Author Topic: Pain control  (Read 4244 times)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Pain control
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 12:27:33 PM »
Hi Soc,

Although Ibuprofen is a complex carb with innocuous metabolites that bypass the liver, (unlike the hairy Tylenol molecule), the challenge as you probably know is getting it safely past the upper GI tract.  Seems that this challenge might be intensified in the presence of alcohol?  Perhaps best to keep it short-term, use the gel-cap rather than solid pill, and protect your stomach with a mastic gum capsule at each dose, plus solid food.  Mastic gum is an indispensable prep, because it is effective in treating and preventing stomach ulcers.

And to add to your list of the negative effects of pain, there is shortening of telomeres.

P.S. A chronic infection in the gums needs to be addressed by stronger measures than you have been using.  Silver would knock it right out, as it produces a straight kill and leaves no vestiges to mutate.  Vitamin C at at least a gram per day per bowel tolerance will expedite gum healing.  Gelatine will work both with C to heal the gums via collagen production, and help protect your stomach from the Ibuprofen-alcohol combination.  A liver that is busy breaking down ethanol cannot spare healing molecules such as glutathione, cysteine and alpha-lipoic acid.  Perhaps try very short breaks while healing and supplementing?

PPS: Unless you're supplementing with a high dose of the B vitamins to replenish what is being destroyed, the vicious sleep-disruption cycle may continue.  Can add magnesium to bowel tolerance and 3mg melatonin for deeper sleep, taken with lecithin.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:36:48 PM by R.R. Book »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 02:02:42 PM »
Hi Soc,

Although Ibuprofen is a complex carb with innocuous metabolites that bypass the liver, (unlike the hairy Tylenol molecule), the challenge as you probably know is getting it safely past the upper GI tract.  Seems that this challenge might be intensified in the presence of alcohol?  Perhaps best to keep it short-term, use the gel-cap rather than solid pill, and protect your stomach with a mastic gum capsule at each dose, plus solid food.  Mastic gum is an indispensable prep, because it is effective in treating and preventing stomach ulcers.

And to add to your list of the negative effects of pain, there is shortening of telomeres.

P.S. A chronic infection in the gums needs to be addressed by stronger measures than you have been using.  Silver would knock it right out, as it produces a straight kill and leaves no vestiges to mutate.  Vitamin C at at least a gram per day per bowel tolerance will expedite gum healing.  Gelatine will work both with C to heal the gums via collagen production, and help protect your stomach from the Ibuprofen-alcohol combination.  A liver that is busy breaking down ethanol cannot spare healing molecules such as glutathione, cysteine and alpha-lipoic acid.  Perhaps try very short breaks while healing and supplementing?

PPS: Unless you're supplementing with a high dose of the B vitamins to replenish what is being destroyed, the vicious sleep-disruption cycle may continue.  Can add magnesium to bowel tolerance and 3mg melatonin for deeper sleep, taken with lecithin.
What awesome posts! Useful info, thank you!
:)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 05:43:09 PM »
Hi Soc,

RR, are you sure you're not a naturopath?  LOL.  Maybe you are, and that's pretty cool.  Lots of good information for our ailing friend.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Poppies
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 05:48:32 PM »
The link to an article on poppies gives us an amazing argument:
In war and in survival situations, pain occurs frequently. Pain control is something that you need to address when you’re preparing for short, medium, and long term disruptions in the supply chain and/or breakdowns in civil order.
It’s not just a matter of getting rid of pain for the sake of comfort. Excessive pain can cause shock. Excessive pain can prevent sleep and recovery. Excessive pain causes the body to burn excess hormones, brain chemicals, and blood sugar.

I.E. imagine you're a cowboy with an absessed tooth... You're likely to be in pain for years on end!
This is where ignorance shows it's ugly face; could this not have been prevented somehow?
Remember Grumpy of the 7 Dwarves? I'm sure he just had an absessed tooth or something...  :-\

Modern culture looks down on things like chemicals that ease pain, when in all previous ages such things were about survival i.e. a matter of life and death.
As survivalists we need to approach such matters maturely and not culturally.

That's all i'm sayin'. I am myself now downing ibuprofen every 2 hours because of an infection in my gum that won't go away; it's causing lack of sleep, systemic stress and general discomfort [that has also led to alcoholism in my effort to combat it].
Now, imagine dealing with such things without access to things like ibuprofen...
Verily... poppy seeds could be life savers in such circumstances.
I erred in my previous post.  In Dawson Church's book,The Genie in Your Genes, he does have a "how-to" do EFT in Appendix 1.  However there's more information on two websites: www.DawsonGift.com  and www.EFTUniverse.com and hopefully there will be something there to help you.

Am still working my way through the book, nearly done, and found this tidbit:
"I make a point of never tapping for the pain itself, but only for the emotional component.  I wanted to make the point that much of what we perceive as physical pain is really emotional stress."  (page 238).

That ...Universe website has more than 5,000 case histories by EFT users, and it states that they train thousands of practitioners each year.

Good luck!

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
update
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 03:13:15 AM »
The inflamation and pain finally went away a few weeks ago and i am feeling much better. Thanks to y'all for your support.
What finally helped get the inflamtion down, i'm not sure; was it the clay, the bath in ice cold water or just time?
Or was it all 3...?

Anyway, am also on the mend with the whole alcoholic issue; it seems that when one goes all alcohol dietary wise, that the body revolts [i hardly ate or drank other than my beers for a whole week]. What did i know, right? [Shoot, i just even started drinking the stuff at all at age 26 and never got into regular consumption until fairly recently; i've been focused on healthfoods and dietary tactics since adolescence].
True alcoholics apparently [interestingly enough, similar to cancer...] have traumatic issues that keep them from healing. Now, far be it for me to say i've no problems [...], but i'm not feeling sorry for myself, which appears to be a big thing with alcoholics. Hence, recuperation for me is mainly a physical matter and one that is progressing steadily. Thank god.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: update
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 10:50:20 PM »
The inflamation and pain finally went away a few weeks ago and i am feeling much better. Thanks to y'all for your support.
What finally helped get the inflamtion down, i'm not sure; was it the clay, the bath in ice cold water or just time?
Or was it all 3...?

Anyway, am also on the mend with the whole alcoholic issue; it seems that when one goes all alcohol dietary wise, that the body revolts [i hardly ate or drank other than my beers for a whole week]. What did i know, right? [Shoot, i just even started drinking the stuff at all at age 26 and never got into regular consumption until fairly recently; i've been focused on healthfoods and dietary tactics since adolescence].
True alcoholics apparently [interestingly enough, similar to cancer...] have traumatic issues that keep them from healing. Now, far be it for me to say i've no problems [...], but i'm not feeling sorry for myself, which appears to be a big thing with alcoholics. Hence, recuperation for me is mainly a physical matter and one that is progressing steadily. Thank god.
Socrates, I'm glad to hear you are out of pain. Thanks for sharing your story.
Question: What kind of clay?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 10:51:33 PM »
Hi Soc,

RR thanks for sharing your knowledge!
:)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: clay
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 09:47:48 AM »
Just the clay they happened to stock at the local healthfood store. I'm not sure it matters with clay, but i have certainly not looked into the matter much. All i know is that clay can help with detox [and a few theories on how it works].
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: clay
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 01:25:46 PM »
Just the clay they happened to stock at the local healthfood store. I'm not sure it matters with clay, but i have certainly not looked into the matter much. All i know is that clay can help with detox [and a few theories on how it works].

Thanks, Socrates. :)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: update
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 06:53:07 PM »
Or was it all 3...?

Socrates, I'm glad to hear you are out of pain. Thanks for sharing your story.
Yes, we are glad to hear you have weathered the bad dental issue, and do you think this may have been a wake up call?  Shortly after you had your tooth issue, I had a dental issue of my own, although without the pain you experienced.  Still, I felt it was a wake up call to take care of any lingering dental issues that are serious enough that an ordinary person could probably not handle it alone in the future, without serious dental help.

When these things happen, I wonder how much that book, What To Do When There Is No Dentist,  would help.  (The title is that or similar).

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: no dentist
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 07:21:58 PM »
When these things happen, I wonder how much that book, What To Do When There Is No Dentist,  would help.
I myself fear such things are both more about prevention and fairly complicated to actually do. For instance, this Doug Simons explains what to do with an abcessed tooth or molar, but he brings in spices, cactus leaves and other items that i certainly don't have [nor will anyone not near a desert, as far as the cactus is concerned].
Perhaps if one has been applying such techniques for years already, it may be a very different story.
I agree, it's something to have in mind. I had the molar extracted (though one dentist said it could still serve me for a few more years) because i didn't wish to be stuck with such an issue WTSHTF, but i indeed have another dental issue i would like to take care of asap (for the same reason).

Ah, if i had but known what i know now even only 10 years ago...  :-\
survival database

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: no dentist
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 04:44:22 PM »
When these things happen, I wonder how much that book, What To Do When There Is No Dentist,  would help.
I myself fear such things are both more about prevention and fairly complicated to actually do. For instance, this Doug Simons explains what to do with an abcessed tooth or molar, but he brings in spices, cactus leaves and other items that i certainly don't have [nor will anyone not near a desert, as far as the cactus is concerned].
Perhaps if one has been applying such techniques for years already, it may be a very different story.
I agree, it's something to have in mind. I had the molar extracted (though one dentist said it could still serve me for a few more years) because i didn't wish to be stuck with such an issue WTSHTF, but i indeed have another dental issue i would like to take care of asap (for the same reason).

Ah, if i had but known what i know now even only 10 years ago...  :-\
Not trying to diss Doug Simons, but I bought his video about caring for our own teeth/mouth without using a dentist, and there are some serious gaps in information, although I think he has good intentions.  Maybe it was his first video.

One issue in particular involves the wooden tools, handmade by him I guess, but he never mentions the type of wood, and how exactly did he make them?  How long did it take?  The end of one I recall was as smooth as a baby's butt, as it sort of resembled a wood chisel.  But he never mentioned whether he hand-sanded them, or used power tools, etc., etc.

I made one, which incidentally never achieved the polished look of his "dental chisel", and I stopped using it soon as it began getting rather funky, as I guess after each use, it must be cleaned thoroughly in vinegar, or ??  It appeared he would periodically tuck one of his tooth tools behind his ear! 

I did take a course years ago taught by Dr. Walter Lewis and Dr. Memory-Elvin Lewis, entitled Medical Botany.  In that course they discussed many many interesting things, probably all of interest to this PXTH crowd.  One item was the "chewing sticks" that were/are used in some primitive cultures in parts of Africa.  They had both been in Africa a number of times, learning a lot about the natural ways to heal and help attain or maintain good health.  I was totally fascinated by the chewing sticks, as they are sticks or stems from certain trees (IIRC dogwood here in U.S. would be a good one), that are whittled on one end, and it is the whittled end that is chewed on much of the day, maybe off and on all day long.  I have more faith in a chewing stick than the things Doug Simons discussed, as the chewing stick required less work, and can be discarded easily without having to fret over the hours of labor to create that polished and sharply tapering end.

Also, the thing that really stuck in my mind about the chewing sticks is that both doctors who co-taught the course commented on how white the Natives teeth were, and that they just did not have cavities as we do in developed countries.  Of course MacDonald and all the rest had probably not reached the interior at that time.  Hate to think of how deeply the junk food industry has tentacled itself into third world countries now.  I think it's time to experiment with a dogwood branch.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: teeth sticks
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 11:15:42 PM »
the wooden tools, handmade by him I guess, but he never mentions the type of wood, and how exactly did he make them?  How long did it take?  The end of one I recall was as smooth as a baby's butt, as it sort of resembled a wood chisel.  But he never mentioned whether he hand-sanded them, or used power tools, etc., etc.

I made one, which incidentally never achieved the polished look of his "dental chisel", and I stopped using it soon as it began getting rather funky, as I guess after each use, it must be cleaned thoroughly in vinegar, or?
As a 'writer', i'm aware of how things get read into what you're trying to say. And whether one is writing or speaking [/blogging/whatever], time is always an issue, for that last thing ya want is to bore your audience...
Having said that, i think Doug Simons didn't elaborate on the wooden utensils because it just doesn't matter. I myself have just been using tooth picks and i'm quite happy with the results. And the great thing about tooth picks is that you discard them after maybe one minute's use [then ya go on to the next one].
Toothpicks come out of a factory but if you're 'out in the woods' i imagine you just go out and find an appropriate twig or other. It's not rocket science... and i don't think one should read too much into it.

Thinking of the toothpicks, i discard them after a couple of minutes and the next one i use is sterile; god knows i'm not thinking of cleaning or sterilizing them so i can use them again. And i imagine that if you're out in the woods and picking wood for cleaning your teeth with, you're not looking for a 'tool', as much as you're looking for an 'instrument' that you'll be using only once... [semantics]

In India they use neem, in northern Africa it's miswak; all over the world twigs have been used for oral hygiene. But what does one notice foremost? It's about a single twig [as part of a bunch] for use. In other words, one uses the twig for a while, then discards it and goes on to the next twig.
I personally use some 4 or 5 toothpicks when cleaning my teeth after a meal. You'll know when your toothpick is 'used up' because it frays. And some toothpicks are hardier than others, and some batches of toothpicks include those that are hardier than others...
In the end, your teeth [and other regions within your mouth, i.e. in between teeth as well as cavities] feel 'polished' and very different from how they felt before. Marjory Wildcraft says this technique has whitened her teeth to the point that after using this technique for 2 years, people actually comment on how white and healthy her teeth look.
survival database