Author Topic: An Unsettling Dream  (Read 639 times)

Davidll

• Christian Resources Net
An Unsettling Dream
« on: September 30, 2017, 01:50:22 PM »
Don't know if this holds any meaning or not, but I thought I would share this dream with you all.

This was a very much in color, high definition you could say, dream I had about a week ago. 

I was standing outside in the front yard of my home.  I noticed the land around me was starting to look dim.  Maybe this is because I have been seeing this in real life almost every day, the sun can be out, up high in the sky and bright bright whitish yellowish, yet the land seems a few shades too dim. 

Anyhow, I noticed in the dream, the land was getting dimmer at a fairly fast rate.  I went up the steps of the porch to call my wife outside so I could show her this odd dimming of the light across the land.  Well she was already right there at the door, with a bible in her hand and it was opened up to something.  I have no idea the significance of the bible, but it was clearly shown to me in the dream.

My wife came outside with me and I took her by the hand and we walked a few steps down the street we live on.  The light across the ground was getting dimmer and dimmer as the seconds passed by.  It started getting dark, yet it was only around 11:00 in the morning and the sun was high in the sky and there were no clouds.  Now I could see the night sky and the stars and the land around us was completely dark, just as you would see if you went out for a walk at night.

I looked up at where the sun should be, and I saw a large round heavenly body around 3 or 4 times the size of our Sun and it had just finished moving across the Sun to completely block it, like a huge solar eclipse, only this heavenly body was way larger than the Sun and I could actually see the body itself, because it did give off some of it's own light.

My wife and I looked at each other and then looked back up at this body which had moved in front of the Sun, and the night sky and all the stars and the darkened landscape everywhere.

It was at this point where, as I recall, I woke myself up from that because it was too real and it was disturbing.  I guess I found it disturbing for a few reasons.  It meant that the time was here now, and it also meant that I was still here for the Great Tribulation.  Believe me, I am really not planning to be here for that, at least, that is my hope and as we are told to do, I pray that I may be counted worthy to escape these things.  Nonetheless, here I was, watching this happen and I had to come out of the dream, and I was able.

Now thinking back, I wish I had not woke myself up from that.  I should have stayed in the dream a little bit more to find out what was going to happen next.  I may not get a chance to revisit this dream, and if I see it play out in real life I will most assuredly be bumming! 

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: An Unsettling Dream
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »
If you are able to do "lucid dreaming" you could probably get back into that stream of dreaming and continue on your way.  I'm not able, and have never tried actually, so cannot help any further.

BTW, there's a Dreams Topic somewhere on this site, and if you cannot find it, just yell and I'll post the link.

Davidll

• Christian Resources Net
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 05:29:06 AM »
Yes ilinda, I would like to revisit that dream, but have never had that kind of control, best I could ever do was to wake up from one at will.   I did look for that dreams section a few times and didn't find it.  Then I thought maybe I had just got it mixed up and that this was actually the section.

If you all want to move this thread go right ahead.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »
Yes ilinda, I would like to revisit that dream, but have never had that kind of control, best I could ever do was to wake up from one at will.   I did look for that dreams section a few times and didn't find it.  Then I thought maybe I had just got it mixed up and that this was actually the section.

If you all want to move this thread go right ahead.
Look under HUMANITY'S DEEP HISTORY and you will find The Spiritual World, Strange Dreams and Paranormal Happenings .  Then look at all the threads inside this Dream area.