Author Topic: Civilizations and Cataclysms!  (Read 9963 times)

Joe Montanna

• Members
Civilizations and Cataclysms!
« on: May 17, 2010, 04:33:45 PM »
Civilizations and Cataclysms!
From a thread:
Due to so many people doubting that cataclysmic events have befallen previous civilizations here on earth and the myths and legends surrounding them. As well as the speculation regarding possible accuracy in predicting future events, proof will be offered here.

You will need Google Earth to view the following locations.

While researching site # 1 originally located by someone else and actually presented online, it became blatantly evident that there was much more to be found under the waters that cover the majority of this planet. Enjoy!

# 1 31

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Civilizations and Cataclysms!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:03:13 AM »
Hello Joe Montanna New Moderator and welcome!
I had started some Topics about Ancient civilizations and survival secrets,  etc.
Will move those Topics over here on your Board and will continue posting.
So good to see you here .  ;D
Yowbarb

Dctfree

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:00:01 AM »
Of all the places you read articles and watch videos and such, after a while things begin to click or come together. I was pondering over pole shifts when I watched a video about the pyramids. And I don't know if anyone has ever considered this point........Maybe the pyramids all over the world were built as markers to study the pole shifts. Each area in the world has pyramids that are unique to that area, they are all slightly different across the world. This would show the pattern of the pole shift and in what direction it moved the ground. And they are so big that it would be hard to miss them. And even if they crumbled to the ground, the mass would be evident they were there. If they are under water, they would most likely be found with technology. This might help to explain why some are buried and others untouched. And i'm sure we will find more in years to come.

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 05:47:51 AM »
here is a youtube video of Chinese Pyramids. I followed the location that the video showed in china on
my own copy of Google Earth and yep; I found them on google earth. The 'distance scale' on my google
earth shows that the footprint of the pyramids rival those of Egypt. About 400 + feet per side. The only
thing I could not get from the satellite was the Height of the pyramids. There are a LOT of them in China.
Also, I have no idea how old the pyramids are supposed to be. They look like earth or mud pyramids. They
may not be all that old.
Pyramids in China - Widescreen HD version 2010 (Google Earth secrets)
Food for thought. David
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 10:13:12 AM »
Of all the places you read articles and watch videos and such, after a while things begin to click or come together. I was pondering over pole shifts when I watched a video about the pyramids. And I don't know if anyone has ever considered this point........Maybe the pyramids all over the world were built as markers to study the pole shifts. Each area in the world has pyramids that are unique to that area, they are all slightly different across the world. This would show the pattern of the pole shift and in what direction it moved the ground. And they are so big that it would be hard to miss them. And even if they crumbled to the ground, the mass would be evident they were there. If they are under water, they would most likely be found with technology. This might help to explain why some are buried and others untouched. And i'm sure we will find more in years to come.

Dctfree I feel many of these things are possible, which you posted.
Also, ever since I heard of a giant pyramid which was empty, had polished marble floors,  air ducts and no mummies, I felt it might have
been built to provide the royal family, and at  least part of the local populace, shelter from the earth changes caused by the passage
of Planet X. The pyramid is a very stong shape.
I will have to look up where that empty pyramid was. I read that the government there would not let
people in to view it,
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:15:09 AM by Yowbarb »

Amy Evans

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is never futile, just time consuming an
    • The Kolbrin, Planet-X and Nibiru Group
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 06:42:38 AM »
Greetings all.
The most important, in my opinion, record to survive to this time is an ancient Egyptian scroll.  At first it was thought to be a poem and ignored, but you will read a first hand account of the damage caused the last time PX came through.

The Admonitions of Ipuwer     (Papyrus Leiden 334)

(date of original composition uncertain, but generally considered to be describing the turmoil of the First Intermediate Period)
Web site link http://ursulastange.com/courses/documents/ThePapyrusofIpuwer_000.doc

[. .] The door [keepers] say: "Let us go and plunder."
The confectioners [. . .].
The washerman refuses to carry his load [. . .]
The bird [catchers] have drawn up in line of battle [. . . the inhabitants] of the Delta carry shields.
The brewers [. . .] sad.

wrongdoing is everywhere, and there is no man of yesterday.
Indeed, the plunderer [. . .] everywhere, and the servant takes what he finds.
Indeed, the Nile overflows, yet none plough for it [I/1]. Everyone says: "We do not know what will happen throughout the land."
Indeed, the women are barren and none conceive. Khnum fashions (men) no more because of the condition of the land.   [I/1] the Nile overflows, yet none plough for it:

Indeed, poor men have become owners of wealth, and he who could not make sandals for himself is now a possessor of riches.
Indeed, men's slaves, their hearts are sad, and magistrates do not fraternize with their people when they shout.
Indeed, [hearts] are violent, pestilence is throughout the land, blood is everywhere, death is not lacking, and the mummy-cloth speaks even before one comes near it.
Indeed, many dead are buried in the river; the stream is a sepulcher and the place of embalmment has become a stream.
Indeed, noblemen are in distress, while the poor man is full of joy. Every town says: "Let us suppress the powerful among us." [II/1]

Squalor is throughout the land, and there are none indeed whose clothes are white in these times.
Indeed, the land turns around as does a potter's wheel; the robber is a possessor of riches and [the rich man is become] a plunderer.

towns are destroyed and Upper Egypt has become an empty waste.

Indeed, men are few, and he who places his brother in the ground is everywhere. When the wise man speaks, [he flees without delay].
Indeed, the well-born man [. . .] through lack of recognition, and the child of his lady has become the son of his maidservant.   

Indeed, the desert is throughout the land, the nomes are laid waste, and barbarians [III/1] from abroad have come to Egypt[III/2].
Indeed, men arrive [. . .] and indeed, there are no Egyptians [III/3] anywhere.
Indeed, gold and lapis lazuli, silver and turquoise, carnelian and amethyst, Ibhet-stone and [. . .] are strung on the necks of maidservants. Good things are throughout the land, (yet) housewives say: "Oh that we had something to eat!"
Indeed, [. . .] noblewomen. Their bodies are in sad plight by reason of their rags, and their hearts sink when greeting [one another].

Indeed, the builders [of pyramids have become] cultivators, and those who were in the sacred bark are now yoked [to it]. None shall indeed sail northward to Byblos today; what shall we do for cedar trees for our mummies, and with the produce of which priests are buried and with the oil of which [chiefs] are embalmed as far as Keftiu? They come no more; gold is lacking [. . .] and materials for every kind of craft have come to an end. The [. . .] of the palace is despoiled. How often do people of the oases come with their festival spices, mats, and skins, with fresh rdmt-plants, grease of birds . . . ?

Indeed, laughter is perished and is [no longer] made; it is groaning that is throughout the land, mingled with complaints.   

Indeed, every dead person is as a well-born man. Those who were Egyptians [have become] foreigners and are thrust aside.
Indeed, hair [has fallen out] for everybody, and the man of rank can no longer be distinguished from him who is nobody.

Indeed, great and small [say]: "I wish I might die." Little children say: "He should not have caused [me] to live."
Indeed, the children of princes are dashed against walls, and the children of the neck [IV/1] are laid out on the high ground [IV/2].

As for the butler, he is ruined. There are no remedies for it; noblewomen suffer like maidservants, minstrels are at the looms within the weaving-rooms, and what they sing to the Songstress-goddess is mourning. Talkers [. . .] corn-rubbers.
Indeed, all female slaves are free with their tongues, and when their mistress speaks, it is irksome to the maidservants.

Indeed, all animals, their hearts weep; cattle moan because of the state of the land.
Indeed, the children of princes are dashed against walls, and the children of the neck are laid out on the high ground. Khnum groans because of his weariness.

Indeed, that has perished which yesterday was seen, and the land is left over to its weakness like the cutting of flax, commoners coming and going in dissolution [. . .].   [V/1]the ways are [. . .], the roads are watched: the ways [are not] guarded roads (Wilson)

Would that there were an end of men, without conception, without birth! Then would the land be quiet from noise and tumult be no more.
Indeed, [men eat] herbage and wash [it] down with water; neither fruit nor herbage can be found [for] the birds, and [. . .] is taken away from the mouth of the pig. No face is bright

Indeed, public offices are opened and their inventories are taken away; the serf has become an owner of serfs.

Indeed, the laws of the council chamber are thrown out; indeed, men walk on them in public places, and poor men break them up in the streets.

Behold, the fire has gone up on high, and its burning goes forth against the enemies of the land. (Sound familar?)

Behold, things have been done which have not happened for a long time past; the king has been deposed by the rabble.
Behold, he who was buried as a falcon [VII/1] [is devoid] of biers, and what the pyramid concealed has become empty.
Behold, it has befallen that the land has been deprived of the kingship by a few lawless men.

Behold, the possessors of tombs are ejected on to the high ground, while he who could not make a coffin for himself is now [the possessor] of a treasury.
Behold, this has happened [to] men; he who could not build a room for himself is now a possessor of walls.

Behold, the possessor of wealth now spends the night thirsty, while he who once begged his dregs for himself is now the possessor of overflowing bowls.
Behold, the possessors of robes are now in rags, while he who could not weave for himself is now a possessor of fine linen.
Behold, he who could not build a boat for himself is now the possessor of a fleet; their erstwhile owner looks at them, but they are not his.
Behold, he who had no shade is now the possessor of shade, while the erstwhile possessors of shade are now in the full blast of the storm.

Behold, he who slept wifeless through want [finds] riches, while he whom he never saw stands making dole.
Behold, he who had no property is now a possessor of wealth, and the magnate praises him.
Behold, the poor of the land have become rich, and the [erstwhile owner] of property is one who has nothing.
Behold, serving-men have become masters of butlers, and he who was once a messenger now sends someone else.
Behold, he who had no loaf is now the owner of a barn, and his storehouse is provided with the goods of another.

Behold, she who had no box is now the owner of a coffer, and she who had to look at her face in the water is now the owner of a mirror.

[Behold,] those who once owned beds are now on the ground, while he who once slept in squalor now lays out a skin-mat for himself.

Behold, a man is slain beside his brother, who runs away and abandons him to save his own skin.

This translation is taken from the webpage of Andre Dollinger
Who kindly allows non-commercial use of his materials
http://nefertiti.iwebland.com/texts/ipuwer.htm

http://nefertiti.iwebland.com/index.html
Amy Evans

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 06:51:00 AM »
Amy you might find this Topic interesting too,
NOAH'S AND OTHERS' ANCIENT ARKS
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=605.0

I had started it over in the old Town Hall and then moved it over here...
don't you love those old stories...
I will be going through those posts and make sure I was fairly accurate. It got a bit complex there were possibly two earlier accounts of the flood, earlier than Noah. 
More later,
Yowbarb

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 10:34:17 AM »
Came across this on youtube.
'Symbols of an Alien Sky'. This is part 1 lasting 8 minutes.
Very well done and the rest of the series is great too.
enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzxVhLcCH8w&feature=related

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 12:18:47 PM »
"The Pleistocene period ended in death. This was no ordinary extinction of a vague geological period, which fizzled to an uncertain end. This death was catastrophic and all inclusive." [Hibben, op. cit.] [Quoted from The Secret History of The World]

Firestone, West and Warwick-Smith write:
"Until recently, the astronomical mainstream was highly critical of Clube and Napier's giant comet hypothesis. However, the crash of comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 on Jupiter in 1994 has led to a change in attitudes. The comet, watched by the world's observatories, was seen split into 20 pieces and slammed into different parts of the planet over a period of several days. A similar impact on Earth, it hardly needs saying, would have been devastating."

Circa 12,000 years ago.
The Carolina Bays date to this time. The Carolina bays are mysterious land features often filled with bay trees and other wetland vegetation. Because of their oval shape and consistent orientation, they are considered by some authorities to be the result of a vast meteor shower that occurred approximately 12,000 years ago. What is most astonishing is the number of them. There are over 500,000 of these shallow basins dotting the coastal plain from Georgia to Delaware. That is a frightening figure.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got the above quote from a rather long article about past meteorite/comet hits on the earth. I then went to Google Earth and started
scanning the area from Georgia to Deleware. If someone decides to do that; look at the area in North Carolina ! Wow. It appears
to be craters in a wide area with trees growing inside of them. If anyone is in North Carolina; do you know of these crater features and
are they craters or a trick of the eye ?
Supposedly, the craters in NC were done around 12,000 years ago.
The point is; is that massive numbers of meteorites can hit and past records show that it snuffs out life real quick.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/151954-Meteorites-Asteroids-and-Comets-Damages-Disasters-Injuries-Deaths-and-Very-Close-Calls
Food for thought.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 08:44:23 AM »
I posted about this archaeological site, Gobekli Tepe a couple of years ago. Going to re-post it here with this video. Posting it here because the video discusses cataclysms during that time period. - Yowbarb

12,000-year-old unexplained structure     8:20   2,225,717 Views

VIDEO:  http://youtu.be/TZ0ViMVxKZA

SolutreanAhnenerbe
Uploaded on Aug 1, 2011
For a more thorough analysis related to the geological existence for sites such as these, visit the trailer of an up and coming documentary: http://www.indiegogo.com/worldicetheory
Amazing find (History Chanel docum.) in what is now Turkey, 12,000 year-old circular city. Twice as old as any city in Mesopotamia. The Germans are excavating it.
No stone-cutting tools used

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 12:35:22 PM »

Mayan Calendar End Date Confirmed

Apr 16, 2013 08:35 AM ET // by Rossella Lorenzi

Carbon-dating of a structural beam from a Guatemalan temple confirms that the Mayan Long Count calendar did end on December 2012, leaving no room for further doomsday prophecies and miscalculations claims.

The Long Count is a complex system of bars and dots that consists of five time units: Bak’tun (144,000 days); K’atun (7,200 days), Tun (360 days), Winal (20 days) and K’in (one day).

The days are counted from a mythological starting point.

PHOTOS: 2012 Doomsday and Other Signs of the End Times

The Long Count proliferated to more than 40 different centers across the Mayan lowlands between 600–900 A.D. and was used to anchor major historical events in time.

However, those historic events comprising royal successions, rituals, victories and defeats, could not be precisely ordered by date as scholars were unable to set the date of the mythical starting point.

Indeed, the Long Count system fell into disuse before European contact in the 16th century, moreover the Spanish colonizers destroyed any evidence that could have helped correlate the Maya and European calendars.

ANALYSIS: Mayan Calendar Discovery Confirms 2012 ‘End Date’

“Many solutions to the problem have been proposed, employing a variety of historical and astronomical data,” an international team of researchers led by Douglas J. Kennett, professor of environmental archaeology at Pennsylvania State University, wrote in the journal Scientific Reports.

However, “correlation constants can vary up to 1,000 years and remain controversial,” they said.

To place the Long Count dates into the European calendar in order to understand when things happened in the Maya world relative to historic events elsewhere, Kennett’s team turned to an elaborately carved wooden beam from a temple in the ancient Maya city of Tikal.

NEWS: Maya Blue Paint Recipe Deciphered

The carvings depict Tikal’s king, known as Jasaw Chan K’awiil. A related text describes his defeat of King Yich’aak K’ahk’ , known as “Claw of Fire,” from a rival kingdom at Calakmul.

Using a combination of high-resolution accelerator mass spectrometry carbon-14 dates and a statistical model of tree growth rates estimated from changing calcium concentrations, the researchers established that the lintel was carved sometime around 658-696 A.D.

The estimate closely matches the most popular method in use, the Goodman-Martinez-Thompson (GMT) correlation, initially put forth by Joseph Goodman in 1905 and subsequently modified by others.

NEWS: Dry Spells Caused Mayan Civilization Fall

According to the GMT estimate, the K’awiil’s victory occurred around 695-712 A.D. The date was determined in the 1950s by carbon dating on two other wooden beams from Tikal.

Kennett and colleagues believe the discrepancy between the two dates can be explained by the fact that the beam was taken from a tree called the sapotilla whose hard wood would have required years to carve.

The date of the Mayan battle would work like a Rosetta stone for the chronology of the ancient civilization.

“Anything that has a Mayan date on it, we can be more certain about what the European date is,” Kennett told U.S. News & World Report.

ANALYSIS: Mayans Cooked Food With Clay Balls

The finding confirms that climate change played a key role in the development and demise of the ancient Maya.

It also means that the end of the 13th Mayan Bak’tun really did happen last year — without any apocalyptic effect.

“The exact date when the Bak’tun changed is open to question, but we know that it was somewhere in December,” Kennett said.
http://news.discovery.com/history/archaeology/mayan-calendar-end-date-confirmed-130416.htm

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 06:41:59 PM »
You have just got to click on the link below to see all of these amazing photos!!
Lost Underwater City Uncovered (PHOTOS)

Camille Mann Published: May 1, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT weather.com

A colossal statue of red granite representing the god Hapi, which decorated the temple of Heracleion. The god of the flooding of the Nile, symbol of abundance and fertility, has never before been discovered at such a large scale, which points to his importance for the Canopic region. (Copyright Frank Goddio/Hilti Foundation, photo: Christoph Gerigk)

A lost city and vital port known as Heracleion to the ancient Greeks and Thonis to ancient Egyptians was thought to be nothing but a memory until a team from the European Institute for Underwater Archeology (IEASM) discovered the mystical city submerged in the Mediterranean Sea.

Traces of Thonis-Heracleion were found four miles off the coast of Egypt, 30 feet below the Aboukir Bay in 2000. The team, under French underwater archaeologist Dr. Frank Goddio’s direction, discovered many ruins, among them a monolithic chapel, a giant red granite statue of the god Hapi and the largest known concentration of ancient ships. It was the chapel that tipped off Goddio that it was in fact the lost city.

Underwater Lost City Found

"The archaeological evidence is simply overwhelming," says Sir Barry Cunliffe, eminent archaeologist at Oxford University in a release. "By lying untouched and protected by sand on the seafloor for centuries they are brilliantly preserved."

Goddio and IEASM’s 13-year excavation was documented in “Egypt’s Sunken City - A Legend Is Revealed,” a special scheduled to air on French and German tv network Channel Arte on May 11.

A panel of experts weighed in on the team’s finds at a conference at Oxford University earlier this year, but they are still unclear on how exactly the ancient city sunk. Goddio’s team believes liquefaction of the soil at spots near the Aboukir Bay due to the pressure of large buildings on the clay and water could have caused the submergence.

The team also believes it could have been due to an “unusually high flood” or an earthquake either in combination with liquefaction or by itself that could have caused the city to sink.

http://www.weather.com/news/science/lost-underwater-city-uncovered-20130430

I think the last paragraph above is just very telling, isn't it??  Hmmm, I wonder what could have possibly caused that "unusully high flood" or "earthquake" at that point of time in history....Now let me just think.... ::) ;D

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 08:16:32 AM »
This is very exciting, wish they would show the documentary in the US.  I am really drawn to this kind of stuff, especially to the Persian Gulf area.

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 08:43:36 AM »
This is very exciting, wish they would show the documentary in the US.  I am really drawn to this kind of stuff, especially to the Persian Gulf area.

Me too Endtimesgal!  Hopefully the documentary will eventually make it's way to the US, or maybe it will show up on youtube, or something!

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 01:52:56 PM »
Wow. Love stuff like this.
Here is a youtube video but it is not in English.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITfUuzTXa68