Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: ANTIBIOTICS - info, where to get etc.  (Read 824 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
ANTIBIOTICS - info, where to get etc.
« on: November 28, 2017, 09:11:15 PM »
testing, been trying to post over and over again for ten min.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: ANTIBIOTICS - info, where to get etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:19:09 PM »
OK, lost my long post... Tonight I felt like researching an antibiotic which my regular MD said would cause me a problem due to my penicillin allergy. Got the msg from her office staff...
She said no don't go get a shot of Roceprin, to which I said, I have got two shots previously, over the years and it really helped me and no problem.

Well, I can't reconstruct the whole thing now, room is freezing gotta do something about that...

Did a little research took no more than twenty min to get the basic info. Wrote it, tweaked it, will mail one to my doc and letting her know I did get a Rocephin shot (If I do manage to get one tomorrow, an urgent care clinic nearby.) If I can find the info in less than 20 min an MD should be able to do that too. I realize there are different opinions and etc.

One copy in my purse to refer to, one to show the urgent care practitionaer in case she has an attack of the stupids too.

Attached is my doc, slightly edited  with name of doc taken out. I like my doc she is normaly right, not this time. Trying to patch myself good enough to get on a plane across country and a ride up to 6500 + feet and far colder weather. :)

- Yowbarb   PS this topic is all about Antibiotics. Please post where people can get stashes of them... and shre your stories about what worked for you and etc.  My document, below:

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 09:24:29 PM »
Cannot seem to post much, no attachments work, will copy paste.

Note from Barbara Townsend, a patient of Dr. ______
It appears that: Ceftriaxone (Rocephin ®) is a type of cephalosporin which does not create a problem for a patient who is allergic to penicillin. Links to two articles provided farther below.
"cross-allergy [to penicillin] is negligible with 2nd- and 3rd-generation cephalosporins."  Ceftriaxone (Rocephin ®) is a third generation cephalospirin.
http://www.globalrph.com/third-generation-cephalosporins.htm   

Note from Barbara Townsend, continued
•   I have been successfully given Ceftriaxone (Rocephin ®) in Los Angeles, CA two doses over a number of years.
•   I would have to look over old med records to find evidence, but it is a fact. It helped me a lot.
•   As stated in medical record, I am allergic to penicillin and required a benedryl drip. That was in Santa Monica Medical Center ER in 1980. SM Cal.
•   I decided to look into Roceprin. ( On the National Institute of Health NIH site, there are two of the latest articles about safely prescribing selected cephalosporins for penicillin allergic patients. Two articles, by Pichichero ME March 2007 and previously, Feb 2006
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
2007 article: 
National Institute of Health, NIH
link:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17349459

Format: Abstract  Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2007 Mar;57(3 Suppl):13S-18S.
Use of selected cephalosporins in penicillin-allergic patients: a paradigm shift.
Pichichero ME1. Author information

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/people/20996550-michael-e-pichichero

University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA. Michael_pichichero@urmc.rochester.edu
2004 - 2007
Top Physicians in America-2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

Abstract
Recent analysis of clinical data and a clearer understanding of the role of chemical structure in the development of cross-reactivity indicate that the increased risk of an allergic reaction to certain cephalosporins in penicillin-allergic patients is smaller than previously postulated. Medline and EMBASE databases were searched using the following keywords: cephalosporin, penicillin, allergy, and cross-sensitivity for the years 1960 to 2005. Among 219 articles retrieved, 106 served as source material for this review. A significant increase in allergic reactions to cephalothin, cephaloridine, cephalexin, cefazolin, and cefamandole was observed in penicillin-allergic patients; no increase was observed with cefprozil, cefuroxime, ceftazidime, or ceftriaxone. Clinical challenges, skin testing, and monoclonal antibody studies point to the paramount importance of similarities in side chain structure to predict cross-allergy between cephalosporins and penicillins. First-generation cephalosporins have a modest cross-allergy with penicillins, but cross-allergy is negligible with 2nd- and 3rd-generation cephalosporins. Particular emphasis is placed on the role of chemical structure in determining the risk of cross-reactivity between specific agents.
PMID:  17349459
DOI:     10.1016/j.diagmicrobio.2006.12.004   [Indexed for MEDLINE]
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Note from Barbara Townsend. Above article has a reference in second and third + generation cephalosporins  "cross-allergy [to penicillin] is negligible with 2nd- and 3rd-generation cephalosporins."

This link provides a diagram of generation of cephalosporins, of which, roceprin is a third generation:
>>  http://www.globalrph.com/third-generation-cephalosporins.htm   <<
Third Generation Cephalosporins
Barb Townsend Note, third generation   includes Ceftriaxone (Rocephin)
Ceftazidime (Fortaz ®)   Ceftizoxime (Cefizox ®)  Ceftriaxone (Rocephin ®)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
2006 article: 

NIH link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16451776  NIH, National Institute of Health, 2007
Cephalosporins can be prescribed safely for penicillin-allergic patients.
       Format: Abstract     J Fam Pract. 2006 Feb;55(2):106-12. 
Author:  Pichichero ME1.   Author information  https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/people/20996550-michael-e-pichichero
University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA. Michael_pichichero@urmc.rochester.edu
2004 - 2007
Top Physicians in America-2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

Abstract
The widely quoted cross-allergy risk of 10% between penicillin and cephalosporins is a myth. Cephalothin, cephalexin, cefadroxil, and cefazolin confer an increased risk of allergic reaction among patients with penicillin allergy. Cefprozil, cefuroxime, cefpodoxime, ceftazidime, and ceftriaxone do not increase risk of an allergic reaction.

PMID:   16451776  [Indexed for MEDLINE]

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 09:30:12 PM »
Partly sharing this because sometimes it is hard to find an antibiotic which does not cause a problem. For me that is Roceprin. I have tried some dozen and took myself off.
I do not wait until my airways are swelling. If I get a sunburn reaction 1-3 times after dose, I am done.
My doc prescribed something - pretty sure it is  one of the dozen.
I know for a fact the Roceprin worked like a charm for me and for my second oldest daughter.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 09:31:10 PM »
I (know) many will say do not take antibiotics anyway. Not that simple...
Sometimes needed.

Any idea on how to stockpile?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 04:10:16 AM »
Barb, Other than ordering conventional antibiotics without a prescription through a farm veterinary supply catalog and then recalculating the dose for humans, the easiest way that I know of to stock a broad-spectrum antibiotic is this:

Purchase an inexpensive colloidal silver generator: I've seen them for $20 from Etsy before.

Purchase a foot of .999 fine silver jeweler's wire and cut it in half, then bend one end of each half into a small hook (you'll end up with a pair of elongated candy-cane shapes).

Stockpile distilled water, but don't leave it in the original plastic jugs.  Best to put it in canning jars and then bubble-wrap the jars and put them into crush-proof pails with lids.

Obtain saline solution or make it yourself with an eyedropper bottle of distilled water into which 1/8 t. or so of sea salt is shaken.

Stock 9v batteries for the generator: either lithium, which are flammable, or NiMH, which is your best option because they don't lose their ability to be recharged in storage (other batteries can dwindle down to zero power in storage and never bounce back upon being recharged, if allowed to sit idle too long).

Decide upon a method of recharging batteries off-grid.  Some of the colloidal silver generators come with a solar panel, BTW.

I posted the simple technique for brewing colloidal silver on another thread; not sure which one? :)

P.S. Re: mainstream antibiotics:  I can take both Cephalexin and Penicillin, but have to avoid all of the mycins and ampicillin due to instant gut cramps.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 10:54:07 PM »
Barb, Other than ordering conventional antibiotics without a prescription through a farm veterinary supply catalog

P.S. Re: mainstream antibiotics:  I can take both Cephalexin and Penicillin, but have to avoid all of the mycins and ampicillin due to instant gut cramps.

RR this is a partial reply to your post. Great info! It's good to know it is possible to get stocked up on some antibiotics through farm suppliers.
It is good to find  out what a person can tolerate.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 10:55:08 PM »
Guess what I did get my shot of Ceftriaxone (Rocephin ®) at an urgent care center. I did bring the article (copy pasted a few posts above.) The Physicians Assistant was young and bright... she accepted the article...
I am definitely on the mend! 
I needed to take strong measures because getting on a plane in 48 hours! :)
She prescribed a low dose decongestant so my ears do not flare up during the flight. Feeling a lot better...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:51:55 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 10:58:22 PM »
RR, Quoting an excerpt, awesome info! I'm not sure where your colloidal silver recipe post is, will do a search...

Barb,
Purchase an inexpensive colloidal silver generator: I've seen them for $20 from Etsy before.

Purchase a foot of .999 fine silver jeweler's wire and cut it in half, then bend one end of each half into a small hook (you'll end up with a pair of elongated candy-cane shapes).

Stockpile distilled water, but don't leave it in the original plastic jugs.  Best to put it in canning jars and then bubble-wrap the jars and put them into crush-proof pails with lids.

Obtain saline solution or make it yourself with an eyedropper bottle of distilled water into which 1/8 t. or so of sea salt is shaken.

Stock 9v batteries for the generator: either lithium, which are flammable, or NiMH, which is your best option because they don't lose their ability to be recharged in storage (other batteries can dwindle down to zero power in storage and never bounce back upon being recharged, if allowed to sit idle too long).

Decide upon a method of recharging batteries off-grid.  Some of the colloidal silver generators come with a solar panel, BTW.

I posted the simple technique for brewing colloidal silver on another thread; not sure which one? :)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:25:02 AM »
There's not much to it:

1. Add 4 drops saline to quart jar of distilled water and shake well.

2. Hook silver wires opposite each other on rim of jar, immersed in the water.

3. Attach alligator clips to hook-ends of wires and turn the unit on.

4. Choose an online recipe and brew for the suggested length of time (variable)

5. Observe bubbles on one wire and silver cloud on the other as hydrogen is displaced.

6. Remove clips and wires; close and shake the jar well.

7. Store away from cold and light.  Shake well each time before using.

Glad you're feeling better now Barb - hope you have a good flight! :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 12:44:55 PM »
There's not much to it:

5. Observe bubbles on one wire and silver cloud on the other as hydrogen is displaced.

Glad you're feeling better now Barb - hope you have a good flight! :)

Thanks for re-posting recipe.
Yes, getting better, just on time, just good enough for trip.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 04:42:59 PM »
There's not much to it:

Thanks for this straightforward recipe.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!