Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 37351 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2017, 04:08:19 PM »
Finally a couple of pics of the BARGAIN 220 acres for $80,000.  Still, unbelievable.  Anyway, I took these by holding my camera out the window, without looking into the viewfinder and got lucky on two shots by getting a fairly decent pic.  I'm fairly certain they did get river frontage as part of their parcel, as the bottomland where the trees begin is where the river flows, as it curves around the then goes under the road about 0.5 mi. further down the road.  They got a steal.

If you are passing through this area, I can drive you around and show you a number of places where we have seen no activity in years and many are off the beaten track.  Many homesteads in this area have a spring--otherwise they would not have been able to homestead, as electricity came to this are relatively late.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #256 on: July 17, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »

Finally a couple of pics of the BARGAIN 220 acres for $80,000.  Still, unbelievable.  Anyway, I took these by holding my camera out the window, without looking into the viewfinder and got lucky on two shots by getting a fairly decent pic.  I'm fairly certain they did get river frontage as part of their parcel, as the bottomland where the trees begin is where the river flows, as it curves around the then goes under the road about 0.5 mi. further down the road.  They got a steal.

If you are passing through this area, I can drive you around and show you a number of places where we have seen no activity in years and many are off the beaten track.  Many homesteads in this area have a spring--otherwise they would not have been able to homestead, as electricity came to this are relatively late.

Wow! beautiful. So, with 220 acres, surely some of them would be hilltops...
(Wouldn't want to build down in the river area.)
sounds so good...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2017, 02:49:20 PM »
Another thought about buying rural, apparently abandoned or unused property...

If you find something you really love, and have checked with the Recorder of Deeds to find owner's contact info., you may really luck out if contact with the owner tells you that he has no interest in living there and none in the future, and might even entertain the idea of selling it. 

If this particular property really resonates with you, offer a "land contract" where the owner/seller "holds paper", selling the farm/property to you "on contract" for a specified time, and at a specified rate of interest, specified payment amount, etc.   There is nothing dishonest about this setup, as many people have bought homes and farms in this manner. 

If you are able to buy a really nice property with little or no down payment, consider the future, especially if the owner lives on a coast, or in an area that you feel is totally dangerous.  You may find yourself owning a lovely property, mortgaged to the hilt, but with no mortgage holder to be found after a major Earth-changes event.  Sounds morbid, but it is food for thought.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #258 on: July 31, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »
Another thought about buying rural, apparently abandoned or unused property...

If you find something you really love, and have checked with the Recorder of Deeds to find owner's contact info., you may really luck out if contact with the owner tells you that he has no interest in living there and none in the future, and might even entertain the idea of selling it. 

If this particular property really resonates with you, offer a "land contract" where the owner/seller "holds paper", selling the farm/property to you "on contract" for a specified time, and at a specified rate of interest, specified payment amount, etc.   There is nothing dishonest about this setup, as many people have bought homes and farms in this manner. 

If you are able to buy a really nice property with little or no down payment, consider the future, especially if the owner lives on a coast, or in an area that you feel is totally dangerous.  You may find yourself owning a lovely property, mortgaged to the hilt, but with no mortgage holder to be found after a major Earth-changes event.  Sounds morbid, but it is food for thought.

Thanks for sharing your ideas...
We must be nimble of wit...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2017, 03:17:44 PM »
Found this in my folder for PXTH, but can't recall how old it is.  Here it is anyway, as property doesn't always sell fast, so it may still be available.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/reo/5139167428.html
 *160* Acres Near Crystal Clear Black River Secluded, Hunting, Nice! (Annapolis)