Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 31722 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2017, 05:41:09 PM »
Here is another piece of interesting-sounding property, in which I have no financial interest, know nothing about it, except what I read in the classified ad in the Salem News Extra (the free portion of the Salem News), dated April 11, 2017.

"NEW PRICE ON 82 ACRES w/1/2 MILE FRONTAGE ON THE BARNEY CREEK  NATIONAL FOREST ON 3 sides, 20 acres in luscious pasture, rest wooded.  3 BR, 1 BA home, DW, ponds & spring.  $199,500.  MSL #16039394SN

Note:  I think the house is probably a fixer-upper, but cannot verify.  Still, the creek frontage, plus spring is a real plus.

ilinda I was thinking it might be Salem, NH but it is Salem, Missouri. :)
I found the ad... Lovely. It does seem like a real deal.
A person would have to make sure their building sites were set up above potential flood areas. The little house is up a little bit higher....

http://www.salem-mo-real-estate.com/search/Recreational-Property/Missouri/Dent/82-ACRES-w-ONE-HALF-MILE-FRONTAGE-ON-BARNEY-CREEK-/921945
I just looked on Wikipedia and noticed Salem is around 1184' in elevation.  We do know of something called the "Salem Plateau" which encompasses the area of Salem and surrounding area, and is a rather safe-seeming area, due to its elevation, re flooding.  There seems to be less variation in elevation in/on the Salem Plateau than there is here in the "foothills of the Saint Francois Mountains".

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »
Here is another piece of interesting-sounding property, in which I have no financial interest, know nothing about it, except what I read in the classified ad in the Salem News Extra (the free portion of the Salem News), dated April 11, 2017.

"NEW PRICE ON 82 ACRES w/1/2 MILE FRONTAGE ON THE BARNEY CREEK  NATIONAL FOREST ON 3 sides, 20 acres in luscious pasture, rest wooded.  3 BR, 1 BA home, DW, ponds & spring.  $199,500.  MSL #16039394SN

Note:  I think the house is probably a fixer-upper, but cannot verify.  Still, the creek frontage, plus spring is a real plus.

ilinda I was thinking it might be Salem, NH but it is Salem, Missouri. :)
I found the ad... Lovely. It does seem like a real deal.
A person would have to make sure their building sites were set up above potential flood areas. The little house is up a little bit higher....

http://www.salem-mo-real-estate.com/search/Recreational-Property/Missouri/Dent/82-ACRES-w-ONE-HALF-MILE-FRONTAGE-ON-BARNEY-CREEK-/921945
I just looked on Wikipedia and noticed Salem is around 1184' in elevation.  We do know of something called the "Salem Plateau" which encompasses the area of Salem and surrounding area, and is a rather safe-seeming area, due to its elevation, re flooding.  There seems to be less variation in elevation in/on the Salem Plateau than there is here in the "foothills of the Saint Francois Mountains".

ilinda, thanks for posting this info! 
I have wondered about higher elevations, plateaus in Missouri.
It surely sounds like it a good location.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2017, 10:17:25 PM »
Yowbarb Note: An ad from Land and Farm. Walton, NY, Elevation 1,207 ft (368 m)
This little home and acreage is about 3 hours NW of NYC. Just found out a couple of massive floods in recent history, 1996 and 2006... Walton is on the Delaware River, so this may not work, but worth a look, may be higher elevation - and nearly 48 acres!

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/Farmhouse_Walton_NY-3320883/?utm_source=landandfarm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=021917newslettergen

Farmhouse - Walton, NY
1340 Marvin Hollow Road ,  Walton ,  NY  |  Delaware County, NY
$124,900  47.9 acres  3 Bedrooms  1 Bathroom
 Save
Listing Status:   Active
Listing Type:   Sale
Property Type(s):   
Residential Land
Irrigated:   No
Residence:   Yes
Property ID:   3320883
Property Website
Hunters Alert! If you're the rugged Individualist' type who knows that in order to bag the big one, you have to be willing to go where they can be found. Right? If you're the type who wants to hunt from the back porch stop reading now. However, if your preference is for a challenging hunting experience then maybe this is the place to make your own? These 50 surveyed - doe permit eligible - acres, are comprised of a variety of trees, ground cover and terrain. There's a year round brook and assuming you know what you're looking for, ample signs of white tail deer, small game and yes black bear! There's a nice 3 bedroom house (nothing extravagant by any means) but in pretty good shape due to many recent renovations and upgrades. There's an old workshop and a refurbished barn that makes for an excellent, secure storage space for ATV's and other equipment as well as a place to be out of the weather when it comes time to dress' the fruits of your labor. Very well priced at $124,900.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Premier Limited Edition
Offer Ends July 31, 2016

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Survival Seed Vault

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!