Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: vids, podcasts, websites, etc.  (Read 799 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
vids, podcasts, websites, etc.
« on: February 10, 2018, 08:33:57 AM »
Everything Wrong with the System (Educate Yourself)
13 min. YouTube vid on modern reality and how it warps our perception. So basic and yet i've never seen a vid that captures the essence of popular culture like this one does [especially health-wise].
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: vids, podcasts, websites, etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 09:02:02 AM »
Wow Soc, That was quite a lot crammed into 13 minutes!

Will add one other societal ill to the list:

I just discovered that an elderly friend of mine on Medicare, who is having hip replacement surgery on Monday, has been informed that she will be discharged from the hospital within 23 hours after the surgery and will not be going into a rehabilitation facility afterward.  She is expected to go home and take care of herself.  BTW, she was told that her surgery will be more complicated and she will be under anesthesia longer as a result.  This is the state-of-the-art of geriatric medicine in our 21st Century society...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:05:19 PM »
Wow Soc, That was quite a lot crammed into 13 minutes!

Will add one other societal ill to the list:

I just discovered that an elderly friend of mine on Medicare, who is having hip replacement surgery on Monday, has been informed that she will be discharged from the hospital within 23 hours after the surgery and will not be going into a rehabilitation facility afterward.  She is expected to go home and take care of herself.  BTW, she was told that her surgery will be more complicated and she will be under anesthesia longer as a result.  This is the state-of-the-art of geriatric medicine in our 21st Century society...
Yikes.  I guess 23 hours is the magical time period which qualifies as less than a day, so they are not officially a hospital in-patient.  Is she having second thoughts about the need for the surgery?  I certainly would, as it sounds almost as "abandonment-after-surgery".

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 06:35:21 PM »
I'd be having second thoughts too!  She's in pain though, and feels convinced that it needs to be done.  Am planning to help her as much as possible, but she is in another county, nearly an hour away from here. 

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!