Author Topic: CANCER CURES: A collection of natural substances recommended to prevent/cure cancer  (Read 28832 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
I've been speaking of social triage for years...
 I've wasted years of my life on such people [actually, much more than that; more like my entire life so far].
It's one's own responsibility to sift the chaff from the wheat and invest in people that are worthwhile to oneself personally. ...

I like your application of the word "triage" to this problem, which we've probably all experienced at one time or another.  It seems to potentially remove all the drama and reduce it to sort of a differential diagnostics problem that the mind can rationally sift through with greater speed and efficiency than the entangled heart can do.  :)
It's easy to think you've "wasted years of your life on such people", but think of the lessons you've learned.  Life's lessons are always being sent to us and if we don't "waste some time" interacting (to some extent) with our detractors, lamers, losers, whiners, naysayers, users, and the like, we won't have a good handle on some of the games they play, how they play them, and how to detect and deflect them.

I realize one can carry it too far, that is, intereacting with such people, but just thought it's worth mentioning the lessons learned.  In fact, I keep "learning lessons" from sisters so much that I sometimes want to SCREAM!  LOL

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
I envy you having sisters Ilinda - I always wanted one but got a bunch of brothers instead!  They grow on you though  :)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: "whiners"...
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2018, 11:18:08 PM »
our detractors, lamers, losers, whiners, naysayers, users, and the like
LOL
So well put. Ayn Rand would say: "moochers"  ;)

In the end i believe there are just 2 kinds of people: the 'good' and the 'bad'. And, again, in the end a lot of our personal success is determined by how seriously we take this distinction.
In the song Ebony and Ivory there's a line: "There is good an bad in everyone"; i believe this is 99% bs, for our entire lives are testimont to the fact that there are 2 kinds of people: those who do their best to solve problems and those who seem obessed with making problems. Oh, and the excuses the latter have for doing so...

If you want results, you focus on the givers and avoid the takers as much as possible. The latter have been tragically traumatized [during infancy, if Alice Miller's research is to be believed] and are incapable of healthy human relations; you can give your life to them and they won't bat an eye or show an ounce of gratitude. They are best avoided like the plague since you can't help them anyway. It's unfortunate but true.
Within families and other communities, these folk are the disintigrating fifth column that brings everything and everyone down. And only with a conscious awareness of this can destruction be averted, for it is a healthy, human, normal response of givers to support those in need. Unfortunately, in the case of the takers, they are a lost cause and if they're not cut loose, they will just succeed in dragging you down with them into their own abyss.
What psychological research there is backs up what i'm saying. It's not about being heartless, it's about being real, for how can we save innocents while we tolerate those who would just as easily see them all die?
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Thanks Socrates, for the good, strong language making the clear distinction.   :)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member