Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: the human (mental) condition  (Read 2500 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
the human (mental) condition
« on: November 20, 2017, 05:45:01 AM »
Contrary to popular assumptions, the human brain is not just some cerebral machine or other. In fact, all facets of humanity are housed there in some shape or form [disregarding the heart and other organs... but that would make this topic way too complicated]:
- the cerebral / logical
- emotional
- primal / instinctual
- spiritual

Popular culture just speaks of "the brain" but things are in fact much more complicated (as attested by data, research and practice). The question here, however, is how this all relates to the matter of 'survival / prepping' and Planet X.
Mainly, this has to do with survival situations in which emotions, spirituality and logic become moot. In just such situations we fall back on experience, instinct and training; 2 of these we can influence greatly today: experience and training.

This is why History Channel's Alone series are popular; we like to explore the instinctual and subconscious, especially since popular culture doesn't really give us any insight or answers in this regard.
How would we react in a survival situation? Most of us of utterly oblivious of the answers to such (rhetorical) questions but instinctively feel a need to find clarity about such matters nonetheless.

We (humans) are not some kind of cerebral automatons, beings bereft of emotion, let alone of instinct; we feel, we panic at times, and it's all us, it's all about the human condition.
We do well to allow ourselves to experience such conditions periodically; it helps bring the whole of being human into perspective. Yes, we can be rational and cerebrally superior to other species [sic], but we are also emotional, instinctual and even [at times...] spiritual beings. It's all a part of what it means to be human.
But this forum is mostly about surviving hard times and that is largely about being / getting in sync with our instinctual nature [and one might argue that if one is already a 'prepper', that one is already more mature than most in this regard].

Our brain is made up of a logical part [neo cortex], emotional part [limbic system], an instinctual part [the reptilian brain or brain stem] and a 'whole' that may transcend it all... [the spiritual].
It is, however, crazy to see the brain as some kind of limiting vehicle that's in our way; our various aspects may seem confusing to those ignorant of what research has shown us to be the case, but our entire body, including all aspects of our brain, evolved to help us survive. And neither our logic, our emotions, our instinct nor our spirituality are opposed to survival. Much as fundamentalists, fatalists or any kind of ignorant folks would have us believe.

Matt. 6:33: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you; i think that's about learning about and accepting what it means to be human.
I think it's about being (or becoming) intelligent [as a person or culture] about ourselves, intimates and others [including all lifeforms], i.e. about being responsible toward the quality of life (and survival) of all beings, of those in our care and whom we (especially) love and of ourselves.

This takes study, reflection, knowledge, cerebral health and acceptance. I think this is the main source of survival instinct and that all else flows from it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:20:02 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: the human (mental) condition
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 06:42:35 AM »
Socrates, That's a beautifully simple way of reading that verse - will ponder it some more :)

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 02:45:16 PM »
Socrates

I think that you are on to something here:

Matt. 6:33: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you; i think that's about learning about and accepting what it means to be human. I think it's about being (or becoming) intelligent [as a person or culture] about ourselves, intimates and others [including all lifeforms], i.e. about being responsible toward the quality of life (and survival) of all beings, of those in our care and whom we (especially) love and of ourselves.

Globally we have decimated our planet in the last 100 years, with pollution of fresh drinking water, industrial waste dumped into the ocean’s etc.

After the Pole Shift I think that we are all going to be in desperate straits due to all this foolishness..

Max.

"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
the death wish of the masses
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 10:02:48 PM »
The professionals out there actually curing cancer funny enough all appear to agree on how it's done:
1: good nutrition
2: detox
3: dealing with some death wish trauma or other

There is much to be said about what "good nutrition" entails, but the trauma thing really puts a light on how bad things are, for if 80% of the masses will die prematurely due to cancer or heart disease, this suggests that at least or about 80% of folks have a trauma/ death wish that allows this to happen...

When it's about the masses the numbers are not good:
- 80% chance to die prematurely
- 95+% iodine deficiency
- 95% demineralized mainstream soils
It's likely our ancestors were similarly challenged and that's why they were unable to face the previous coming of Planet X with success.

And what about those without a death wish? Well, they are challenged by things like empathy with said masses, survivor guilt, ignorance and the general state of the world.
It's really quite sad that in our information age so few people seem to know enough to transcend the above, death wish or no.

If one is a 'prepper', one is probably among the 20-%, but these folk, too, should be aware of the dangers of iodine deficiency [i.e. that challenge more than 95% of the population], for (mainstream) research shows that it leads to schizophrenia [and contrary to common assumptions, this is not only only about DID (dual identity disorder) but is generally about being of two minds about things, i.e. being willing and able to say both "yes" and "no" concerning the same matter...].
(Yes, there's also the radioactive aspect of iodine, so all should be invested in making sure their iodine intake is sufficient [and using 'iodized salt' is no solution!].)

Incarnated as we all are in this physical realm, things like minerals are real; they offer vibrations, i.e. (waves of) energies that are both measurable and constant [unlike sources that offer temporary vibrations, like biofeedback machines, herbs or conscious intervention...].
The masses are lacking in such things. Eben...
What does any of this have to do with survival?!
I'm glad that you asked...

Survival prep has everything to do with our physical bodies. But isn't this thread about our minds?!
However, often "mind" and "brain" are confused and intermingled as if they were synonymous, and though this is in accordance with popular culture, they are not.
If your brain isn't up to it, survival becomes an unattainble goal. And, yeah, it's not only about your brain; for instance, if your adrenal glands are lacking lithium, you won't be able to deal with stress well. That not only can lead to burnout, but also has one avoiding hard truths and hard decisions (that may be typical of the surival mindset). Stress is also a physical thing and certain trains of thought can lead to stressful emotional reactions one's body isn't capable of dealing with [even in peaceful times!]. So 'thought' is always also physical...
"Your mind", then, is about things like conditioning, experience, knowledge, understanding and training;
"your brain", on the other hand, has to do with consistency (of thought), your ablitiy to balance emotion, instinct & logic and focus.
In popular culture such things are all catagorized as things that have to do with "brain" or "mind"; in reality, these are things that should be understood about the human condition that are fundamental in nature.

The death wish of the masses is unavoidable under the circumstances. All we can hope to achieve is to survive ourselves and offer future generations a better lot than ours was given 13,000 years ago.
The human condition demands that we make sure our mineral intake is sufficient [especially concerning iodine, lithium and magnesium] and that we make peace with the fact that 7,000,000,000 folks will likely soon meet a premature death. We may take solace in the fact that 80% of them would've met such a fate anyway, but that if we can transcend the madness that has taken hold of our world, we may be part of a new generation that will not only flourish during the coming cycle in between Planet X visitations, but hopefully be able to weather the storm maturely and competently the next time around.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:56:47 PM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 06:48:52 AM »
Well put Soc. 

your adrenal glands are lacking lithium

Since that mineral is not commonly available in a multi-vitamin, folks might want to know to turn to black peppercorns for it.  :)

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 10:47:41 AM »

your adrenal glands are lacking lithium

Since that mineral is not commonly available in a multi-vitamin, folks might want to know to turn to black peppercorns for it.

Lithium Orotate capsules for stress reduction. Not expensive.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 11:41:25 AM »
Good to know Jim! :)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: lithium orotate
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 05:51:36 PM »
I am personally not into supplements, but i make an exception for iodine, lithium and magnesium, for how else to get enough of them?
The 'smartest' peoples of the world evolved next to the sea, usually around river deltas, for the land there contains the minerals deposited there by the sea. Therefore all minerals [which are present in seawater] are present in good numbers there [think Rome, Cairo, Tianjin, but also other areas abounding in minerals from dried ocean beds [Tibet] or loess plateaus [Xian (in ancient China)] [the Ganges that led to Indian culture also derives it's value from the Himalayas(, from it's effluent)].

We humans with our particular brains require certain minerals to function 'properly'. Schizophrenia is just one example of what happens when our brains are deprived of proper nutrition.

What is a human being without a properly functioning brain? Is this not what sets us apart and allows us to be human? In that light proper nutrition is no small matter.
It should be understood, however, that remedying a mineral deficiency takes time... For example, an expert on the matter of magnesium suggests it takes months to remedy a magnesium deficiency, and the same can be said for an iodine deficiency. These are, therefore, not matters that should be postponed, also because in times of want the body derives mineral requirements from minerals stored within the body itself, i.e. in fats, tissues, bones, etc.; it obviously takes time for the body to fill itself with minerals. And considering that the body renews itself every 7 years, perhaps one should even reckon that it will take (at least) that long to achieve a body full of minerals.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:01:59 PM by Socrates »
survival database

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 06:22:00 PM »
Good points.  Remedying an iodine deficiency is even more complex than bringing other minerals up to baseline, because there are numerous foods in our modern diets that contain other halides, which can compete with iodine for absorption (it is needed in far more places than the thyroid, as I'm sure you already know).  There is some thought that iodized salt may be less useful as an iodine source due to the chloride content, which competes, and the same issue is present with flour and bread bleached with bromine.  Cough syrup with Brompheniramine is another thing to watch for.  Other examples?

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 04:39:45 PM »
Good points.  Remedying an iodine deficiency is even more complex than bringing other minerals up to baseline, because there are numerous foods in our modern diets that contain other halides, which can compete with iodine for absorption (it is needed in far more places than the thyroid, as I'm sure you already know).  There is some thought that iodized salt may be less useful as an iodine source due to the chloride content, which competes, and the same issue is present with flour and bread bleached with bromine.  Cough syrup with Brompheniramine is another thing to watch for.  Other examples?
Yes, iodine deficiency can be complicated by 21st Century lifestyle, especially food and drink, which as you point out can contain bromides, fluorides, and/or chlorides all of which will interfere with iodides/iodine.

In looking at some of the scientific names of some of the anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, etc., I came to the conclusion that many, most or maybe even all of those BigPharma drugs contain fluoride in one form or another, and the active ingredient was supposedly a different portion of the drug in question. So in the process of supposedly helping alleviate anxiety, depression, etc., Big Pharma is poisoning the patient's pineal gland, and as a bonus, helping interfere with proper thyroid function.  What a way to "help" people!

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 05:10:31 PM »
poisoning the patient's pineal gland

Am assuming readers may already be aware that the pineal is believed to be the organ of the body that facilitates our interface with the spiritual dimensions (i.e. making prayer, meditation, etc. possible).

I didn't realize Ilinda that fluoride was an ingredient of many psychotropic drugs.  That's pretty scary.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »
poisoning the patient's pineal gland

Am assuming readers may already be aware that the pineal is believed to be the organ of the body that facilitates our interface with the spiritual dimensions (i.e. making prayer, meditation, etc. possible).

I didn't realize Ilinda that fluoride was an ingredient of many psychotropic drugs.  That's pretty scary.
I just read it within the past few years.  Here's one link:

https://www.mdjunction.com/forums/anxiety-disorders-discussions/general-support/1150319-the-deadly-toxic-fluoride-in-your-antidepressent

and an excerpt from that link:
This article may be hard for some to swallow (pun intended) however, those who have studied the subject will find it well worth reading, Fluoride compounds are a the darling of the drug industry. Hence one can find many drugs rife with fluorides. These
include SSRI's (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors) all the way to some cholesterol drugs such as Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa to Lipitor. It appears that the judicial use of this toxin can have many effects all the way from Stupidity...docility to even aggression...

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 01:33:32 PM »
That's horrible.  I did a graduate thesis back in the 1990's on using a nutritional approach with psych patients before dosing if at all possible, and it was difficult both to get permission from faculty to do such a paper, and to find supporting studies back in those days, but some persistence paid off.  Of course a decade or two of progress since then has made a huge difference in the information available about the special nutritional needs of the CNS.   :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:46:00 PM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
That's horrible.  I did a graduate thesis back in the 1990's on using a nutritional approach with psych patients before dosing if at all possible, and it was difficult both to get permission from faculty to do such a paper, and to find supporting studies back in those days, but some persistence paid off.  Of course a decade or two of progress since then has made a huge difference in the information available about the special nutritional needs of the CNS.   :)
Isn't it amazing that treating a patient with excellent nutrition, as a possible "treatment", was almost impossible, yet no problem stuffing them with synthetics!

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »
Absolutely!

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!