie Slater of the Boynton Police Department. "They assured her they would bring her to safety. They pushed through the heavy brush and lifted her out of he wheelchair and carried her to safety."

"I've lived in Boynton since 1969 and this is the worst flooding I have seen in this area," said Boynton Beach Vice Mayor Woodrow Hay.

Schools were closed in St. Lucie and Palm Beach counties due to the flooding. Officials say up to nine inches of rain fell in Fort Pierce.

Martin County Fire Rescue officials say a possible tornado in Hobe Sound damaged 30 homes. No injuries were reported, but officials say there were multiple downed power lines.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 01:18:11 PM »
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/validProds.php?prod=FFA

Current Flood Watch Products:

• Blacksburg, VA (21)
• Charleston, WV (13)
• Honolulu, HI 8
• Jackson, KY (11)
• Pittsburgh, PA (9)
• Wilmington, OH (15)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
Yowbarb Note
It may not be so obvious by this NWS map but there are a whole lot of flood watches and warnings and flash flood warnings going on right now. One area where it could get really bad is right on the Great Lakes when things thaw on Wednesday. Take Care, everyone.
National Weather Service Map of Alerts is posted below:

http://www.weather.gov/

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!