Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Here is what Marshall needs - the standard for photos you send him  (Read 7810 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Here is what Marshall needs - the standard for photos you send him
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 06:11:46 AM »
Neurotek, I replied to you and also sent you a message. Let's get it sorted out via email and message and try to move forward.
Send me specifics.
- Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 06:26:02 AM »

This Topic is mainly just a communication to let Guests, Members and Stringers know what Marshall needs in the way of photographic images and info.

Also this to let you all know what he mainly wants at this time is a good capture of an unknown object near the sun. Not deep space observing - just looking at the sun.

Any questions, I would prefer you just send me a message. Send Marshall a message, etc.
I will do my best to get your question answered, particularly if it involves sending me images, and required info along with it.
- Barb Townsend

RE- Posted:

Also posted in Notice To Members
Hi All: Marshall asked me to relay this info to the Members on the Town Hall.
Any questions I will try to help, send  me a msg.
Barb Townsend

admin
Thank you for submitting your image. Because we are a volunteer contributor site, we have limited time to review submitted images. In order to maximize our efforts, we require the following:
•   Original File Source: No thumbnails please. We need a copy of the actual original RAW file from the camera itself so that we can inspect the image metadata.
•   High Resolution: Cell phone cameras are of such poor quality that we cannot get good results from them. HD Smartphones are better, but we prefer images taken with a good prosumer or professional grade digital camera.
•   Observation Data: Without knowing the exact location the image was taken from to include date, time and direction a useful analysis is impossible.
•   Observer Personal Data: We need to know who took the image, if he or she personally witnessed the objects and if so what. Images from anonymous or reclusive sources are ignored.
•   Unobstructed view. No images shot through a car or home window. We only make exceptions for airline passengers shooting images at altitude.
If your submission fails any one of these five criteria, we will not open a file on it. However, we do encourage you to pursue your own analysis. Here are three things you can do to get started today at no cost to you:
Learn the CSI method: In our video, Planet X System Observations and Orbital Analysis, we explain the Camera Sensor Illumination (CS1) method. You can view it at: http://twosunsinthesky.com
Next, you need to obtain freely available software for your analysis. Marshall's preferred analysis tool is Snagit. A screen capture program with an advanced image editor he uses for over 90% of his work. You can download a free copy of the program to analyse your images at: http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html
1.   Once you install the program, here are the direct steps to analyse your images:
2.   Save your images to your computer desktop.
3.   Open the Snagit editor.
4.   Open your image file in the editor.
5.   Once the image file is displayed, select the Image tab.
6.   From the image tab, you will see the Color Effects option.
7.   Select the Color Correction drop down menu option. This will display a pop up menu.
8.   Begin your analysis by reducing the Gamma setting.
For more advanced analysis, you can use a paint program such as Corel Paint, Adobe Photoshop or the freely available Gimp editor which is available for Windows at http://www.gimp.org
Again, we thank you for your submission and wish you the best of luck with your observation efforts.

CYB, Marshall   

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:09:40 AM by Yowbarb »

7dwarfs

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 09:49:06 PM »
Hello,
New to this site thanks to Marshall. Have some VERY INTERESTING PHOTOS for your review. Marshall, could I send you the 2 files of 4 photos each with the explanation ie, date/time/location/camera. Just for your review. After that I will go through the process based on your feedback. Trying to get hold of Gene (Maverick Star) but no such luck. Just feel the world needs to see such photos as I have taken. Please reply as I have the photos and you have the platform. Look forward to your reply.
Thanks and kind regards.
Rob aka 7dwarfs @ rjbruin62@gmail.com

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 06:01:41 AM »
Hello,
New to this site thanks to Marshall. Have some VERY INTERESTING PHOTOS for your review. Marshall, could I send you the 2 files of 4 photos each with the explanation ie, date/time/location/camera. Just for your review. After that I will go through the process based on your feedback. Trying to get hold of Gene (Maverick Star) but no such luck. Just feel the world needs to see such photos as I have taken. Please reply as I have the photos and you have the platform. Look forward to your reply.
Thanks and kind regards.

Hello 7dwarfs and welcome to the Planet X Town Hall.  :) I just approved your Application last night.
That's interesting you have some photos.
•   Sending you a PM - private msg. with my email.
•   I am adding you to the Stringers Group here on the Town Hall. Stringers, independent journalists.
•   Marshall created the group and asked me to be in charge of it.
•   Please read continue to read Topics posted in the Stringer Board about what it means to be a Stringer.
•   Stringers email photos to me and I relay them to Marshall and the Researcher.
•   Any questions I will try to help.

Sincerely,
Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »
Hello,
Thanks and kind regards.
Msg. # Two -
I heard back from Marshall. He is really interested to see your photos, so check your Town Hall messages, send me an email - and we will get your images uploaded to the Stringers FTP.
- Barb Townsend

7dwarfs

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 09:32:34 PM »
Hi Barb,
Sligto ht glitch on my pc. Daughter age of 8 tried installing games and some intruder is now inside my pc. Will have a tech clean it up and hopefully have the 2 files out to you by the weekend. Thanks for your prompt reply. Rob

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »
Hi Barb,
Sligto ht glitch on my pc. Daughter age of 8 tried installing games and some intruder is now inside my pc. Will have a tech clean it up and hopefully have the 2 files out to you by the weekend. Thanks for your prompt reply. Rob

Hi Rob, just noticed you were on. Good Luck with the tech cleanup.
Yes, let's try for the weekend. My son is an IT (mainly musician) and maybe I can get info from him. He's out of town but I could ask him..let me know if questions. Possible you could get help from Marshall on it too... We just have Norton and it works OK...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 09:50:01 PM »
Hi Barb,

BTW that happened with my two grandsons too, when they were aged 6 and 8. First the Games then bugs in the pc.  ???  :) It finally got sorted...

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 10:18:06 PM »
Hi 7dwarfs:

I've tried a lot of different anti-virus packages.  What I use now is a first and second level combo.

First level, http://superantispyware.com/  (I use the professional edition.)
For second level, I use Hitman Pro  http://www.surfright.nl/en

This is a really powerful one-two punch that's worked well for me.

Cheers, Marshall

Aldwyn

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 05:51:09 AM »
Just to throw another voice on how to keep safe with a computer.  I use MalwareBytes and because of that my college is using it for cleaning up problems.  A professional home license is cheap $25 and works for life and it catches lots of stuff that Microsoft Security Essentials misses.  Those two are all I use and I am an IT professional.
https://www.malwarebytes.org/
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

Aldwyn
Endure... Honor requires nothing less.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!