Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 40737 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2017, 05:41:09 PM »
Here is another piece of interesting-sounding property, in which I have no financial interest, know nothing about it, except what I read in the classified ad in the Salem News Extra (the free portion of the Salem News), dated April 11, 2017.

"NEW PRICE ON 82 ACRES w/1/2 MILE FRONTAGE ON THE BARNEY CREEK  NATIONAL FOREST ON 3 sides, 20 acres in luscious pasture, rest wooded.  3 BR, 1 BA home, DW, ponds & spring.  $199,500.  MSL #16039394SN

Note:  I think the house is probably a fixer-upper, but cannot verify.  Still, the creek frontage, plus spring is a real plus.

ilinda I was thinking it might be Salem, NH but it is Salem, Missouri. :)
I found the ad... Lovely. It does seem like a real deal.
A person would have to make sure their building sites were set up above potential flood areas. The little house is up a little bit higher....

http://www.salem-mo-real-estate.com/search/Recreational-Property/Missouri/Dent/82-ACRES-w-ONE-HALF-MILE-FRONTAGE-ON-BARNEY-CREEK-/921945
I just looked on Wikipedia and noticed Salem is around 1184' in elevation.  We do know of something called the "Salem Plateau" which encompasses the area of Salem and surrounding area, and is a rather safe-seeming area, due to its elevation, re flooding.  There seems to be less variation in elevation in/on the Salem Plateau than there is here in the "foothills of the Saint Francois Mountains".

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »
Here is another piece of interesting-sounding property, in which I have no financial interest, know nothing about it, except what I read in the classified ad in the Salem News Extra (the free portion of the Salem News), dated April 11, 2017.

"NEW PRICE ON 82 ACRES w/1/2 MILE FRONTAGE ON THE BARNEY CREEK  NATIONAL FOREST ON 3 sides, 20 acres in luscious pasture, rest wooded.  3 BR, 1 BA home, DW, ponds & spring.  $199,500.  MSL #16039394SN

Note:  I think the house is probably a fixer-upper, but cannot verify.  Still, the creek frontage, plus spring is a real plus.

ilinda I was thinking it might be Salem, NH but it is Salem, Missouri. :)
I found the ad... Lovely. It does seem like a real deal.
A person would have to make sure their building sites were set up above potential flood areas. The little house is up a little bit higher....

http://www.salem-mo-real-estate.com/search/Recreational-Property/Missouri/Dent/82-ACRES-w-ONE-HALF-MILE-FRONTAGE-ON-BARNEY-CREEK-/921945
I just looked on Wikipedia and noticed Salem is around 1184' in elevation.  We do know of something called the "Salem Plateau" which encompasses the area of Salem and surrounding area, and is a rather safe-seeming area, due to its elevation, re flooding.  There seems to be less variation in elevation in/on the Salem Plateau than there is here in the "foothills of the Saint Francois Mountains".

ilinda, thanks for posting this info! 
I have wondered about higher elevations, plateaus in Missouri.
It surely sounds like it a good location.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2017, 10:17:25 PM »
Yowbarb Note: An ad from Land and Farm. Walton, NY, Elevation 1,207 ft (368 m)
This little home and acreage is about 3 hours NW of NYC. Just found out a couple of massive floods in recent history, 1996 and 2006... Walton is on the Delaware River, so this may not work, but worth a look, may be higher elevation - and nearly 48 acres!

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/Farmhouse_Walton_NY-3320883/?utm_source=landandfarm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=021917newslettergen

Farmhouse - Walton, NY
1340 Marvin Hollow Road ,  Walton ,  NY  |  Delaware County, NY
$124,900  47.9 acres  3 Bedrooms  1 Bathroom
 Save
Listing Status:   Active
Listing Type:   Sale
Property Type(s):   
Residential Land
Irrigated:   No
Residence:   Yes
Property ID:   3320883
Property Website
Hunters Alert! If you're the rugged Individualist' type who knows that in order to bag the big one, you have to be willing to go where they can be found. Right? If you're the type who wants to hunt from the back porch stop reading now. However, if your preference is for a challenging hunting experience then maybe this is the place to make your own? These 50 surveyed - doe permit eligible - acres, are comprised of a variety of trees, ground cover and terrain. There's a year round brook and assuming you know what you're looking for, ample signs of white tail deer, small game and yes black bear! There's a nice 3 bedroom house (nothing extravagant by any means) but in pretty good shape due to many recent renovations and upgrades. There's an old workshop and a refurbished barn that makes for an excellent, secure storage space for ATV's and other equipment as well as a place to be out of the weather when it comes time to dress' the fruits of your labor. Very well priced at $124,900.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2017, 01:42:06 PM »
Yowbarb Note -
Here's an ad...  $149,900 in the Cumberland Gap...hopefully a fairly good survival area...

Cumberland Gap, Claiborne County, Tennessee Land For Sale - 6.7 Acres

http://www.landwatch.com/Claiborne-County-Tennessee-Land-for-sale/pid/3897199

You will not believe the gorgeous mountain views that you will enjoy on top of the world from this land. This property includes two tracts totaling over 10 acres. Tract 053 021.01 totals 4 acres of land. Tract two 053.021.03 totals 6.7 acres of land. Improvements include a 34x34 barn, paved drive, sheds/garages and a 2 bedroom 1 bath, nice single wide that would be perfect to live in while you build your dream home. Call to schedule your viewing of this rare piece of property only a few miles from Harrogate.    Price:$149,900   MLS or other ID:979458

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2017, 01:51:23 PM »
Yowbarb Note: This image and additional notes are from the previous post, ad.
I haven't checked it out real close. Any TN land purchased in the hopes of a survival location first needs to be aways from the New Madrid Seismic Zone... Will post more on it later. This property is about 7 miles from the New Madrid...I think it might be safe enough...whoever buys this will have to put some thought into it...

http://www.landwatch.com/Claiborne-County-Tennessee-Land-for-sale/pid/3897199

Cumberland Gap, Claiborne County, Tennessee Land For Sale - 6.7 Acres

"Tennessee offers a variety of wildlife, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, natural wonders, mountains and gardens - made perfect for outdoor adventures. At the Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area in North Central Tennessee, explore the Grand Corridor, Neddle's Eye, Lover's Leap on Lookout Mountain, and panoramic views that allow you to see seven states. Cycling enthusiasts will love the Parkway, one of America's premier cycling roads that runs southeast from Nashville. At Ruby Falls in Chattanooga, find a 145 foot underground waterfall on Lookout Mountain. Nearby, the Ocoee River offers a wild ride for rafters and kayakers, and is popular for catching largemouth bass, yellow perch, catfish, and brown and rainbow trout. Find endless ridges of forest in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, where hikers can find over 800 miles of maintained trails to explore the great diversity of plant and animal life in these ancient mountains. The Cherokee National Forest is found in the heart of the Southern Appalachian mountain range, home to more than 20,000 species of plans and animals, 700 miles of trail and plenty of cold water streams and seven whitewater rivers. In Sweetwater, visit the mysterious Lost Sea, a Registered National Landmark and one of America's largest underground lakes. The lake is part of the extensive and historic cave system called Craighead Caverns. Tennessee is a hidden gem for golfers, with fairways like the five 18-hold golf courses, The Bear Trace, designed by Jack Nicklaus."

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2017, 02:32:15 PM »
Here is another LandWatch ad. Kentucky land, seems a good deal.
50 acres, $99,950. Described as a hunting retreat. Not sure if any zoning problems
re moving a group of people on the land to live... Probably not, but I have no idea.
Contact info is on this page, see link:

Property type: Land            Parcel Size: 50.07 Acres
Price: $99,950       MLS or other ID: 1470665

http://www.landwatch.com/Hart-County-Kentucky-Land-for-sale/pid/25056554

50.07 Acre property with a 12x20 cabin that sleeps 6. Property features 8x8 storage shed, water well and a pond. This hunting retreat has approximately 5 cleared acres with trails running throughout. Deer and turkey are abundant.

some details:
PROPERTY FEATURES
Activities          Camping Family Hiking Hunting ORV/ATV
Water:              Well
Services (Utilities): [probably none]
Views               Trees
Terrain              Terrain:Rolling
Property
City:                 Bonnieville
Road           
Frontage:         County Road
Surface:           Blacktop/Asphalt
Trees:               Heavy
Agent/Broker Information
Website URL:    Click here  http://mophartrealty.com/Listings-Details.asp?t=Land&LID=680
Property Information
Sale Type:          Fixed Price

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2017, 10:28:24 PM »
Yowbarb Note - Previous post, Bonnieville is only about 650 feet in elevation.
The property in this ad is higher:  The town of  Harrogate is at 1,325 ft
The nearby property for sale has some hilltops on which to build.

http://www.landwatch.com/Claiborne-County-Tennessee-Land-for-sale/pid/28356162

Cumberland Gap, Claiborne County, Tennessee Land For Sale - 13.5 Acres

Property type: Land   Parcel Size:13.5 Acres   Price:$69,500   MLS or other ID:391724

"A piece of the Tennessee mountains is now available in the Cumberland Gap area. 13.5(+/-) acres of mountainous land with a beautiful year-round creek, Keg Creek, flowing constantly over small water falls. From every area of this property the creek can be heard. At the very top you could achieve panoramic views of the beautiful country side. There is a single wide mobile home on the property that no value has been given, however it maybe can be restored and made habitable. Two other shed like buildings are also on the property. The best part is the wondering trails, some of which are for off-road vehicles, while others are used by wildlife in the area. While this may be a nice retreat from the busy world we live in it is close to conveniences. Lincoln Memorial University is in nearby Harrogate along with moderate amenities. From there just to the north is Middleborough, KY that is less than 30 minutes away with most of today's modern conveniences for shopping and restaurants. This property is worth seeing. Four-wheeled vehicles with the capability of off road driving will make the driveway climb okay. Otherwise, park at the bottom and enjoy a little hike."

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2017, 11:28:27 PM »
This dome home + 7 and a half acres is about a mile south of Nashville.
https://naturalspacesdomes.com/domes_for_sale.htm#Tennessee 

Style Contemporary Stories 2.00 Year Built 2004 / Existing
Acres 7.750      Total Rooms 0 Completion
Size 7+ ACRES     Lot Slope      Assoc Fee $0 /mo
Constr Stone / Wood Floors Finished Wood Basement Full / Combination
Driveway Gravel Waterfront / Garage 3 / Attached
Community Amenities
Remarks: CHECK OUT THIS PRICE CUT! BRING OFFERS !ONE OF A KIND! CUSTOM BUILT DOME HOME. 2283 SQ. FT. NOT COUNTED IN BASEMENT.. HUGE ROOMS, TON'S OF WINDOWS. SOARING CEILINGS. BASEMENT ALMOST FINISHED, HAS ROOMS, LIGHTS. NEEDS DRY WALL;FLOORING.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2017, 11:33:05 PM »
Rock Solid Domes
Nathaniel Hatcher
140 Rains Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203-5316
615/242-5235
HatcherN@bellsouth.net

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2017, 11:48:52 AM »
Just saw this ad. Seems worth a look-see. Auction is the 16th. I think the minimum price is $49,000.

http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=D&pid=25029685 

Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina Land For Sale - 11 Acres

'UNRESTRICTED ASHEVILLE NC LARGE ACREAGE ESTATE SALE
This is the best deal in the Asheville area over the past 20 years. 11 ACRES OVER $49,900. Totally unrestricted. Completely secluded. Minutes to Black Mtn and Downtown Asheville. Be the first to book your preview showing. Call Today! 1-888-270-4695. Don’t miss a chance to own this Mountain paradise for $.35 cents on today’s market dollar."
Property type: Land
Parcel Size:11 Acres
Price:
Auction Date:9/16/2017MLS or other ID:DR1

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2017, 12:00:54 PM »
Yowbarb Note: This LandWatch ad says only $$82,000

http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=D&pid=25072098

North Carolina Land For Sale - 41 Acres

Property type: Land   Parcel Size: 41 Acres   Price:$82,000   MLS or other ID:HS2

41 Acres, ONLY $82,000. Liquidation is taking place Saturday July 29th. If you want a secluded Mt. Paradise, this is it! Look no further! This property is perfect for a home, camping, hunting, RV's, ATV's, etc. For someone who wants to be left alone but also wants to be close to shopping and everyday needs, come get it! Be the first to book your preview showing, 1-888-270-4695.  Agent:Ben Beshears

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2017, 04:28:45 PM »
Keep your eyes peeled, perhaps for individual classified ads, and here's why:
A piece of property near us, in same zipcode, perhaps 5 miles away as the crow flies, recently sold for $80,000.  It consists of 220 acres!  We could not believe it.  That is a price of decades ago, and we guessed that the owner was unaware of prevailing prices.  We never saw a realtor's ad, nor did we see a realtor's sign, or any sign.  Just all of a sudden there was a lot of bulldozing done (clearing too many trees IMHO) and talk of a new owner.  We figure there was a tiny classified ad that someone answered, and then bought it.  Lucky people.

We have noticed for years that the property appeared abandoned, or at least not lived in.  I am planning to take a pic just to show the beauty of it, and it also has river frontage as far as we can tell, as the low-lying area borders on the Middle Fork of the Black River.  The little house that sat vacant for years, decades actually, has now been emptied out and may just be someone's house, or temporary house.  I feel compelled to take a pic for two reasons:  the beauty of it, and fact that it has been sitting there waiting for the right buyer.  Who knows, maybe the owner died and the children didn't want it.
 Update to follow....

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2017, 10:06:07 AM »
Keep your eyes peeled, perhaps for individual classified ads, and here's why:
A piece of property near us, in same zipcode, perhaps 5 miles away as the crow flies, recently sold for $80,000.  It consists of 220 acres!  We could not believe it.  That is a price of decades ago, and we guessed that the owner was unaware of prevailing prices.  We never saw a realtor's ad, nor did we see a realtor's sign, or any sign.  Just all of a sudden there was a lot of bulldozing done (clearing too many trees IMHO) and talk of a new owner.  We figure there was a tiny classified ad that someone answered, and then bought it.  Lucky people.

We have noticed for years that the property appeared abandoned, or at least not lived in.  I am planning to take a pic just to show the beauty of it, and it also has river frontage as far as we can tell, as the low-lying area borders on the Middle Fork of the Black River.  The little house that sat vacant for years, decades actually, has now been emptied out and may just be someone's house, or temporary house.  I feel compelled to take a pic for two reasons:  the beauty of it, and fact that it has been sitting there waiting for the right buyer.  Who knows, maybe the owner died and the children didn't want it.
 Update to follow....

WOW ilinda, thanks for posting this!!
I hadn't thought of this tip, since I am going to have to get land far away from this area.
Maybe checking classifieds in the areas I feel might be good...
All The Best,
Yowbarb