Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: DOGS  (Read 101 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
DOGS
« on: February 11, 2018, 11:37:16 PM »
"Man's best friend"

So much to say about dogs; the intelligence of a 2-year-old but (sometimes) the loyalty and strength of a grown (strong) man...
Anyway, from the Chihuahua [one of the best watch dogs in the world] to the strongest, most agile or most versatile breed, there is much to consider
- what is your location?
- what do you have for feed/food?
- how much space do you have?

- etc.

Talking survival vs everyday life, such conditions vary considerably; the Chihuahau eats next to nothing, but then there's strength, agility, stamina, energy and speed... I have found no better all-round dog than the Rhodesian Ridgeback in this regard.

I just ran into this vid on 'the strongest dogs in the world and was inspired to post it.
Much to consider and why wasn't there some explicit thread on dogs already, hmmm...?

Get a god, uhh, dog; yeah...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:56:17 PM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Malinois
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 12:24:23 AM »

Malinois.
Following comments on a previous link i posted, i ran into the Malinois, a Belgian shepherd breed; being half large but smart, perhaps ideal in a survival situation [i.e. in which a large animal would be difficult to feed but a small animal would be next-to-useless].
(For me living [alas] in the Netherlands [still; sigh] at this time, this is perhaps a self-serving post; still, in general, such canine considerations may be considered general and useful.)
[BTW, i hate German Shepherds, but this breed i find friendly and attractive; beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i guess, eh.]

[Melchelse Herder vs Rhodesian Ridgeback
Personal note: my first dog was a border collie mutt that was distant with other dogs [i assumed due to her superior intelligence]; her 'best friend' was this Melchelse Herder [i.e. Malinois] we regularly saw outside.
Dogspot: Malinois vs Ridgeback; based on this consideration, though the differences may appear subtle, i'd still go for the Ridgeback if one can manage the costs. On the other hand, the Malinois is definitely a great option in case the costs of purchase and upkeep of a Ridgeback offend.]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:23:15 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: DOGS
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 05:23:55 AM »
He's a very handsome and intelligent-looking fellow, and I see your point about the advantages of a medium-sized dog over the huge or smaller breeds.

What do you think of Newfoundlands?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:42:32 AM by R.R. Book »

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: DOGS
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 05:26:27 AM »
Get a god, uhh, dog; yeah...

:)

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!